It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living a double life while I sleep!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Hi guys!

(not too sure if it should be in this forum or not!)

Now, this is a bit weird but I’m sure I’m not the only person to have experienced this kind of ‘double life’ while you sleep. Every time I sleep I dream- without fail. It could be a short nap, sleeping during the day, sleeping during the night, in any temperature and in any position- when ever and where ever!

Anyway, it seems that for the past year or two I have been going to the same kind of world every time I shut my eyes for a period of time. This isn’t anything futuristic or crazy weird, its just like Earth I guess except everything seems warmer.

There are a few main places I ‘visit’-

1)
A kind of resort style place that’s on the beach and has lots of little sandy island around it that you can (and I have) explore. There is a pool and a bar and lots of palms as well as the usual hotel and stuff like that. I’ve had many dreams here. One really weird one where I remember that all these horses were released into the resort and people were running and screaming and at times the horses were on their sides kicking about at people- that was odd. But other times I’m just there relaxing with my family like it’s just a normal holiday.

2)
A forest kind of place, more like a nature reserve. There is also, coincidentally, a hotel/resort/day spa kind of thing there and many times I have dreamt I’ve been there with celebrities (I won’t name who, I don’t want to be ridiculed… Ok, it was the Kardashian family. I don’t know why.) And also many dreams with my family there. In this one certain spot in the terrain there is kind of like a soccer pitch with day beds all around it- as if you were going to be sitting on these day beds (with white flowing curtains?) and watch people play soccer. I was interviewed by the news once there and another time me and my Mum were just chilling on a deck looking out at the bushland below us.

3)
The next place is a water park that somehow connects to the nature reserve (these places are HUGE, not just small landscapes- whole worlds) and I can recall one time going there with my Dad and sisters and we were going to go on this huge slide but we got distracted by some tigers or lions or something? I’m not too sure. But I can think of many times I’ve been there. Nothing exciting really happens here, it’s more of a place to look at I guess.

4)
Somewhere overseas in Europe. I can still remember this place like the back of my hand It was like in a semi rural town that has a train line running straight through it. The train line is elevated so it can be seen from all angles of the town. The family that I stay with there are lovely. I can’t think of what the accent is but its thick, very think. The place is always mild- reminds me of late Spring. The family always greet me and says ‘Welcome back!’ whenever I ‘return’ I guess.

Anyway, the point to this thread was to enquire and find out if any other ATS’ers have the same kind of experience? It’s as if I am living a double life- living in another world when I drift off to sleep. The problem is that these dreams are totally vivid- I can remember the most of them with absolute clarity. What was said, how I was feeling, the temperature, who was there; everything is as if it had been a memory from an hour ago. I can recall the people in my dream- mostly because they are people that I see on a ‘day to day’ (maybe that’s not the right way to put it…!) basis. If I saw one of the in the street I’d have no problem walking up to them and questioning them and seeing if they recognise me! (Although, on second thought that could be quite scary for the other individual to be told that I’ve dreamt of them for the last year without meeting them! Who know- maybe they’re made up face…)

Is there anyone out there who has experienced something like this? I’m heavily into astral projection, have been for years so I’m thinking am I just naturally projecting after years of purposefully doing it? I don’t experience the normal effects of the projection such as the whooshing sounds and the like- it’s just like I wake up there.

I’m really looking forward to hearing some of your personal stories!

edit on 27-8-2013 by samuel1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I also dream of the same places over and over again, kept a journal a few years back and was intrigued when a similar dream was repeated a few times over the course of a few months.
Sadly mine aren' t the holiday dreams that you have. I wouldn't mind that I need a holiday. I have a lot of flying dreams and I had one last night, I generally have full control except I can never get through some powerline type grid system.
Another recurring dream is of a house I lived in until I was 25 only it is often different in some way, almost like some type of alternate reality.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras
I also dream of the same places over and over again, kept a journal a few years back and was intrigued when a similar dream was repeated a few times over the course of a few months.
Sadly mine aren' t the holiday dreams that you have. I wouldn't mind that I need a holiday. I have a lot of flying dreams and I had one last night, I generally have full control except I can never get through some powerline type grid system.
Another recurring dream is of a house I lived in until I was 25 only it is often different in some way, almost like some type of alternate reality.

I’ve experienced that- the alternate type of reality. I remember it being the suburb I grew up in but the shop was on the other side of the road. In the dream I knew something was off about it but I kept going on with my daily routine.
It’s weird when you do have those dreams and you know the place is familiar but something just isn’t quite right with it!

It could be possible that when we dream we actually enter alternate realities that alternate versions of us are living in and experience life through their eyes .

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Hi.
I know how you feel about the whole living a double life thing. When I dream, which is every night, It sort of feels like a continuation, as I retain all of my memories/knowledge from my waking life and even sometimes my previous dreams. A lot of the time I find myself in familiar settings with familiar faces, and as a result, It is my belief that when we dream we go to alternate realities.

