It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Blacks embrace their opressors God

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by Tiger5

It is true that most Southerners did not own slaves. Slaves were very expensive.

Most slaves were owned by very wealthy plantation owning aristocrats.
Some of these aristocrats in Louisiana were not white, but Creole.

In a US census before the Civil War, around 8 million whites lived in the South. Out of these 8 million, less than 380,000 owned slaves. Over 260,000 free blacks lived in the South. Over 3,000 free blacks owned slaves, primarily in Louisiana around New Orleans.

Extreme prejudice against blacks in the South originated primarily with Irish immigrants. The Irish were at the bottom of society in the South. They were very poor and were often hired by plantation aristicrats to do dangerous work, such as construction. Slaves were kept in the fields and in the households. The immigrants were known as rednecks, from the fact they plowed their small fields. House slaves also gave them the names "white trash" and peckerwood. The latter name orginated from the house slaves who compared the red headed and loud Irishmen to woodpeckers. There was much hostility between the poor whites and the slaves.

Society in the South before the Reconstruction was somewhat feudal. Immigrants, especially from Ireland were at the very bottom. Wealthy aristocrats held all of the power and money.

After the war during the Reconstruction, the Aristocracy was destroyed. Most of the South that did not own slaves resented the blacks and blamed them for the war. They became scapegoats for poor whites.

Even in Louisiana, the once powerful Creoles found themselves victims of hate and found themselves being segregated. The landmark Supreme Court case Plessy Vs. Ferguson in 1896, by Creole Homer Plessy who refused to sit in a rail car for blacks only, lead to the court ruling that "separate but equal" was not unconstitutional.

Edited for some figures

[edit on 12/3/10 by MikeboydUS]

Well to be honest with your you seem to be on point. I have to get some other stuff done. so will do this in pieces.

The slave figures taken from consensus does make since there is always the paretto (80/20) phenomenon by which the major of assets are always held or controlled by the minority.

I am currently watching a brilliant programme on the decline of detyroit. It is a great american city that is dying and kids are asking why go to school?

Anyway I digress. What interests me is the role of the Irish who actually became white in the 1960s in the UK. During the 50s and early 60s the signs in rooming houses stated "no blacks, no dogs, no Irish". prior to that there were caricatures of these monkey men or people with coarse features who were similar to the black caricatures without the colour.

The racial problem in 2010 should not exist because the truth is out there.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

I agree, the truth is out there if people look for it.

I was amazed to learn in college US history that the Prohibition movement at its heart was racist and anti immigrant.

People think, well the Prohibitionists were just making alcohol illegal. Who drank most of the alcohol? Whose cultures were infused with it? The immigrants like the Irish, Germans, and Slavs.

Its amazing how deep some of this discrimination goes.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

You are one of the awakened ones.

Most blacks I have encountered are Southern Baptist, primitive mindset, sheep still being led to the slaugter house, asleep within a primitive mindset.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Wow, after reading the OP and the first few posts I'm appalled at the ignorance of this topic, well and the sub-topic of slavery in America.

A few questions for you Cookie.

1. Are you aware there were over 3,000 BLACK slave owners in the United States during that period of time in our nation's history?

2. Are you aware the continent of Africa was predominantly Christian LONG before slaves were taken and sold to other nations?

I'd also like to point out that the majority of blacks in this world are not Christians... they're Muslims. Now, you're more than free to believe what you want, but you need to choose atheism on your OWN accord, not because of some ignorant hate-filled rhetoric of some writer you identify with.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

I am an atheistic white dude (I say that, OP, because at one point you said this thread was mainly for other African Americans, etc.), but I totally see your point and have thought about it this issue before. I'm responding because it's a little uncanny that I had a conversation with someone today about the rate of Catholicism in southeast Asia, which deals with issues similar to the one you bring up.

Of course Catholicism in southeast Asia and the influence of other religions in various other places around the world (Mormonism in Brazil - and other parts of South America, etc.) seem to arise from these areas being the "victims" of Empire and/or missionary work (perhaps the same as Empire).

I was wondering why would a person in Viet Nam remain a Catholic when it's so clear there would be no Catholicism in that country were it not for the French occupation? The vast majority of people in Viet Nam are observers of the regional "religion" of Buddhism and were it not for colonization, there would be no Christianity there. But there is.

