It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The TRUE Evil: The Christian Agenda

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by phishna

www.ekklesia.co.uk...

Funny because 200 christians were arrested for protesting the iraq war.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BillfromCovina

It is difficult to attempt to prove the fallacy of the Bible account, by offering as evidence, equally disputed writings, which are known to be incomplete. Even the Jewish Encyclopedia admits his chronicles are "curtailed".

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover
reply to post by BillfromCovina

It is difficult to attempt to prove the fallacy of the Bible account, by offering as evidence, equally disputed writings, which are known to be incomplete. Even the Jewish Encyclopedia admits his chronicles are "curtailed".

All you need to do is list one historian who lived and wrote history of Jesus Christ during his time. Any that I list, you will try and discredit. There are none. A man who could raise the dead, heal the sick, walk on water, would be a significant figure. He would also be significant because Herod went to such efforts, according to the bible, to have him killed. He was also opposed by the ruling religious figures who insisted on having him killed. Why no mention? Lets not forget the dead rising from the grave and walking about after his execution. That sounds like a significant event in history. The story is just the retelling of older myths. Its purpose was to create a dominant religion to control people. It is not true.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

The version arguement is a fallacious simply because Xtians say that the bible is the word of god. How can all versions of the bible be the word of god. I am happiest with the interlinear translation as it is one of the oldest.

So does the Xtian god have the spiritual equivalent of multiple personality disorder? I believe that this is not the case but have no proof. I believe that the bible is the word of MAN. God never wrote the bible.

T

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

In hell there is no hope of ever leaving it.You would be tormented,day
and night, for an eternity.Surrounded by evil entities that hate you and
delight in your pain and suffering.Is this what you really want?
Believe it or not,that is your choice.I don't want to see anyone suffer in
a devil's hell,that includes you as well.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

Hell was invented by xtianity to answer some hard questions that the less brainwashed laity had M . Yawheh did not have such a place set aside for anyone the closest to be found in the OT was a rubbish dump.

I'm a bit short of time to type on but here's some information to educate you further on hell -

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

M, did you deliberately switch off and plug your ears ? Hell is imaginary it was invented by "Men" it is not real you have been told a load of nonsense to keep you in fear.

Don't believe me ? prove me wrong read the portions of the bibles that John Armstrong is reading from .

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Two main things stand out at ATS:

1)anti-Christian

2)PRO-Homosexual

Agenda, did you say?

Here is a newflash for the whole bunch of you:

1) There are still more Christians than you can even begin to fathom, as many of them actually have to hide their belief in fear of their life, and

2) Homosexuality will never, not in your or my lifetime, be the perfectly morally acceptable behavior that your agenda touts it to be.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Edit to add: Yes here at ATS homosexuality has an upper hand and we Christians are just step-children, but let me assure you most fervently that ATS doesn't come even close to representing real life.

In case you need a reality check, count the number of Reptilian threads.... Hahahaha

Here's one for ya, chosen totally at random: KKK Wear Hoods to Hide That They're Reptillians
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are about 87 more pages on Reptilians to choose from---not 87 threads, that's 87 PAGES of threads. So, when you have all sorts of "people" agreeing with you, you might want to do a little background check.

I know, that's not very Christian of me --- Reptilians need love too.

Hahahaha, I gotta go shut my door, the business down the hall may start thinking I'm having a nervous breakdown in here.

[edit on 1-3-2010 by Bombeni]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

Well yeah it never says anywhere that the bible is the word of god. In fact there are verses in the bible that explicitly state what is being said is NOT the word of god. Personally i feel if you are going to use the bible for an argument you should present it in its full context so as to avoid quote mining. Personally i have found that the bible has only obstructed my understanding of god.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DeathShield

To understand God you need to understand God on your own terms. Pick a meditation system that suits your temperment and sit with a meditation teacher I am sure that you will have a number of mystical experiences that may point ot a religous experience.

I tried it and got it for me. I cannot see any reason to force my experiences onto anyone.

Why can't these people just back up. I don't want to be bothered by them.

T

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

To understand God you must understand him on his own term. Some Christians follow the bible word for word. I however, read for the great teachings. You could be one of two types of people:

1) Pessimist
2)Optimist

You could read between the lines not knowing how people lived in those days. Or, you could simply read teachings that help change your life for the better.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I'm glad someone finally said something. This website appears to have been contaminated by all the close minded and outdated religious ideologies lately. So many hateful posts towards gays, no-religious people, the government (which is close related to religion, though it shouldn't be) and so on.

I don't really think their is an agenda but I think I see what the topic creator try to do here, so I will use this space to vent about religion. Lately, I see religion as the biggest evil to ever strike this planet. I think its clear to see that religion has no place in this world anymore and it has to be terminated. It had a good run. Religion, in general, had more than enough time in our lives to try and mold society into something better, however it has failed miserably at that. If anything, it had made our lives all the more difficult (I speak generally, as I'm thankful that my life is pretty good but I see the damaged done by it all around me).

