It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study: Children Adopted by Homosexuals Are 'More Prone to Suicide'

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I think that we are straying further and further away from the original OP.

We do need to consider the children. I believe homophobia to be wrong. I am making a tough decision regarding children's welfare. Straying into generalities just leaves the adopted children out and just becomes a homophobe V homosexual fight - I would not call it a debate!

T

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Emerald The Paradigm

Then we will have to give Heterosexual Militant Fundamentalist Right Wing Christian people the right to do what ever they want ... and then it will all go to the dogs ... all those children who will be stoned to death for not putting out the trash ... poor kids, imagine being forced to living with all that heterosexual, macho, bigoted hatred ...

What do you think would be better Emerald ... a child living in a violent, racist heterosexual family or a child living in a loving, compassionate homosexual family?

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emerald The Paradigm
reply to post by OzWeatherman

As I thought, you can't answer the question because you know once society gets to that point, and it will at the current rate of society's stupidity, then it'll be too late for you to go against the masses because they will think Bestiality is normal and your a "Beasty-Phobe" or whatever dumb term the retards will come up with then.

Retards eh

You certainly have childish moments. Like I said, I will happily argue this on another thread, but we are off topic here

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Emerald The Paradigm

Emerald, we are obviously dealing with the results of a dumbed down, broken society...which in time, as we are witnessing on a daily basis, will suffer the results of a government washed of any morality.

Dealing with these degenarates is a complete waste of time...

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by custom2006

No idiot...let me spell it out for you...

Thanks for the name calling.

500 gay men + 500 gay men...or

500 gay women + 500 gay women...

Thats why I put women in parenthesis...I did not want to only speak of gay men...either way, extinction is inevitable!

Homosexuals mean people (men AND women) who are attracted to others of the same sex.

Any combination of people of different orientations on a small island will result in extinction. Do you understand? It does not matter what the orientation they are. The logic is very flawed.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emerald The Paradigm

Custom,

There's no point trying to have debate with the pro-gay people.

It will be like trying to argue with people who label everyone as "anti-semite" or believe the "official story" of 9/11.

It will be a back and forth useless debate trying to convince people who will NEVER open their minds.

I'm done with this thread.

Gay people have taken over.

...LOL - I just made a post to you saying almost the same thing...

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Kids with Gay parents more likely to kill themselves? Well, this is logical. (NOW NOW people hear me out before pushing that flame button!)
Children are cruel to each other, we all know that. What do you think other kids do when they find out that someone has "gay parents"?
Kids like to poke fun at everything "out of normal" anyway, be it divorced parents in an area where the other kids parents are still married or if one kid is fat or one is missing an arm etc. Kids pick on other kids.
The worst bullying goes towards those who are supposedly different, like in example..the things I mentioned already?
Where I'm going at (Conclusion?) is that this is not because of the parents and their..sexual "ways", it's because of the other kids. Well, I guess then it's the parents fault, they should teach their kids not to bully other kids..

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien

No idiot...let me spell it out for you...

Thanks for the name calling.

500 gay men + 500 gay men...or

500 gay women + 500 gay women...

Thats why I put women in parenthesis...I did not want to only speak of gay men...either way, extinction is inevitable!

Homosexuals mean people (men AND women) who are attracted to others of the same sex.

Any combination of people of different orientations on a small island will result in extinction. Do you understand? It does not matter what the orientation they are. The logic is very flawed.

I never said a "small" island...

The island could be as big as Alaska? It does not matter how big it is...

But of course you choose to validate your argument with an island the size of Giligans...

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I never said a "small" island...

The island could be as big as Alaska? It does not matter how big it is...

But of course you choose to validate your argument with an island the size of Giligans...

Ok let's say that there are 1000 men on a planet the size of the sun.

Now, do you see what's wrong with this argument?

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
hmm, so does the "experiment" give the option that the children were more suicidal because they were ADOPTED?

Not necessarily adopted by gay parents...?

Ya know...adopted as in "hey, mom & dad didn't want me, so im going to kill myself"

I smell religious conservatives behind the wheel on this one.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I apologize if anyone else has touched on this already, but I'd be much more interested in results on studies on the well-being (or the lack of) of children of so-called "blended" families. Completely self-absorbed parents that decide they simply can no longer continue providing a home for the children they created, so they go out and find new romper-room mates,leaving the children laden with most of the emotional baggage because they cannot "move on" as their parents have.

I'll go out on a limb and guess there are many, many more maladjusted children becoming troubled adults (or dead) as a result of divorce than there are messed up kids as a result of being brought up in a homosexual parented home.

