It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Happenings in Louisiana

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Well there wouldn't really be a point filming it with a phone if it all happened at night because you wouldn't be able to see anything..

[edit on 2-3-2010 by Sozen94]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
use a SLR film camera, the simpler the better. An older Nikon or something. Digital cameras (unless they are pro) are slow and have horrible quality, no matter what the mega pixels are. Plus you can pick up a decent 35mm camera for less than $50 on eBay.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
diphenhydramine aka benedryl can create extremely real lucid hallucinations just like this.

my friend luke came and walked in my room one time (normal) looked over at me said "sup" and sat on my bed, i said "wutup" and glanced away at the computer screen. then looked back and he was gone.

nobody was in my house.

i was just trippin because i had taken the wrong dose pills. i thought they were 12.5 mg they were 50mg and i took 4. i looked it up and sure enough im not the only one.

it seemed completely normal while it was in play.

Diphenhydramine effects cannabis increases the effects too.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by LurkerMan]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blender

Originally posted by cris_y2k_se
I normally don't post here...especially about stories like these....but this one def caught my attention. Ill def be monitoring this thread closely.

I wouldn't know what to do honestly...just be safe is all i can say.

After reading it over again, I'm not sure why this thread is catching so much interest. Sure, the title is interesting. However the meat of the story is "a tall guy in a black coat in a parking lot acting suspicious".

Have we here at ATS come to the point where seeing a tall guy in a parking lot wearing a black trench coat is some kind of paranormal event?

Oh, and as far as the terrible sounds you heard the previous night, and the dead cats... Have you ever heard a cat fight? It sounds horrible. It sounds almost exactly how you described. Probly two cats that fought and wound up killing eachother.

Sure, but your questioning only part of the story and dismissing it as whole.
Cats make the most efed up noises when fighting

But you sure seeme to take a major interest in this topic, seeing as this is your 3rd or 4rth post here

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Why is everyone saying "don't approach it"?

By all means, if you see a ghost, alien, shapeshifter, demon, or angel...grab your camera, APPROACH it, and attempt to communicate with it.

You people are suggesting that we should live in fear of these things? This is OUR reality they are entering. They can't do a thing to us.. obviously. If they are capable of walking through walls and dissapearing into thin air and they wanted to (or were allowed to) harm us we would all be gone by now.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
the city is being haunted, NO saints winning the SB

I mean, if this isnt proof enough something is going on

theories below now:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Being that it all started when the doppelganger appeared in your girlfriend's room, chances are that she is the center of it.

It almost sounds like something on the inside is protecting from something on the outside.

One thing that does stand out to me, is that anytime I have lived with a girlfriend, we have shared our bedroom. By her room, do you mean her office?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LurkerMan
diphenhydramine aka benedryl can create extremely real lucid hallucinations just like this.

my friend luke came and walked in my room one time (normal) looked over at me said "sup" and sat on my bed, i said "wutup" and glanced away at the computer screen. then looked back and he was gone.

nobody was in my house.

i was just trippin because i had taken the wrong dose pills. i thought they were 12.5 mg they were 50mg and i took 4. i looked it up and sure enough im not the only one.

so 3 people were "trippin" simultaneously and the other guy at a later time on the same pills or whatever? Yeah I don't think so. There are thousands of accounts just like his, with too many things in common for it to be a coincidence. Or a mass drugging.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Anyone know of anything Voodoo related that this could be attributed to?

I know Voodoo is strong in the LA, but I don't know enough about it to know of any creature legends. Maybe some past tenant who practiced of someone putting a curse on the 40'ish guy? You said he was kind of a redneck. Maybe he pissed of the wrong person.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by afterschoolfun

nobody was in my house.

so 3 people were "trippin" simultaneously and the other guy at a later time on the same pills or whatever? Yeah I don't think so. There are thousands of accounts just like his, with too many things in common for it to be a coincidence. Or a mass drugging.