I don't wonder why so many African Americans are Christians. I think that being deprived of education and other civil rights for such an extended period of time forced people to adopt, to fulfill their spiritual needs, to the only thing they knew, which would have been Christianity. (Of course we all know some traditions and practices from other ideologies survived amongst African Americans in some areas in some formats, generally melded with Christianity).

But I do wonder, as you do, why the devout conservatism and the rejection of ulterior paths, particularly atheism? I could imagine that some of it might be a steadfast refusal to reject an ideology that, rightly or wrongly, has been so identified with the African American community and their struggles just because, in its practiced format, it came from oppressors. I can imagine some desire, perhaps subconscious or even tribal, to "take ownership" of the religion and "make it our own."

But I would have expected a higher rate of atheism and no more rejection of atheists than in other communities (considering history). Perhaps this is because of the systemic deprivation of education over time. Some, certainly not all, suggest higher education lends itself to adopting atheism. I feel that, generally, people don't consider atheism without having learned about it first and I don't get the impression that it is a subject that the African American community consensually explores at this time.

Lastly, and probably the biggest reason why this continues (though it may not have been the root cause), I believe, is simply tradition. It is the way it is now, and though it will adapt, it will be slow.

Thanks for a thought provoking post. It was ballsy knowing you'd get the kinda of responses you have.

[edit on 3/14/2010 by Hadrian]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exposing The Devil
The Masons were a group white people living in Europe under ruling Blacks that wanted to escape the Black mans ruling / laws which were pretty much Biblical laws, so they did there own thing in hiding because they would be killed if they were caught practicing pagan or satanic crap and anything other than Biblical.

It sounds like you are okay with slavery so long as it's blacks enslaving whites..? The black eurpoean royal theory is still more wishful thinking on your part. Yes some were black (like middle eastern and egyptions of course) but you think irish royalty were black too?

The OP has been posting offtopic herself.. obsessed with promoting the idea that blacks are inherently superior to whites (as the aliens that made us are all black.. even though she implied shes an atheist in her OP she still worships these godheads).. yet for some reason you are COINCIDENTALLY completely in sinc with her posting black supremacists propaganda. It sure is lucky for her that you were ready for this thread armed with your numerous youtube and wiki references! You two should really hook up.

Oh and your joining ATS was VERY timely for her indeed- you've only ever posted in this thread!

edit. ringa ding ding

[edit on 14-3-2010 by riley]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exposing The Devil[/i

obsessed with promoting the idea that blacks are inherently superior to whites (as the aliens that made us are all black.. even though she implied shes an atheist in her OP she still worships these godheads).. yet for some reason you are COINCIDENTALLY completely in sinc with her posting black supremacists propaganda. It sure is lucky for her that you were ready for this thread armed with your numerous youtube and wiki references! You two should really hook up.

Oh and your joining ATS was VERY timely for her indeed- you've only ever posted in this thread!

Well I think it is important to consider a virulent, toxic and misleading form of black supremacy.

Seeing that wikipedia is an accepted source of information here is the link.

en.wikipedia.org...

Black supremacists tend to mirror the most crazy and deluded versions of white supremacists like the most assinine KKKers and just put a black face on it. The current problems of white supremacy will never be solved by retreating into a myths, medieval history or abrahamic religious history. Simply the current problems beg for current solutions.

The upheavls in racial awareness in the 1960s have taught black people a lot of pride and heale some of the effects of racism. It is important o move on for practical AND PRIORITISED change. BLack supremacists and white supremacists need eachother and are closely intertwinned.

Most of this post is not a reply to you Riley.

Peace

[edit on 14-3-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
The truth is often a hard and politically incorrect endeavor. I see it like this the blacks seem to grasp on to anything that gives them some direction. Even to go as far as being happy slaves in some cases. They seem to lack structure and every country run by blacks seems to be on the verge of collapse. Is it genetic? I don't know and I know my post sounds very racist but it is the truth. I believe everyone should be treated as equal even if they are not. Look at the US with the more rights they get the more they fall apart and self destruct. And I used to believe it was a societal thing but look at Africa they don't have the same influences but yet they have the same outcomes? The Blacks only seem to thrive under one thing and that is the control taken out of their hands. It harsh but true.

