It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Happenings in Louisiana

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I am willing to bet that the author of this post is just posting a story for a book or something that they are writing. it is written well and categorized.

Are you making a movie... writing a book... what?

You shouldn't teast ppl like that op

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This could very well be e deminic entity, i say this because i yave dealt with apparitions and things that sound similar...
When you friends and girl friend went into your room was it colder then normal? Have you fealt tingles run up your spine like something is there but you don't want to admit it? I'm not just a superstitious soul... Perhaps there is more to this then meets the eye.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by thebox

I agree, most situations that have happened to me that are similar in nature to the OP resulted from one of them damn boards.

Question for the OP, was the "thing" wearing a hat?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

I figured that out after I looked at who you replied to, but alas, it was too late and I had already stuck my proverbial foot in my mouth. I do live my life by the creed "What would JC do?" And by JC I mean Johnny Cash.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Sounds like a case for Dean and Sam. have you tried calling them to investigate?

Maybe they can contact Bobby and he'll research the "thing" to see if they have ever heard of it before. I'm sure some salt around your doors and windows will protect you.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by shieldedwolf
WHAT IS WITH THE HOLY WATER?

its got elecrolytes

::edit:: sorry i couldnt help it.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by LurkerMan]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I think if you read the first section of this link it might sound very familliar. I don't know how much of this I believe, but growing up in AZ I had many indian friends who would swear by this. They had a real sense of fear about this whole subject and believed in it as much as Dick Cheney believes in shotguns.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
My ex-wife had an experience with a doppleganger once. At the time we were staying at my parents' house for a month prior to a move out of state. I worked an evening shift back then and would get home around 1am or so. My ex was asleep in bed when she claimed that I walked into the room for a moment then left again to enter the bathroom. She fell back asleep only to have the real me come home about an hour later.

This is also the house in which I saw a ghost when I was younger (it wasn't a distinct human figure but more of a vaguely human-shaped white mass - so it could have been a spirit, an alien, an inter-dimensional being...who knows.) Whatever it was, it was standing at the foot of my bed when I woke in the night and it immediately shot through the nearest wall, making at loud banging noise as it struck the wall.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Jeeper's Creeper's spring's to mind.
Anyway. Have a camara on stand by.
Also, if you have a laser pointer, shine it at it the next time you see it.

Anyway, you say - ''lastnight'' then you go on to say, ''well, the next night.''

Happy hunting/snapping.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greywolf73
It's interesting that a shadow figure seems to be involved with the sighting of your doppelganger. A couple of years ago, I encountered my husband's doppelganger in our house late at night.

I wonder what the purpose is behind their imitating of people?

I've had the SAME thing happen to me a few years ago, and it freaked me out BIG time. The first time I had this encounter, I saw my younger sister sitting in front of the TV watching cartoons in broad daylight, two feet in front of me. I had just got out of the shower. It was morning. I was standing behind her drying my hair off with a towel and I was talking to her. I asked her "What are you watching?" She didn't respond. I asked again, but again she didn't respond. That's when she got up and started walking toward a different bathroom. To my surprise she walked right into the closet. I laughed and asked "What are you doing???" I walked after her, opened the closet door and she was nowhere in sight. I thought I was going nuts. That's when I look in the other direction and see her walking from the kitchen into the hallway, and into the room. I was shocked and told her what I had just seen. There was no way in hell she could have gone from the closet into the kitchen. Impossible. We were both stunned. What I realized then is that the thing pretending to be my sister was wearing similar clothing and looked the same from the back, but I never saw it's face.

The second time this happened it was in the same room. I was in bed trying to go to sleep. I was listening to music with my headphones on in the dark, propped up against the wall. Suddenly I hear this silly lion roar, as if my sister had made the sound intentionally. I took my headphones off, laughed and checked to see if she was awake. She was asleep. I didn't think much of it, just got back into bed and put my headphones back on. Suddenly I felt the bed move on the other end. I opened my eyes and saw a friend of mine sitting at the edge. It wasn't uncommon that he and his family would come out to visit later in the evening. I took my headphones off and said "Hi!" It didn't respond, it was just looking at me. I repeated "Aren't you going to say hi back?" That's when the thing lunged at me and all I could see was a face screaming at me, it's mouth open, maybe 15 inches away from my face. It looked like it was made out of water, which I thought was very weird. I got so freaked out by this that I immediately jumped out of bed, turned on all the lights and ran to my parents to tell them what happened. I couldn't sleep for the rest of the week with the lights off, and as long as we lived there I couldn't look in that direction when I tried to fall asleep, always afraid I'd see something again. I had never been so scared in all my life.

