It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study: Children Adopted by Homosexuals Are 'More Prone to Suicide'

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
Talk about programmed

Everyone desperately trying to sound so politically correct and to conform with what appears to be the majority opinion

Sure, homosexuals may be 'born that way'

But BABIES (future children) are NOT MADE THAT WAY

So are you saying that if you can't make babies, you shouldn't be a parent?

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Wow... I see *ALOT* of intolerance, and bigoted illogical arguments in this thread...

Not to mention willful BIAS.

Let's see if I can work my magic here.

greeneyedleo
How many kids coming from straight families have many more issues (mental, emotional, etc) from straight families? I bet much higher than gay families.

Considering that there are more heterosexual couples in the world than homosexual couples, you are undoubtedly correct... but it does not prove anything.

In this instance, you would be looking at the "Per Capita" suicide rates, instead of just the overall numbers.

I know more screwed up kids that come from straight families.

Yes, as before, you also know more *KIDS* that come from straight families than you know *KIDS* that come from homosexual families... therefore, your observation is a logical bias... and you should be looking at the ratio, as opposed to the absolute number.

This would be the same as me saying "Members are better than mods, because members post more threads than mods"

While the statement is technically true (insofar as members posting more) the conclusion that I draw from this FACT, is incorrect, because the members here outnumber the mods by a large number.

So, you would have to take the number of posts PER MOD, and compare that to the number of posts PER MEMBER, and then you will see the truth.

SaturnFX
As far as the kids of same sex partners being stressed more than kids with nuclear familys, of course...

So, you agree that homosexual parents are less healthy for children than heterosexual parents?

Because society looks down on homosexuality, and that will place undue burdon on the child.

Tell me... why should an adopted child have to bear the brunt of their adoptive parents sexual choices?

Would it not *LOGICALLY* be better to place children with heterosexual parents, at least until such time as society no longer looks down upon homosexual couples?

(Which is not right now)

greeneyedleo
Seriously? We are comparing gay parents to straight parents and trying to define NORMAL?

No. Dont think so. Straight parents have a plethora of problems that cause much more stress then 2 gay parents who love each other and are raising happy healthy kids.

Shame on you...

I would have though you above using straw men to argue a position.

It is obvious that the answer to your question is "Of course, two gay people who love each other are a better family than two straight people who constantly fight"

But it is not an honest question, is it?

Your question makes the inherent assumption that Gay people are necessarily more loving than their Straight "Constantly at each others throats" counterparts...

As if Gay couples never fight, and at all times radiate with some semi-divine "Love Energy", and this is not the case.

You are not comparing apples to oranges....

You are comparing vinegar to orange sherbet.

For shame.

There is NOBODY that will ever convince me that gay parents are worse than straight parents. I do not see this in the world we live in. Nope!

I should hope that you are not clinging to that belief dogmatically...

If scientific evidence comes along that PROVES that straight parents are better than gay parents, would you still shut your ears and sing to block out the facts?

(Not saying that this evidence EXISTS, just highlighting your inherent bias)

DJW001
You also somehow managed to leave out a crucial point: "research indicates that homosexual behavior is widely disapproved by the majority of the U.S. population. Aware of the stigma of living with homosexually-behaving adults, school-aged children generally suffer stress associated with their shame, embarrassment, fears that others will discover their family member's homosexuality, fears of peer rejection, actual disruption of valued friendships, suffering name-calling or ostracism, and/or seeing their family member disapproved." In other words, the study concludes that homophobia, not homosexuality, is the cause of the children's suffering.

So, just because the source of the trouble for these children is from SOCIETY, and not from the parents... that automatically makes it nonexistent, right?

In agreeing with the text that you quoted, you have also agreed that homosexual parents are worse for a child than heterosexual parents.

Due to (As you pointed out) societies "Inherent" homophobia, but regardless... the harm *IS THERE*

Why should we put children through that undue misery?

They did not chose for their "Parents" to be gay... their "Parents" did.

Why should we force a child to be shunned from society by making them associate with someone who *HAS* been shunned from society?

davesidious
If people wouldn't condemn gay folks for being gay, and treated them normally, then the stress and suicide rate for kids adopted by same-sex couples would be exactly the same as if they were adopted by different-sex couples.

Yes... and if people didn't hijack airplanes, then we wouldn't need security for air travel.

Does this mean that we should stop trying to keep airlines secure?

Or that we should *FACE REALITY* and protect ourselves from threats that SHOULD NOT EXIST, but *STILL DO* exist?

You can throw the words Should, Could, and Would around all you want...

But sooner or later you have to face the facts... the world is not how it *SHOULD* be...

So we should not *ACT* like it *IS*

Showbiz
Am I to understand that being adopted by homosexual parents is worse than growing up in an orphanage or being bounced around from foster home to foster home? Or better yet, worse than being adopted by a crazy, heterosexual, child hoarding, adoptive single mother?