[edit on 14-3-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hadrian

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Of course Catholicism in southeast Asia and the influence of other religions in various other places around the world (Mormonism in Brazil - and other parts of South America, etc.) seem to arise from these areas being the "victims" of Empire and/or missionary work (perhaps the same as Empire).

I was wondering why would a person in Viet Nam remain a Catholic when it's so clear there would be no Catholicism in that country were it not for the French occupation? The vast majority of people in Viet Nam are observers of the regional "religion" of Buddhism and were it not for colonization, there would be no Christianity there. But there is.

I don't wonder why so many African Americans are Christians. I think that being deprived of education and other civil rights for such an extended period of time forced people to adopt, to fulfill their spiritual needs, to the only thing they knew, which would have been Christianity.

[edit on 3/14/2010 by Hadrian]

Well look at the de colonising process. The colonials tend to negotiate their departure with those in their own image. These people tend to be educated in the colonisers countries and have been indoctrinated to be similar to them. If we look behind the rhetoric we see that they are similar. THis is exactly what happened in Africa with each of the first governments in the newly independant country. In fact the most recent example was Zimbabwe. The fact that Mugabe proved to be a monster in terms of his tribalism and ruining of the economy is another topic.

Within the USA most black people dio dnot decolonialise themselves from brain washing. Some people decided to clutch at variations on the Abrahamic religions like the black interpretation of the bible or the black jews. Personally I find them to be a form of sheeple.

The simple fact is the fast growing religions in the USA is santeria which embraces all races. What is interesting is that conscious santeros further decolonialised themselves to purge their religion of all Xtian iconograhy as the camoflage is no londer needed. White supremacists and black xtians both hate santeros.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Well there are three reasons for the reason why some countries in Africa are in a perillious state.

1) Rampant corruption especially bribery involving natural resource extraction.

2) Net brain drains towards the west and economic migrations of the best minds. One english speaking country in south America has had a net brain drain since the 1950s

3) decades of colonial tariffs that led to cheep purchase of raw materials and expensive reimportantion of goods.

Countries like Senegal, Ghana are significant examples of well performing economies. In fact One of the best hotels that I have every stayed in was in Ghana. As was the best Llbster..

The cultural dominance of black America has also exerted a strangle hold on the imagination of the young in all African countries as well as the caribbean.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

The article is a perfect example of how black Americans are angry. It is racist in itself and adds to the problem.

No it's not. There is no anger in that post. You trying way to hard to try and find something that isn't there.

My family hails from Southern Germany, and Finland. Those are my roots. America is where I live, not where my blood and surname come from. We all share American history together, but our families history is seperate, and sacred. It is personal and belongs to us as individuals.

Hmm southern Germany AND Finland. Your a mutt just like me! Don't look at me sideways...mention your heritage to one of the pure blooded Europeans and they will tell you the same thing, probably in a nicer way. Just like i said, you have European roots just like i have African roots. You can trace your families line to an area, just like i can. You can call that area Germany and Finland. No idea on my side. DNA takes care of that.

Since the African continent had much different map lines and perceived area boundries in "those days", I suppose black Americans know what tribe they're from?

Why are you assuming that we all came from tribes? Before the muslims came through there were not only small villages and towns but cities...well established cities. No telling where the muslims decided to round up slaves from. Some may have been nomadic tribesmen others may been have been citizens of municipalities, lots of digging to find that out.

It seems to me that you are cancelling out the anscestry point by saying that all American's history resides solely with this country.

I'm not canceling out anything with ancestry. Your either looking for something that isn't there or i didn't make my point clear enough. Our lineages can be traced to different continents but our history is American. That's who we are, at least in my opinion. Folks like you however seem to have a problem with that, at least thats the vibe i'm getting from you, i could be wrong...won't be the first time.

The only difference is that because Africans were forced here, much of the lineage is lost. With thousands of tribes, some gone forever, some new, how is a black American supposed to know? Personally, I wish there was a council set up to try and make sense of this. I think it would give many African American families comfort in knowing that their roots can be traced back to a specific area. Not just Africa. Africa is huge and diverse, and almost like saying "I'm from Earth."

