It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Left NASA: A Curiosity of Spirit

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

Yea he is writing a book, so he is killing 2 birds with 1 stone... He is writing and obviously sharing part of that book with us for free as he goes back through part of his life. I thank him for sharing this with us, chill out give your huge EGO a rest, some of us are sick of your pathetic rants and it's people like you that make the OP say "Screw it"

[edit on 29-3-2010 by NotAgain]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Many here just don't seem to get the reason for people's skepticism regarding this drawn-out topic.

If someone has a point to make - particularly one dealing with such an enourmously important issue as this - their rationale for drawing it out over a series of posts, becomes more questionable.

I'm astounded that many here seem to applaude the OP for his 'writing style' - as if the entertainment factor here is of more consequence than the actual purported forthcoming revelation/disclosure.

Where has the importance of a critical mindset gone?

[edit on 29-3-2010 by mckyle]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
SERIOUSLY!

I'm glad some of you people are entertained with his writing, that's great! The fact remains this is ABOVETOPSECRET, not a creative writers forum! There happens to exist one of those on this site, why doesn't he go there to write his fiction? No matter how entertained you are, we will always be here to point out the holes in his story regardless of you telling us not to!

He can't be let off the hook simply because you like the story, I like it too, I would probably buy it at a bookstore if it were a novel, but that's not what this forum is for. If you want to read a nice story and have nobody poke holes in it go the the damned library.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by KyleOrtonArmy

But you nor I know what it's about yet, isn't he getting to that. He could drop the bombshell of all conspiracies at the end of the writing, who knows. I like the way he has decided to do it in installments, because it gives us time to give our opinions after each chapter.

If there is not Conspiracy at the end, no proof of Identity to site owners... then I sure this post will end up in the right place.

Until then people need to give the dude a break..

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Double post, it even put itself in quotes too. Maybe the forum has the Mars virus, everyone run for the hills, this is gonna be like war of the worlds, or cry hoax "Whatever rocks your boat"

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotAgain

Yea he is writing a book, so he is killing 2 birds with 1 stone... He is writing and obviously sharing part of that book with us for free as he goes back through part of his life. I thank him for sharing this with us, chill out give your huge EGO a rest, some of us are sick of your pathetic rants and it's people like you that make the OP say "Screw it"

I have a huge EGO because i see this thread from a different viewpoint than you? did you read my last post about sitting on the fence and waiting to see what happens? i am being level headed .. are you?

Or do we have a vested interest in said book/poster?

if he says SCREW It then great .. less crap to wade through on ATS

some of us are sick of the blind following these people create .. giving genuine whistle blowers pause for thought before coming here...

I see this thread has been moved into the grey area that is a good start.

like i have said in a previous post ...

I used to be a top secret hot-dog engineer... i know a source that tells me they will find a freshly cooked hot-dog on the moon in 2 months time .. i cant tell you who i am or who my source is as i fear this might put us in danger....i cannot give you Any facts , links , even circumstantial evidence but its all true i tell you!!!

I will get back to you in 24 hours with more information on the origin of the hot-dog when i can process my information further.

Wake up will you this guy is laughing at us as we tear each other up back and forth

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAgain

he had his 2 week break after he posted his claim two weeks ago in introductions i think now would be the perfect time for critical questions

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel

I used to be a top secret hot-dog engineer... i know a source that tells me they will find a freshly cooked hot-dog on the moon in 2 months time .. i cant tell you who i am or who my source is as i fear this might put us in danger....i cannot give you Any facts , links , even circumstantial evidence but its all true i tell you!!!

I will get back to you in 24 hours with more information on the origin of the hot-dog when i can process my information further.

Really????

Please tell me more!!

Do you want me to send you any money???

I am waiting here with bated breath for your next update!!

Let's see the skeptics debunk this!!!

Sound familiar???

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Well I do like this kind of ''building up excitement'' feeling that the OP has created, yet I will still have to agree with some of you people in the length of this topic... It's quite long

Still looking forward to see the rest of the thing!

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mckyle

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel

Really????

Please tell me more!!

Do you want me to send you any money???

I am waiting here with bated breath for your next update!!

Let's see the skeptics debunk this!!!

Sound familiar???

i would love to answer all your questions in due time but unfortunately this ground breaking evidence of hot-dog vending on the moon is taking up a lot of my time as it is so earth shattering. i feel i have to release this information slowly ( Yes i know i promised you your moon-dog 2 weeks ago)

of course i will not be answering any questions directly , but i will provide you with the first part of the book i am thinking of writing about this dangerous topic.

I hope this addresses any concerns you may have ..
and i look forward to heaping pages of nonsensical drivel on you within the next 24 hrs ( when i have written it)

regards..

