It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who else seems to go to the same place every night in their dreams?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Had to go and 'look busy' for a while, all the time wanting to return to this thread. Grabbing the opportunity now and have speed read all the posts since I had to leave

Common themes:

* malls

* 'ordinary'/pleasant locations

* certain atmosphere which you savour in the days, months, years since the last 'locations specific' dreams ?

* feeling akin to longing and homesickness for the specific locations and atmosphere characteristic of these location-specific dreams

* 'people' encountered in some of the location-specific dreams

* the atmosphere or 'feeling' so characteristic of these location-specific dreams (?) I know that's a big part of the phenomenon for me

* the location-specific dreams do not fade anywhere near as fast as do 'ordinary' dreams -- in some cases can still be remembered a decade or more later and are more akin to memorable real-life events than dreams

please add more if relevant

.edit to tidy up bold and italic mistakes

Second edit: I overworked 'atmosphere' I see. Apologies
But my homesickness is primarily for the 'feeling' attached to these location-specific dreams. Although when I'm in the dream, I don't think I'm particularly aware of that atmosphere/feeling. It comes later, at random times and makes me 'miss' the dream-places. Feels much the same as ordinary homesickness, except has the disadvantage of your knowing that you can't just hop on a plane and return to the place you're homesick for

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Dock9]

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Dock9]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim2AttainMindfulness

Hi

what is 'moldavite' please ?

I've never heard of it. Is it a vitamin ? or other consumable substance ?

thank you

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
i had a reoccuring dream of people in blue jumpsuits, filing along in long lines, quiet, no talking, no smiling, all very robotic looking. it was on the moon. all quite depressing and slave like. it got so repetitive, i prayed to have the dream changed. it was the first time i have ever had the same series of dreams, every night for weeks.

next i started having a dream about piloting a space craft that had no windows. i just sorta knew what was outside of it. i remember the interior of it was quite odd, i had never seen anything quite like it before and the controls were foreign yet familiar at the same time. i was being trained to use it more efficiently. i prayed for that dream to end as well because it was irritating not having more data about why i knew how to fly it, and trying to respond to a trainer, who i could not see, nor correctly respond to since i didn't know the circumstances or the tech, yet i did. lol. sheesh.

then i had the sword dreams, as i call them. every night, battles with swords, clashing and banging and depressing. i prayed for that ream to end after just a few reoccurences. lol

then i had the puzzle dreams. i'd be given a series of puzzles to unravel, every night. they always seemed to have some kind of ulterior meaning attached to them, as if they were designed specifically to get information out of my head without me being aware of it, even though i realized this in both the dream and upon waking from the dream. these dreams were alot more elaborate, and although repetitive in the sense of puzzle solving, i was never given the same puzzle to solve twice, and the settings the puzzle events occured in would change as well, as if they were part of the discovery process. prayed for it to stop because it was getting increasingly more difficult to solve the puzzles which was starting to stress me out.

finally, i had a recent series of dreams where i was engaged in a using power of some kind, like super powers. comic book character type of stuff. it was totally frustrating because 1) i didn't want to use these particular powers and 2) i was lucid enough to realize it was a dream sequence but not capable of modifying the events. that was frustrating as heck. these culminated in a very disturbing dream that i'd rather not repeat on here. since then i haven't had any repeating dreams, but that doesn't mean much as it has only been a couple days lol

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
reply to post by Aim2AttainMindfulness

Hi

what is 'moldavite' please ?

I've never heard of it. Is it a vitamin ? or other consumable substance ?

thank you

You can find out more about moldavite at these links:

A poster at this ATS forum suggests placing it under your pillow at bedtime as it supposedly aids in vivid dreaming. (Disclamer: I can neither confirm nor deny the validity of the posters claims.)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is the Wikipedia link:
en.wikipedia.org...

"Moldavite (Czech: Vltavín) is an olive-green or dull greenish vitreous substance possibly formed by a meteorite impact. It is one kind of tektite. It was named[citation needed] by A. Dufrnoy for the town of Moldauthein (Czech: Týn nad Vltavou) in Bohemia (the Czech Republic), where it occurs. It is sometimes cut and polished as an ornamental stone under the name of pseudo-chrysolite" - Wikipedia

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9e27a8524fd9.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 4/8/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

[edit on 4/8/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
This reminds me of a lot of the work by HP Lovecraft that i have read.
Interesting ideas, but i don't know that i beleive they are anything more.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Ahhhh --- dream sequence

Apart from the specific-locations dreams (different dream type) the most intriguing dream-sequence I've experienced was the 'lizard dreams', which I've posted several times on ATS

The sequence commenced with a photo imprinted on the screen of my mind when I woke up, one ordinary day. The photo was pretty much identical to the old Polaroid Instamatic type, with the white border all around. It was of a lizard, sitting on a low garden wall which existed, out there in the yard. I could see the lizard very clearly, noted the creamy colour of its neck, its big shiny scales, etc.

