It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The TRUE Evil: The Christian Agenda

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by novacs4me

It's patronising in the sense that you identify someone by their non relationships, or rather in this case, ex-relationships. In this sense I "reject" Jesus like I "reject" Santa or the tooth fairy. You don't really reject such figures, you just learn something about them. Maybe patronising was the wrong word.

I'll say this though. There's no great about of evidence that Socrates existed either. But yet we all respect the philosophy associated with him. It doesn't matter if he didn't because we still have the Socratic method. So as much as I am skeptical about Jesus as a historical figure, one cannot ignore the influence which the legend has had over the centuries.

Also I never said you had less than half the sense of a petunia. I think the dark contributions that religion offers to society is an axiom - maybe you don't agree with that about your religion (I'd show you some interesting statistics) but you must agree with that, I presume about Catholicism, Mormonism and Islam at least. After all, Islam and Mormonism plagiarised the bible for a religious text.

[edit on 4-3-2010 by Welfhard]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by Ferginator

What do you mean without IT their prophesies won't come true What is IT? you mean christianity? Listen prophecies are nothing to fear if you are referring to revaltions or something like that.

Christianity needs war,misery,death and violence for without them they cannot say - look here or look there these are the signs that jesus is coming.

If everyone on the planet agreed that from tomorrow morning we'd all get along, there would be no need of the jesus would there ?

People living in peace negate the "signs of the times" required for the return of jesus to kill all the bad guys.

Jesus said it himself

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword."

"

For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law
."

The last thing christians want is peace on earth.

That is not true, as a christian, i don't want war I want peace, so does my church we never speak of violence and we get along with all people and every church i have been to they speak of love. You seem to take quotes and misinterpret them saying jesus hates people. You are only using quick quotes from the bible but the sword you are saying doesn't not mean war if you read on you will understand. Here are quotes of what jesus tells use we need to do to have love.

“You have heard the law that says, ‘Love your neighbor’ and hate your enemy. But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike. If you love only those who love you, what reward is there for that? Even corrupt tax collectors do that much. If you are kind only to your friends, how are you different from anyone else? (Matthew 5:43-47 )

“Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets. (Matthew 7:12)

“‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.” (Matthew 22:36-40)

“For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him. (John 3:16-17)

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Welfhard

Also I never said you had less than half the sense of a petunia.

You didn't? Darn. There goes my blessing for the day.

I think the dark contributions that religion offers to society is an axiom
So your axiom is "Religion only offers dark contributions to society"? Just asking you to clarify for me...

- maybe you don't agree with that about your religion (I'd show you some interesting statistics)

Do you think statistics would make me recoil from Jesus?

but you must agree with that, I presume about Catholicism, Mormonism and Islam at least. After all, Islam and Mormonism plagiarised the bible for a religious text.

Are we getting into comparative religions in THIS thread?

[edit on 4-3-2010 by novacs4me]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

So your axiom is "Religion only offers dark contributions to society"? Just asking you to clarify for me...

I didn't say only. And what's more I find most Christians agree with me on what religion does to society, often neglecting to call what they have a religion purely to dissociate with that. It's not like I'm the only one who noticed.

Do you think statistics would make me recoil from Jesus?

Would the fact that you didn't change the statistics? And no, I wouldn't expect that of you. Such a victory would be to easy to be true.

Are we getting into comparative religions in THIS thread?

Considering the OP, I don't see why not.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

That is not true, as a christian, i don't want war I want peace, so does my church we never speak of violence and we get along with all people and every church i have been to they speak of love.

Unfortunately it is true "The divine dichotomy" , your bibles say there ere are conditions to be met when your god reapers, usual stuff war, rumors of war death and destruction that sort of thing.

If you and your friend went out tomorrow and somehow got everyone to shake hands and get along you will be defying the will of your god.

Don't you get it ? Don't you read what you read ?

There simply cannot be peace while there are Christians on the planet (according to Christianity) peace comes after you lot get raptured and us lot get condemned to more acreage.

You seem to take quotes and misinterpret them

No I don't you do, prove me wrong

You are only using quick quotes from the bible but the sword you are saying doesn't not mean war if you read on you will understand.

I never use quick quotes, that's impossible the bibles are a mind numbingly slow read.