Sarcastic_squirrel...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

You have a huge ego because you keep repeating the same old thing, HOAX, HOAX, HOAX. What's a Hoax? That he worked for NASA, how do you know. Just because he hasn't give any evidence YET to prove if he did indeed work for NASA, does not mean this is a HOAX?

There could be a chance he gets a kick of suckering people in with a false story, but I see no signs of that. I'm sure he knows full well that once he finishes his writing, Members/Mods will ask for proof of him working at NASA.

Just Saying because I want to hear the end of this brilliant piece of writing.

If it turns out to be a hoax, great good work have a gold frigging star.

Oh and I bet a zillion pounds/dollars that if he wrote this in one go, everyone would be like "I am not reading all of that, tell me what it's about first, it's all scientific talk nobody understands"

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

You have a huge ego because you keep repeating the same old thing, HOAX, HOAX, HOAX. What's a Hoax? That he worked for NASA, how do you know. Just because he hasn't give any evidence YET to prove if he did indeed work for NASA, does not mean this is a HOAX?

There could be a chance he gets a kick of suckering people in with a false story, but I see no signs of that. I'm sure he knows full well that once he finishes his writing, Members/Mods will ask for proof of him working at NASA.

Just Saying because I want to hear the end of this brilliant piece of writing.

If it turns out to be a hoax, great good work have a gold frigging star.

Oh and I bet a zillion pounds/dollars that if he wrote this is one go, everyone would be like "I am not reading all of that, tell me what it's about first, it's all scientific talk nobody understands"

again pls point out where i say HOAX HOAX HOAX .. i say twice it has the classic 'signs' of a hoax.

it may well be a brilliant and entertaining piece of writing .. thats what the short stories forum is for on ATS,

why could he not give us the important info ? and then take his time with fleshing the explanation out .. answer me that.. why?

Remember he claimed this 2 weeks ago in a separate post so you would have thought he would be prepared ...

I sorta understand where u are coming from .. innocent until proven guilty. but the guilty roam ATS like vultures over a corpse so sometimes you gotta be tough.

and Maybe by the end of his story he will have suckered two hundred people to his blog that will start selling the book ... should ATS allow people to run these marketing ploys with there members with no proof what so ever?

[edit:spelling]

[edit on 29/3/10 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mckyle

Originally posted by rich23
I guess Ha' la' tha is guilty of the heinous crime of demanding a reasonable level of proof. How dare he!

You clearly have no idea about a) the nature of the word "proof" and b) the nature of the word "reasonable". Both are surprisingly subjective, when you look into it. There's proof in a court of law, there's mathematical and logical proofs, which are simply about obeying given rules when manipulating symbols, and have no necessary correlation with reality... and this is neither of these.

"Reasonable"? Who says what's reasonable? You? By what right of fiat?

And I liked the story about Von Braun's SS logo on the back of his NASA pin. Not that I 100% believe it, but it's a cool and unusual idea.

Von Braun was as anti SS, as one could be during his employ with the Third Reich - and there is plenty of evidence to support that! The SS logo story is absolute codswallop!!!

Thanks for supplying links to this plethora of evidence.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by rich23]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The second part has been posted on AstroEngineer's blog, if you haven't seen it yet:

astroengineer.wordpress.com...

It would make sense that photos would be pre-processed and "dumbed-down" before getting sent back to Earth --- if there was something to hide or if we weren't yet prepared to deal with the *content* of the photos.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask[/i
Mr Mask you said

"[I can't...I am lying...I do not actually work for NASA. Ysee, if I did I would be able to prove it right here. In this post...with ease.

Any MORON could prove they work for NASA...if they actually did. more]"

Actually I asked you where YOU worked and to prove it not to lie about it.
Goes to credibility. You seem so intent on your efforts to smear that it makes me wonder who you work for and why? As you see you only sought to "obfuscate".

"If the poster is trying to prove that NASA and the military are hiding aliens from me...yes, it is then demanded.

I also demand proof about ghosts, dimensional light beings, star children and anything else some crack pot wants me to subscribe to."

No, there is no special requirement that entitles you or ATS to the OP's personal
information and to post details that might endanger himself or others. Again, one might wonder at the intent or agenda of someone seeking such information might be.

"Wrong again...whistle-blowers are expected to share their true identities with those they are sharing their information with.

There are laws to protect whistle-blowers and they are set to give honest/brave people an avenue to take towards sharing information.

Whistle-blowers are not nameless shadows with secret ATS accounts and no proof."

Actually, in a conspiracy forum on a website that may or may not be monitored by TPTB it is neither logical or warrented for a poster to identify themselves beyond he anonymous. There is simply no call for that and your desire for the OP to "out" himself is specious and suspect.

"Heeeeey! Since the poster has yet to prove a single claim in his weeks of posting here, why not add a few other things that might just "perhaps" actually be.

Like-

Perhaps HE is the alien and HE changed the rover's data just so he could steal secret NASA data for his space people.