But although it was a photo, the lizard was alive in that photo, as could be seen by subtle movement of its eyes

I forgot all about it as the day went on. Then, in the afternoon, a visitor called. We were chatting normally and I went to make coffee, still chatting away. Then, behind the visitor, I caught a glimpse of a lizard on the garden wall. It was pretty big, about one and half to two feet from snout ot end of tail.

We'd lived there for several years. Never had lizards before. Built-up area with all yards fully fenced to a height of 5 or 6 feet, front and back. Most people had a pet. We had a dog

At the sight of my face when I saw the lizard, my visitor turned around and saw it too. Immediately, I said we'd have to capture it and get it to safety before the dog got it. The visitor (male) wasn't too keen on going near it. In the end, we phoned the wildlife reserve a few miles away and they sent a ranger around to catch it. But he couldn't. So he said if I saw it again, to get it into a large box and take it up to the reserve if I could

Wasn't until he left that I remembered the lizard-dream. Coincidence, I said. The 'photo' lizard and the real lizard were identical really, even the way they were up on the garden wall. Only difference was -- they were mirror image, i.e., the 'photo' lizard had been facing west, whereas the real lizard faced east

Well, with my son's help, we did coax that big lizard into a box and took it to the wildlife reserve. And I thought that was that.

Then the sequence kicked off. Over a period of several weeks, I had numerous lizard dreams. And usually within a day or two, we'd see the dream-lizard, but in real life. After the first time, and because I'd had precognitive dreams before, I knew it was important to tell others about the details of the dream before it happened in real life. Otherwise people think you're making it all up. And I feel that it's good for people to see for themselves that precognitive dreams happen. So I tell them. Mostly, they don't want you to tell them, I've found

So, lots of lizard dreams, followed by the appearance of the lizard in reality. Catch lizards. Take them up to the fauna reserve. We got to know the rangers quite well after a few lizard-saving trips.

Then the penultimate lizard-dream. Bad one. In the dream, I passed between the garage and the house, and there on a tree trunk (which actually did exist at that spot in real life) were two 'adolescent lizards'. One of them was fine. The other only had half a body, i.e., it was just half a lizard. It had a head and chest and front legs and half a trunk, but there it ended. No lower trunk or back legs or tail. And you could see where it was cut in half .. could see bloody insides of the lizard. However, it didn't see to be in pain and every now and then it's tongue came out and it moved a bit along the trunk of the tree

Told my family and others whom I saw regularly about it. They said 'Yuk' and asked me not to tell them any more of my dreams, because this was 'sick'

Week went by and no cut in half lizard. Good. I didn't want it to come true. I hated having to go between the garage and the house in case I saw half a lizard

Then, ten days after the dream and just when I thought it wasn't going to happen and that it was safe to relax -- it happened.

I wasn't there and didn't influence it. I came home from shopping after dark and called to the children to please come and help me carry everything inside. They did and for a while I didn't notice anything. Then, once we were inside and I was organizing the pantry, I asked the chidlren what was wrong, because they weren't the same as usual

They said 'nothing'

Five minutes later, I asked again. Because something was wrong. They insisted it was 'nothing'

Finally I demanded to know what was wrong. And only then would they tell me. They'd been sunbaking near the pool, they said, when our dog began barking. They asked him to stop several times but he wouldn't . And he was fussing around in the gardenias. Usually he was an obedient little dog, so this was out of character. Finally the kids got up to investigate. And they found the lower half of a lizard.

For some reason they decided without much discussion that I shouldn't learn of it. So, it seems pretty clear that they did not want to confirm the cut in half lizard dream. And even though they have the weakest stomachs in the world, they scooped up the half lizard on a spade and put it in the rubbish bin. In other words, they tried to hide it. So that's the extent to which they were prepared to go, rather than have it acknowledged that another precognitive dream had come true. This surprised me and from it and the reactions of others, I've been forced to the conclusion that maybe people generally would rather precognitive dreams did not exist. I think they're scared of precognition, of the implications

So anyway, they told me all this, looking embarrassed and upset (for the lizard). And this is why they'd been so quiet earlier. They added that they'd looked for the front half of the lizard, but hadn't been able to find it

