Who else seems to go to the same place every night in their dreams?

page: 2
16
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellie Sagan
 


Thank you Ellie. I feel as you do, i.e., 'thank goodness there's a place to share this and where people understand and don't write it off as 'typical nonsense dreams'

It *is* strengthening, isn't it ? So good to know others are around who've experienced the same sort of thing. Confirms your own experience/s

I haven't seen this sort of discussion anywhere else, nor have I read about this phenomena anywhere. Yet judging by the responses in this thread already, it's clearly not all that uncommon




posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
And when I'm in the dream I'm not lucid. It's only upon awakening that I realize I've gone to "that place" again. And when I'm going to bed I always hope I get to go back there again that night, to explore and try to figure out where I am. Andevery dream I remember is from that place. I don't seem to remember any other dreams. But in the dream I don't remember my waking life, so...

Must to practice lucid draming techniques.

[edit on 4/8/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]



posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are
 


it does seem odd that you go there so often. I go to my former home very very often in my dreams, but I always assumed it was some life issue or something I had to deal with. I don't know anything about why we dream to tell you the truth, and I don't really buy the theory that it's all about some physiological response. there are too many people who dream of meaningful things for it to be just our brain processing our day's events or whatever. I swear at one time, when i must have been only about 4 or 5, I dreamed I was walking on the wing or fuselage of a spaceship in bright (sun?)light. *shrug* I have no idea.



posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are
 


I think I know what you mean to a degree. I long to go to sleep to visit my dream land. I have always felt that, at least in some cases, there are actual places I visit when I'm asleep and I really want to go there again. Sometimes I do. It's weird to experience that. I haven't experienced it to the degree that you have/do though. I look forward to hearing about your future experiences there.



posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ellie Sagan
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are
 


I think I know what you mean to a degree. I long to go to sleep to visit my dream land. I have always felt that, at least in some cases, there are actual places I visit when I'm asleep and I really want to go there again. Sometimes I do. It's weird to experience that. I haven't experienced it to the degree that you have/do though. I look forward to hearing about your future experiences there.


And here's a non "the place" dream I had about three days ago:

I dreamt I was in a building looking out over a city landscape. The building I was in started to tilt and as I looked out of the window I could feel the sensation of great speed as if the earth's axis rotation were shifting. As the building began to topple towards the ground, I could see an immense tidal wave about to crash over the entire area. At this point I woke up. Freaky. And vivid.



posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx

Just discussing this reminds me that I had a dream of the lake/sea. When I go there the waves are always blowing, and there is always a few large ships. There is also a small dock, and a walking trail around it.

Maybe there is something like this for you too?


i have a similar location as this one...

i actually have two places by the sea or at least big enough body of water to see landless horizon....and ships at one.

there is another place that is more small-town-by-the-sea feeling....with a long wooden walkway and touristy shops by the water and sandy/grassy trails to walk down from the road.

*sigh*

i relish going to sleep to go on these mini-vacations.

and i do often see the same people...though never repeating the same exact dreams. just recurring locations.

i also have a mall that i frequent...i wonder if it is the same mall as others have visited.

fun times...

wonder if there is some kind of way we could find out if we meet eachother in our dreams...



posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
FYI, just for fun...
They've remade "A Nightmare On Elm Street". Hope they didn't ruin it. It comes out April 30th.

www.nightmareonelmstreet.com...



posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
People keep mentioning malls... i too have a mall I frequent. It usually has empty stores, but they are never the same ones. It seems like it is the same mall but I visit at different times, so it is always changing. It looks nothing like any mall I have visited in my waking life.



posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are
 


I loved that movie! Since I was a child I have loved my dream world, so that movie really resounded with me.



posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
i would like to help you be more lucid.

sleeping with moldavite, of course, helps.

withouth moldavite there are things you can do in your waking state also.

1. throughout your day, several times a day, you should "check-in" to see if you are dreaming or if you are awake. this can be something, such as, pinching yourself, touching the wall, feeling the chair you are sitting on, but do it consciously and realize that you are awake. if you do this enough to make habit of it -- you will do it in your dreams, but when you do it in your dreams you will realize that you are dreaming. (i have not used this technique personally, but this was recommended to me by my friend, and this method has worked for her)

2. as you are lying in your bed, say to yourself "I AM awake" and repeat that. as you get more and more sleepy, you will bring that "I AM" state into your dreams -- and if u do, you will realize that "I AM dreaming!" (this is the technique i used and in the beginning this is what helped me realize the lucidity)



posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ellie Sagan
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are
 


I loved that movie! Since I was a child I have loved my dream world, so that movie really resounded with me.

I've always liked films that show reality as being not quite what we think it is:

Twelwe Monkeys
Fight Club
Vanilla Sky
etc...