I’m heavily into astral projection, have been for years so I’m thinking am I just naturally projecting after years of purposefully doing it? I don’t experience the normal effects of the projection such as the whooshing sounds and the like- it’s just like I wake up there.
Have you heard of Phasing? Basically it is shifting/phasing your consciousness from the physical reality and towards the non-physical, minus the normal effects, such as the whooshing sounds. Apparently we all have OBEs when we dream, but most of us are not aware.

Here's an interesting site, with a free, very interesting e-book on phasing.
Unlimited Boundaries

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by samuel1990

Your having lucid dreaming experiences. A double life is twice the value.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   

I have something similar going on:

Who else seems to go to the same place every night in their dreams?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by this_is_who_we_are
started on 4/8/2010 @ 07:05 PM

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Not only do I go to the same places in dreams - and have done for most of my adult life - but I also have begun to see the people and places in those dreams while I'm awake. Like when I'm washing dishes, or just zoning out in the grocery store, I can see where I was last night, in that town I keep visiting now and then for 30 years, that is like a town I once lived in, and in the dream it is that town, but the physical aspects are in fact nothing like that 3D, physical place on Earth. Yet I go there all the time, and I know its geography... and I know when I am there in the dream.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by antoinemarionette
Not only do I go to the same places in dreams - and have done for most of my adult life - but I also have begun to see the people and places in those dreams while I'm awake. Like when I'm washing dishes, or just zoning out in the grocery store, I can see where I was last night, in that town I keep visiting now and then for 30 years, that is like a town I once lived in, and in the dream it is that town, but the physical aspects are in fact nothing like that 3D, physical place on Earth. Yet I go there all the time, and I know its geography... and I know when I am there in the dream.

Bizarre! Are you able to describe it a little more in detail or is it just a 'minds eye' kind of thing! I know I find it hard to describe certain things I've seen in dreams or places I've been in dreams so don't stress if you can't articulate the environment ^_^

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hazz-14
Hi.
I know how you feel about the whole living a double life thing. When I dream, which is every night, It sort of feels like a continuation, as I retain all of my memories/knowledge from my waking life and even sometimes my previous dreams. A lot of the time I find myself in familiar settings with familiar faces, and as a result, It is my belief that when we dream we go to alternate realities.

I’m heavily into astral projection, have been for years so I’m thinking am I just naturally projecting after years of purposefully doing it? I don’t experience the normal effects of the projection such as the whooshing sounds and the like- it’s just like I wake up there.
Have you heard of Phasing? Basically it is shifting/phasing your consciousness from the physical reality and towards the non-physical, minus the normal effects, such as the whooshing sounds. Apparently we all have OBEs when we dream, but most of us are not aware.

Here's an interesting site, with a free, very interesting e-book on phasing.
Unlimited Boundaries

I agree! A continuation, basically starting out where you left before or having the same 'story line' (if you will) continue!
And fantastic! Thanks so much for that link!
I'll give it a read, I haven't heard of phasing before (and that surprises me! I thought I was pretty up to speed!)!

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

I have something similar going on:

Who else seems to go to the same place every night in their dreams?
by this_is_who_we_are
started on 4/8/2010 @ 07:05 PM

Oh wow! I skimmed the thread and it's definitely very interesting! How have you progressed since the initial thread? Have you come to any solid conclusions? Did you keep a dream journal? I think I might start doing that! I could probably write a very interesting novel (well, to me at least
)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Many people have recurring dreams, try learning dream control if you haven't yet, many people wish to have so many recurring dreams and vivid too, you have a gift look at it as one.

That said I lived a double life for a few years at one point.
Mine was a bit different than yours in that the dreams had 100% continuity and as I went to sleep in the dream I would wake up in real life, and as I went to sleep in real life I would wake up in the dream. Also my dream did not have any "abnormal elements" that is anything that could not be done realistically in real life could not be done in the dream. Such as flying. This became so intense that I actually forgot which was the real life and which was the dream, I had no idea and just lived both of them as if they were real, to me they were.

To this day I sometimes wonder, if I have just stopped waking up in real life and this is the dream.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Could it be you all are having past-life memories?

Or, also, I have read that we all are living another life in a parallel universe at the same time we are here. Maybe you are going there in your "dreams".

Interesting!

By the way, I have a thread you can try out to see if this is a past-life memory:

edit on 8/27/2013 by sled735 because: add link

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
the place is real. our minds try to hide the truth by distorting our memories of dreams

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I've had these sort of experiences as well, although the subject matter of my dreams differs. I've always chalked it up to my subconscious mind, though. I can't prove one way or another what the truth of the matter is; all I know is I've experienced the same thing, whatever the cause or meaning.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Hey there! Thanks for posting that the other day! On the weekend I actually saw your thread and did listen to that guy speak and really attempted to have that experience!

I found it worked really well! Well, wether or not it was my imagination - who knows. But I do recall during the talk he mentioned that whatever you are thinking- go with it because if that's what is naturally coming to you then that's what is coming to you etc. you've listened to it so I'm sure you know what I'm talking about!

Great thread btw- I really enjoyed it! Thanks! : )

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

In saying that- what I experienced was 1000 x different to the dreams I am having. In my 'last' life (so to speak) I was a young girl living in the 60's/70's. The stuff that came flooding back (or imagination who knows... I'd like to think it was a real experience) really moved me and kind of explains a lot about myself today. But who knows!

