It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kenyan official: Obama born in KENYA

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

For one thing FOX doesn't push the birther issue at all, just the opposite.

hahahaha, i guess you're watching FOX News in that "opposite" dimension or something?

They bring it up all the time in their "wanna-be" clever little ways.

Give me a break.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
reply to post by spinalremain

A kenyan official says its true - and you buy into it hook line & sinker

An American official says it's not true, and you call them a liar.

You...have...no...clue...

There may be good reason for that. Look at how many American officials have been caught lying to the citizens. What reason do they have to trust them?

Kenyan officials haven't been caught lying to us yet, so there's laxed cynacism involved.

Irregardless, there doesn't appear to be any reason for the Kenyan official to make it up in this context. Many of Kenyan officials seem to believe he was born over there, since this is not the first I've seen quoted on here regarding this.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Mr. Obama is your president, you like it or not. Why don't you get out of your country ?

just my 2 cent

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa

There may be good reason for that. Look at how many American officials have been caught lying to the citizens. What reason do they have to trust them?

Kenyan officials haven't been caught lying to us yet, so there's laxed cynacism involved.

:LOL:

Did you really post that? Do you know anything about Kenya? There is more corruption over there than we could pack into a 24 hour news cycle. Ahhh ignorance really is bliss around this topic, eh?

Irregardless, there doesn't appear to be any reason for the Kenyan official to make it up in this context. Many of Kenyan officials seem to believe he was born over there, since this is not the first I've seen quoted on here regarding this.

Oh god you are killing me. Africa is a bastion of truth and honesty, right? I just got another email from the Nigerian prince too.

You think there is less corruption over there because you just do not know about it. Please enlighten me as to how much you have looked into how corrupt Kenya is. Please?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

I have noticed this pattern as well in these threads.

A poster will come in, pull out some of the old fashioned buzz-phrases: Obama spends millions hiding his records, he won't show his long form certificate, the certificate he showed us is a forgery, etc. etc..

Then, when somebody replies to them with facts and evidence, instead of admitting they are wrong, or even attempting an honest rebuttal, they simply disappear from the thread. They see a losing battle, so they turn tail and run.

I don't know what sort of cowardice it takes to run away from a simple discussion on an internet forum. I just don't understand it.

For plenty more of what you just described, go to ANY thread critical of obama, or Palin for that matter, and read what liberals post there in defense of obama or to attack Palin.

Double standard much?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
For plenty more of what you just described, go to ANY thread critical of obama, or Palin for that matter, and read what liberals post there in defense of obama or to attack Palin.

Double standard much?

And yet again, no examples for us to see.

Tell me why you would bother believing lies and rumors you cannot back up? Why would you promote them too?

-I am still waiting for you to prove any of the claims you have made about the COLB. What is the holdup?

[edit on 13-4-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Has anyone from the birther movement managed to debunk the birth announcement in the Honolulu newspaper yet? Just curious, since it never seems to come up in these disputes.

I still go by the theory that Satan planted the announcement after he was done burying fake dinosaur bones to confuse evolutionary science. You know, because Obama is the Antichrist.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by suicydking

It doesn't generally come up, because there is no way the birthers can debunk it. Though your theory may be plausible

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by drwizardphd

I have noticed this pattern as well in these threads.

A poster will come in, pull out some of the old fashioned buzz-phrases: Obama spends millions hiding his records, he won't show his long form certificate, the certificate he showed us is a forgery, etc. etc..

Then, when somebody replies to them with facts and evidence, instead of admitting they are wrong, or even attempting an honest rebuttal, they simply disappear from the thread. They see a losing battle, so they turn tail and run.

I don't know what sort of cowardice it takes to run away from a simple discussion on an internet forum. I just don't understand it.

Double standard much?

Not really... Obama was a scholar and Palin is a half wit that mouths phony down-home platitudes to mask her utter vapidity.

(It's okay if you want to look that word up sweetie :lol

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I apologize if this is foreign ignorance, but why must such information matter? Whatever ones ancestry, if your nation truly values this concept of equality you seem to favor, is it not then nationalist to ensure a president was born in a certain area? Does your birthplace change anything at all, or is it mere xenophobia? I do not believe it matters where he is from, one should focus on how he is governing, not where he was born.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Darcia]

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Darcia]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Ugh.