Tech support!!!!



posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are
 


I think that is because reality is not what we think it is, and more and more I'm realizing that the "real world" really is the fake thing. to add you to your list, all of which I also like, especially 12 monkeys, the Matrix of course and also "the 13th floor" an obscure movie about a computer simulation creating a simulation....
I really do believe there is soooo much more to this life than we know or can even imagine

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Ellie Sagan]



posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ellie Sagan
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are
 


I think that is because reality is not what we think it is, and more and more I'm realizing that the "real world" really is the fake thing. to add you to your list, all of which I also like, especially 12 monkeys, the Matrix of course and also "the 13th floor" an obscure movie about a computer simulation creating a simulation....
I really do believe there is soooo much more to this life than we know or can even imagine

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Ellie Sagan]


Are you familiar with "The Simulation Argument"?
www.simulation-argument.com...

ABSTRACT. This paper argues that at least one of the following propositions is true: (1) the human species is very likely to go extinct before reaching a “posthuman” stage; (2) any posthuman civilization is extremely unlikely to run a significant number of simulations of their evolutionary history (or variations thereof); (3) we are almost certainly living in a computer simulation. It follows that the belief that there is a significant chance that we will one day become posthumans who run ancestor-simulations is false, unless we are currently living in a simulation. A number of other consequences of this result are also discussed.

www.simulation-argument.com...

[edit on 4/8/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]



posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hi all - here's a link to dream where i mention returning to that familiar town i was talking about. Again as i say i've been there a few times but in this dream i found a new house and I also found a stone circle.






posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
wow!

i honestly have not read past the first post... yet.

but i had to reply now. lol

This dumbfounds me.

I have been experiencing the same thing, just about every single night.
For the past year. (about)

before that it never really happened...

but now... I cant seem to dream of much else.

it is actually starting to bother me...

during the day i will be doing something,
and it will trigger something from the "place i go when i dream".
like both 'worlds' are starting to mesh or something... i dont know.

I have been talking to many people in my personal life about this,
and the only one who says they experience something similar is my Mother, but hers is not every night.

OP, Im not really one for starting up private convos with forum members,
( though there are many here i would love to personally know).

but I would love to talk with you sometime about this.

I have read somewhat similar accounts , while searching for my own questions...

but your post really is soo very close to my dreams
it is kinda..... weird...
but exciting. lol

Thanks soo much for the thread,
I will go back and read the rest now.

anyone else experiencing this, so 'strongly?'
i would also like to converse with you.




posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
wow!

i honestly have not read past the first post... yet.

but i had to reply now. lol

This dumbfounds me.

I have been experiencing the same thing, just about every single night.
For the past year. (about)

before that it never really happened...

but now... I cant seem to dream of much else.

it is actually starting to bother me...

during the day i will be doing something,
and it will trigger something from the "place i go when i dream".
like both 'worlds' are starting to mesh or something... i dont know.

I have been talking to many people in my personal life about this,
and the only one who says they experience something similar is my Mother, but hers is not every night.

OP, Im not really one for starting up private convos with forum members,
( though there are many here i would love to personally know).

but I would love to talk with you sometime about this.

I have read somewhat similar accounts , while searching for my own questions...

but your post really is soo very close to my dreams
it is kinda..... weird...
but exciting. lol

Thanks soo much for the thread,
I will go back and read the rest now.

anyone else experiencing this, so 'strongly?'
i would also like to converse with you.




posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
cool, thanks bro.

yeah, freaky... to put it lightly... lol


k, ..finished it.
dont know what to say.... lol

Ive also been reluctant to post these 'happenings'...
but I think I will take some time tonight and describe
'the world' in a document then post it here.

For the moment...
id like to mention a couple things...

Someone asked...
"I wonder if there is a way for people to meet in their dreams"...

well, there is, apparently.

they are called "dreaming parties"...

The idea was introduced to me by a friend who I told about these dreams,
about 6-7 months ago...

It comes from Carlos Castaneda~

and my friend gave me a book called " Being in Dreaming".. by Florinda Donner
that talks allot about this.

the book is now one of my favorites, and has opened my eyes to things i never before imagined. .... and it really has helped.... some. lol

but it is fascinating....
if you cant afford the book, or cant find it,
I have it in paper, and in PDF,
so I will be glad to share the PDF with anyone whod like it.

Thanks again, Ill be back later tonight or tomorrow with tales from 'my world'. ...
i just have to coherently get them down, and easy to read. lol



posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I'm in what i would consider the sunniest spot near the ocean! I'm very happy to be here almost every night. There's lots of sand, beautiful giant baby pink flowers all around...lots of people who know me there- i really dont know them! They are happy i am there.
Some one is moving out of this huge beautiful house, and i am delighted that i will get that house!!!

Each time i have the dream its brighter and with more detail.. I dream about this almost nightly!



posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose
 


Good deal. I live in a college town so I'm sure to find it. I can't help but say that when you wrote it's a Carlos Castaneda book I heard the other shoe drop somewhere, but hey... it might shed some light on this. Thanks!



posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose
 


I think we are being shown where we are going.....





top topics
 
16
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join