What I got from that experience, as well as the birthing one lo, was that my life has been turbulent (previous lives....) and some has carried on to this life. Maybe it's my spirit, maybe it's nothing. Again, it's all up for speculation and I love experiencing the unknown!

Bring it on!

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
From the OP: "It’s as if I am living a double life- living in another world when I drift off to sleep"

I am SOOO glad you made this thread.

For the past few years, I have been dreaming every night as well, with most of my dreams being SO INTENSE. Often times MORE intense than this physical reality I occupy in my waking hours.

I am not sure what is going on.....it feels like my mind is connected to this magnetic field that all humans are connected to....like a giant web....and during night (sleep or wake) I tap into it. While dreaming, I become submerged in it, and it is like I'm in this reality that is loosely based on the physical world, but astral or something.

It is weird, because as this goes on more and more, I see this dreamscape as just as real as the physical world. In some aspects, MORE real than the physical world.

Also, I too have some places that I go to, that I've been to SEVERAL times. It isn't just the place itself...it is the feelings/emotions I have in these places, they are the same.

Glad Im not the only one!

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I enjoy reading about these - especially when they're well-articulated. I have had many similar experiences as ones mentioned here. I've talked about them in other threads here so I'll be brief.

I visit a town called "Pnell" which is pronounced "Thnell", though some of the people there pronounce it "Puh-nell". It has that "familiar" feeling you describe; I'm not sure I've heard the words "welcome back", but I am received warmly by people who seem to recognize me. The place doesn't exist (not in this reality, anyway) because the actual town of Casa Grande, AZ is in its location.

There is usually some kind of 'street fair' going on when I visit, and there are people from all over the world exchanging souvenirs or food from their cultures. This is an element that adds to one of my theories: that when we dream, either we 'travel out of body' or - our consciousnesses receive input from external sources some other way. I liken it to internet chatrooms/forums/virtual hangouts - we can share dreams with other dreamers, but for some reason our minds want us to think it's all real, so we've all agreed upon a certain set of 'rules'. That may be why, even when we become 'lucid' (and realize we're dreaming) we still can't quite do just ANYTHING we want to. At least that's how it seems for me.

reply to post by kudegras

Kudegras: I've experienced both of what you've described many times. I actually wrote about the house dream in my dream journal very recently (check the link in my sig if interested).

Power/telephone lines: I experience difficulty with them too while flying. In these particular dreams, it takes a lot of concentration to stay in the air, and I am often in an awkward position. This is sometimes accompanied by the feeling that I don't HAVE to stay in that silly position, but that if I relax, I may become so distracted that I'll fall. Also, it's easier to ascend than to descend for some reason, so as I encounter the wires, I can easily go over them, but that puts me higher into the sky, which is scarier. Attempting to go UNDER the wires is met with difficulty, and often ends up with me tangled in them.

I do recommend keeping a dream journal. I don't dream every night, or at least I don't remember them. Any outstanding ones get entered into the journal. Some are kept private, but the amusing or more interesting ones get published in the link in my signature. Feel free to have a look if you're so inclined. (You may want to skip the most recent entry though, it's just for fun.)
edit on 8/29/2013 by Teratoma because: Reasons.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I don't remember most of my dreams, but I have had a few recurring ones. One, in particular, involved me running through my house (which I hadn't been to in about 6 months), then through the briar patch at the back and being attacked by creatures. (In the last version I was chasing my nonexistent daughter and the creatures killed her.)
I managed to get away and scrounge up a bone with runes and early Native American drawings on it, then went to the top of this hill and somehow used it to raise a giant buffalo. It would start to rise out of the moss, look at me as if it was waiting, then go back down. In the last version, it rose entirely. When it looked at me, I managed to choke out "I don't know what to say!" and at that point I woke and haven't had the dream again.
I think I was chosen for something but deemed unfit and/or unready. I keep hoping- begging- that I'll have it again, and perhaps I'll know what to say. The thing I don't understand is the daughter. I've never had kids, but I knew she was my child. Maybe to learn what I need it will require sacrifice.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Hello, All--very long-time lurker, first time poster here. I have had several recurring dreams throughout my life strongly tied to location. One is about a house that has a terrible, evil history on it's upper floor--a floor that I avoid going up to at all costs. This house looks slightly different every time, but it has same exact feel, and I always know in the dream when I'm in "that" house again. I hate those dreams. Whatever happened in that house was horrible, and there is some really bad residue remaining. I also have periodic dreams of being trapped in a large, industrial-type building and desperately trying to escape down the back stairwells--again, the same building over and over. But I've also had really beautiful dreams of being in a city on a planet with three moons. This is where I'm the happiest, where I feel like I'm finally home, I have had these same three dreams since childhood. I'm not sure what to make of any of it, but it's interesting. They seem to come at random; I haven't been able to find a pattern of circumstances that precipitates any of them.

I haven't deliberately tried leaving my body, but I do it periodically in my sleep. I think these "dream" places are real locations, but it's always been a mystery to me why I'm there and why I seem to be doing the same things over and over when I arrive.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join