It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The TRUE Evil: The Christian Agenda

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

I'm sorry I'm going to have to get back to you tomorrow, been in meetings all afternoon and headed out the door to meet people for dinner. I'm not ignoring you; I have a full and concise answer to your and any other questions here, haven't had time to read the rest of the thread.

There are just so many hours in the day.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

Christ dude Merthyr ? Were you lost
And they let you out ?

According to christians it is the godlessness that has turned Merthyr into the arctic Beirut, personally I think it's just a lack of money and too many drugs and alcohol.

Did you see the Mormon church at the top of town ? I've been in there , their desperate for souls of valley youth, no chance , can't wear a hoodie and get baptized. Well not unless you get baptized a jedi of course.

Xtianity is positively desperate in the area and is petrified of an influx of muslims.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

My final solution? I don't have one. As I stated before, I won't be here on the day where religion has been eradicated. I suppose I believe (hope?) that at some point society will simply stop believing and I think we have taken big steps towards that goal. Religion has slowly been taken out of schools and secularism is in a all time high. It appears we are trying to cut religion on its roots, making it harder for future generations to be influenced by it.

It also helps that religion has become such a mockery of our society lately.

I actually came across this TODAY and I suppose is relevant to our discussion. I sure hope that man is right.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

wow shocking but so much hate is this post!

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Hmmm quite interesting. Thank you for finally putting something up that points to cause of an underlying control base. However, I do not fully agree.

Although Religion HAS been used for many ages as a tool for control, I have to disagree on the part where you mention a "Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your Master...". That is what the man of the Church wants people to believe. Not what actually is. I can tell you now, a lot of the teachings of The Christ were very deep and simple. Yet because of the muddled minds of mankind, they chose to make of it what they wanted. They cannot perceive anything as simple as the teachings of a man who was essentially...a worker of light. It would be like you sitting on a rock, with a multitude of people (myself included) gathered all around you, listening to your every word. Yet I, among all those listening, choose to dictate and write in my take on it, and kind of twist your words into something that works to lead the masses by their noses where I want them to go. And from that point on, like flies to cow manure, it caught on. And took on a more dominant approach than even I then would have imagined.

On another note, a lot of the words the Bible has within it are both true, and twisted. Which we can thank the ancestors for in whole. And explains a lot as to why people get so darn confused about it. Mankind are not perfect, and cannot possibly understand in their slumber, therefore, try and make what they will of what they see or THINK they know...when in fact, they know just as much as a snail knows. They pick apart and add in the blanks what they will. Because mankind do not know how to truthfully fill in those blanks. They do not (and have never) conceived of anything they heard, or seen. So, they make a picture of their own to fill more lies to the masses.

It was not the teachings of Jesus that misguided people. It WAS the people (man) who misguided the teachings of Jesus to mankind as a whole! And if you did not conform to the ways of man (The Beast), then you face watching your family die (in whatever way they deemed fit). Tribesmen over time, did not want their women and children to be killed, so out of fear...they became passive to the will of another man, who had already presented himself with a higher power. Appointing himself judge, jury AND godlike in a sense.

Sad but true. So, I disagree with the finger pointing blame toward someone who was a good teacher, and had a powerful message to share with mankind here. Yet, there were those in pseudo-power at the time, who did not like where this was going. They knew the teachings were true, and knew where it was taking the people as well. So they had to rectify the problem (i.e. Jesus) and accuse him of all kinds of rediculous charges, which lead to his death. He knew this would happen, based on what The One had told him prior to his descension here as one of us.

Honey, there is a God. Just not what mankind has told people over all this time. They twisted it all up to use for their own selfish needs. Do we really believe any God would have any use for monetary gain? Hell no! Think about that, and compare it to our current monetary system today. They've placed themself up as Gods. And now, will have to pay for all of the twisted lies they have told. "Unaware, they spread lies... They follow Old Words... They are not here... Question all... Question everything..."

And yes we must question everything! Otherwise, how would we find the truth in it's rarest and rawest form? Sadly, the Church knows, and STILL will not tell it's followers today. So, Karma will follow suit. And they will be one of the first to be reckoned with, I am sure.