I'm glad to see such a boost towards the atheist movement lately. People are no longer embarrassed of claiming they are one like it was on past. People seem to be thinking more clearly and we are slowly walking towards a religion free world. I wont be alive to see it but I try to take some comfort on knowing that at least I witnessed the beginning of the end (of religion).

may god B.less indeed!

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

Well tiger i am an agnostic theist. I have found my truth via Jesus Christ. Or at least something that identified itself as jesus christ. As for your path, i feel it is not for me or anyone else to say what is right or wrong. I can hold opinion, but i don't think i should proselytize per se. It just pisses me off to see atheists and theists launching hate filled salvo at eachother via acerbic wording and information gathered via negativity biases. When people say " christians need to be stopped" or " atheists have no morals" it pisses me off. Unfortunately on this website it seems far more people hate christianity, christians and religions, spirtuality, the very concept of gods.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
LOL!!! I LOVE it when guys post with such authority but at every point show they haven't the first clue what they're talking about... The original poster would be better spent saying no to drugs and take up basket weaving... ;-)

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fanatic
I'm glad someone finally said something. This website appears to have been contaminated by all the close minded and outdated religious ideologies lately. So many hateful posts towards gays, no-religious people, the government (which is close related to religion, though it shouldn't be) and so on.

I don't really think their is an agenda but I think I see what the topic creator try to do here, so I will use this space to vent about religion. Lately, I see religion as the biggest evil to ever strike this planet. I think its clear to see that religion has no place in this world anymore and it has to be terminated. It had a good run. Religion, in general, had more than enough time in our lives to try and mold society into something better, however it has failed miserably at that. If anything, it had made our lives all the more difficult (I speak generally, as I'm thankful that my life is pretty good but I see the damaged done by it all around me).

I'm glad to see such a boost towards the atheist movement lately. People are no longer embarrassed of claiming they are one like it was on past. People seem to be thinking more clearly and we are slowly walking towards a religion free world. I wont be alive to see it but I try to take some comfort on knowing that at least I witnessed the beginning of the end (of religion).

may god B.less indeed!

Yes but you also once asked the question: "what if aliens are actually humans from a distant future? The evolved version of humans?"

Well, what IF they were?

You never really made your point.

[edit on 1-3-2010 by Bombeni]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

1) There are still more Christians than you can even begin to fathom, as many of them actually have to hide their belief in fear of their life, and

Who exactly are you talking at big boy, anyone in particular or everyone that doesn't think like you ?

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Yes but you also once asked the question: "what if aliens are actually humans from a distant future? The evolved version of humans?"

Apparently none of the alleged abductees have reported grays wearing a crucifix, or brandishing a bible. Interestingly enough the do seem to have an unhealthy interest in anal probing though.

Can't be your lot from the future surely,unless heaven is full of smurfs.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I will state up front - I do not agree with your post -God exists and He sent His only begotten Son (our Lord Jesus Christ) to redeem mankind (buy us back from the wages of sin) -

now if you had replaced Christianity with churchianity, I would think harder about your points - there is much to be said about power and control by churches -
but you attack our Lord Jesus Christ - and I understand why - You just don't get it -

satan is the god of this world and satan deceives the whole world -

Jesus Christ is God made man - He died for us and by His death redeemed us of our sins - it is very simple - repent and believe in our Lord Jesus Christ and strive to live your life according to his teachings - follow the 10 commandments - as He said the 2 greatest commandments which encompass all of the 10 are
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'[a] 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

In other words, we must become holy - if we did this, our world would truly become the kingdom of God - but it is instead ruled by satan -

You are not helping by attacking Christianity - you are falling into the same trap as many who call themselves Christians fall into - Jesus Chris is God and God is love - Satan is hate -

There are 2 forces at work in this universe - good and evil - Jesus Christ is good - I give you a challenge - read the new testament - then read it again - then meditate on it - then read it again - that is my challenge to you.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The reason why I took part in this thread was to try to give Xtians a sensation of their own bigotry, smugness (about what I have no idea) and general inhumanity. The world is coming to a tipping point. all bigotry and misplacesd authoritarianism is wrong.

Tell me Xtians how does it feel to be attacked and reviled because of your religion??

What have you learnt form the experience?

T

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by visitor-mc

God exists and He sent His only begotten Son (our Lord Jesus Christ) to redeem mankind (buy us back from the wages of sin) -

What the hell kind of reason is that ?

Yahweh creates people, then he tells them not to act in a manner that he created . Then knowing that they wouldn't listen because he created them to listen or not to listen, he changes his name to jesus.

He comes down to earth and gets that which he created to kill him this would somehow get them not to act in a way he didn't like but nevertheless created to begin with.

Having got himself killed which would be impossible for an omnipotent being, he realizes that he must have had amnesia and forgot he was omnipotent. So he turns up again 3 days later says hi then disappears back into the sky with all the other gods.

What complete and utter hogwash, and you tell this stuff to children !!! My god no wonder the world is in such bad shape.

Dude if your god is real it created sin !!!

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join