It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study: Children Adopted by Homosexuals Are 'More Prone to Suicide'

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Probably seems harsh posting this but I genuinely feel it bares mentioning.

The son of Marie Osmond has just committed suicide. This is a boy who was adopted into a conventional heterosexual family. A religious and upright family no less. Now at 18 years old he has killed himself.

I have mentioned this on the other thread but think it is worthy of a nod here as it is more relevant.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I think you've successfully made the case against adoption. I think there should be more abortion to eliminate those kids that trouble so many adults just before they kill themselves.

And I will be encouraging any gay friends who want to raise children to use in vitro fertilization methods instead.

Excellent article!

-rrr

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by rickyrrr

By the way, almost all of those kids up for adoption come from clueless and irresponsible *straight* women and men don't they? cause gay people are not sending kids into adoption last I checked. Again, thanks for a great article on the dark side of adoption.

-rrr

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cabaret Voltaire
Homosexuals act like they don't have any control over themselves.

Same as murderers and rapists. It is never their fault. It is just the way Mother Earth sprouted them. Of course you can't blame a snake for biting you. It is after all a snake.

Free the rapists. Free the murders. Free the pyramid schemist Ponzi cons. Free them all to be themselves and spread their joy and love of aberrant behavior, and let's not judge them. Let's all marry our hedgerow. Pledge allegiance to the mulch pile, grass clippings and potato skins and all. It is all beautiful. I'm heading outside now to have sex with my mulch pile while wearing a mask.

Do you honestly believe you could make yourself desire any person of whatever sex you choose? if the answer is yes, then you are bisexual and didn't even know it.

-rrr

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

The symposium was organized by the Mexican Institute on Sexual Orientation, Renacer, in order to provide scientific information about homosexuality, homosexual adoptions and their impact on child development.

This "Renacer?"
Renacer Ministries

Hmmm. No agenda behind this study.

[edit on 3/1/2010 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
I do also think that children adopted by homosexual couples would be subjected to peer pressure and ridicule from their class mates/friends and this could contribute to an increase in stress levels.

My parents were a "normal" heterosexual couple. My mother was a teacher and it made my life miserable in school. I would guess that children of parents with certain professions (cops, teachers, garbage pick up guy) are probably subject to ridicule as well.

I had a school mate who's parents were fundamental Christians, and BOY she was taunted and treated like absolute crap by everyone in school. I felt very sorry for her.

So can we make a moral case against becoming a parent if you are a teacher/cop/fundamental christian/gay etc? I think that the argument of ridicule for the children cannot ignore this, maybe we should outlaw ANY kind of behavior by our parents that can lead to bullying or taunting in school.

Or maybe we can learn to deal... maybe....

-rrr

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Well, they managed to get rid of you, Bombeni, my friend. This is disheartening, because what happened to Stephen Boissoin will probably come to the U.S., as well.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Wow and I am sure this has been a study that has lasted over 60 years??? Im pretty sure all the millions of people who have committed suicide over the past 1000 years have been a product of gay parents.

What crap.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
I am not sure this is true as entirely as it's presented in the study (which seem to have astronomical numbers).

among 574 white homosexual males,
• only 3% reported fewer than 10 sexual partners
• 6% reported 10 to 24 sexual partners
• 8% reported 25 to 49 sexual partners
• 9% reported 50 to 99 sexual partners
• 15% reported 100 to 249 sexual partners
• 17% reported 250 to 499 sexual partners
• 15% reported 500 to 999 sexual partners
• 28% reported 1000 or more sexual partners

These numbers seem skewed badly to me, but if they do tend to have shorter relationships, I certainly wouldn't put that as a major factor considering the sheer number of single mothers and the stress that induces

The study is obviously cherry-picking data to formulate a conclusion to fit a political agenda.

Why no mention of lesbian couples in the data? Why? Because the data would not fit into the thesis they were presenting.
Of course gay males have less stable relationships. So do single, heterosexual dads! FAIL.

By the way, how many male/male couples adopt? Very few. The majority by far are lesbian couples (who have very stable relationships I might add).

This is a perfect example of a "study" funded by a group for the purpose of spreading propaganda. Kinda reminds me of something tobacco industry study would come up with; "Cigarettes reduce your chance for a heart attack because they reduce obesity. Blah blah blah."

[edit on 3/2/2010 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
In response to the OP:

Thank you for providing reference to the articles which back up your position. However, please consider this article, too:

Children raised by lesbian parents fare as well as they would in heterosexual households, new research suggests.

The finding, which comes from a review of essentially all studies on the topic of same-sex parents and the health of their children, helps to tease out politics and science on this highly divisive issue. In general, kids in both heterosexual and lesbian households had similar levels of academic achievement, number of friends and overall well-being.

Link: www.livescience.com...

As you can see, the article you cited and the article I cited are in direct contradiction. That simply leaves us with the question of which of these studies is more trustworthy. The article you cited is a Catholic journal. As Catholicism has a clearly stated objection to same-sex couples, we are forced to conclude that a journal which ascribes to be Catholic does have something to gain by denouncing a homosexual lifestyle, regardless of whether or not their study is fair and accurate. However, the article I have cited is a scientific research journal. Science has nothing to gain by denouncing or promoting homosexuality, because there is no "church" of science so to speak; there is no institution which provides all scientists with a clearly stated position on homosexuality, as the church of Catholicism does for all Catholics.

So, while I cannot give a conclusion as to which of these studies was performed more accurately, I can conclude that the article I have provided is more trustworthy, because it lacks the bias of a religious agenda. Hopefully you will at least consider this as valid evidence against your claim.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by Magnus47]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Its funny that even in this modern world people think that *Snip*as a means of sole sexual gratification and love is normal.
Apart from all the medical reasons, bleeding and need for artificial lubricants (therefore not natural in a natural world where nature made a natural lubricant in a woman), homesexuals I know, hate me using the term -*Snip*

I haven't found one yet who goes "yeah aint that cool!" in front of his workmates. Why are they so embarassed about a 'normal' sexuality. Well the answer is in that is aint!
Just my opinion based on observation, conversation and what I just referred to above. *Snip*
I'm not a homophobe (something you get called when they need to get defensive of your belief in something else - which by the way makes them bigots!) I just find it facinating at how they 'comeout' yet still hide nehind anything other than what it is. Most of gay pride I see is gay defense and attack of those who think differently 'because I'm all insecure and can't take your not liking the way I do it' type of whingyness.
No wonder the world thinks homosexuals are weak and limpwristed.
Just an observation.
Oh, by the way. I have a good friend who was one but when he saw what real life was changed of his own volition.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3/8/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Really. I would say that the study being in Mexico...........yeah, politicalandsocialagenda. I'd like to see the science behind this. I believe it would be stressful on a child because of the society around them. I haveseen some very arrogant people and it is sickening to see religous people being the anchor to stop the progression of the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join