It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CONFIRMED, Greece is cooked!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NON-CONFORMIST

LOL Some of you want to turn every crisis into a conspiracy.

Greece lied about their financial situation ( with help from the Us ) to get into the EU.If you think Germany is going to bail them out, think again!

America has made their own bed, let them sleep in it.

This situation was created by Goldman Saks London base office and Greece. Sorry, but America was not responsible for this crime. While America may be responsible for many things in the world...this is not one of them.

Greece lied to the EU about their growing deficit, using derivatives to hide their $10 billion problem. Imo they will be bailed out by the IMF and the EU. This next week should be interesting for the world markets.

Best,
rgs

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Put my money in the pot for a bailout bet. The system must keep going or the illusion must keep going. Either way, it will not ensure the safety of the Euro.

online.wsj.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave157

you got it EXACTLY RIGHT....the 'bailouts did nothing but postpone a crash"

and the 1st domino is greece, engineered by the same evil crew (GS and ilk)

that did the US in.

The EU's citizenry isn't armed to the teeth - like our 80 million gun owners

and their 300+ million weapons - but Greek rioters are quite effective.

I should know - not only am I greek with most of my family still there -

but have witnessed greek rioting all the way back to 1985, on the street

around me. Scary.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

but Antonia, any bailout will also postpone the inevitable....

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by drphilxr
reply to post by antonia

but Antonia, any bailout will also postpone the inevitable....

And that's the point. I'm not here saying a bailout will fix it, we all know (well, most of us) it won't. The intent is not to fix these problem though. It is merely (IMHO) to postpone it long enough to put the control grid required in place.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by antonia]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
well.. they are withdrawing the money from the bank"s right now ... 15 billion euros are taking away last weeks.. we know wat that impact is...

and who will buy the greeks out ? all the euro nations are in dept...
pay the greeks out will end in an revolt in all euro nations... that will be bad news for the US.....

[edit on 10-4-2010 by ressiv]

[edit on 10-4-2010 by ressiv]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

well put then.

you are likely correct about the delay involved, it has been sooo dragged out

so far, some quick bandaid imf/ hybrid fix will be attached now until

the problem re emerges and is catastrophic.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
At least the people of Greece have a lot to fall back on if the EU turns its back...Awesome food growers the Greeks,they won't go hungry,and the history will always pull in tourists if you need extra money.

And also I will always have extra respcet for Greece for showing everyone in europe how the dark EU overlords treat their "minions" when they go against the grain.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by rgseymour

Originally posted by NON-CONFORMIST

LOL Some of you want to turn every crisis into a conspiracy.

Greece lied about their financial situation ( with help from the Us ) to get into the EU.If you think Germany is going to bail them out, think again!

America has made their own bed, let them sleep in it.

This situation was created by Goldman Saks London base office and Greece. Sorry, but America was not responsible for this crime. While America may be responsible for many things in the world...this is not one of them.

Greece lied to the EU about their growing deficit, using derivatives to hide their $10 billion problem. Imo they will be bailed out by the IMF and the EU. This next week should be interesting for the world markets.

Best,
rgs

How deep in your bag of tricks do you want to dig?

Who controls Goldmans in London? Quit trying to BS or pull the wool over someones eyes!

10 billion? I will give you a chance to check your facts but then I'm coming at you.I like the Greeks but they are notorious tricksters.

LOL LOl LOL

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DazedDave

dave, the point i was making was, in this time of bank crisis, its difficult to know where to put your money where its safe.they are scared of another crash.
asia is probably the best option,

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
At least the people of Greece have a lot to fall back on if the EU turns its back...Awesome food growers the Greeks,they won't go hungry,and the history will always pull in tourists if you need extra money.

And also I will always have extra respcet for Greece for showing everyone in europe how the dark EU overlords treat their "minions" when they go against the grain.

What do they have to fall back on? Tourism? It's already down over 10% and growing!

Who are the overlords you talk about? The Germans? The ones who work their butts off and should pay for the lazy? Tell me oh wise one!

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Hold on tight, lean to the right, scream if you want to go faster!!!

The roller coaster has started folks, once it's started, there's no getting off!

Dodgy times are afoot!

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by Canadianinsight

Amen. The bankers need to be tried and HANGED RIGHT NOW.

Bankers are more dangerous than terrorists, than Iran, than everyone else.

1) "I sincerely believe ... that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies, and that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity under the name of funding is but swindling futurity on a large scale." -- Thomas Jefferson to John Taylor, 1816.

