It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The TRUE Evil: The Christian Agenda

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Oops! Double post. My apologies.

[edit on 1-3-2010 by WTFover]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Yet another attack on Christianity and religion in general under the guise of war-mongering controlling institutions.

Do you believe man would be frollicking in the proverbial garden of eden without the evil agenda of religion?

It is clear what the underlying sentiment in this thread.

Religion = bad
Atheism = good

Religious followers = sheep
Atheist = awake

Religious = dumb
Atheist = smart

This argument fails every time.

Thread after thread after thread. The conclusion?

Those who believe, still believe
Those who don't, still don't

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I agree that MOST organised religion has become self serving. Do I believe christianity is the NWO, no. All I can say is my belief has brought me through some very bad times in my life. I cannot imagine believing that we turn to dust upon death and vanish from existence.

Also, if you are such a logical scientist, you would not be so agressively insulting to an entire religious system. Your comments are nothing but hateful.

[edit on 1-3-2010 by Ragnarok691]

[edit on 1-3-2010 by Ragnarok691]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

I didn't find Jesus.....he found me. I was haunted by demons awhile back and it got pretty bad, I called on Jesus and upon saying some of Jesus' own words, I noticed that the demons would flee.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. "
-Friedrich Nietzsche

I know that a myriad of other bibles out there tend to be very close to the wordage of the bible that came before them....the Christian Bible. Alot of them come even dangerously close to plagierism.

Well actually, I hate to break this to you but much of the Bible was plagiarised from the ancient Egyptian texts, because the Torah inherited a lot of it's material from the Zoroastrians, who intern evolved from ancient Egyptian sects.

I know that no other religeon has GODs son that died for them.

Allow my friend, Stephen Fry, tell you something very important here. (skip past the introduction to 2:30).

lol. Read a book on ancient history or something. The idea of god sacrificing a son for the sins of man isn't uncommon at all, nor is a lot of the themes in your bible, which is not to be unexpected when a lot of religious myths originate from interpretations of the Zodiac. Oral traditions get handed down over the generations and evolve as the errors compile with each retelling, and before long you have an array of religions in a similar area with similar beliefs which then spread to other regions of the world inspiring new religions. It's a natural consequence of how man's mind works.

I know that no other religion can claim that when their saviour died that time itself stopped....and then restarted (BC "Before Christ" - AD "Anno Domini".....in the year of our Lord)

You have 1 calendar (among many) that was made in the 4th century by committee to retroactively Mark the birth of your Christ, not his death. Biblical scholars place the birth year of your christ at 4BCE, and his death somewhere around 30CE. BC is commonly translated as before christ but AD doesn't mean after death or indeed have anything to do with his death, otherwise there would be a 30 year gap between BC and AD.

So about Christmas. It's said to be the birthday of your jewish zombie saviour, but that claim is also made for new years day - it can't be both. Since no one knows at which time of year that jesus was allegedly born, no one can say, specifically you.

If I am wrong, I have lost nothing still.

Not true for if you are wrong, you will probably end up in someone elses' hell (since all religions are equally valid and plausible).

[edit on 2-3-2010 by Welfhard]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by PowerSlave

It is clear what the underlying sentiment in this thread.

Religion = bad
Atheism = good

Religious followers = sheep
Atheist = awake

Religious = dumb
Atheist = smart

This argument fails every time.

Thread after thread after thread. The conclusion?

Those who believe, still believe
Those who don't, still don't

Urm, I think you don't realise that Jaxon is a Wicken, not an atheist. He states he believes in an Einsteinian type god.

[edit on 1-3-2010 by Welfhard]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I actually made it through your first 100 words or so before I began to laugh, and then feel sorry for you and your ignorance. There is no christian agenda to control earth, never has been. Now, there are and have been people who, in the name of christianity tried to control the earth, and are still trying to this very day to accomplish this feat.