I understand perfectly well what was being said thank you, metaphor or otherwise a sword in the first century had one specific purpose.

Here are quotes of what jesus tells use we need to do to have love.

Indeed, quotes written by men who weren't even there you getting it yet ?

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
The Christian Agenda as you describe it would be better labeled the Catholic/Vatican agenda. Although most of "Christianity" has been infiltrated if not taken over by the Vatican and many of the newer denominations such as Mormons have most likely been created by the Jesuits. There where some well intending real Christians with interest only in their faith not a world conquest. Remember much of the propoganda of "Righteous Christians" is just that and infiltration. Speaking of Jesuits, here's the Jesuit connection to the uSA via the book "Rulers of Evil".

The Jesuits in the 1700s where much hated in Europe and in particular in England. England even had a no questions asked policy for killing a Jesuit. England was a very strong Protestant country. Catholics had no citizen rights in England. The other major up and coming Protestant country was the States. In the early states, the Catholics had no voting rights. Why? Because the Pope does not recognize government sovereignty. The Jesuits in particular take an oath against government sovereignty as well as protestants that includes killing their babies. Therefore Catholics have always been foreign agents in any country. The Jesuits where therefore the #1 stumbling block to Catholic infiltration in both the New world and England. So the Jesuits where disbanded in a false flag operation by the Vatican. The imprisoned Jesuit leader came to the uSA and began the process of creating antagonisms between the uSA and England who basically had a great deal in common. Now many of the official "Founding fathers" where Masons. Masons hold an allegiance to a supreme and unknown masonic leader. That leader guides many of the actions of the organization. George Washington, Ben Franklin where among the masons. Well, the head of the Masons, the eye above the pyramid, the G for General in the Masonic Symbol is none other than the Jesuit General, the black pope. So there you have the founding of the uSA as a base for Jesuit/Vatican world conquest. Now by the mid 1800s the Jesuits are back in the Vatican ranks but by then the "Separation of Church and State" has granted Catholics normalcy in the uSA and England. From there you have the Civil War which infuses the uSA with Catholics from Ireland under a fake Potato Famine rational and a civil war Northern army. Abe Lincoln in order to have a USA government without the south begins the the Corporate Government and the slaughter of the Protestants in the south.

The bottom line is the evil you seek is the Jesuits Vatican. Not the average faith based Christian.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

WHAT DOES FAITH MEAN?
ask any priest in all of Christendom and they will tell you all that it is BLIND FAITH.
in other wards believe the lies and hearsay`s that we preach or you may leave their church.

so what is the greatest lie that they are hiding behind. JESUS was not his real name people.you have been had and he never died on the cross for you and your sin`s as you still have not stopped doing them over and over again just so a lying priest can absolve you of them . only god can!!!

a blind man is lead or follows as he can`t see the evil that is around him ,he has to trust most others who lead as badly as the 3 blind mice.the old saying of the blind leading the blind is oh so true.

so who is the savior to throw down when he returns-again -ops for the first time .THE ANTI CHRISTS .
3 GROUPS
CHURCHES
MILITARY
GOVERNMENTS -- HAVE YOU EVER READ THE BIBLE YET ,WITHOUT SOME FOOLISH PRIEST LYING TO YOU-AS IT IS WRITTEN AS PLAINLY AS I JUST DID
READ THE DAMM BOOK!!
HOW BLIND AND STUPID CAN YOU THE PEOPLE BE .

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Just like IX-777 said, Christianaty is a trap for your soul to be enslaved...

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

wow thnx for totally insulting my religion with your biased view. If you read the book you would understand the reason why we don't live forever. But because you haven't then that means you can't judge.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

Unfortunately it is true "The divine dichotomy" , your bibles say there ere are conditions to be met when your god reapers, usual stuff war, rumors of war death and destruction that sort of thing.

bible.cc...
i read what it says and you didn't read the whole verse. It talks about the end but it says the end is not yet to come. Even in Revelations god will not let people know when the end is near. Thats why people are making false claims like Haiti's earthquake is a sign of the end. its not they interpret to what they believe, which isn't true. You think that we need war but us Christians don't at all its one of our commandments, the 6th one i believe, if someone does that then they are not being true Christians. Also destruction is always mentioned with or without religion, my girlfriend is a Wicca and her religion mentions destruction even more violently then ours.