Possible explinations:
1) 3 people were "trippin"

2) 3 people mistook a creepy tall man in dark clothes and a vicious catfight for some sort of otherworldly apperition

3) One person made all of this up to amuse him/herself with our responses, which I lean towards due to the sudden lack of responses/information from OP.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by Blender]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Why did I have to end up in the lame part of Louisiana?

This town could use something like this, to kill the boredom.

link   
OK, seriously. Has no one checked out the link I put up before? I know the whole skinwalker thing seems kinda weird, even for this group, but I have native American friends that swear by it. If you look at the mythology, it seems to describe this exact type of event.

link   
reply to post by afterschoolfun

i didnt say it explains all of the accounts. but it could very likely explain one of them (the person in the room).

the guy in the parking lot could have been just that. guy in the parking lot. and the cats obviously fought a predator.

::edit:: and since more folks are jumping on the bandwagon let me be clear. that only involves one person taking a drug. the girlfriend. as she is the one who saw him in the room. not all of them, not 5 of them. not 1 and a half of them. just her.

no mass drugging.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by euwhajavb

The person sitting at your computer that they saw was a demon.

Now let me clear something up here. A DEMON is the only one that can take the shape of either you or anybody else that we know. It is NOT a doppleganger(sp)

Which tells me that someone in your area that you live or someone close to you, are possessed by a DEMON. Which I believe it to be someone that your hanging out with. There are differant levels of demonic possession. This demon seems to be exhibiting more power then most. Not good. Unless you find out who this person is, there isn't much you will be able to do. If you can find out you can contact one of the churches in your area to help you with this.

Look at the people that you are hanging out with..... Does it seem like someone has a low IQ level, are they constantly lying, are they considered evil,?? but your looking the other way?

Since the demon has a host already don't be afraid. Just DO NOT take it on by yourself or then you are asking for trouble that you will not be able to handle on your own.

REMEMBER GOD, turn towards him now for protection. Good overcame evil along time ago.

Demonic possession is on the increase and this has been going on. Demons can hid themselves very well, some people go to work and school everyday and have been known to be possessed some people die this way. Unless the DEMON is showing serious signs most churches won't touch them, because only then can the church test these people and then preform an exorism.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

nobody was in my house.

I see people talking about Ouija Boards, but various drugs or chemical substances are far far worse than any ouija board.

The term Pharmakeia or Pharmacia is usually translated into witchcraft in English bibles, but in doing so the word loses part of its meaning. What its really talking about is mind altering drugs known as entheogens used in rituals. In a sense they are powerful keys that open doors that are often better left shut.

Louisiana is a nexus of anomalous phenomena and has been for a long time. I have lived all over the world and nothing is like this place. I personally think it must be a liminal region on the edge of the Other. We have lots of UFO sightings and animal mutilations, besides all of the hauntings and "hairy hominids". There is so much weird stuff in some places, like Natchitoches parish, that its just accepted by local law enforcement as the way things are.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
If I hear one more person say "you shouldn't mess with ouija boards" I'm gonna crack.

To those of you who fear the ouija board - You actually think something that you can buy at ToysRus has the capability of invoking a spirit?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

If I hear one more person say "you shouldn't mess with ouija boards" I'm gonna crack.

To those of you who fear the ouija board - You actually think something that you can buy at ToysRus has the capability of invoking a spirit?

Ouija boards are not real they are a MYTH. Anybody can research it on the internet and find this out.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Blender

I don't know if your referring to me, but if you read what I said I was not talking about Ouija boards.

They are nonsense, silly devices invented in the 1800s by members of the Spiritualist movement.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by Blender

I don't know if your referring to me, but if you read what I said I was not talking about Ouija boards.

They are nonsense, silly devices invented in the 1800s by members of the Spiritualist movement.

No I wasn't referring to you, I was referring to the many posts I saw in this thread of people warning about the dangers of ouija boards.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Katie

Ouija boards are not real they are a MYTH. Anybody can research it on the internet and find this out.
Oh, they are real. I saw one once.

As far as their power..... They are merely trinkets.

It is the minds of the people that believe in them that are the source of the power.

It is the power of suggestion.
Like being hypnotized.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join