It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who else seems to go to the same place every night in their dreams?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
I posted this in another thread I just found, and thought I'd start a thread of my own. Looking for people who may have recurring dreams of the same metropolitan area I go to almost every night in my dreams. This is beginning to sound like the "Looking for people who have been to the grey room" thread, but it's not.

For about a year, more or less (I haven't really kept track) I've been seemingly going into the same "dreamworld" in almost every dream that I can remember. What I mean by "the same "dreamworld"" is this: it's the same place everytime. It's a city. Just a city. Not some futuristic or otherworldly city, just a city. A metropolitan area that I seem to be familiar with in the dream. It reminds me (after waking) of an area near Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan. Sometimes I'm outside trying to find a bus stop, other times I'm walking, trying to find my bearings so I might get to some location in the city. The area I seem to always find myslf near also has a freeway interchange of some sort. Other times it seems somehow apocalyptic. Sometimes I find myself in the basement of a building, trying to find a safe hiding place frome something. The basement is full of old junk and rubble , and there are passageways of some sort in the walls where I try to hide. Sometimes I'm in the same tobacco shop, over and over, wanting to smoke, but not havng any cigarettes (I smoke in waking life). The shop is full of forign cigarettes like DuMaurier's and the like.

Infrequently I can "float" around, but those around me in the dream don't seem to notice I'm trying to show them I can float, or maybe they don't care that I can.

It always seems to be dusk, or twighlight in the city when I'm there. Or not too long after sundown.

I should start a dream journal and try to figure out where exactly I am and what I'm doing there.

[edit on 4/8/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

I replied to the "mall" and "hallways" part of your thread just now, but after reading the first post, I have to reply to that as well, since I, too, dream of what I believe is the same city.

My city always has overcast skies; I never see the sun, and I have only "been there" once or twice at night time. In some way it seems to be abandoned, somewhat apocalyptic only in the sense that everything seems dead there, dated, from another time, but looks relatively modern. The most striking feature of this city is a river that seems to snake through the whole middle of it. I've found myself floating on garbage that looks like it might have washed down the river (i.e., wood, building materials, etc.) and have floated beyond the actual city into what is like a country-ish kind of area with very tall gold grass, little grassy islands in the river. There never seem to be any other people there, except for two spots: an airport and a train station terminal. The train station is more like a commuter train. The airport is an open-air airport, meaning it has no real walls on the outside, kind of reminds me of the airport in Cancun (or at least how it used to look like in 1997). This is a very busy place, many people.

The airport and train station seem to be connected and when going there, it is like a portal to other frequent dream places, ones I already mentioned in your thread (the mall) and the house one I mention here, www.abovetopsecret.com... and again here, www.abovetopsecret.com... as well as the basement of that house.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mountaingirl1111

The basement of the house is rather creepy to me, and not at all homey. Neither is the house. And I don't remember a hallway will many doors off the living-room. But I don't have the best recall when I wake up, and these various buildings seem to all be connected somehow at times, and not connected at other times. Like hallways leading underground from the house, to the mall, to the food storerooms and the offices. The mall is ultra-modern and brightly lit and directly connected somehow to the offices. The food store-rooms are in a sub level. I've found myself on numerous occasions within the food store rooms trying to collect supplies without being found out. Of course there's more going on. It's just rather difficult to describe the connectedness of the house and the mall and the other places I've described. But the city is quite deserted. few people here and there if any at all. Like a scene from the tv miniseries "The Langoliers", by Stephen King. A spooky, damp desertedness. Overcast or at least dimply lit.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
A thread of interest:

Possible Explanation for Shared Dreams
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by starheart
started on 4/18/2013 @ 07:14 PM

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
My dreams seem to go through a cycle of places.. A mall one night, school the next, random place that has familiar points, no dream, random dream. Recycle.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Hi!

I've been looking for someone to connect with over this so I Googled this topic and was led to your thread!
I've never met anyone who's experienced something similar before. I can relate to your dreams because I have almost the exact same ones!