If you and your friend went out tomorrow and somehow got everyone to shake hands and get along you will be defying the will of your god.

Don't you get it ? Don't you read what you read ?

There simply cannot be peace while there are Christians on the planet (according to Christianity) peace comes after you lot get raptured and us lot get condemned to more acreage.

talking about revelations our we? you know how hard it is to understand that it also mentions mostly symbolic stuff way beyond what people can just simply think. And god says there will not be peace but we can try for peace for humans he says make mistakes. You also read wrong it says in the bible peace comes when worlds unite under jesus's return and that is then gone when the rapture comes. When the "followers of god", which could mean more then Christians like Muslims which means one who submits (to God), go to heaven then disaster on a high scale. So if there where any conspiracy that this false belief that we are going to take over the world then it would be by making peace, not war.

No I don't you do, prove me wrong

You are only using partial information to support your bias view against Christianity

I never use quick quotes, that's impossible the bibles are a mind numbingly slow read.

I understand perfectly well what was being said thank you, metaphor or otherwise a sword in the first century had one specific purpose.

You didn't understand what he was really trying to say "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword."

The sword is a metaphor for ideological conflict and that Jesus is not advocating violence. Look at verse 13, Jesus then goes on to inform his disciples that they will not always be warmly received. He instructs them to depart from homes and cities that will not receive them. He didn't say raise an army and smash them into dust.

Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

Its a metaphor for god testing who really believes and who is lying, not to really divided families

Indeed, quotes written by men who weren't even there you getting it yet ?

yet you use the quotes from the men aswell, both are from matthew, and matthew and john, the verses i used are jesus's disciples and where there

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

wow thnx for totally insulting my religion with your biased view. If you read the book you would understand the reason why we don't live forever. But because you haven't then that means you can't judge.

Why do all believers seem to assume that nonbelievers never have been christians nor read the bible. I was a christian for 19 years thank you very much, and I read the book more than was probably healthy.

And I don't see how that image was insulting to your religion. It was an analysis of every believers favourite passage (well not every one but one universally revered anyway). (text removed)

mod edit: Removed text/images that were solely intended to incite members.

[edit on 3-10-2010 by chissler]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Why do all believers seem to assume that nonbelievers never have been christians nor read the bible. I was a christian for 19 years thank you very much, and I read the book more than was probably healthy.

And I don't see how that image was insulting to your religion. It was an analysis of every believers favourite passage (well not every one but one universally revered anyway). If I had shown something mocking your deity that would be insulting. Something like the following but I'm not here to insult, I'm here to criticise.

What made you break away from the Christian religion?

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandKitaro777

What made you break away from the Christian religion?

Mix of factors. Innate doubt, evolution and a love of science, the convoluted message (knowing I didn't have the proper understanding of the bible but also not knowing how to get it - all churches have a different take and they can't all be right), repressed bisexuality and the associated guilt, the apathy that religion produces in it's followers and questions that couldn't be or wouldn't be answered.

Mind you it was a transition from theist to atheism that took a number of years. It came down to me asking myself one day "Why do I believe what I believe?" I couldn't justify my belief at that state.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Mix of factors. Innate doubt, evolution and a love of science, the convoluted message (knowing I didn't have the proper understanding of the bible but also not knowing how to get it - all churches have a different take and they can't all be right), repressed bisexuality and the associated guilt, the apathy that religion produces in it's followers and questions that couldn't be or wouldn't be answered.

Mind you it was a transition from theist to atheism that took a number of years. It came down to me asking myself one day "Why do I believe what I believe?" I couldn't justify my belief at that state.

Interesting to know, usually Christians who has been a advocate for years blindly believes and isn't likely to change.