But I could be wrong.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Funny how many Christians think they know exactly what god wanted.

How do you know in his infinite wisdom that by this age of our evolution and history we would have children who would have no parents?

What if his great plan was to create men who would be surrogates to those children. But these men would not be able to make their own kids so they would have to accept the take care of gods little abandoned children?

He made these men and they were gay. They couldn't reproduce but he needed them to stay together in love so he invented gay love. He would let them be together until we grew up enough to allow them to fulfil their true roll as carers for the lost children of god.

Now to deny them is to deny gods will and plan. To turn against god's planned gay carers and to let those children stay abandoned. That truly would be a sin.

But hey I'm probably wrong because I don't have a buzzing red telephone line to god like some of you seem to have.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I'm not particularly in favor of gay marriage or a gay rights advocate by any stretch. If these children are "More Prone To Suicide" I think it is likely due to the constant hateful attitude that they and their adopted parents are subjected to from many segments of our society. I don't think it's a stretch to think most homosexuals come from two heterosexual biological parents. I think aside from their sex lives most of these people lead lives similar to that of their heterosexual parents. I commend anyone that will give of themselves and share what they have with someone less fortunate. That our best intentions do not always come to fruition is something we all wrestle with in this life.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Without having to waste my time by reading this nonsense thread I will say this,

Those who are adopted and discover it later in life usually feel that thier birth parents abandoned them typically leading to feelings of inadequecy and the feeling they weren't wanted or shouldn't've been born. No homo or gay couple raising an adopted kid makes the kid not feel loved and wanted. Suicide, depression rates are highest in those who feel that they do not belong anywhere. Even though they had a most excellent upbrining they feel they were abandoned by their birth parents.

To say that only adopted kids raised by gays are somehow highest likely for suicides is flat out wrong and shows arrogance and idiotic thoughts.

At least the gay parents were able to provide a loving household when the birthmom clearly knew in her heart of hearts that she could not possibly give the kid the life that all kids deserve. It also shows how hateful the person who conducted the survey truly is.

Why are you gonna raise a kid that you clearly cannot afford but want? Why risk sending the kid to the Foster Care system if there is clearly other alternatives besides a lifetime as a ward of the state. A friend of mine on another board is a hetro female who in total her and her late hubby raised an astonishing 289 kids together over the last 30 or 40 yrs. None of the kids are suicides or are depressed. Personally I'd rather see a kid go to a home where they will be loved unconditionally then being thrown away like yesterdays garbage.

This does not happen in those cases where the kid was too young to remember either their previous life or thier time spent in foster care.

Life is stressful as it is, to have a warm, welcoming home to come home to everyday is perhaps the best thing for the kid.

[edit on 24-2-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

[edit on 25-2-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

You won't find actual proof from EtP

sorry to break it to you :-p

-Kyo

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Well, if the child is attending any type of school and 2 moms or dads pick them up they will be harassed terribly.
School is already stressful enough without a child having to face this.

And having gay parents is not the problem, it is the intolerance.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
This makes perfect sense. Don't blame society for their negative view on homosexuals as a potential cause of more suicides. Lets take the easy way out and blame homosexuals themselves.

As a psychology major who is passionate about his field, I have studied the GLBT community and more substantial research shows that this is not an issue. Think what you will though. My post isn't going to stop you.

[edit on 24-2-2010 by Subconsciously Correct]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

You talk of morality and yet you maliciously ignore your own "Lord's" instruction on morality ... Oh the hypocrisy ...

Edit - the above comment was made on the assumption that you are of the Christian faith. I realise there is nothing in your previous posts to indicate you are, so please ignore this if you do no follow the teachings of Jesus.

Seeing as though you are now flying the flag, could you please answer this question?

What do you think would be better ... a child living in a violent, racist heterosexual family or a child living in a loving, compassionate homosexual family?

[edit on 24/2/10 by Horza]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

It couldn't possibly be because chlidren who are adopted by homosexuals often suffer higher levels of bullying from their peers now could it. No it's the homosexuals fault that society is still intolerant.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I'm heterosexual and can only say that IMHO we, as a subset of the society at large, should not stereotype and generalize when we discuss people different from ourselves.

The concept of a gay or lesbian couple raising a child is foreign to me, but I think the success or failure of it depends on the people involved.

That being said, I am fed up with political correctness and reverse discrimination.

Just as you can't generalize about all straights being one way or another, one would have to admit that not all gays and lesbians are good people or good citizens and not all of them would make good parents.

That's just a fact.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join