I told them the lizard would have gone straight to heaven and wouldn't be in pain any more ... added that it was probably all so quick that it would have died almost immediately. They weren't convinced

Should add that during all this, I'd completely forgotten about my dream of the cut in half lizard. My conclusions re: people's reactions to confirmed-precognition only came to me later on

Now that I knew what was wrong with the kids and having done my best to comfort them, I continued racing around, putting the groceries away, starting the evening meal etc. And then I went outside to collect or hang up the washing. Can't remember which. Doesn't matter. But it was at that point that a little movement caught my eye. I looked down and simultaneously saw a line of ants and the front half of a lizard

Feeling instant pity for the poor thing and desperate to save it from the ants, I ran to get a container and then gathered handsful of nearby plants. The lizard was clearly still alive. It was next to a ventilation pipe that ran from the ground up through the roof.

I coaxed it into a container. Then I put the plants under water and arranged them around and half over the lizard, so that it would have something to drink and in the hope it might make the ants go away

The insides of the lizard were visible, red and angry. But not dripping blood as you might imagine. And it was able to move around and its tongue licked in and out, so it was still fairly alert

I'd read that a scientist engaged in the study of regeneration of limbs etc. in frogs -- had produced a one ohm battery for the purpose. Apparently certain frogs are able to reverse their polarity and this enables them to regrow severed limbs. The one ohm battery apparently asisted with this. Didn't know what a one ohm battery even looked like. All I had were ordinary household batteries in various appliances. But I grabbed some batteries out of a portable stereo and stuck them under the container holding the lizard in the hope a weak power might leak from them and through the container, to help the lizard. Then I 'willed' it to live for a few minutes.

When I went back inside the hosue, I reconsidered and wondered if the lizard might be better off if it died, as it would be difficult to regenerate two severed limbs, plus a severed half-body and tail.

Next morning when I looked, the lizard was dead

There was only one lizard left to come, and that was the second adolescent lizard I'd seen in my dream, near the one which had died

I was 'over' the whole lizard dream thing by then. The cut in half one, plus the circumstances, had pretty much finished us all off. We didn't want any more of it. But it wasn't up to us of course. And within a few days, the second adolescent lizard appeared and we took it up to the fauna reserve. By then, we'd told them the story of why we were taking lizards up there so often. They couldn't understand how these lizards were turning up in such a long-established area. There had been several different kinds of lizards, most of them quite large. No explanation

Then that was it. No more lizard dreams and no more lizards

The cut in half lizard, I later discovered, had been within inches (two or three inches, I measured it ) or mirror-mage of it's dream forerunner on the trunk of the tree. In other words, if I'd put a string-line between the spot on the tree and the pipe where the real cut in half lizard was when I found it, the two positions were almost exactly opposite, with only the house between them. The dream lizard faced east. The real life cut in half lizard was facing west when I spotted it

What can it mean ? There were over seven dream lizards who later manifested in the form of identical real lizards. And I told several people each time between the dream and the reality. In most instances, those people were witness to the appearance of the real-life lizards

Thank you, lizards ... it was instructional

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Between posting that last, and now -- I've been running around

Some blood must have found its way to my brain, because it suddenly dawned on me, a few minutes ago, that there may be another explanation as to why many people are afraid (and even quite resentful of) precognition

cause and effect ! .. ?

From the children's point of view, it might have seemed that the dreams were causing things to happen. Which would understandably make them angry and resentful

For example: ' If she hadn't had the dream about the cut in half lizard --- none of this would ever have happened and the poor lizard would still be alive '

Forgot to add in the other post that the children had locked the dog in the laundry, after they found the lower half of the lizard, 'to punish him'. But they loved that dog (so did I ! ) and if he was unhappy, so were they

So again, their thinking might have been along the lines of: ' If she hadn't had the dream, the poor lizard would never have existed and the dog wouldn't have needed to be put in the laundry and made sad '

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Thank you

Didn't see your post until just now

Nice looking 'rock', isn't it ?

