It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Blacks embrace their opressors God

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5
reply to post by riley

Well why don't you just buckle up and enjoy the ride? I don't know where the thread is going neither. Iit is kinda funny. I do not believe the issue of colour in the ancient world was of any importance as the 800lb gorrila that no one wants to discuss is white supremacy. White supremacy only became a potent social force AFTER black slavery was sanctioned by de Las Casas and not prior to it.

en.wikipedia.org...

thankyou for posting this.. it's very intersting.

There are white supremacists and black supremacists. Personally I find the idea of (religious) racial supremacy very primitive and ignorant. We all came from africa anyway so what does it matter?

I live in australia.. aboriginals are better adapted to living here than I am. I'll freely admit that but if they had to live in an area of low sunliught like ireland they'd be likely to get a vitamin d deficiency or something. Skin colour changed for practical reasons not holy ones.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by riley

If they existed, and I stress If.

They were probably blue with copper or silver based blood.

I thought copper blood was vulcan..?

or they looked like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/233ff97d83e2.jpg[/atsimg]

Not homo sapiens. Not hominids. Not Mammals.

aha! Yes we should all respect our mighty reptillian overlords! Black or white it does not matter what colour the Anunnaki were; they were probably wearing disguises to cover up the scales anyway.

..just like the illuminati do!

Lets see.:
illuminati, illuminate, light, lucifer, satan, snake, reptile, reptillian! ..it's only logical.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by riley]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

Exactly!

Remember I stressed if, a very big if.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
lol.

Hey god don't look to bad...for a snake

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
I am a black African-American woman who identifies with the author. I left religion a few years ago. It seems insane, even sad to know that most blacks tend to embrace the 'white' Christ/God more than the white slave masters did themselves. I know that in the time of slavery, they used shackels, guns, and whips.....

Maybe blacks identify with their oppressors God for the same reason Europeans did.

Learn a little history. YHWH (or other translations of the term) is not a European God. It is a middle eastern God, and it isnt a "white" one, it is a "brown" one.

Europeans were infected with that meme when the Romans marched up and conquered varios places in Europe, slaughtering the pagans as they went. Prior to that, they were polytheists.

If you have a genuine interest in learning the origins of the religion you mistakenly attribute to Europeans, there is a good video you can watch that was done by NOVA. I will link it.

www.pbs.org...

Of course if you just want to make up your own version of history that supports an ideology you choose to accept, you are welcome to do that too. Dont let the facts stop you.

Edit to fix a messed up quote.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Well all my life I have had an affinity with snakes. I kept them since childhood which drove my poor mother nuts. I am not a reptilian, more of a bear.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by Tiger5]

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Exposing The Devil

I find it embarassing the way you are arguing on behalf of black people using facts picked out of thin air, some inaccurate book and your racist imagination.

Lets try and sum up some of the points that you and the OP have made between yourselves:

Europe was black, Asia was black, Jesus was black, Superman.........you guessed it, black. White people are really black people with a horrible skin disease, who are inferior and were banished to the caves by black people.
Black people invented the english language and caused the renaissance. White people are racist opressors. Black people should not be christian because white people are. Yada yada yada..........

Your views are not only ignorant and wrong but also incredibly racist. Everything you said in my mind has no meaning, because at least I can see past the colour of someones skin. And before you try and pull the race card, I myself am a black man. You are not achieving anything at all by insulting peoples races, you are just embarassing yourself and creating hostility towards black peope. That I dont like.
Is there not a mod in here who can make this racist dissapear please.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by tdogg1

Yes...Marduk...aka 'Ra'

Have you heard of these names: Ra, Horus, Isis.....

These are demi-gods....Anunnaki and Human descendants

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

LOL!!! you are trying to downplay some real true 'roots'

I never once spoke of any reptilians....

Anunnaki...ok...Anunnaki.....

Would you like to know what they look like?

Liek humans, excepts taller average height 8-14 ft...nubian skin, kinky hair and probably jet black iris and pupils...

ya know just like the look on the pyramids and Egyptian heiroglyphics

So your picture of a reptile is very very immature and ignorant'

LOL!!!! nice try tho

[edit on 11-3-2010 by ButterCookie]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Ohhhhh......