Jesus walked this earth and came to establish a "relationship", not any religion. Also, the word christian is a compilation of phrases which originated out of the greek and latin dictionaries. The word christ, according to the greeks at that time meant someone of great power and or governance. This included kings and other various people who were in power and or control in those days.

Then after Jesus came, the roman catholics added the suffix "ian" to the word christ, thus making the word christian, which meant, when applied to Jesus' situation, "a follower of".

So please, if you're gonna spew, at least know what you're talking about, because theyre's a lot of christians who are nothing like the ones you are depicting here at all! I take no offence at your posting, for I know you are doing what you think is right and proper. I will however, pray for you!

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by PowerSlave

You say that's what it all boils down to, huh. Well, uh,I'll have you to know that I'm not an atheist. I actually believe in God.However, I do not believe in the institution of religion nor its doctrines. I believe the only path to the ultimate truth is through study and contemplation.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ragnarok691

I agree that MOST organised religion has become self serving. Do I believe christianity is the NWO, no.

I am seriously beginning to wonder if Islam and Christianity won't be the enforcers of the NWO.... I really am.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by thewind

Well, those who can see what is going on in the world today will pray for you as well. You're trying to say that this phoney "war on terrorism" isn't a religious war between Islam and Christianity in order to usurp even more control over people's spiritual life? Is that what you are trying to convince those who know better of? Pfffft.

Here's a thread I am sure you and your Muslim friends will surely enjoy!! Birds of a feather truly flock together. Islamic and Christian attempt

Read it and weep.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

JR, although I usually respect your opinion, for what it is worth, I'm not impressed with what you have done here ... more to the point how you have done it.

I understand your frustration, and your point of view, but your method for expressing them is very cruel and demeaning. You come off saying ALL Christians are the same, and that they are basically idiots following an idiotic religion with idiotic ideals.

So, I haven't read the whole thread, and I'm not going to. As it is the same argument from the same people who post on Christianity threads, I've heard it all before.

What I would like to add though... I do not believe for one minute that the OP has posted in the manner described above. Maybe people feel offended when the word "sheeple" is mentioned...although, there seems to be no problem when your pastor labels you as part of a flock that must obey or be ready to receive the wrath of god?

As far as I can see, the OP is the truth and nothing but the truth. Just a quick look at history. If you feel that he is generalizing, & that you are not like that or would never even think of committing such acts (as a Christian)... then it is strange. Because you follow the very people and belief system that supported such acts/crimes.

I have witnessed first hand how Christians act on this forum, and their words and actions especially their tone, is everything but the vision they paint as 'Christianity'. In life, I have experienced the same. If you learn, or explore alternate possibilities - "Satan is trying to occupy your mind". I think one example is enough...

Christians use the intimidation tactic, that fills one with fear. I have experienced this first hand as well. And I am sorry, but that is something I will not stand for ever again.

I have an idea. Our demise has been prophesied in the Bible and from the look of things we are right on track. The Muslims and the Christians and the Jews are all fighting and creating wars. In the name of their God and religion.

Our demise been and passed before biblical times (Sumerian,etc) it seems to be a bad habit for human kind. And then again if the Bible is correct, with the great flood.

Someone mentioned to me once- "what happened before the bible times? there must have been something..." People seem to forget all the ancient civilizations that predate (according to biblical time lines) Adam and Eve... and the 'creation of Earth'.

Too many questions, too few logical answers from Christianity. And as a small child I was humiliated in Sunday school for asking a question similar to the one above... I got sent out & banned from the class.

