It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who else seems to go to the same place every night in their dreams?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I've had some recurring dreams where I've gone to places that seemed familiar to me in my dreams but were places I haven't encountered in real life.

A lot of them involve going to a movie theater. What's unusual about the theater, though is it isn't a multi-plex. It only has one screen and a lot of seats. The doors outside in front of the lobby are wooden doors painted white with glass window panes. I got the impression that this was near a coastal area.

Other times I dream of going to a really huge mall. It had white marble on the floors and walls. There weren't a whole lot of people there. In one dream I went into a keyboard music store and asked about it and the guy in the store told me business hasn't been too good lately.

Another time I was in a small family owned grocery store. There was cash register in front of the store in an enclosed area and a deli in back. The store was very narrow and the floor was more like a ramp going up towards the deli. I could tell the building the store was in was once a larger building, but had been split into two separate properties. The person at the cash register gave me a hot dog to feed to the cat that hangs out at the store. I got the impression from the owners that they didn't like whoever was using the other half of the building. I've never been to a place like that, but it seemed familiar in my dream.

Another recurring dream I have is where I'm playing some sort of weird hybrid racing/rpg/puzzle game on a portable game system with a three-dimensional display. It seems familiar to me when I'm dreaming it.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Junkheap]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CodenameDoeB

My husband has gone through this. For about a month he kept dreaming of killing people in the most horrific ways. He is such a nice guy in real life and the dreams upset him terribly. He said they don't feel like it's him doing it, like he IS someone else. He is not into all this weird stuff either, so it's not that he's wanting something weird to happen, he wants his life normal.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I have a place that I visit, but its been happening to me ever since I can remember. I only visit this place in dreams probably 3 times a year.. but its been happening my entire life so it adds up.

My place is in the middle of a woods near a small hill at the base of it. Up against the base of the hill (the hill looks worn away where I can see roots and sediment) theres an old wooden box. There is a stream nearby but thats really all I know about this place. I've never opened the box in my dream because my dreams about this place are usually very brief. If I have opened it before then I don't remember.

I know this place so well I could draw where every tree is located, the lighting, and everything.

I wonder what that means?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I have been intrigued by my war themed dreams in the same city for a very long time. Same city and its always being freakin invaded by aliens, russia, china, jihadi's or whoever and I am always fighting for my freakin life in one way or another. I always seem to wake up right before I get killed or die and this is how I always remember the dreams. Waking up trying to catch my breath with my heart beating 9 million times a minute...

Can anyone expain these types of repetitive dreams? Is it all just meaningless subconscience thoughts we have when we are sleeping or is there more to this?

Is there a thread here that goes into this in more detail?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aim2AttainMindfulness
i would like to help you be more lucid.
1. throughout your day, several times a day, you should "check-in" to see if you are dreaming or if you are awake. this can be something, such as, pinching yourself, touching the wall, feeling the chair you are sitting on, but do it consciously and realize that you are awake. if you do this enough to make habit of it -- you will do it in your dreams, but when you do it in your dreams you will realize that you are dreaming. (i have not used this technique personally, but this was recommended to me by my friend, and this method has worked for her)

2. as you are lying in your bed, say to yourself "I AM awake" and repeat that. as you get more and more sleepy, you will bring that "I AM" state into your dreams -- and if u do, you will realize that "I AM dreaming!" (this is the technique i used and in the beginning this is what helped me realize the lucidity)

I read a well known popular book on lucid dreaming many years ago. The title escapes me now, but I recall that the book contained these tips as well as others. I should hit the bookshops and pick up a copy. I'll recognize it when I see it.

