It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The TRUE Evil: The Christian Agenda

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

I'm glad to hear you really don't want Bombeni banned. I never could look at Bombeni's avatar or signatures without chuckling, especially back in the days when the signature was a humorous response to your own. Anyway, I hope Bombeni is reinstated, too. Meanwhile, my signature will be a reminder of the interesting post-ers that have been kicked out of ATS, and my mood will remain 'perturbed'.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Bombeni was banned? .............. for?

I guess what I wanted to say........ will go without saying - for fear that I will be banned.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
Bombeni was banned? .............. for?

I guess what I wanted to say........ will go without saying - for fear that I will be banned.

I went back through Bombeni's posts, but I don't know what it was that caused the ban. There is an Extreme T&C violation, but I've noticed SEVERAL people are still on who have had those. So maybe it was an EXTREME extreme violation?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I think I've figured it out........This thread is in the mysterious forum group.... so it's just one of those "mysterious" things we can discuss and try to figure out.

This second line doesn't make this any less of a one liner.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Bombeni says:

Before being banned I was only warned one time for something I said in the "Suicide rate high among children adopted by homosexuals" thread but the exact post wasn't specified. I could have had other warnings that I don't know about but I had been offline a day or two so not sure what else it could be. I can only surmise it was the post in which I admitted to coaching my children to torment the poor orphans who've been adopted by homosexuals, after I give them their daily serial killer lesson. Of course I wrote that after another member openly stated that I, Bombeni, was personally responsible for the suicides of countless young gay people, and another one had posted that Christians create serial killers. I didn't notice any of those posts being tweeked by mods.

I fully expect to be banned for posting this, so just let me say before I go, to whomever is listening, that I really enjoyed ATS, and I admit I will miss it a lot. Sometimes, though, a person has to stand for something. Let it be said that I took a stand for freedom of speech.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by novacs4me]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferginator

This is rediculous you people really think christians are out to destroy the world

No but without it their prophesies won't come true, so perhaps it's a cas of destruction by proxy.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by novacs4me

I can only surmise it was the post in which I admitted to coaching my children to torment the poor orphans who've been adopted by homosexuals, after I give them their daily serial killer lesson.

Perhaps that's why Bombeni and I got along in a weird way, I found that quite amusing , let's hope it's only a temporary posting ban.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Well another perfectly good scientific thread has receieved the dubious benefit of another bible quoter's contribution. I will be ignoring it and hope everyone else does. Ignoring does not work unless everyone does so.

I would like to ignore every Bible quoter here but there may be a chance that they may actual contribute something secular but very interesting....

I do find bible quoters irritating. it is rather daft to interrupt a complex thread with some quote from the bible when more rigorous debate is needed.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

Scientific thread? You're kidding right? Since when does science mean belief system bashing via broad brush generalization?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by novacs4me

This probably isn't the place to discuss someone's banning. To me it sounds perfectly worthy of it's own thread. Though if (s)he really meant "Suicide rate high among children adopted by homosexuals" then I'm a little insulted but non the less insulted by a view that a person is allowed to have. It's as they say, everyone has the right to make a fool of themselves.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparkey76
Not sure how to reply to this.

President George W. Bush on Gog and Magog

The French ex-President Jacques Chirac recounted during an interview with the French journalist Jean-Claude Maurice how the U.S. President George Walker Bush asked him in 2003 during a phone conversation for support of the invasion of Iraq. In Maurice's book Si vous le répétez, je démentirai George W. Bush is documented to have said “Gog and Magog are at work in the Middle East", "The biblical prophecies are being fulfilled", and "This confrontation is willed by God, who wants to use this conflict to erase his people’s enemies before a New Age begins.

en.wikipedia.org...

Gog and Magog are guardians of London.

Now who is Gog and Magog?

You are somewhere on the right track Sparkey. Much has been made crooked, but people are not used to truth and it's taking a long time for them to get used to the light. By the time they smell the gas, the match will be on the point of being struck, and then it will be too late.

In the teaching of the Nazarenes, the followers of the philosophy known as The Way, of which Joshua Ben Miriam was high teacher in his time, the meaning of Gog and Magog, simply meant "good" and "evil", not some pair of individuals, as the Bible has been interpreted as meaning.
Having said that, the Nazarene prophecies do make reference to the "two cross-eyed kings who would lead mankind to destruction". Both George W Bush and Tony Blair are cross-eyed, funily enough, and as we watch the drama of religious and political fundamentalism rise since the invasion of Iraq, then there just might be something in it.

Pentacular

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

Well another perfectly good scientific thread has receieved the dubious benefit of another bible quoter's contribution.
You wanna discuss the christian agenda and yet not include the bible? That would be like wanting to discuss last years elections and not talk about politics! You call this a scientific thread, and you have the master scientist (God), and do not include his book of biological symbols(the bible)?

The master and creator of dna, the planets, micro-organisms, and even bacteria, and you don't wanna discuss it at full length? LOL amazing....

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

You appear to have blind faith in that statement though there is proof contrary to this.

There is no statement in the bible that faith is belief in things not proven or provable, or lacking any evidence, rather the contrary. As for the words that are translated to faith they don't convey this thought either but rather the opposite.

There's no blind-faith in that statement at all.

Faith is absolutely the belief in things that's not proven. The fact that you believe in God, despite the fact he hasn't shown himself evident to you is purely under the banner of faith.

You do not know for a fact that God exist, you only hold the belief he does exist.