Now, how Christian is that?

edit for grammar

[edit on 23/01/2010 by jinx880101]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
K, this is like addressing homosexuality from an opposing viewpoint---first, absolute ignorance is teh fist thing that must be addressed--- people always address christianity from the perspective of the cahtolic church-- the catholic church is pagan in very repsect---it is not christianity as most poeple belive it to be--the3 roman catholic thruch comes from the greeks, and the greeks comes from the pedes and persians who defeated the babylonians---all are the same spiritually---christianity was taken over from teh roman catholic church in around 376 or whatever ad when pagan rome became papal rome and adompted christian ideas to roman/grecko/babylonian ideaology---here is where the the beast power and her doaugheters became falsely known as christian--and now everyone believes that the catholic church, the beast power of daniel and reveleations, is the christian church--- christ even spoke of this deamon that called out his name name, and addressed others, that jsut because you say lord lord does not mean you will be saved--only those who vollow his principles, just because the catholic church has adopted the nanme chrictian doesnt mean it is chricstian, the bible is in total counter to the catholic church--the varican, the little horn that uprooted 3 horns, look it up in history it is plain to see search who the vactic uprooted 3 european nations of the book of daniel--whatexactly does jesus the christ represent is another thing--it seems all roads lead to the kabala, jesus represents the tiphareth, the hightest aspect that man can acheive in the physical body, but this is getting beyond me and condemned by most of you, for it is the very thing that the catholics believe--- the world is far more comlplex than i can undrstand, but my scope is far beyond many of those who subscribe to this site--lean of the true history of the world before jsut posting your simple minded qualms about the world, most of them arent yours but onese that have been implanted in your head without any thought, inquiry, or investigation.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
God will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you can handle if you call upon him--there are spiritual worlds, the bible talks of them and they are frightening to most people who have to traverse them in ignrorance--you can call upon the name of jesus in any form and you will be protected fromn what you are not ready to experience--but those who move beyond these bounderies will find that there is a world beyond this one--only those prepaed for it will seek it and only those strong enogh will traverse it---most worsip this physical world then deny being pagan--they worshp the physical christ and ignore the spiritual that he was directing us towards---many worship the idol called jesus, as oppsosed to the ideal of jesus--the universe is not phsical, physical is all about the go, you die you live taht is it--this is not the reality beyond the rality-- those who are ready will enter the world beyond, those who are not will incarnate again and again until they are---reincarnation is not percieved as a christian doctrine but that is not relivant, God will not condemn you just because others will--seek ye first the kingdom of god and all things will be added unto you--cast off false idols, seek morality, not mortality, and you will find the true life

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Excellent - article!

Organized religion is the opium for the Masses & TRUE SPIRITUALITY "comes from within" - Illumination - True INNER LIGHT!

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by skerlok

Saying that the Catholic Church isn't Christian is like saying that a BMW isn't a car because it doesn't resemble Ford's model T.

Doesn't work like that. I shouldn't have to remind you that they made the common christian bible. What you believe about Jesus - his life, teachings, values and commands was determined by them when they chose which books to include in the cannon. Catholicism begot Protestantism, a new style of Christian belief but identical in base materials.

IF you guys were to make your own cannon, then you might have something but at the end of the day you're both still sects of Judaism.

I love the sheer irony that Christian anti-Catholicism has; it's by it's nature oxymoronic. If Catholicism is somehow wrong then that err is compounded each time there is a splintering of the church (now in the quadruple digits).

Also two more things: What has homosexuality got to do with anything? and could you please refrain from writing in walls of text. Structure your message into whole sentences and paragraphs. And for the love of god, spellcheck.

reply to post by jinx880101

Too many questions, too few logical answers from Christianity. And as a small child I was humiliated in Sunday school for asking a question similar to the one above... I got sent out & banned from the class.

Join the club. I also found out that they don't like questions about other planets, aliens & dinosaurs,

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
reply to post by The Riley Family

Obviously, you, ya'll, whatever, have no real understanding of the history of your faith. Typical. I'm not even slightly surprised.

Christianity was a derivative of Judaism and Judaic law. Let's have a look see at what the laws for the sabbath were:

1-8
That is not even one-tenth of the restrictions!!