When I have the chance, I'll see if there's any available at the rock-shop

Actually, it's not as way-out as it might sound, based on limited personal experience, because during the time we lived at the house where I had the lizard dreams (but not connected with those dreams) I picked up a rock whilst walking on a nearby beach. Picked it up because of its rounded shape, really

At first glance, it looked simply greyish, but nice to hold

One of the children gave it a pet-name and must have been playing with it in my bed, because when I made the bed the next day (after a bout of very vivid dreams) I found it under the sheet below my pillow

The dreams I'd had were extraordinary. Wondered why. Then wondered if the beach-rock was the cause. Told myself, 'no' and put the rock on the window-sill

Then, a while later, decided to test the theory. Placed the rock under my pillow deliberately. Wild dreams again. After that, I put the rock in a box with other stuff

Several years later had occasion to look at the rock more closely after seeing it glint brilliantly in sunshine. The closer inspection showed that it is studded all over the surface (maybe all the way through, don't know) with tiny crystal-like things. But it's quite smooth to the touch, so it must have spent a lot of time being rolled around in water, I guess

Lacking Moldovite, I might dig that old beach rock out and stick it under my pillow to see if in fact, it actually has any effect

I realise that suggestion may skew the experiment. Unavoidable. But I'll be honest with myself about it. After all, the other times might just have been coincidence

Thanks again for the info

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Interesting thread. The recurring geography or setting and also memory of past dreams while dreaming are constants in my experience. I am interested in what you describe as "floating" is there a special physical sensation in the dream related to this floating? Is it something you do by your own decision or it just happens?

I also had the same kind of disaster dream, like your crumbing building and tidal wave, and also i felt what you describe as "great speed" or in some occasion the feeling is more as if the space around me is "bending".

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Something is up man, because everything you described is my dreams. Same world every night. Apocalyptic. I can sorta float and I want everyone to see because it's like whoa!

You and I aren't alone, I don't think this place is a dream.

I think it's a real place.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRoboZ
Interesting thread. The recurring geography or setting and also memory of past dreams while dreaming are constants in my experience. I am interested in what you describe as "floating" is there a special physical sensation in the dream related to this floating? Is it something you do by your own decision or it just happens?

I also had the same kind of disaster dream, like your crumbing building and tidal wave, and also i felt what you describe as "great speed" or in some occasion the feeling is more as if the space around me is "bending".

I don't have a memory of past dreams while dreaming. I think the physical sensation in the dream when I'm floating is that of contracing my muscles, mostly my core muscles in the abdomen, while leaning slightly forward and then I just seem to "lift off". I level off just a couple feet from the ground, still in a vertical standing position, and still leaning slightly forward. I begin to float/glide forward while looking at the people around me. This, as I recall takes place outdoors on a sidewalk. The people aound me don't seem to notice or perhaps I just think they don't notice when in actuality they do, but they don't think it's unusual. Either way, they do not respond to my floating.

As for the other dream, the feeling is definatly a feeling of speed and inertia. Not a feeling of space bending around me.

[edit on 4/9/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Yes, that's it. Even if form me the contraction is also felt in my back. Then i must sustain it to keep gliding and it's quite tiring if i move for a long distance. usually I can float so my feet are just above people's had, then lean forward or lie back and fly "feet forward", not very fast but when it happens it's usually because there's something important and i must move faster than walking. I have this kind of dream since when i was a kid and the physical sensation is always very real. i was always interested in this and tried to find many times if other had the same kind of flying dream, but i never saw this mentioned anywhere. While reading the way you described your floating I had the feeling maybe it was the same.

You say you don't have memories of past dream s while dreaming, but if you can recognize the place every time it means you remember you have been there before or you just know this later when you wake up?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRoboZ

Yes, that's it. Even if form me the contraction is also felt in my back. Then i must sustain it to keep gliding and it's quite tiring if i move for a long distance. usually I can float so my feet are just above people's had, then lean forward or lie back and fly "feet forward", not very fast but when it happens it's usually because there's something important and i must move faster than walking. I have this kind of dream since when i was a kid and the physical sensation is always very real. i was always interested in this and tried to find many times if other had the same kind of flying dream, but i never saw this mentioned anywhere. While reading the way you described your floating I had the feeling maybe it was the same.

You say you don't have memories of past dreams while dreaming, but if you can recognize the place every time it means you remember you have been there before or you just know this later when you wake up?

I only recognize that it's the same place when I remember the dream after I wake up. It's like oh... I went to that place again. Damn it, why did I have to wake up! And now that you mention it it does seem like I have to keep my muscles contracted in order to stay aloft. I don't recall flying fet first though.

[edit on 4/9/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
not the same dream as the OP, but here's the accounts of the same dream i've had every night for almost a year.

i have had the same occurring dreams, i don't usually remember too much but i often wake my girlfriend up scaring the crap out of her.

one night just about 4th of july weekend last year i want to say. i apparently woke up and grabbed my girlfriend telling her "we need to get out of the house, they're giving us a 2 minute head start!"

"who?"

