It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Happenings in Louisiana

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by smashing31
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Isn't it kind of weird how alot of these "mythical" creatures have numerous similarities. I think it's possible that there are unknown creatures out there, but I think there have been several legends spun from the same creature in different cultures, and therefore we have several names or legends about the same entity.

I completely agree. I personally think they are all part of the same anomalous phenomena. What exactly that is I don't know. I have some theories. I don't think they are cyptids or undiscovered animals, but something much weirder. You can find the same stories universally and going way back to the dawn of civilization.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Possibly the best documented skinwalker beliefs are those relating to the Navajo
reply to post by smashing31

I find all the skinwalker lore fascinating and seriously creepy.

There's a great fiction book on skinwalkers by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. They tend to write "scientificly inspired" fiction.

Anyway, the book'ss called Thunderhead. Great read. You might enjoy it.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by euwhajavb

Dem be grimlins...

Cat hating grimlins...

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Anyone interested in the OP should take a look at this -

from-the-shadows.blogspot.com...

Also check this one out. It includes pics. www.anomalies-unlimited.com...

Seems many, many, many people have encountered this tall, dark man.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by Blender]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Alot of conjecture yet no real help? Yet...

OK I am a medium/psychic and here is my impression of what is going on. I do not believe that your paranormal experience in your apartments is connected with this Man.

While your paranormal experience is significant, it should reassure you that it is an earthbound spirit trying to mess with you, and it was likely attracted by your youthful energy and is trying to get your attention, for a variety of reasons.

A Doppleganger can be created by the paranormal. There are many cases
where a ghost takes on the appearance of a person who lives in the house to others.

Cats being killed is the sound you heard that evening. It could of been a dog- doesent neccesarily mean it was the man you saw.

Regarding the Man- just throwing a realisitic scenarior your way- my uncle is 6.9. If there were a tall goth.emo.punk kid wearing a trench coat outside waiting for someone outside your apartment- maybe even stalking his girlfriend in one of the other apartments, if he was trying to do this secretely he would hide from you calling out to him.

But, if we were to consider any other paranormal creature, my feeling is that it is Vampire. And not like the Twilight BS either. Vampires live mostly in Louisiana, London, and Prague. Vampires are real, and they do feed on animals and people. Likely it killed the cats. IF I were you, I would not attempt to watch out for the thing. You could piss it off and bring its attention on you.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I've had some similar experiences. When we moved to the United States 23 years ago or so, our budget allowed us only a very modest house off of 8 mile in Detroit. Even for that area it was incredibly cheap. Not being very savvy as to why, my parents didn't think to ask. They bought it and some weeks after moving in, things started getting a little...strange.

At first things only started happening when my dad and grandfather were at work. I would be home with my mom, grandma, and cousin and we would hear these absolutely terrifying growls, scratches, moans, and snorting coming from upstairs. Then came the footsteps. The steps would shake the entire house. It felt like whatever was upstairs must have been well over 1,000 lbs. It would just pace around upstairs just terrifying the crap out of us. One day it was so bad my mom took all of us outside and we just sat on our front lawn crying of fear. We didn't go back until my dad and grandfather came home.

Eventually the creature started getting more and more bold. It started raising all kinds of hell when everyone was home. I can't tell you how many times my dad (being a no nonsense, everything has an explanation type guy) went upstairs carrying a shotgun only to see there was nothing up there. Whatever it was, it had a terrible hatred for us. You could feel it. I don't know why, maybe because we were Christians. I think that probably irritated it because eventually it tried to kill us.

My dad came home from work one day and went ballistic. Something had turned the gas on upstairs and filled the entire house with it. We, being home all day, didn't notice the smell. He ran upstairs and the stove was turned on full power. Nobody had been upstairs all day. A few weeks later the creature had turned on the stove upstairs again, and this time it was lit. The kitchen towels were put put on the burners. The entire kitchen upstairs caught fire and was destroyed. There was nobody upstairs.

This goes even further but I don't want to get get into it because it might derail the thread, but the fact is I have also seen a freakishly tall figure dressed in all black in my house. It walked past my bedroom but didn't really pay much attention to me. It looked like it was looking for something. I only saw it once, but trust me i have no desire to see it again. I'm unsure as to what it was. Demon, ghost...multidimensional being accidentally ending up on our side? I have no idea, but i definitely believe you.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
I began reading the first line of this thread and straight away in my gut I could feel an increasing growing sensation, and I wanted to cry HOAX.