The third time this happened it wasn't as frightening or as clear as the other two times. It was a little bit more than out of the corner of my eye. I was in the kitchen. I was preparing some food when I saw my (now) ex walking past the kitchen and into the living room. The hallway was lit only by whatever kitchen light was able to break through. It was enough to see someone's features. I asked him if he wanted something to eat. He didn't respond, so I went toward the living room to ask again. He wasn't in there. Nobody was in there. Shocked me a little, but compared to the other two experiences this one was no big deal. I then saw him walking out of the bedroom and through the hallway. I asked "weren't you just in here???" He said no. I knew it was true, because he wouldn't have been able to walk in and out without me seeing him. Couldn't miss him, he was a big guy.

To the O.P., that is one strange story. Other than my three experiences with doppelgangers unfortunately I have nothing useful to add. What your friends saw in your girlfriend's room could have been what I saw those three times. Although I've had more than a few "strange" encounters with what some might call the supernatural, I sometimes have a hard time believing in it myself. Two out of those three times I was as awake as one can be, but the eyes can play tricks I suppose.
It's better when multiple witnesses are present. I hope you solve that mystery. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say I'm curious about the outcome.

P.S. I see some people mentioning Ouija boards. Maybe it's a coincidence, but during the two most vivid encounters there was a Ouija board present. It was stored in the closet since we didn't use it much. It got boring real quick. My mom had bought it for us. It was a cheesy set and we did mess around with it once or twice the way kids do, but nothing serious. The third time around I no longer had the thing anywhere in the house. I didn't/don't really believe in Ouija boards, but I have to note that it was present during two of the most vivid and scary experiences of my life thus far. I also recall having very vivid dreams about fighting the devil for a month straight maybe a few months later. That was interesting to say the least. Lol.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by 2manyquestions]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Very strange indeed.... Please be careful.
If I were you I would band together with your neighbors and keep in close contact with them. Share info with each other.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I'm telling you guys...skinwalkers.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
perhaps the skeptics on here have never experienced anything out of the ordinary before, i have. i believe your story... keep us updated

Indeed, agreed. Please keep us up to date with info, I found your story fascinating and believable. I too have had experiences that can`t be explained... by anyone I've talked to, even family give me an odd look.

S&F OP!

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by smashing31

I figured that out after I looked at who you replied to, but alas, it was too late and I had already stuck my proverbial foot in my mouth. I do live my life by the creed "What would JC do?" And by JC I mean Johnny Cash.

Iv been into the JC your talking about for 35 years!

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Now that i'm thinking about it, he DID say that the figure was wearing all black and was larger than life! Maybe Johnny's not dead!

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
This would make quite a good movie.

Anyway, these sort of happenings are really interesting to me but it really freaks me out. I guess I watch too many paranormal films.

If I was you I wouldn't appoach it. I would keep my eye on the 40 year old man to see if hes talkin to it. If he was talking to it you should go up to him and ask him what happened and what he was talking about.

I hope you stay safe.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Thats really creepy, especially the part about them seeing you there when you weren't. i bet it was the same creature.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azazelus

I don't know where to begin with picking apart this story, but upon first read, even I noticed the OP says "last night" and then the very next paragraph states "the next night"...

Maybe ur slow but next does come after last. Only if you move the present up a night, then they overlap

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
cant u guys record this sounds and this "man'? I mean, u guys could do something with other students and try to find out what the heck is that I mean ... who knows ahhahah

if this is real, I would say, you guys should do video, interviews and put on youtube ... hype the thing, maybe it goes away, maybe the gov can fix it, or maybe the TV could get involved

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kapodistrias

I agree
its impossible no one have a cellphone at least to record this sound and this guy or whatever is happening

and I agree with everyone who says this is a history for a book, its possible ... because the first thing I would do is to grab a camera with me all day

reply to post by Azazelus

wow ... great answer man HAHHAHA .... its perfect

when 90 % of the answers are about some ghost or whatever, demon, is when u know that most of the people here must be paranoid

[edit on 2-3-2010 by Faiol]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join