Or...if you like better-

PERHAPS the rover is actually NOW a sentient robotic life-form, augmented by alien design and given super powers.

Or even-

This guy is full of BS...

I guess we all can play the game of "perhaps" as long as the OP dosn't play his last card in this long, long, loooooooooong game of "how many threads/pages does it take to prove you worked for NASA" while we all await the alien info."

Actually Mr Mask, I was only trying to provide a possible context not entertain your aliens theory. I hardly think that the OP is trying to portray ET as the originator of the FTL signals, that would be your contention, as you stated. In the OP's defense he pointed out in his thread that the comunication was to and from earth, not the mothership.

"In my travels, I find that most obtuse people tend to use the word "obtuse".

But that is neither here nor there."

Star and flag to the one who just used the word obtuse "twice" in one sentence. You should really try to get out more, staying behind that Mask, Mr., doesn't lead me to believe in your claims of outmanship.

But then, that's neither here nor there......is it.

"I hope you find a way to achieve a position in your own life where you can "know" when you are right or wrong when it comes to judging stories like these.

One of my biggest fears is of being absolutely powerless over what I "know" and do not "know" when it comes to simple matters."

I guess you need to explain to me what it is that you think you "know" about anything on this web site. I'll break it down for you, 1. All of the information on this site is web based and opinion based on research conducted primarily on the web. 2. Any research done and presented to this site is subject to interpretation and the subject of opinion. 3. Opinion and conjecture is not "fact" regardless of claim, therefore, will always be suspect. 4. Perception and perspective will always determine outcome from observation, not the other way around.

Yousir

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

You have a huge ego because you keep repeating the same old thing, HOAX, HOAX, HOAX.

Gee, the knives really start to come out when people's preferred realities start to be challenged.

Until the OP ponies up with some something a little more substantial in the way of evidence, I feel that Quantum-Squirrel and others have every right to be skeptical. I'm not sure where you accusation of "ego" comes into it.

Just because one is skeptical of an extraordinary claim that happens to be padded with copious quantities of drivel, doesn't make them arrogant or conceited.

Why the attacks?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Ahhhh right, the forum topic I see this in is "My Story" wasn't it in there before? Not the first time somebody put a post in the wrong place hey....

I'm sure if he is doing this for publicity then people will see that, not everyone is a stupid as people make out... This is the thing about ATS at the moment, everyone is on a mission to "Save" everyone else. It's like we can't even use our own minds no more.

E.G. Don't believe in this, Believe in that, Or ya Dooomed, Dooomed I tells they.... Meditate every night to white light and angels, Heal the planet with your mind and not with your hands or ya Doooomed Dooooomed.

You all complain about how the media Hypes things up and overreacts, take a look around ATS is just that these days. In fact sometimes I turn on the news to give my mind a break.

This place is becoming more and more of a cult, I am sick of people saying "This is the way, or This is this and that" I have a frigging brain, I went to school, I have experienced life, I have bought many books that were a heap of crap and I will probably buy more... It's not the end of the world.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mckyle

Sorry but I can see the OP walking due to the negative comments against him.

I was trying to even the battlefield, my bad

Well at least I'm honest

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

You clearly have no idea about a) the nature of the word "proof" and b) the nature of the word "reasonable".

Actually I do. I was very much a part of the judicial system for many years. So I think I understand my chosen terminology reasonably well.

And I liked the story about Von Braun's SS logo on the back of his NASA pin. Not that I 100% believe it, but it's a cool and unusual idea.

Von Braun was as anti SS, as one could be during his employ with the Third Reich - and there is plenty of evidence to support that! The SS logo story is absolute codswallop!!!

Thanks for supplying links to this plethora of evidence.

In the overall scheme of things, I didn't feel it was that imperative to provide sources for a fact that is widely known and accepted.
But, if you insist, here's one to start with:

Roop, Lee (2002-10-04). "Aide says von Braun wasn't able to stop slave horrors; Objection would have gotten rocket pioneer shot, Dannenberg says". The Huntsville Times.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

reply to post by mckyle

Sorry but I can see the OP walking due to the negative comments against him.

I was trying to even the battlefield, my bad

Well at least I'm honest

No No your not Bad, like you said you have a mind and that mind is entitled to its own opinion.

Your opinion is wait and see .. u never know..

he also eluded to this in another thread and the revelation will be faster than light communication. someone put a link up a few pages back...

My opinion is i have seen this hundreds of times before and without exception masses of people are disappointed .. WITHOUT exception over nearly three years... the only time this has been broken is when someone claims to be famous or already known in said circles .. some of these have proved true...

i want this to be true as much as the next guy/girl but i must base my decisions on my past life experiences in these situations.. and the track record is not good. so i will play the numbers game .. just as astro-engineer is doing

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join