You cannot fool a person that devotes their life for another life.
[edit on 2-3-2010 by franspeakfree]

I have to agree with you - the first thing I noticed that was definitely out of place was when the OP said that something happened last night which made him create this thread ("Then, there was last night, and that was the thing that made me come here.") and then in the next paragraph he says:"The next night, the people who live on the third floor (directly above us) just came down and asked us why we were banging on our ceiling."

I'd say the OP is creating a story without keeping to his own timeline.

Just my educated guess.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

OK here is how this goes...

1. Pray
2. Get a few Weapons (Sticks, Bats, Taser, Pepper Spray, Knifes, Guns, Etc...) Keep non-illegal weapons on you and your girlfriend.
3. Don't point a freaking light at it for no reason. (But make sure to have a very powerful light source to blind it if it attacks.
4. Buy a Mega Phone (Bull Horn) with an Alarm sound on it. (Use if he attacks, and Keep it close to the bed just in cause you find him in your house.)

If you are approached by this figure:

1. Don't Run
2. Don't Show any Fear
3. Pray Out Loud
4. Make Sure you have some kind of weapon in hand. (Even a pair of keys wedged between your knuckles pointing out, great fast weapon)
5. Get in a Battle Ready Stance
6. Let it know LOUDLY (Scream it to alert people) if it continues to approach you will have to defend yourself.
7. If you get the first chance to strike it, aim for it's Neck, Eyes, Groin, Face.
8. If it attacks you first, cover your vital spots (Neck, Eyes, Groin, Face) while kicking it's legs, groin, shin's, ankles.
9. All the while screaming at the top of your lungs for HELP!

Well that is the best advice I can give you.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

What can you tell me about this "Train" sound? I never understood why that sound.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Poopra

Your experiences sound pretty crazy, Id like to hear more.
Have you written a thread about them?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
This is my first post ever and this story is very interesting i must say!

i recommend you go up to it with your roommates?
honostly the only thing it would do is run away but atleast you got that much closer to see what it might be?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fakshon

OK here is how this goes...

1. Pray
2. Get a few Weapons (Sticks, Bats, Taser, Pepper Spray, Knifes, Guns, Etc...) Keep non-illegal weapons on you and your girlfriend.
3. Don't point a freaking light at it for no reason. (But make sure to have a very powerful light source to blind it if it attacks.
4. Buy a Mega Phone (Bull Horn) with an Alarm sound on it. (Use if he attacks, and Keep it close to the bed just in cause you find him in your house.)

If you are approached by this figure:

1. Don't Run
2. Don't Show any Fear
3. Pray Out Loud
4. Make Sure you have some kind of weapon in hand. (Even a pair of keys wedged between your knuckles pointing out, great fast weapon)
5. Get in a Battle Ready Stance
6. Let it know LOUDLY (Scream it to alert people) if it continues to approach you will have to defend yourself.
7. If you get the first chance to strike it, aim for it's Neck, Eyes, Groin, Face.
8. If it attacks you first, cover your vital spots (Neck, Eyes, Groin, Face) while kicking it's legs, groin, shin's, ankles.
9. All the while screaming at the top of your lungs for HELP!

Well that is the best advice I can give you.

Why scream and pray if it approaches you? Why not say, "hello, can I ask who you are and what you are doing here?"

Maybe these things never make actual contact because we humans are so incredibly fearful of things we don't understand.

Imagine trying, as a human being, to introduce yourself to a family of mountian gorillas. They would think you were some sort of dangerous creature and most likely attack you. Just like how we react to things we don't understand.

Just waiting for the day that someone sees one of these things and instead of fear and panic, they respond with curiosity and respect. Maybe they have something to say.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blender
Anyone interested in the OP should take a look at this -

from-the-shadows.blogspot.com...

Also check this one out. It includes pics. www.anomalies-unlimited.com...

Seems many, many, many people have encountered this tall, dark man.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by Blender]

I think we have our man as they say, the Hat Man or Shadowy man, 1 and the same thing! where's Colombo when yea need him! anything new from the original poster? Peace.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Very interesting story.