[edit on 4/9/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I also had a vivid dream many years ago that has stuck with me. I'll post it in this thread and in the latest vivid dream thread:
"Extremely Vivid Dreams... How about you?"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Because this particular dream never recurred it seems like I should put it in that thread. I was reminded of the dream I'm speaking of while reading a post either in this thread or the vivid dream thread. I need to look for it. The poster described a place that seemed to fit the description of the place and activities in this dream. The single dream, not the "dream place" dreams I've been speaking about in previous posts. I need to go back and find this person's post and quote it to show the similarities. I'll be back shortly (hopefully) after I find his or her post.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Junkheap
I've had some recurring dreams where I've gone to places that seemed familiar to me in my dreams but were places I haven't encountered in real life.

A lot of them involve going to a movie theater. What's unusual about the theater, though is it isn't a multi-plex. It only has one screen and a lot of seats. The doors outside in front of the lobby are wooden doors painted white with glass window panes. I got the impression that this was near a coastal area.

Other times I dream of going to a really huge mall. It had white marble on the floors and walls. There weren't a whole lot of people there.

Well, that didn't take long. The post by "Junkheap" is the post I was refering to.

My dream:

I'm in what could be described as a mall. It's ornate though. Marble floors, marble walls. It reminded me of the emerald city from The Wizard of Oz, but not emerald in color. Just the opulence of it. It isn't exactly a mall either, but I can see how it might feel like a mall. It has the same expansive and multi-leveled feeling of being in a mall, but more like a self contained city. There is a winding staircase. On a floor of an area of this enclosed city is a film theater. There are doormen at the doors to the entrance. It's a one screen theatre, not a multi-plex. I peer inside and see the theatre is filled with people that I fancy are watching a summary of my life, and are making some kind of judgement, or scoring me as when a teacher scores an exam. I find my way back down the stairs to an exit. There seem to be no people anywhere in this enclosed city-like place. Only in the theatre. The dream then shifts and I'm outside of the city. I'm standing on the other side of some type of fence that borders the city. It seems to be built up on on a large hill/crest/mountain?. It sems like it might be near a coast. As I stand there, Cmdr. Data from ST:TNG approachs me, or I appraoch him and ask him what this place is, or something to that effect. Then Iwake up, or dream something else. This was something like 20 years ago. So... what the hell?

[edit on 4/9/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7c396702c632.jpg[/atsimg]

Hmmm....Conspiracy?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7c396702c632.jpg[/atsimg]

Hmmm....Conspiracy?

I didn't notice that.
That's funny stuff...

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Just in case we later-on draw up some lists of common themes, etc. I'd like to say (for the sake of clarity) that within my specific-location dreams, I don't float the way others have mentioned and I don't realise I'm back at the same place or that I'm dreaming. So while I'm in those dreams, it feels the same as real-life. It's only after I'm awake that I realise what's happened, i.e., same location, same people, details, etc

There are other dreams which are a bit similar, except I never remember them. All I'm left with is again, the 'feeling' of having gone back to a particular place where I've been having concentrated contact with the same people. In very old posts, i used to try to describe it as being at some sort of school. But as I can never remember the place or the people or what went on, it's locked up inside my head. A few times, as I've been in the process of waking up, I've heard a tiny bit of their voices, still talking. Then it cuts out suddenly, like a switch. For a few hours at least, after those non-remembered dreams, I feel 'out of myself' ... feel weak and ungrounded, as if I've been through something intense. So then I usually go for a walk, because that seems to put me back to normal

Don't know anyone on this planet who has the answers. And I certainly don't. But the many strange experiences I've had (including the various dream-types) have led me to form what are probably totally incorrect theories, such as suspecting our 'real lives' may be the dreams, with our supposed 'dream lives' being the 'real' life

And the various precognitive experiences I've had (including dreams) have made me wonder if it's not precognition/seeing the future at all --- but instead is the echo of the past. But even though that feels right intuitively, I haven't worked out a way to make it fit

Let's say we dream of an orange ball rolling slowly across a perfectly smooth floor. And then, days or weeks later, we do see an orange ball rolling across a smooth floor. We'd say excitedly, ' Hey, I dreamed this very same thing last week. I even wrote it in my diary '

But which version occurred in 'reality' ? Were we really dreaming when that ball first rolled across the floor ? Or were we really there right then, and was that the reality ... the original and true version occurring in time and space ?