2) "... You are a den of vipers and thieves. I intend to rout you out, and by the grace of the Eternal God, I will rout you out." -- President Andrew Jackson, upon evicting a delegation of international bankers from the Oval Office

3) "Give me control over a nation's currency and I care not who makes its laws." -- Baron M.A. Rothschild (1744 - 1812)

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
tourism relies on money or credit, who has any?
usa is massively in debt, as is uk, ireland,greece ,spain, italy, iceland, latvia,ukraine,.these are the modern ones.
latin america,africa and parts of asia have been struggling for years
china one of the richest countries are losing massive orders from the top list above,due to less customers, so now china is in trouble,but not as serious.
1 billion of the worlds population, the 1st debtors are hungry, thats 1/7th of all , millions now recently have lost their homes and are living on the streets,these are the second stage
the last to fall is the middle classes,
and most of the worlds population will be slaves, so who is going to get the world back on its feet ?
to the many millions throughout the world ,we are fooling ourselves by listening to the lies we have been told.
behind every effect there is a cause, why would so few have/want so much money? bankers are getting millions in bonuses, WHY WOULD THEY NEED IT? greed? i doubt it ,would they put it in the bank? no point, buy property? they have loads already, so why do they crave it so much?
find the answer to that question, and it will all make sense.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by stmichael]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The Greece bailout really is a double edged sword for the EU. If they don't, Greece will drag them down... if they do Spain, Italy, Ireland... can't be far behind looking for their bailout.

Tough as it was to swallow the US's bitter bailout pill, at least it's fellow Americans we thought were being helped out. Don't think the same feeling of unity exists in the EU.

I know that when I found out how much of the AIG bailout went to other countries, I was a lot angrier than when I thought it was helping our country. If they are bailed out those riots may spread far beyond the borders of Greece.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
It seems to me there's alot of bank-bashing with regards to Greece when in fact there was a much bigger cause.

The researchers - having applied direct and indirect methodological approaches to evaluating the main financial sectors and the Greek GDP - estimated the range of the Greek Underground Economy at from 20% to 25% of GDP, ranking Greece among the most problematic OECD economies. The underground economy, defined as all off-the-books and unregulated activity, is considered as one of the main negative effects deriving from serious structural problems of the Greek economy.

The Shadow Economy and Corruption in Greece (2006 pdf)

So basically the people screwed themselves and forced the government to get loans to make up the shortfall to pay for all the services for the country.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Greece will be bailed out via the American taxpayer (aka Uncle Ben's printing press) by utilizing the IMF's global emergency stabilization fund. Said fund recently had over $100 billion placed in it by the US Treasury.

Once the debt to the IMF can be put into default by the continuing deepening of the manufactured global fiat currency crisis, Greece's sovereignty can be finally and fully destroyed and wholly ceded to the global banking cabal.

Best thing they could do is default on the current debt, exit the eurozone and start printing drachma again.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
While the situation in Greece is dire, it's really only the Greek peoples fault. If you demand all of these social services from your politicians and don't understand how those services are paid for then really it's the peoples fault.

What do they expect of politicians?

They want to keep their jobs so they give you what you want.

But wait a second you don't want us to increases taxes?

No problem we have a solution!

We'll just borrow the money don't worry about it people you'll get what you want.

You see where I'm going with this?

Monday will be an interesting day and I'll have to keep an eye on the Asian Markets tomorrow when they open.

My mom is heading to Scotland/Ireland next month and I've been advising her to hold off converting her money as our dollar is getting stronger and the EURO/GBP have fallen considerably over the last 3 months versus the CDN.

I keep telling my friends and family that the smartest thing Canada could do is kick out the Bank of Canada and use a small portion of the interest we use to pay these crooks to hire the best people in Canada to set our monetary policy and peg our dollar to a basket of resources that are prevelant in Canada(oil, gold, silver, uranium, coal, iron, fresh water,etc).

Our dollar if done like the above would become the new world reserve currency. Canada is in solid financial shape and loaded up with natural resources.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NON-CONFORMIST

Sorry N-C, but I do not need to check my facts and I have no bag of tricks or nothing up my sleeve. I read the WSJ every morning and I am very aware of the situation. Sorry, there is no BS here and so you know, it was not America that caused the situation as you stated.

Back to the point.

Goldman Saks corporate office is in NYC, but it was their London office that brokered the debt-derivatives deal ($30 billion). In 2001, this deal was created, so Greece could enter the EU…they were refused to enter the EU in 1998 due to their excessive debt. Their true debt is now around $300billion and many in the EU want Greece kicked out of the EU. The situation is dire for the Greece and the EU.

I too like the Greeks…as I am/was planning to vacation there within the year.

Best,
rgs

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
If this runs true to form they will get bailed out by the US taxpayers and then get a new fresh loan from the banksters that will be guaranteed by the US taxpayers. Also the money they get and the money to bail them out will be invented out of thin air by the FED or the IMF and then applied at interest to the US taxpayers' national debt. We can't afford to bail them out. But no matter, that is what the national debt was intended for. Unfortunately it won't be long before the banking cabal turns on us and demands payment, then nobody will be left because the biggest billy goat won't be able to pay either. The only reason we have this mess is the FED. Central banks and fractional reserve privileges always cause chaos, no exception.
And it is America that is at fault because we harbored the problem, because we harbored the FED and the UN, just like the taliban are supposed to have harbored al Queda, even though they were and still are actually both CIA sponsored.
Actually it is not our fault because we are victims of the FED just as they are victims of their central bank.
At least they didn't dump murderous druggy thugs on them from CIA training camps in Juarez. What ever happened to Haiti? How did they estimate so fast that they would lose 200,000 people.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by m khan]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join