[edit on 1-3-2010 by Persephone1]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Very good post, The only ones that will disagree with any thing you have said, are the ones that are still walking around with there eyes closed. Everything you said is true, and the more people that snap out of there state, the better.
Already if you have not notice there are more and more people waking up from there long sleep, Which I see as a very good thing.

All I can say to all these people that want to argue the point, that you can keep on arguing, it's going to get you no where, people are already waking up to all the lies that have been told for so long.

The best way if people do wish to wake, is keeping away from this mind control box, they have been using so long now. TV. This was deliberately design for is soul purpose for Christianity, to keep the fear spreading globally not locally.

I am one that never fell for this trap, and see what it has done to my parents and friends around me. I think it it just disgraceful, that so many people fell for this deception. Shame on humans, shame.

I still think a lot of people think the old ways, "if you can't bet them join them"
This is a huge deception to all humans, and it's time for humans to start making there own choices and using there own mind. Not someone else's thoughts and choices coming from a box, that has told nothing but lies since it came out. pupaganda.com...

Love Peace and enlightenment to all

[edit on 1-3-2010 by Trappedinspace]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I think I can see something of both sides of the story, for want of a better word, with both of them being at least partly justifiable, but they both end up in the same place: division.

On the one hand you have certain people who genuinely want to do what is "right and good", and they see no relevance in the idea of deities in doing just that i.e. doing right for the sake of what's right, with nothing in mind but the idea of mutual benefit. At the same time, they rightly think that it's only fair that they also benefit from common effort in the pursuit of doing what is right and humane, so there is no undue element of selfishness there. Which, to my thinking, is fair and reasonable, so long as it remains in balance, and doesn't become a belief in the idea of them being “right” all the time, as a sort of crusader, setting the world to rights, without looking at their own shortcomings, which we all have, without exception.

On the other hand, you have a lot of similarly good and decent people who want to do what they regard as being "right and good", but attribute the ability to being good as coming from a god, a deity, perhaps some sense of an undefinable force outside of themselves. They operate on the ultimate idea that if they do good, it pleases their god, who will reward them at some future point, more of less, with many not being unduly concerned, and others being obsessed with it.
It has been my experience that, no matter what group of people I mix with, there are both good, bad, and the evil, amongst them, myself included. The good, and sometimes the not so good, I can deal with at some level of reason or mutual interest, and even if we don't particularly share many viewpoints, I can deal with them fine. Even the bad-asses can be practical if they think it will suit them, so you just need to learn how to deal with them. They may sometimes have some reason for being labelled "bad", with the usual reason being that they simply haven't either worked it out, or looked to find out some better way of doing things. That's a choice.

It is my understanding at this point, that most people are not megalomaniacs, blood-soaked fanatics that want to do harm, but when word like "harm", "good", "bad" and "evil" are used, many use the terminology in broad, sweeping ways, without looking at the individual behind the label.
If you have ever stood in a church gathering or at almost any form of public assembly, and looked around and watched the various people you know there, you will no doubt find the good, the bad and the evil; with the truly evil, thankfully, being the minority. At the same time, we have to remind ourselves that a little evil goes a long way, and causes most harm. Most evil appears to me, to be caused by neglect.
Do positive and balanced outcomes not come down to the distribution of responsibility within the individual, the family, the extended networks that form the greater collective whole of our societies?
Ideas are powerful things, but surely ideas can be shaped and moulded like clay in the hands of the potter, with the quality of the final outcome being dependant on who does the shaping? Or am I wrong in thinking this?

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by Monts

Maybe I wasn't specific enough:

Christians are not the problem, the Institution of Christianity is. In fact, all Organized Religious Institutions are.

Thank you for the clarification that the problem lies with ALL organized religious factions, and therefore not with a God Creator. You were remiss though in not including Judaism when referencing "true evil". It has a close relationship with the political movement of Zionism as the real threat to world peace.

REAL ZIONIST NEWS

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Originally posted by warpcrafter
Jaxon has it right. The Christians and Muslims need to be stopped before their pointless wars destroy us all.