Like yours, my dreams always happen in some sort of vague metropolis (with a big sail-like building like the Burj Al Arab), but I must know it because it feels awfully nostalgic when I "visit". I've had dreams in different locations (i.e. apartment block, board room, street roundabout) but they always feel as though they're in the same city. Like I know, in my gut. These places remind me vaguely of hometown (Miri, Malaysia) but they're certainly not the same and I haven't lived there for 6 years.

In my dreams I have no control over my actions, it's as though I'm watching events take place like a movie.
Like I'm looking at another me in a first person perspective.

The most vivid ones I can remember is where I got buried alive and stabbed in the back with a dagger by someone I knew in real life. Later on in real life, that friendship with that person ended, mainly because of a misunderstanding but it never escalated into violence, it just lapsed. I don't feel as though it was a warning, but maybe it was a sign? I'm not sure.

Other dreams I've had include a lot of people I know in real life, but their personality and behaviour that I'm familiar with, seems somewhat askew. As if my dream versions of them were their polar opposites or adjacents.

I really don't know what to make of these dreams. I have a theory that this dream city that I have is a parallel timeline/universe and that the dreams were my "bridge" to it.

I haven't "visited" in about a year though. I wonder why.
edit on 13-8-2013 by Margo01 because: grammatical errors

edit on 13-8-2013 by Margo01 because: add details

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

For about a year, more or less (I haven't really kept track) I've been seemingly going into the same "dreamworld" in almost every dream that I can remember. What I mean by "the same "dreamworld"" is this: it's the same place everytime. It's a city. Just a city. Not some futuristic or otherworldly city, just a city. A metropolitan area that I seem to be familiar with in the dream.

That's weird.

I keep track of my dreams, because of their metaphysical value. I too keep dreaming about a city. It's a small city, with very hight brick walls. It's not gloomy, not anything, it's just a city. I also saw once, in that city, a sculpture made of metal rod, with greenish rust on it.

As I got out the city... towards the south I believe, I can remember other cities, one of which is kinda underground, but with a glass plate so you can walk upon it and even build other buildings on top of it. Kind of neat.

I have friends who had the same dreams than me.

I wonder... is there a one dreamworld where everyone goes as they dream?

edit on 13-8-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

It's just rather difficult to describe the connectedness of the house and the mall and the other places I've described.

Is it like almost random? A bit like a maze? With windows, doors and stairways all mixed up?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Yes. maze-like is a way to describe it. Just recently I was dreaming there and i wound up in a stairwell that had a way in when I went down it. But upon turning around to go back up, after finding the stairwell down led to a bricked in space full of snow, the way back up had disappeared. I was in the mall-like portion of this place when I encountered the stairwell. The mall was even more maze-like than I have previously dreamed.

Interesting.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Hmmm... Are we in the same city, every night?

S&F.

reply to post by Arken

It seems to be the case. Somehow. What about the mall? Have you been to a mall in this place?

edit on 10/24/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

Yes, but a very strange Mall. It was underground, huge, carved in the rock, and my companion, who show me that place was a... gentle...Giant!

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Okay, so that does match. It's really amazing.

Hm, can you remember how the Moon looks like in your dreams? In mine, the moon is often very small, and sometimes there's three of them, each of different size. I also dreamed that one of these moon was yellow, with blue-ish molten grains on its surface.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

I don't recall ever noticing the moon in these dreams. Sorry.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

reply to post by swanne

I don't recall ever noticing the moon in these dreams. Sorry.

Don't feel bad... I usually wake up each bloody times I see it. I guess you're lucky - you have more dream time than I do!

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Here's another one:

Living a double life while I sleep!
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by samuel1990
started on 8/27/2013 @ 04:10 AM

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I have had many dreams where I go to this city. When I read these post there are so many similarities. The mall, ohaving many demensions and stairs and being big. Like nothing you have ever seen. Imagine a building the size of a small city, this is the mall. Um I'm sorry, I thought that I was crazy or something was wrong with me but I know there is not. And im extremely overwhelmed becuz sometimes its like trying to process the dream in reality. Im not rambling, for instance, asking questions in the dreamlike city will not get you an answer people just look at me like why did she just ask that. Once when I was in the mall I recognized a lady that I saw at the beach in another dream. When she refused to answer my question I grabbed her by the hands and told her she was going to tell me because I had been coming to this city for a long time and I still dont know how things works. She started telling me alot, like how I can leave and come back but they have to stay there. Now she was saying alot but sometimes she gave me info without using her voice or moving her mouth. In this city, there is something bad that keeps things in check because she told me she gave me to much info and they are coming for me and I should run and dont let them catch me. Im not crazy, im not faking, I had these dreams since a little girl and now I just want to talk to someone who doesnt think I need to be locked up.I