"the balloon-headed people. they're giving us 2 minutes to get out of the house. they are coming for our spines. we need to leave."

i then woke up to her getting dressed and ready to leave and her asking me "do you have any idea what you just said to me?"

this happened about 3:30am every night. i have had the same dreams every night since of these "balloon-headed" people coming to get us. it's really trippy. i can only recall one, maybe 2 of the dreams but they were both the same exact dream but with different outcomes.

how do i know i have these dreams every night? my girlfriend says every night she has to calm me down in my sleep because i scream in terror and talk about (what she thinks are aliens i'm dreaming of) "balloon heads".

no i don't think i've been abducted or any # like that but from the 2 dreams i can recall, when they get me all i see are these balloon heads and then one walks up and puts its hand over my face and then i feel a pain shoot through my spine.

i know i should not feel anything in my dreams but the 2 i can recall felt VERY real.

just sharing my reoccurring dream. thanks for listening

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
cant sleep, might as well type. lol
(mostly rambles)

thanks everyone for chiming in,
it really is a good feeling to know you're not the only one. lol

this is who we are: reply to post by Ahmose Good deal. I live in a college town so I'm sure to find it. I can't help but say that when you wrote it's a Carlos Castaneda book I heard the other shoe drop somewhere, but hey... it might shed some light on this. Thanks!

lol, no prob. i had never read anything in regards to Castaneda previously. ,
only had heard of him before, (but honestly thought it was an old story book character for the longest time)

the book is not by him, it is by a woman that knew him,
and they later married for a time. (pointless to mention, iknow)lol
but it is more just of her experiences and insight gained,
not really so much the 'teachings of don juan'.

some Castaneda stuff is 'crazy' though, fer sure. lol

ive tried to get into allot of his books since then,
and havent finished one yet.. so......
lol

dgtempe:reply to post by Ahmose I think we are being shown where we are going.....

really, it wouldnt surirpise me.
ive thought that often myself.
lol

i often sit and think about what this could mean,
(please bare with my "lunacy" for a minute)lol

my latest thought was that is is just another aspect of ourselves,
(experiencing another/parallel world/dimension)...
(even science says they "exist" now, remember the article posted on ATS the other day?) lol :p

I think,
that..
since i know that our consciousness/'true self' is separate from our bodies...
i feel that it really does not need to rest the way our physical bodies do,
so i think that some people (for who knows what reasons)
'tune' into other places, that really do exist outside of this reality/dimension...
when their "etheric" or 'astral' body is not in need of its physical connection.

i have soo many thoughts on this,
and really.. quite a bit to write.. lol

but i couldnt sleep
then couldnt help but stopping in
then i couldnt help but reply. lol
so here i am rambling like a lunatic...

and still havent shared the gist of my dream. lol

i did want to add though,
as i think i forgot, in my excitement of my first post..

That my dream is not the same dream, (as OP's, or anyone elses here)
but it is the same thing every night,

and everything you desribed OP,
the feelings, the thoughts, the experiences..
i swear, would be hard to discern from the messages ive been typing to a couple of friends trying to describe all this. ..

you would swear they were written by the same person, or two people that have been discussing this for a significant amount of time. lol
weird.

well,
time to hit the pillow and get back on either the boat, or the aircraft/plane/whatever it is..

ill type all that out when i "wake up" here.
or 'leave/go to sleep' there. lol

pleasant journeys, friends.
(i did go and add you 'dreamers' as my friends to)

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
One of my friends tells the greatest recaps of her dreams.

She visits the same town and house and has a whole city and social circle built into the dream which is the same but in different 'storylines' and come across as a genuine alternate reality/dimension type thing.

I have noticed in my own dreaming lately that while i am not in the same location for each dream, all my dreams have become increasing 'real'. The situations and scenarios are either very much 'every day' type events and SO real, or dramatic events which have SUCH a 'ring' of reality to them.

I've always been a heavy dreamer and the 'reality' of all my recent dreams is really starting to spin me out!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Reading these posts I feel like I'm a lunatic as well, how we could all be having such similar experiences it does sound like we got together and talked about it first!

God it feels good to know I'm not alone.

I wonder if any of us have run across each other in this dimension...

[edit on 9-4-2010 by muggl3z]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I seem to be a serial killer in my dreams as of late, Ive killed people on 4 different occasions this year

Strange as im a humble guy

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Shameless bump...
No dreams to report yet since I stay up nights and sleep during the day. Will report back.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
Shameless bump...
No dreams to report yet since I stay up nights and sleep during the day. Will report back.

Why? Do dreams only work at night? Hmm never really noticed

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join