To add on to the "strange man" thing, back in 2003 my brother had a friend over and we had to go to the store to get some stuff, he was alone at home. When we got back he told us he was sitting in the living room watching TV when he got "the feeling" and looked back, and all he saw was a tall man in a trench coat standing there. He said it had no face and it just stood there. He looked back at the TV and turned around again only to see that it was gone. He wasn't the only non-family to experience something in our old house.

Needless to say, alot of friends didn't want to come over after a while...

What I find kind of weird and even somewhat disturbing, EVERY single member of my family has experienced some kind of paranormal activity, but myself haven't at all. Even when I'm in the house when someone experiences something. I'm not sure if it's because I don't acknowledge or really believe in entities, or if it's just a matter of time. I'd also like to add that "something" is following my family, as my mom has been experiencing stuff since a child and it is still happening today; even in our current home that is BRAND NEW, as in it was just built last year.

Not sure if this makes any difference as to why I don't experience stuff, but I'm only 17.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by grrrrt]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
La Louisiane is a very strange land. It sounds as though you are living in what the Irish would call a 'thin place'. There are two kinds of 'thin places': one is when heaven and earth have only a very thin partition between them; the second is when earth and hell have a very thin partition between them. It sounds like you live in the second kind of "thin place".

This sort of place can be approached with the tools of voudun or the weaponry of Catholic mysticism. I do not so much as stand downwind of voudun, and I strongly encourage you not to take that root.

You need 2 sacramentals that are not that difficult to acquire. You need 'blest salt' and 'blessed beeswax candles'. You need to buy the salt and the candles (seven day variety is best); take them to a Catholic priest and tell him you are living in a frightening situation and you are begging him to please bless your salt and your candles. He may test you a bit to see if you are simply a college kid out on a lark. Be prepared to give him a little money as a offering to God -- not as payment. You can't 'buy' this sort of thing.

Having properly blest holy water is always good to keep in the house... just saying.

Sprinkle the blest salt in your apartment, your balcony, your staircase, the sidewalks, the parking lot, the area around the light pole you mentioned. Do this during daylight.

From your description of events, the tall man sounds as if he has no soul. Poltergeist?...could be. Vampire? possibly. In any event don't go asking for trouble, unless you want trouble to consume you. Also, call 911 for the police to investigate. Just report the facts. If you say in an excited voice "There's a vampire in my parking lot!!!" you will not get a satisfying response. Remember, just the facts. And if campus security or what have you, does not respond to your calls, then calling 911 is all the more justified.

God keep you safe, and don't play with the dark.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Hmmm maybe you should try a reality check, you know like touching the palm of your hand with your index finger because it sounds like you could be on the set of a slasher film. Count yourself lucky that you bunk with other people, I would be freakin terrified if I was on my own. Also, you should try and get some kind of meeting to discuss this with all the other students in the complex, has anyone informed the police?

Man, I love this forum.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
ITS A DEMON

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire
reply to post by Mr Poopra

Your experiences sound pretty crazy, Id like to hear more.
Have you written a thread about them?

Never really talked about it. Experiences like that are what eventually brought me to this place.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Ok, I haven't read all these posts as it is so long, but here are my thoughts.

I think it is some kind of alien. If it was a spirit that could not exist in the 3rd dimension, then it wouldn't run. Maybe it is some alien creature that can go between? Also, consider that it needs help. Yes, by all means defend yourself if it attacks, but perhaps it senses that you are the kind of person it can trust and go to for help. Respond with love, not hate and fear.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
garlic cloves and onions are cheap. spread them around the parking lot.

make no attempt to contact like yelling HEY or video/camera/looking for it.

absolutly do not attack it or invite it for conversation/confrontation.

if its real it will find greener pastures.

put a match from a book of matches in your door jam. so if your door is opened while you are away it will fall.

check for the match when you come home.evil needs an open door to enter. see if your door was opened and never invite it in.

at the least you will know if someone has been inside your room.

of course if they were at your computer waving to your freinds they may have access to your email and ATS account so they would know about the match. be creative.

never trust anyone over 40.... oh damn, Iam 48 hehehe. ....

serious though that dude is probably maintence and has keys to everybodys place

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join