DNA testing, that's how those that want to know will find out. See above comment about your tribes too.

I do know what I am talking about. You are just telling me I don't. That doesn't make it so. African Americans do in fact have a desire to have something of their own, Beyond American history. That history is littered with awful truths. Rap music, ebonics, different styles of dress, and other black American inventions do not reside in Africa. There are no baggy pants and gold teeth in Kenya or the Sudan.

Once again, no you don't. That is conjecture, your personal opinion of how and why black people switch it up. And that tells me you don't know what your talking about. Do white people know why they don't rock the mullet? Oh yea that's right...it out of style...

Just like the article's view on Christianity, many black Americans don't want to associate with their opressors music, language, anything. They were stripped of their heritage and want something of their own. Black men and women have told me this throughout my life.

So they confided in you enough to tell you that *points to the above quote* Throughout your life nonetheless! *chuckles*

I've never heard of ebonics in England, have you?

Ebonics in England what? HAHA, your going to play that Ebonics hand huh? Tell you what then, just to be fair IF your going to go ahead and call Ebonics a form of language then you might as well as put hillybilly and other white english derivaties up there to...do they speak southern in England? Or what about New Yorker?

I can say that if I didn't know where I was from, I would indeed be searching for an identity also. Like an adopted child, there is a search for your heritage. This is why black men and women in Europe aren't nearly as angry as a cluture, and more readily accept the cultural norms of that respective country.

I'm just going to leave with that quote. I'm..just flabbergasted. Nice opinion though
i enjoyed the verbal sparring.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

They will never break away form there self imposed oppression if they think like this. At some point the finger is going to have to point to them. It is the only way to succeed.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Of course the idea of DNA testing will only solve the problem for some people. Black people will be able to identify which part of Africa they came from. OK but the DNA will also be a two edged sword for some as their white ancestry could also be identified.

I pity those anti semites and racist black people who find themselves with white blood. Will they commit suicide???

Probably not as they will just adjust themselves and continue hating because hatred is easier than thinking and they get their dopamine highs the same way.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley

It sounds like you are okay with slavery so long as it's blacks enslaving whites..? The black eurpoean royal theory is still more wishful thinking on your part. Yes some were black (like middle eastern and egyptions of course) but you think irish royalty were black too?

Actually, yes the first Irish were originally Black Hebrews but obviously you wouldn't know that because you don't do any research.

Actually I have done alot of research.. I just do not consider your racist PROPOGANDA factual. The black irish is in reference to breeding between irish and spanish sailors from shipwrecks.

Also, I have no clue what your talking about with my joining of ATS being timely?

Thanks for your input.
I'm not looking for a reply.

No clue? Yeah right.

Timely as in you have only posted in this thread in this "current profile".. and you only created this profile only after you got banned under this one:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Time for comparative post evidence:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by Esau Must Die
Kharzar Jews are fake impostors.
Time to expose them.

The true Hebrew Israelites are Blacks from slavery, Natives and Hispanics, white people lied and erased our history of us being Hebrew Israelites.
African Americans aren't African, thats why the Africans sold them into slavery, they are not the same people.

Even in Africa, they teach in school history that the black slaves were Hebrews on the run and not African.

400 years of slavery and oppression to these 3 minorities, soon its time for pay back and justice.

America is on it's down fall, Illuminati is going down and others are rising up.

Th 12 Tribes

Judah — Black Americans
Benjamin — West Indians (Caribbean Blacks)
Levi — Haitians
Simeon — Dominicans
Zebulon — Guatemalans, Panamanians
Ephraim — Puerto Ricans
Manasseh — Cubans
Gad — Native American Indians
Reuben — Seminole Indians
Asher — Colombians, Uruguayans
Napthali — Argentines, Chileans
Issachar — Mexicans

All the Israelites have recently been enslaved and killed by White people in the same way the Deuteronomy curses explain, Arabs and Africans did the same.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by Esau Must Die]

..and now a post under your new alias:

reply to post by ButterCookie

News flash, The Israelites were black, just like Christ.
You been living under a rock?