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by closhcalica

I googled dreaming of the same place every night and it brought me to this website. For the last 5 years I have dreamt of visiting the same place. Although I have never been there in real life. My place is a big beautiful Island, it has a boardwalk, piers, boats, a beach. There's also sometimes a huge parking lot. There's a forest/jungle that you can walk through. Now along the boardwalk there's a huge building that sometimes is a hotel, house, movie theatre, or a mall. After this building there are a bunch of shops. Past that there is a bridge that leads to a water park. There is also a road and along that road on the right hand side there is a field and beyond the field is a lake with benches. If you keep driving it will take you to a city. I could literally draw this whole place out. It's like I know every twist and turn of it. There are always people there but I never remember what I say to them or what they say to me. The mall I know by heart like I have been there a million times. The house is kind of weird especially downstairs. It has all these secret rooms. Most of the time I don't want to leave this place. I don't know why I have these dreams or what they mean, but I'm glad that I found this website because now I know I'm not the only one. Maybe it's me but going to the same place in my dreams every night is very odd. Does anyone have any idea what these dreams mean?? It seems like there's a big common thread here.
Thanks!!

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I too have constructed a dream city that I visit (almost) every night. It has taken years to piece it all together... what I once thought were multiple separate dream locations have slowly revealed themselves to be parts of a larger city that I have come to know fairly well. Parts of it resemble places in my real life while others seem to be completely fabricated from the dream-space. There are particular buildings and parts of town that stick out in my mind, particularly an open, flat space jutting out from the side of a mountain overlooking the rest of the city. There is also a large apartment building, as well as a variation on the street where I work. The geography of the city is extremely varied with both high and low elevations connected by winding streets and, on the outskirts, dirt roads.
The more I sleep (so with each passing night) I come to have more of an understanding for the layout of the map of this dream-city. It has begun to feel like a real place, one that I sometimes wish I could visit in waking hours as if the buildings and roads exist somewhere and I just haven't been able to find them on our plane yet.
I would like to try and be a bit more lucid in this experience, picking out specific landmarks and connecting the separate locations in a way that I can recall them in my waking hours and perhaps one day even draw a map.
One popular theory of dreaming is that our brains are trying to provide a simulation, a 'practice space', if you will, to either reenact past events or play out possible future ones in a safe realm, one in which our actions do not affect our reality, 'test-driving' certain scenarios to attempt to predict the outcome (or possible alternative outcome for a past event.) Who knows where our spirits go when we sleep, when we die... but truly, the body is a vessel. Our physical being has no power that our mind does not provide.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Margo01

Me too, with the watching myself. Also with the parallel timeline/universe.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I don't dream of the same place EVERY night, but I've spent a lot of time in my city. I rarely see more than one building, but one time, I got to look out at it from a tall, glittering, steel building during a sunrise (which came from directly in front of me). There are a lot of elegant, unique, steel and glass buildings, and artistic stone fountains. There's a park with those green, crisscross picnic tables where teenagers like having late-night parties. Usually nobody sees me (they don't in real life much either), but there was this eerie exception.

It started out like my dreams often do,in this place I like to call Dream Central. Dream central looks like a long, white hallway with mahogany doors (for a good idea of what the doors look like, see alfa-img.com... and click on "Traditional Doors") on either side, going up seven levels on the walls to either side of me with no stairs or landings. Each door leads to a different dream. The right side is ones I've dreamt before and the left are new. At the end of the hallway, there's another door. Inside is the Purple Velvet room, which acts out any memory I choose since the age of 6 months old in shapes that rise from (yup, you guessed it) purple velvet. In the center of the purple velvet room is a light brown bridge over a molten gold river whose waters I am not permitted to touch on pain of death. Beyond the bridge is darkness.