Later, the ball rolled again. And again, we see it. Only this time, we believe we're in the 'true' reality and seeing a 'dream in the process of coming true'. But are we ? Or are we merely echoes of ourselves, witnessing the echo of the orange ball event ? In other words, although we believe we're living in 'time' which is running 'forwards', is it actually the opposite -- does time instead run 'backwards' ? Are our perception and perspective skewed inside out ?

I know what I mean, but it's too complicated for me to fully grasp or articulate. Probably all nonsense anyway ...

edit to fix messed-up code

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Dock9]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Steven Halpern does audio and books about lucid dreaming. I got his book from the library and the CD was in the back.

One dream I used to have all the time from childhood was about me pushing a large boulder up a hill. I used to think of Fred Flintstone when I had the dream, probably because of the boulder imagery. Usually my body was very rigid while dreaming this dream so maybe the dream came from my physical body state.

The other laugh we have around my house is my dreams of knives. I fight people using knives. I remember one dream last year where I went into a building (seemed like a dorm building) and people were attacking me with knives. It was so vivid, that I felt the actual cuts! I believe that dreams take us to astral regions or other realities, and/or we are experiencing another part of ourselves that is living in a different dimension. I too can look at myself in the dream and know it is me, but sometimes it is confusing when I can see my hair is different, or even my skin and race.

I sometimes think with the knives dream that I must have been one bad mickey fickey in a past life. I have no compunction about slicing and dicing people in defense in these dreams. My dreams of late have been dreams where I'm trapped and have to get myself out of the situation. I truly believe some dreams are just about processing day to day stuff and the other dreams, I'm just not so sure.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Other times it seems somehow apocalyptic. Sometimes I find myself in the basement of a building, trying to find a safe hiding place frome something. The basement is full of old junk and rubble

Infrequently I can "float" around, but those around me in the dream don't seem to notice I'm trying to show them I can float, or maybe they don't care that I can.

[edit on 4/8/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

I have these three times or so a week. I always look forward to them...they don't seem particularly scary, just kinda interesting.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aim2AttainMindfulness
i would like to help you be more lucid.

sleeping with moldavite, of course, helps.

withouth moldavite there are things you can do in your waking state also.

1. throughout your day, several times a day, you should "check-in" to see if you are dreaming or if you are awake. this can be something, such as, pinching yourself, touching the wall, feeling the chair you are sitting on, but do it consciously and realize that you are awake. if you do this enough to make habit of it -- you will do it in your dreams, but when you do it in your dreams you will realize that you are dreaming. (i have not used this technique personally, but this was recommended to me by my friend, and this method has worked for her)

2. as you are lying in your bed, say to yourself "I AM awake" and repeat that. as you get more and more sleepy, you will bring that "I AM" state into your dreams -- and if u do, you will realize that "I AM dreaming!" (this is the technique i used and in the beginning this is what helped me realize the lucidity)

One of the books I used to have on lucid dreaming was "Journeys Out Of The Body" By Robert Monroe.

www.amazon.com...

I had another one as well, but I can' remember the title. Must have had the words "lucid" and "dream" in the title. I'll look for that one as well.

edit: Just looking around on Amazon.com and found the other book I used to have. "Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming" by Stephen LaBerge