The word "faith", translated from the Greek πιστις (pi'stis), was primarily used in the New Testament with the Greek perfect tense and translates as a noun-verb hybrid; which is not adequately conveyed by the English noun. Pi'stis in the New Testament context is a physical action, based upon a mental belief and sustained with confidence. Belief, in this context is non-synonymous with faith because, belief primarily conveys the mental action, thought of confidence, trust, and/or firm persuasion, not the physical act. Depending on the context, the Greek word may also be understood to mean "faithfulness" or "fidelity" (cf. 1 Thess 3:7; Titus 2:10); indeed, Karl Barth consistently translates "pistis" as "the faithfulness of God" in his commentary Epistle to the Romans.

Commenting on the function of faith in relation to the covenant of God, the writer of the letter to the Hebrews says, "Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen" (Heb 11:1 ESV). Υποστασις (hy-po'sta-sis), translated "assurance" here, commonly appears in ancient papyrus business documents, conveying the idea that a covenant is an exchange of assurances which guarantees the future transfer of possessions described in the contract. In view of this, James Hope Moulton and George Milligan suggest the rendering: "Faith is the title deed of things hoped for" (Vocabulary of the Greek Testament, 1963, p. 660). The Greek word e´leg-khos, rendered "conviction" at Hebrews 11:1 (ESV), conveys the idea of bringing forth evidence that demonstrates something, particularly something contrary to what appears to be the case. Thereby this evidence makes clear what has not been discerned before and so refutes what has only appeared to be the case. This evidence for conviction is so positive or powerful that faith is said to be it. Christian faith, described in these terms, is not synonymous with credulity.

Nothing here says that faith is a belief in something unprovable or lacking any evidence. The common understanding of the Christian doctrine of faith does not coincide with the meaning of the Greek words used to translate into faith. Not that the Greek or English words themselves don't but the common understanding of the doctrine doesn't. So in that sense I have no faith in your assessment since you have no proof to back it up. How about some evidence? You want evidence why not give it when you make assertions?

It seems this passage is ignorant to the distinction between Facts and beliefs. Something is either a fact or it's fiction, there's no "In the Middle" or any other logic similar to that.

Secondly, you can have all the assurance in the world that you're going to win the lottery, but this assurance doesn't increase your chances of winning. Considering the possibility that 10,000 other people having the same amount of assurance as you do of winning this lottery, pretty much mean you're deluding yourself. At the end of the day your "assurance" still hangs under the banner of faith.

The definition of faith is being perverted, and passages like this seem more like a scapegoat for the Christians.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by GrandKitaro777]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

I find that the atheists quote scripture,out of context,to
further their agenda.So, the christians are not the only
Bible thumpers here.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Funny how the writer of this thread would have us all believe the way he does (hence the post).
Hypocrites are everywhere!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

Actually, I don't care one way or the other. I have a problem with people shoving (and legislating) their beliefs on me and on others. But that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of this thread. And where exactly is the hypocracy you speak of????

Now get back to me once you actually have something intelligent to say... I'll probably be waiting a loooooooong time...

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Here is the original sentence.

"Well another perfectly good scientific thread has receieved the dubious benefit of another bible quoter's contribution. "

Why don't you please try to grasp the entire concept of my post. It isn't a big post. I would happily engage with you in a sensible debate. You have responded badly to a small part of my thread and have therefore takn it out of context.

Let me ask you this.

Suppose if someone started a thread on Biblical history. and I kept disrupting the thread by making repeated comments by quoting my huge number of hindu experiences would you not feel irritated? Especially if the thread was being derailed.

Please I disagree withthe one line rule but if you are going to do so just make then funny.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

I find that the atheists quote scripture,out of context,to further their agenda
[/quot]

Really M ? Pleas provide an example. xtians often qote the bibles out of context when they find a text they don't like or don't understand.

Her's an example , jesus says -

But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Christians make a big fuss about how this is supposed to be part of a parable ie, jesus didn't really mean it like that to do this they have to somehow change the obvious context of the parable ie jesus was referring to himself, he meant what he said.

Who is the final arbiter M? the pastor or cleric ? Or if it's up to the individual reader to decide from themselves what then is the purpose of clergy and churches?

Part of the xtian agenda it would appear is for xtians to set them selves up as some sort of bogus youth workers and wander the streets preying on young people whose parenting they don't happen to agree with.

How you getting on with your study of hell M ? Surely you've finished by now ?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

I haven't had a chance to do any research!
I don't know if I will get to it until next week.
You will have to take a number and wait your
turn.Do you realize you are sounding like my
husband? Have you got it done yet? My answer
is no,I haven't even started!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by Ferginator

This is rediculous you people really think christians are out to destroy the world

No but without it their prophesies won't come true, so perhaps it's a cas of destruction by proxy.

What do you mean without IT their prophesies won't come true

What is IT? you mean christianity? Listen prophecies are nothing to fear if you are referring to revaltions or something like that. I don't think the end of the world is going to happen anytime soon. We are not trying to scare anyone into our religion. Christians are just followers of christ, but GOD LOVES ALL even those who don't except him. He wants us to enjoy life we have on this earth. If you live if fear you thinking people are out to get you and other stuff you won't realize all the good things you have in life. You people need to relax be happy life is too short live with fear and anger. Come on if you ever read to bible you will know god is many things. And he doesn't say you have to be a christian or you will burn in hell that is some stupid thing someone made up, its not true. You and me and all people can live a happy life christians try to make the world better with love but few mis-understand or mis-use the bible's saying to their belief.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join