Wicca is the only Western religion that has a conception of the Divine as not just male, but also female. The Goddess is deeply empowering for women. Wicca is also the only Western religion in which women are honored as spiritual leaders. Wiccans don't have to have faith in the existence of some transcendent, distant God because they have direct and personal experience of a present and indwelling deity.

Like all other religious beliefs, Wicca is a man-made religion that worships a deity. Some say it's Lucifer's partner-in-crime. Others say they're merely an offshoot of Atheists, which qualifies as a religion as it's essentially a doctrine with its own set of beliefs. McLaughlin and her pathetic attempt at prose is a good example of the flawed mindset of Wiccans.

Dear God...
I feel that I should be hear loud and clear
We all need a big reduction
In the amount of tears
And all the people that you made in your image
See them fighting in the street
Cause they can't make opinions meet about God....

I won't believe in heaven and hell
no saints no sinners no devil as well
no pearly gate no thorny crown
you're always letting us humans down
the wars you bring....

If there's one thing I don't believe in
It's you, dear God.

According to McLaughlin's worldview, human beings are completely innocent of any wrongdoing, even when we clearly see them do it. God, on the other hand, who we cannot see doing those things, is culpable for those actions, even if He told us not to do them. "Logic" like this is why anyone who holds a belief in Atheism should give it up. By the way, you don't need to be a Wiccan in order to have the conviction that God is within you, and not dwelling in some far off galaxy.

[edit on 1-3-2010 by truthlieshere]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
"the belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your Master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree..."
Made me lol.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

You obviously do not understand the correct practice of Christianity very well, and much more than that, you have never met God. Your criticism of how some people practice the Christian religion or how it may have been used to defend questionable acts may be justified, but you should study much harder with a bit more of an open mind, because the fact is that God is a person, he's quite real, and Jesus is exactly who he said he was. That kind of knowledge doesn't come from scholarly pursuit, it comes from experience, once you understand the means of getting there.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by The Riley Family

Obviously, you, ya'll, whatever, have no real understanding of the history of your faith. Typical. I'm not even slightly surprised.

Christianity was a derivative of Judaism and Judaic law. Let's have a look see at what the laws for the sabbath were:

1. No work done at all (Ex. 20: 10; Lev. 23: 3; Jer. 17:21-22). No watering the lawn, no working in the yard, no hobbies, no surfing, no fixing flat tires, etc. By law if a person did not stop all types of activity in honor of the Sabbath, he was breaking the law. In Numbers 15:32-36 a man was caught collecting sticks on the Sabbath, and he received a rock concert from the people he knew.

2 No kindling of a fire (Ex. 35:3). No fellowship cookouts or barbecues. You can't go into a restaurant and get a hamburger that's been flame broiled, you can't cook eggs, or pancakes in the morning because you'd be kindling a fire for cooking. To drive a car would be to "kindle a fire" In the combustion chamber of your engine.

3. No traveling (Ex. 16:29). Later the Jews added to this law, allowing only a half mile of travel on the Sabbath which we see observed in the NT. But the pure law says "stay at home." Actually, If you kept this part of the law, you could not travel to your church gathering unless it was less than one-quarter mile away from home. If you had an emergency you could not drive to the hospital.

4. No trading (Amos 8:5). If you happened to need gas to get to church service, you could not "trade" money for gasoline. You would not be allowed to buy a cassette tape of that morning's message or a book at the store. There is to be No exchanging of money for goods. If you worked with stocks and you needed to sell you couldn’t.

5. No marketing (Neh. 10:31; 13:15,19). Make sure you do no shopping whatsoever. You can't buy any ice cream for dessert after dinner or anything else. If you run out of food or drink at home you can’t go out to purchase any, you can’t even by a stick of gum.

6."... a holy assembly with double the daily offering along with the other offerings. In other words, you are to give twice as much on the Sabbath (Num. 28:9).Do we practiced this today In compliance with Old Testament law. Do Sabbatarian's really practice the law? I have yet to see people go to Shabbat and give twice as much each week.