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1270940594&sr=1-2#noop

[edit on 4/10/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I have read "The Art of Dreaming" by Carlos Castenada, and "Astral Dynamics: A New Approach to Out-of-Body Experiences" by Robert Bruce and both of them emphasize looking at your hands while you are dreaming. Apparently when you look at your hands in a dream, they begin to elongate or "melt" and this can clue you in to the fact you are dreaming. I try to remember to look at my hands when I am dreaming but so far, I've never remembered to do so, but just having that in the back of my mind does make me more aware. I am not sure why it is so difficult to remember to look and focus on the hands while dreaming.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwynnhwyfar
I have read "The Art of Dreaming" by Carlos Castenada, and "Astral Dynamics: A New Approach to Out-of-Body Experiences" by Robert Bruce and both of them emphasize looking at your hands while you are dreaming. Apparently when you look at your hands in a dream, they begin to elongate or "melt" and this can clue you in to the fact you are dreaming. I try to remember to look at my hands when I am dreaming but so far, I've never remembered to do so, but just having that in the back of my mind does make me more aware. I am not sure why it is so difficult to remember to look and focus on the hands while dreaming.

I've heard this somewher before. In addition, I've also heard that's it's very hard to read anything in a dream; any text, street signs, etc.. And I've also heard that turning on light switches in dreams usually doesn't work. This can be used to clue you in that you're dreaming. Lights don't work, and things are hard or impossible to read

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Yes, LaBerge, that's the lucid dreaming book, lol.

Also try looking at money and seeing if it stays the same or changes. Usually reading or doing math for me is very difficult in dreams.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by goobgirl

I went to bed around 2:30 Friday night (Saturday morning technically) and slept till 6:30pm Saturday evening. (I sleep alot) Unfortunately I can't remember if I dreamt or not.

[edit on 4/11/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Before I restarted my studyies, I was working with wigs to have money (I still do it in holidays). You know, for costumes, fashion shows, etc.
I really wanted to learn new tecniques, and give a service that nobody around could do...
Then I started to dream about a wigshop (we don't have them here). The same wigshop. It had two old womans in charge, and they gave me hints about how to make certain hairdos, how to make bangs, how to dye them... and so. You can't imagine how many things I've learnt that way =s...

I had that dream, of the same store placed in the same shopping mall like every time I had a new challenge... When I started studying again and left the hairdressing business, I stopped to dream about that shop. I miss it in some way =(... the ladies in charge were so lovely

now... I started to dream about a forum... it's weird, because is a "spiritual internet board/chat" where you don't use a keyboard to post, it's so freaking weird! I'm with my PC on, but meditating by the side, eyes closed and visualizating a ball of blue energy, talking by tought with the other users, but reading their toughts on the ball, not listening to them... and if that's not weird enough, it's in english... when my mother language is spanish.

It had a name, but I can't recall it correctly. It's written in my dream diary but partially... I don't have it at hand, maybe tomorrow I'm gonna post it.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Caggy]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Do any of you feel as if you are part of a group struggling against some evil force?

Also lately in my dreams I've been in these LARGE apartment complexes that look like they're something from the 70's...

Always that sense of post-apocalyptic-ness though...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I have several places I revisit in my dreams. I remember them because I drive constantly. I'm on city streets, interstate highways, mountain roads, muddy country roads, flooded streets, industrial areas with lots of train tracks & bridges. I drive to malls but never seem to go in. I've got a neat trick where I sometimes sit in the backseat and the car sort of drives itself. I reach over and grab the wheel now & then.

I do the floating/flying thing. Not too often though and for me it's all in the legs. I've got to jump high enough to get going and I'm not always able. I feel embarrassed by my ungraceful attempts.

Caggy"s dream reminds me of one I had about beauty shops. I went to several beauty shops asking for a "wedge" haircut. I had a picture but no one knew what I was talking about. It was silly and I didn't give it a second thought. Sometime later I was watching a show about tornadoes. One in particular was really wide and huge it was referred to as a "wedge" tornado.
What struck me as odd was the night before the wedge dream I had a vivid dream about being chased by a tornado creature. Probably just a weird coincidence. At the time I wasn't aware of the term wedge being used to describe tornadoes. I've never dreamed about tornadoes before or since.

By the way the haircut looked really stupid. I'm glad no one could do it.

Enjoyed everyone's posts.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join