I like your lil article here about the ANUNNAKI

unhypnotize.com...

Check it out everybody...they are the super moderator on that site too

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

Hey, don't let the distractors get you off the track about ancient African history....showing pictures of snakes and lizards and making jokes...

That's their motive.....

ignore them...Back to the topic

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

How is it you're still trolling your own thread? Why is this even allowed to happen? The original topic was Black Christianity and Black Atheism, how black atheists get treated differently amongst the Christian community.

Why is it that you talk about leaving religion, which would mean being an Atheist, to trying to promote the anunaki.

If you want to speak about the anunaki like they were Gods, well I beg to differ.

1And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

4There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

5And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

There is your giants. If you say the bible is not true and is false, than you have nothingmore to back your claim.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Ohh my aching head.

So you have left your upbringing to look at the anunaki as a historical fact. So you have become an ancient historial of the ancient anunaki mythos?

OK but why are they now black? isn't the splendor of ancient egypt enough. I The ancient Egyptians diety are fascinating.

But how does it fit in to the modern dya issues that were spoken about.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

You know the thing is even if Jesus looked just like me it would make no real difference to me. I don't even know what he said or what he said that was left out of the bible and held in the apocrypha or even what was said that was left out because his disciples forgot to write down.

My best take on Jesus was the Last temptation of Christ (which was done by the mighty Martin Scorsese). I like this version because it told of an ordinary man that had a number of mystical experiences that he found alarming and baffling. That is what makes sense to me.

And

It makes more sense to me than any amateur archeologist like mr Sitchen.

Rgds

T

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Here's my favorite Atheist ...

Infidel Guy

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

reply to post by riley

LOL!!! you are trying to downplay some real true 'roots'

No I haven't. I have ancient ancestors that emmigrated out of africa. I think that is quite an admirable thing to accomplish given it would've meant crossing deserts or seas.

I never once spoke of any reptilians....

Anunnaki...ok...Anunnaki.....

Anunnaki? Thats very strange.. reading your OP you do not mention Anunnaki anywhere. Why did you post a topic about atheism, christianity and "slave masters" if you had no intention of even discussing it? You keep derailing your own thread underminding yourself. You are also coming of as a black supremacist. Answer me this.. do you believe white Jews are not really the chosen ones and black jews are the "true jews"?

Would you like to know what they look like?

Liek humans, excepts taller average height 8-14 ft...nubian skin, kinky hair and probably jet black iris and pupils...

Is their planet arid and hot like africa? It must be. Black skin and kinky hair is usually a trait evolved for coping with sun and heat. btw. Everyones pupils are black as it is a hole it wouldn't have colour.

Even I have black pupils so I guess there's hope for white lepers like me after all.

You seem to be implying that they are godlike.. and that that makes you godlike by extention. I think you need to get over yourself. Truly.

I have heared of Anunnaki being described as being of white light but I'm not trying to elevate myself by saying "I'm the same colour". Thats childish.. to me argueing that one race is above another is like saying red cars are superior to purple cars because they go faster.

"be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character"

ya know just like the look on the pyramids and Egyptian heiroglyphics

Yes I do. Some are depicted as golden brown (which egyptions are.. they are a very attractive race imo), some are depicted as jet black and some are depicted as white.

So your picture of a reptile is very very immature and ignorant'

LOL!!!! nice try tho

How is it ignorant? A Reptile is mentioned in genesis. You are using the OT as evidence of a nubian/black godlike race so fairs fair.

It seems you only want the bible to mean what YOU want it to. Big surprise there!

[edit on 11-3-2010 by riley]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Pryde87

I just wanted to say thanks for your calm and rational statement. I'll bet you have many friends of all races, because of your attitude.

I would be willing to bet that the OP, and the guy with all the videos probably don't have many, if any, friends of other races; how could they, they may not realize it, but the racisim and hate oozes out of them, visible for all to see.

I have been following this thread from the beginning and there have been a few times I have wanted to jump in, but didn't because I couldn't believe some of the things I have been reading.