So it appears you are a dodger fan. You either tend to misunderstand out of ignorance or turn a blind eye out of fear. Again you seem to keep bringing up this sabbath thing and how NOTHING can be done which is far from truth. The Messiah himself healed, walked, talked, ate, allowed eating food that was picked, rested, and said Mark 2:27 He said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.

God does not offer restriction but offers freedom. That is why he says the truth shall set you free. However the non-believers or even those who falsley claim they believe do not see his freedom as freedom but rather bondage. You also have pointed out that waking up in the morning is sinning and again we answer with this

Ezekiel 3:21 Nevertheless if you warn the righteous man, that the righteous not sin, and he does not sin, he shall surely live, because he took warning; and you have delivered your soul.

1 John 3:7 Little children, let no one lead you astray. He who does righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. 3:8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. To this end the Son of God was revealed, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 3:9 Whoever is born of God doesn’t commit sin, because his seed remains in him; and he can’t sin, because he is born of God. 3:10 In this the children of God are revealed, and the children of the devil.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by The Riley Family]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

Doesn't work like that. I shouldn't have to remind you that they made the common christian bible. What you believe about Jesus - his life, teachings, values and commands was determined by them when they chose which books to include in the cannon. Catholicism begot Protestantism, a new style of Christian belief but identical in base materials. IF you guys were to make your own cannon, then you might have something but at the end of the day you're both still sects of Judaism.

Well said.. I was pondering the same thoughts earlier.
You put it together well.

It is funny how Christianity loves to put down the Catholic belief system when it is in fact the very belief system they stem from.

"- what is asserted without reason may be denied without reason"
It's good to make people think.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

Thank you, Jinx. Comparative Religion and religion history is somewhat of a pet fascination of mine, ever since I deconverted anyway. For your enjoyment, I'll show you the full image from my last post.

i602.photobucket.com...

Teehee ^^

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by Ragnarok691

I agree that MOST organised religion has become self serving. Do I believe christianity is the NWO, no.

I am seriously beginning to wonder if Islam and Christianity won't be the enforcers of the NWO.... I really am.

Of course it is, but that is nothing to fear. Even with the leader of this being the head of their church. That is why jesus adds up to 616 and 666 the crucifix. It is also why he says come out of her my children. The first NWO is only a precurser to the real NWO with God being the Lord over it, along with his chosen ones of course. So why would a true believer fear this? They wouldn't, but they rather yearn for it to come for it is proof of better things ahead.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by The Riley Family

So why would a true believer fear this? They wouldn't, but they rather yearn for it to come for it is proof of better things ahead.

This is why you people scare me. You believe the things in an ancient tome on faith alone - faith being belief without evidence - and then admit to yearning an event which is equatable to the then of the world, some to the extent on hurrying it along. You foolhardily do not consider that your baseless beliefs may be wrong and the consequences thereof. I personally would rather the bombs didn't fall that you very much!

But none of those groups follow after the cannon they claim to believe in anyway. If they wrote it why don't they follow it? They do however follow after their doctrines, which they did write but which are completely anti-scriptural.

Once again, they determined what scripture is. In the end, because of that fact, it doesn't really matter what they do or do not do, they determined what future christians would believe with blind faith to be the truth.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jinx880101
reply to post by Welfhard

Doesn't work like that. I shouldn't have to remind you that they made the common christian bible. What you believe about Jesus - his life, teachings, values and commands was determined by them when they chose which books to include in the cannon. Catholicism begot Protestantism, a new style of Christian belief but identical in base materials. IF you guys were to make your own cannon, then you might have something but at the end of the day you're both still sects of Judaism.

Well said.. I was pondering the same thoughts earlier.
You put it together well.

It is funny how Christianity loves to put down the Catholic belief system when it is in fact the very belief system they stem from.

"- what is asserted without reason may be denied without reason"
It's good to make people think.

But none of those groups follow after the cannon they claim to believe in anyway. If they wrote it why don't they follow it? They do however follow after their doctrines, which they did write but which are completely anti-scriptural.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join