7. New showbread In the holy place (Lev. 24:8). Of course this cannot be done today since there is no temple, so this part of the Sabbath cannot be followed by the church. The fact Is the Sabbath was not made for the gentiles, but for the Jews and their generations Ex. 31:12-17). It's a law given between God and the Jews.

8.The last part of the requirements for keeping the Sabbath day law Is the penalty for breaking It. DEATH

Partial list

That is not even one-tenth of the restrictions!!

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

those are amazing comments and something I totally agree with. I am not affiliated with any religion, however I have noticed the commonality with all faiths (not reffering to the religions here, but the message of the founders). There are serious discrepancies between what we might know about founders like Jesus, Buddha, etc. and the dogma of the ensuing religions. Then they twist things to their own end. E.G. Jesus did not die for our sins.... he was murdered because of political agendas, then they twisted the story so it appears it was meant to be! ..... yeah, right!
Emperor Constatine never actually converted to Christianity either (check it out)! He was a meglomaniac who was power hungry and used propaganda, deception and terror to promote his goals. This also proves all Christian sects (oops, churches) are part of the same deception. early Christians and followers of Christ did not use or read or maybe even know about 4 gospels.... Why don't people actually try to research history properly? Are they really afraid of truth? Reality is not discutable, it just is, why should we be afraid of it? One thing, atheists and religious people are all "believers": they believe either way, the only other option is to know. Maybe that's why those guys were called "Gnostics". Doesn't gnosis mean "knowledge"?

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

I feel obligated to respond to OTs irrational post from pg1, so sorry people if this seems out of place with where the discussion is here on pg18.

Originally posted by OldThinker
Here's the real (longterm) issue....

READY?...

= = = = = =

OK....

1) If you saw a "fundi" in an alley, would you be afraid?

I wouldn't be afraid, though I'd steer clear. Although were I in American, I'd probably be a little afraid. And were I in any number of middle-eastern countries then yea, I'd be a bit more afraid. Fundamentalists have the worst grips on reality and the least amount of functioning sense of all the people on the religiosity spectrum.

of course not

2) Have you ever met a sincere one, you wouldn't trust a child with?

Yes of course. I wouldn't want them terrifying children. Children also have a natural inclination to trust their adult caretaker will tell them the truth - we wouldn't want children picking up any delusions from religious fundis.

again, nope!

Even if "fundi"s were safe to be around in person, that doesn't mean that they won't use their fractured view of reality to influence society. Having enough fundamentalists voting on some important issue could really be a problem for us all. Fundis would try make religion mandatory, as if that were possible.

[edit on 1-3-2010 by Welfhard]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
........and if you're wrong, there's a pretty high price to pay. It's not fear of not being subserviant to government or churches that you have to worry about. It is the separation from GOD. The total absence of light and all that is good. All that is left is the real true evil. Christians are not evil! Those who believe in Jesus and believe in the gift of salvation that he bestowed upon us all....upon all who accepts his gift.....are not evil. You should segregate your information a little more carefully and separate those who do evil deeds IN THE NAME OF Christians and those who do use the holy name of Jesus as a "whipping rod" to control the masses. True, you can control and manipulate by exploiting good.....but it doesn't make those who are good bad.....it makes those who are bad.....worse. I am a Christian and I, for one, don't have alot to do with the government. I don't fear HELL because, Jesus has promised that upon accepting his gift of salvation (his dying for me and all others who accept) ....that I will never see HELL. So, what left is there to be afraid of? It is those who don't accept the gift of GOD's son that should be afraid. The reason? Because if you don't accept Jesus' sacrifice, then GOD is still at enmity with you. It is only through the sacrificial lamb of GOD that the new spiritual treaty was created ensuring a fellowship with the almighty GOD again. Again, I will reiterate, it is not fear that drives a real Christian..........it is the lack of fear, because we have Jesus.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

........and if you're wrong, there's a pretty high price to pay.

Only if he's wrong and Christianity is right because him being wrong doesn't mean that conversely Christianity would be correct, and even if it were correct, that still doesn't make it a force for good in the world.