My transition from Christianity was very quick. I always had a innate sense that something was wrong with this religion, and then once I question the religion, I became aware of how controlling it was. It's almost like having a outside view point rather than a inside view point. From a outside view point you see every flaw as clear as day, whilst a person that has a inside perspective would rarely find a flaw due to blind dedication.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by GrandKitaro777

They also tend to keep themselves distracted a lot by focusing on the jesus story. If they can't keep themselves distracted, they'll make up stuff to make it work. I find it ironic then that the most precious centre piece that is the Gospels aren't anything but myth historically. I remember when I learnt about the Gospels that didn't make it into the bible. It was a very troubling day.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

the bible does not state that he will return when there is war ,pestilence ,famine and so on .it says that these things will be occurring when he comes these are not conditions that need to be met.
Christendom was told not to do what they have done;
war
following the false profits -banks aka churches.
using gods name vainly -go forth and kill for god and for country
unleashing the light and hells-fire that will destroy all life-nuclear,atomic ,germ
chemical and biological warfare -funded by their TAX DOLLARS for it all.
money the root of all evil -see above.
AND YOU ALL PAID FOR IT.

AND they proliferated this the forbidden knowledge world wide and all other nations followed .
so who is this the HARLOT NATION.....BABYLON.

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA & ALL OF THEIR ALLIES.

THEIR NEW GREAT HARLOT THEY CALL

LIBERTY

UNDER THEIR TOTALITARIAN CONTROL.-- WORLD DOMINATION.

but then to we all have our fanatics in all faiths ,religions ,beliefs,governments and millitary`s.

MADMEN.-- WHO HAVE AN AGENDA TO PLAY GOD.

they seem to have forgotten 1 little thing we have all broken the commandments and the covenants by following them . i`d say god is pissed and we are all going to die . and no one can stop it because we are all fools and braindead sheep who followed oh so blindly.

P.S.
IF YOU READ THE BOOK CORRECTLY AND UNDERSTOOD IT RATHER THAN BELIEVING THE LYING LITTLE MEN IN BLACK[ PRIESTS ]

HE IS ALREADY HERE .HE HAS BEEN FOR AROUND 50 YEARS GIVE OR TAKE A FEW .
READ LAST POST AND PUT 2&2 TOGETHER.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

the bible does not state that he will return when there is war ,pestilence ,famine and so on .it says that these things will be occurring when he comes these are not conditions that need to be met.
Christendom was told not to do what they have done;
war
following the false profits -banks aka churches.
using gods name vainly -go forth and kill for god and for country
unleashing the light and hells-fire that will destroy all life-nuclear,atomic ,germ
chemical and biological warfare -funded by their TAX DOLLARS for it all.
money the root of all evil -see above.
AND YOU ALL PAID FOR IT.

AND they proliferated this the forbidden knowledge world wide and all other nations followed .
so who is this the HARLOT NATION.....BABYLON.

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA & ALL OF THEIR ALLIES.

THEIR NEW GREAT HARLOT THEY CALL

LIBERTY

UNDER THEIR TOTALITARIAN CONTROL.-- WORLD DOMINATION.

but then to we all have our fanatics in all faiths ,religions ,beliefs,governments and millitary`s.

MADMEN.-- WHO HAVE AN AGENDA TO PLAY GOD.

they seem to have forgotten 1 little thing we have all broken the commandments and the covenants by following them . i`d say god is pissed and we are all going to die . and no one can stop it because we are all fools and braindead sheep who followed oh so blindly.

P.S.
IF YOU READ THE BOOK CORRECTLY AND UNDERSTOOD IT RATHER THAN BELIEVING THE LYING LITTLE MEN IN BLACK[ PRIESTS ]

HE IS ALREADY HERE .HE HAS BEEN FOR AROUND 50 YEARS GIVE OR TAKE A FEW .
READ LAST POST AND PUT 2&2 TOGETHER.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Why is it that non believers have this never ending hunger to denounce Christians, God, and the Bible.

These threads , like this one, continue to pop up pretty much on a regular basis - I don't see Christians starting these kinds of threads - so I am left to assume it is a "non believer" sort of thing.

To respond to the original topic, there is evil present in EVERY aspect of society - doctors, lawyers, school teachers, shoe salespeople, Walmart workers, clergypeople, counselors, surgeons, online forums, military, govt in general, librarians, gas station attendants, garbage pick up people, scientists, ..... and on and on.

Christians don't have the market cornered on evil - it is present all around us.

The "Christians", as a whole, are not "evil" - they battle against evil every day, just as other people do. Christians are also not responsible for the evil in the world today - that credit goes to satan.

I sometimes think that the people that create these threads are maybe only trying to find some concrete way of avoiding the guilt of sin from their own lives.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26 >>

join