Threads like this is why I've rarely posted responses to topics over the past 5 years. Some people are just.....waaaayyy out there & way too stubborn at the same time.

What do ya except, I guess, it is ATS

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Don't forget this.

www.wnd.com...

"On the floor of the Kenyan National Assembly the day after Barack Obama was elected U.S. president, members of the African country's parliament celebrated "a Kenyan ruling the USA," calling Obama "a son of the soil of this country."

OMG! He's born of the soil!? He must be a golem or vampire or something!

Maybe if this hits the mainstream, otherwise, WND might as well be THE mouthpiece for the birther movement.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The Kenyan official probably heard it on the internet somewhere and assumed it was true. The birther movement doesn't have very much credibility.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darcia
I apologize if this is foreign ignorance, but why must such information matter? Whatever ones ancestry, if your nation truly values this concept of equality you seem to favor, is it not then nationalist to ensure a president was born in a certain area? Does your birthplace change anything at all, or is it mere xenophobia? I do not believe it matters where he is from, one should focus on how he is governing, not where he was born.

Yes, it is foreign ignorance... and I am sincere when I say that I mean that in the gentlest way possible.

The reason it is important is, not only the fact that it states in the U.S. Constitution that one must be a natural born citizen but, more importantly the tenant behind the clause.

Article II, Section I of the U.S. Constitution:

No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years, and been fourteen Years a resident within the United States.

The reason they put that clause in the Constitution is because they were concerned with people holding the highest office in the country having competing allegiances with other countries because of birth place.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
how about the original, signed by the doctor who delivered him, with his mothers and fathers signature and witnesses. which in the 60's wouldn't have been a computer print out but an original paper document, complete with hospital and state seals which there would have been multiple copies each signed by the doctor and witnesses. for sure the state archives, the hospital and doctor and his parents would have had a copy. the odds are against obama that not one original copy survived. most likely, since that in the early 60's, hawaii just became a state, the census and civil record keeping must of been in a total mess and with the amount of natives hawaiians who historically don't keep such records, getting everyone registered would have been a gigantic task. since his mother was divorced and an american citizen, and wanting her son to be american, it would have been very easy for her to go to some unorganized tiny city hall office and say she lost her sons birth certificate and get issued a new one. since it wasn't computerized any information they recorded would be taken at her word. when records where computerized his information was feed to the system without anyway to authenticate. thats why there's only a computer printed certificate and no original paper copies.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I just love this clip...

This is how messed up birthers are. Not even Ann Coulter buys this garbage.

Of course, John Stewart show the "logic" of this conspiracy...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

I'm beginning to think that there is no evidence that will open the eyes of the "Obama True Believer". I have seen so much compelling evidence to put Obama's eligibility in question that it's not even funny... But these "True Believers" dismiss everything. They reject any evidence no matter how credible and damning because they simply refuse to believe it could be true... Hopeless zombies.. Ignorance is bliss...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson
Did you really post that? Do you know anything about Kenya? There is more corruption over there than we could pack into a 24 hour news cycle. Ahhh ignorance really is bliss around this topic, eh?

I didn't say I think that Kenya isn't corrupt. I'm just saying the American people don't trust the American government and most know very little about the Kenyan government.

I am quite certain Kenya is corrupt. Most countries are.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Th1nker

Please, share this compelling evidence with us. Please post the back up original sources for that evidence so that we can see this compelling evidence for ourselves.

I mean random guy in Kenya saying Obama was born there is one thing. (Fact of the matter is, it's a great deal of Kenyan pride that Obama, the son of a Kenyan is the POTUS, so they are naturally proud of their collective "son")

But we want hard core real evidence that Obama wasn't born in Hawaii as he and Hawaii claim.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa
I didn't say I think that Kenya isn't corrupt. I'm just saying the American people don't trust the American government and most know very little about the Kenyan government.

I am quite certain Kenya is corrupt. Most countries are.

I really hate it when people do not even pay attention to the things they write.

No reason not to distrust them because you have seen no lies but then again you know they are corrupt and do not trust them?

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join