Under the skin we are all human, and we all want basically the same things in life, family, friends, work, play, and the ability to live a peaceful life, and to worship or not, as we choose.

Nothing is guaranteed in life, though, and we all have a responsibility both individually and collectively to try to make things better going forward.

For the OP ButterCookie,

I am white, and over the years I have had plenty of black friends and neighbors, both christian and others who didn't seem to have any religious background at all, and do you know what the common denominator was?

Respect, and color-blindness. I wasn't white, and they weren't black, we were just friends and neighbors.

As far as your question, maybe you receive more of an attitude about being an atheist (or whatever you are, cause it doesn't always sound like you're an atheist, maybe your familiy and friends don't like your interpretation of Biblical events?) because your family and friends DO still believe and are still Christian. They may show disapproval of your beliefs because they are worried about you.

Maybe they are like a lot of other people who are Christian, and are encouraged by the message of peace and brotherhood and following some rules of courtesy as written of in the Bible.

Because that message is for all races.

That message of love and treating others as you would treat yourself in the New Testament is for everyone, and if everyone followed that advice, the world would be a much better place.

As to the question of racism, and hate toward others because of WHAT they are as a whole, instead of WHO they are as an individual, don't you know that you usually receive back the attitude that you give out?

God Bless,

sezsue

[edit on 11-3-2010 by sezsue]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Click here for more information.

[edit on 12-3-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

reply to post by rusethorcain

Ohhhhh......

I like your lil article here about the ANUNNAKI

unhypnotize.com...

Check it out everybody...they are the super moderator on that site too

Ohhhhh......

I like your lil way of avoiding questions you would rather not answer. Why no response to my post about the abolitionists? Inconvenient truth huh?

Check it out indeed everybody...You think just because someone has the same avatar they are all me?

I suppose we all look alike to you.

[edit on 12-3-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

As a black-american I would like to say this. I was raised in a good home, made good grades, went to college, got my degrees, worked, contributed to society, and then life threw me a curveball, I was living on my own, had bills to pay with no income so I started selling drugs in order to make it. Not using it as an excuse but in a situation where NOBODY is hiring, what can you do? just give up and live on the street? For one I think that the labeling of what goes on in the hood is ignorance. You can't label a man who sells drugs as a bad person. The bible states that a man has to seek god on his own accord to achieve his full blessing. The bible also states that a thiefs who steals because they are hungry and need food, is not looked at as a sinner in god's eyes. But a man who steals to intentionally harm, discredit, or financial gain, is a sinner. Most people I know that sell drugs, sell drugs because it is a little extra income to pay the bills or put shoes on their childrens feet. Life is hard for a young black male, alot harder than most of america would choose to realize... If you are blessed with the oppurtunity to be a contributing member of society than you should appreciate your blessings instead of judging people who weren't fortunate enough to have those same blessings. To judge another man for his actions or his way of life according to the bible is what we would call prejudice... and as a black man I am ashamed to say that even BLACK people are prejudice against other blacks. A rigtheous man is not defined by his walk of life... He's defined by the choices he makes with the life he is given... Bumpy Johnson sold drugs, and in turn, gave to the community what the government refused to do... I've seen drug money pay for parks, housing development reconstruction, road work, youth sports events... so it's not how you live your life, it's what you do WITH your life that matters... and in todays times... we have freedom over what we believe in... some choose god... some choose satan... some choose allah... some choose nothing... that's a choice... it's not forced upon us... A drug dealer can be a drug dealer and live his life for god... i've seen it... and they do more for other people than most of the one's that makes hundreds of thousands of dollars a year doin nothing but finding ways to screw people over... I'm saddened whenever I hear of someone being athiest for two reasons... I was once athiest until god stepped into my life... so I KNOW there is a god... and two... if judgement day was to come tomorrow... and god was to stand if front of you would you rather have believed in something?... or believed in nothing? nobody today is forced to believe in a white jesus because anyone with common sense knows that jesus was not white... and far from it... he was born in the middle east... go find me a white guy with blonde hair and blue eyes that was born there and show you a liar

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join