This is 2010 all the white lies are being exposed.
Type in "Jews are Black" or "Hebrew Israelites" in youtube people have put of 100's of history books, artifacts and information reveling who the Israelites are.

The white Christ is Cesare Borgia, who is a homo and rapist and hired Michelangelo and Da Vin-chi to make him the new face of Christ during the "Renaissance" aka Rebirth when white people took down us Black Hebrew Israelites slowly during our ruler-ship in Europe.

THE 12 TRIBES OF ISRAEL

JUDAH- American Blacks
BENJAMIN- West Indian Blacks
LEVI- Haitians
SIMEON- Dominicans
ZEBULON- Black Indians Guatemala to Panama(Mayans)
EPHRAIM- Puerto Ricans
MANASSEH- Cubans
GAD- Native-American Indians
REUBEN- Seminole Indians
ASHER- Columbia to Uruguay (Incas)
ISSACHAR- Mexicans (Aztecs)
NAPTHALI- Argentina/Chile

White people tried to erase our history and continue to do so, no Christ is not an Arab neither is he White, anyone who thinks so has an poor history education.

African Americans are not African / Hammite, they are Hebrew Israelites they don't even act or look the same as Africans.
Thats why the Africans sold us into slavery so easy, were not related to them, and they has us enslaved in Egypt and Babylon.
Even today in African school history they teach the slaves in West Africa were Hebrews.

Don't fall for the white oppression, they tell us whites have like 10 different races of white people but all black people are the same.
Forget all the lies and learn the true history that they stole from us after 400 years of slavery.
Just like we slaved and built Egypt, we slaved and built America the same way we are under the Deuteronomy curses at the moment.

Disclaimer:
Warning Bad language here and truth. Don't watch if your soft.

The Elite and the Khazars know we are Israelites.
This Rabbi here admits Jesus is black.

Quoting your own posts/info/vids when banned under that user name was a STUPID thing to do. I hope mods have the good sense to block your IP number as well so you don't troll under new usernames.

This is another win in ATS's fight against ignorance! We have exposed another devil.

(well spotted tiger!
)

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

Right..your a great guy, fighting ignorance and all.
Good for you bud.

I guess I should be banned like you say, because Jesus really is white, along with the rest of the Israelites and Adam & Eve.
How dear I dispute white history. Sorry bout that.

Don't know what I was thinkin.

I should just trust everything the white man has told me about history, because after 400 years of slavery, surely I can trust everything he chooses to tell me without question. They would never deprive blacks of their former history would they? because you guys just love us so much.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
The truth is often a hard and politically incorrect endeavor. harsh but true.
[edit on 14-3-2010 by Subjective Truth]

Well I believe that a number of people just give up and get lazy. The worst thing that ever happened to black people and black/ white relations was the INCREASED segregation that occured after slavery. Slavery was a time of more reduced segregation due to the cross street system. Isolation breeds bunker mentalities and allows demagogues.

The freedom fighters kicked out the hated colonialists often using racial polemics and installed themselves in power. Hooray Right on!!!!

After a few years they then took on the trapping of the colonialists and neocolonialism was born. "Ohhh S**T!!!

Look at Zimbabwe and the rest of africa at various times.

Anyway I do not agree with the original OP's motives for becoming an Atheist. There are loads of ATRs in the USA and hence they could have joined one of those if race were her only consideration.

Nontheless it is her choice and I respect that.

I do feel that racism will not be destroyed if we all sit in our complacent positions. The strength of ATS is the debates. I can learn from the wise here and the complete idiots here also. To label a person an idiot is wrong if you cannot understand what makes their comments so stupid. It is hard work being a modern human.

However perhaps this explain some of what has been seen here. Black rage is seen as a phenomenom and that seems to have a cause. Of course what is done with the rage is something else it can be fuel for massive positive change like working harder or a massive negative change like murder.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by yodagod

Maybe it is representative of the death of a dialogue. After all, dialogues lead to monologues. And when it is stuck at a monologue, at a final solution, there is no progression. People crave that progression, and as such, society is fragmented so it can climb the mountain yet again. Only a critical mass of spiritually aware inhabitants would transcend this cycle.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join