If I cross the bridge, I find myself in a dimly lit house with an old couch pressed up against the wall. The couch, when moved, reveals a secret door, which I traveled through on this particular occasion. This particular door leads to what I believe are other people's dreams, from experiences there and discussions with a few of the owners of the dreams. I have no control over whose dreams I visit. The people whose dreams I visit never see me there in the dream, nor can they recall my presence upon waking up. They do, however, recall the dreams I describe, often horrified that I've seen their dreams.

This time, I found myself in the park with the green picnic table. There were a couple dozen people about my age there, and there were potato chips and soda (let it be noted here that I had never before this point tried soda, and my mom is a health freak, so I rarely had potato chips. There were certainly none in the house). I grabbed a Sprite and a bag of Lays, and sat down with a paper plate at one of the tables away from the streetlight. I was silently observing the partygoers while munching on potato chips, when someone sat down across from me. I immediately turned to look at him. He had chin length unevenly cut black hair and was wearing a dark grey or black hoodie. He looked very serious, maybe even a little angry.

"You're not supposed to be here," he said. I was totally shocked that someone could actually see me.

"What?" I asked him. He rolled his eyes.

"You're not supposed to be here."

"I don't know how to leave," I told him. He held out his hand. There was a little, striped, brown and white pebble, maybe a centimeter in most directions.

"Here," he began, handing it to me. The moment it touched my hand, I was awake in bed. There were still pieces of potato chip left in my teeth, and my mouth tasted like soda. Guess what was in my hand. The stone. Ever since, I haven't been able to go into other people's dreams.

Does anyone know why? And who was the boy? Why could he see me? How could I go into other people's dreams? How do I get back? How the hell did I wake up with the residue of food I could not have eaten in my mouth and a rock I'd never seen before in my hand? I swear, I'm not kidding.
edit on 22-10-2015 by museofcomedy because: grammar

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Holy crap! I have been looking for others who experience this too. A lot of you guys have similar locations as me!

I wonder, if this was an ability since the dawn of man, what did early people's dream worlds look like? Do they evolve with our collective consciousness?

Also, does anyone have strange names that were given to them in these dreams?

Resurrecting a dead thread, but it's the most recent I found with this exact subject and similar experiences

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I've been dreaming of the same "world" for 20+ years. It's always the same but what I'm doing there is always different.
It all seems to be centered around a lake/ocean. It's almost like if your on the left hand side it's a lake but once you get closer to the massive city it becomes an ocean.
On the left hand side of the lake are mountains with forests, a large park with a river running through a small town area, ponds, hiking trails with waterfalls, abandon wood structures and a riverside neighborhood.
This is also where I have one of two houses. The second is kinda on the lower side of the mountain on a green slope. It's a two story farm/victoranish style with a massive terrace, pool and pond with natural stream. There is a twin rundown house next door.

The middle of the lake has another hillside with very large houses build on it. This is also where the lake starts to take on ocean like feeling. There is a small seaside community with an elaborate road and walkway system connecting shops along the coastline.

One the right of the lake/ocean is a massive beautiful city. There is this sweeping raised road/walkway that juts out over the ocean and winds around the city and also connects to other building clumps of the city. It's all very clean and the architecture is stunning.

The far side of the lake/ocean to the left of the city are a string off massive hotel/resorts some built right on the water.

This place feels very normal.
There are people around me, sometimes I will interact with them but it's like they are just there doing there own thing
There are a lot less people, it almost feels like present day but with 1/4 the amount of population.
I have strong feelings of being homesick when I wake up.
There are a ton of HUGE fish and all the water is clean and beautiful.
The ocean looks clean but it does seem really really deep and kind of cold.

me
As a kid I suffered from sleep paralysis quite often.
I would also get stuck between the dreamworld and reality and often would need my parents to wake me up fully.
I'm a pretty skeptical person and much more sciences based in my personality.
This feels like a real place the same way an old house or childhood town feels real.

I can go into great detail being it's been 20+ years I've been going here almost living a second life in my dream time.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join