If Christianity has the potential to be right, then so does ever other religion, all 10,000 of them. So you have wagered that Christianity is right, huh? Well what if you're wrong? If we assume there is a correct religion, then even having chosen Christianity (or rather inherited Christianity from your region) then you are still pretty much guaranteed to go to someone's hell.

That's a high price to pay for playing eni meni mini moe.

It is only through the sacrificial lamb of GOD

Not much of a sacrifice, was it? He was up and walking around perfectly fine a few days later (if you believe the hearsay).

John 3:16 says that for god so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son... well that's not true, if you accept the story, the most god did was lend his only begotten son.

[edit on 1-3-2010 by Welfhard]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

Like I said, doesn't change the fact you are being a hypocrite by becoming the very thing you claim to hate. Attempt to justify it all you wish.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Um. No......... This was in response to your comments on how a omnipotent being would be omnipotent if it allowed it's creation to have free will and did not intercede. Hope this helps.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Welfhard
reply to post by Phenomium

........and if you're wrong, there's a pretty high price to pay.

Only if he's wrong and Christianity is right because him being wrong doesn't mean that conversely Christianity would be correct, and even if it were correct, that still doesn't make it a force for good in the world.

If Christianity has the potential to be right, then so does ever other religion, all 10,000 of them. So you have wagered that Christianity is right, huh? Well what if you're wrong? If we assume there is a correct religion, then even having chosen Christianity (or rather inherited Christianity from your region) then you are still pretty much guaranteed to go to someone's hell.

That's a high price to pay for playing eni meni mini moe.

I didn't find Jesus.....he found me. I was haunted by demons awhile back and it got pretty bad, I called on Jesus and upon saying some of Jesus' own words, I noticed that the demons would flee. As if his very words hurt them. As far as other religions, I can't attest for them, but I do know that Jesus died for ALL mankind not just a particular type. You don't have to be part of an exclusive race or type of person. I know that a myriad of other bibles out there tend to be very close to the wordage of the bible that came before them....the Christian Bible. Alot of them come even dangerously close to plagierism. I know that the prophecies in the Christian bible are, not only accurate from the past, but we can clearly see the end time prophecies coming to pass right before our very eyes today. I know that no other religeon has GODs son that died for them. I know that no other religion can claim that when their saviour died that time itself stopped....and then restarted (BC "Before Christ" - AD "Anno Domini".....in the year of our Lord). Real Christians strive to help people, to love and respect them, to LIVE for Christ because he died for you. Christians do their best to NOT cause trouble, to NOT have the appearance of evil and to set an example of living in a peaceful manner. If I, as a Christian have done this to the best of my ability it still means nothing because it's not works that get one into heaven..... (Freemasons?)ONLY THE GIFT OF SALVATION from Jesus. However, I can rest at night knowing that I at least tried. If I don't succeed in being perfect as a human being, it's ok, I KNOW Jesus will cover the rest. I FEEL HIM. It's not an intellectual situation. You can't intellectualize a spiritual relationship with Jesus. When you try to outsmart GOD, you will find yourself reading a thousand books when all of the answers are in one....The Bible. There may not be every answer in the world in there but all I need concerning my soul. GOD gives you what you NEED, not always what you WANT. If I am wrong, I have lost nothing still.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillfromCovina
All you need to do is list one historian who lived and wrote history of Jesus Christ during his time.

Here are a few. Keep in mind our discussion has been in relation to your denial of the very existence of Jesus. I am aware most of the accounts, listed on this site, are very critical and derogatory of Jesus. Honestly, I wouldn't expect anything less, from a Jewish historical viewpoint, but they do acknowledge the presence of Jesus, as an historical figure. Also, as you alluded to, he was, obviously, significant enough to have justified the mentions in these documents.

Ancient Jewish Accounts of Jesus

Any that I list, you will try and discredit.

I am no scholar and do not have the knowledge to discredit anyone, on this topic. I only pointed out that someone else, with the apparent knowledge, had noted inconsistencies and cast doubt on the veracity of the writings of Justus.

There are none...

Or, none that you will accept?

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join