Am I to understand that the only options for a child is:

1. Loving Gay couple

*OR*

2. Child eating heterosexuals, and demonic foster homes

You really don't see the bias in this sort of "Either Or" argument?

Really?

KyoZero
So we want our kids in 'normal' families. Ok let's talk normal.

Hetero couples with a 50% divorce rate being raised with 1 parent. Not normal

Hetero couple who fight in from of their kids. Not normal

So, are we to assume that there are no heterosexual couples that have happy marriages and don't divorce?

IS that what you are implying?

That homosexuals stay together forever, never fight, and always pour love into the world?

Because that is known as Bias.

ok, I'm done for now... just thought that I'd throw those out there...

-Edrick

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Hmm, interesting, interesting.

After reading the article I've got a few observations to make.

1. What research did the author base his claims on?

I went through sciencedirect.com data base using the key words 'homosexual', 'gay', 'lesbian', 'adoption' of research journals from 2005-2010 and none of them seem to say anything about this. So where did this information come from?

If you have 10 kids adopted by gay couples and interview the first 3 and 2 out of 3 say they are unhappy you can 'conclude' that 'most' of them are unhappy but if you interview the 7 that's left you might find that 6 of them are doing fine and only another 1 is suffering so in all you'd have 7/10 happy kids of gay parents. But if a researcher wanted to twist this to support their own agenda he might stop at the first 3 kids and call it a day. (and that's also how commercial cosmetic surveys work)

2. The source of this article is from 'Catholic Daily' and we all know how catholics feel about any relationship involving anything but man and woman.

3. If all that were true and legit, and those kids do 'scientifically' suffer, we have nothing else to blame but the social intolerance, narrow-mindedness and cruelty. The amount of S&F in this thread alone is enough to prove that.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Being gay is wrong. You homosexual people need to find Jesus before it's too late. He loves us all, but hates our actions. ADAM AND EVE, NOT ADAM AND STEVE. Say no to "chili dogs". Repent you homosexual people, while there is still time....GOD BLESS

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
reply to post by Showbiz

Your attempt to equate 'The Bell Curve" with science, is like saying the comic book Spiderman is like The New England Journal of Medicine.

Fail

[edit on 24-2-2010 by Violater1]

The Bell Curve was a best seller, and deemed a book whose information was verified by science. Believe me, no way do I equate the book with science, so I am not sure how I failed. Care to illuminate?

Frankly, I sourced The Bell Curve to reference the power of "scientific studies" to verify/justify racism and prejudice. The article presented here is clearly the same type of garbage.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
Talk about programmed

Everyone desperately trying to sound so politically correct and to conform with what appears to be the majority opinion

So just because you differ in opinion that means every else has the same and is just trying to be PC. This has almost nothing to do with HOMOSEXUAL PARENTS and everything to do with heterosexual parents not raising there kids to be tolerant, theres a difference between tolerance and acceptance. So the problem here isn't homosexuals or there kids, it has to do with other kids being indoctrinated by there parents and it leads to them being hateful. that's it.

Sure, homosexuals may be 'born that way'

But BABIES (future children) are NOT MADE THAT WAY

Homosexuals are have been having babies everyday, not together obviously, artificial insemination, surrogates, adoption etc. In the end human life is created.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
This homophobic thing is like the Red Scare.

We should call it the Gay Scare from now on? Yes?

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spykemann
Being gay is wrong. You homosexual people need to find Jesus before it's too late. He loves us all, but hates our actions. ADAM AND EVE, NOT ADAM AND STEVE. Say no to "chili dogs". Repent you homosexual people, while there is still time....GOD BLESS

How is being gay wrong? Does that mean that the way you live is RIGHT? It is amazing that your faith in a religion has also put you on a pedestal to judge the actions of others.

I am a gay man, that works a normal job, pays my rent on time, and has a close relationship to this Jesus that you mention. When I look at scripture, I find that Jesus said nothing relating to homosexuality, and to reference the original post, also said nothing about homosexual people adopting children and the subsequent effects.

Your ignorant and pointless opinions are your own to deal with. This thread had a point. You should stick to it and not use this forum to bash homosexuality.

Oh, and please, don't put words in the mouth of Jesus. I have yet to find where in scripture Jesus says "I love you all, but hate your actions."

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mandrake

2. The source of this article is from 'Catholic Daily' and we all know how catholics feel about any relationship involving anything but man and woman.

unless you take this into consideration.....

en.wikipedia.org...

and this...

www.crimemagazine.com...

Perhaps the Catholics should'nt be commenting on anything to do with sex, hetero, homo or otherwise; with their track record.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Spykemann

I am pretty sure it was Madame and Eve ... Madame was the butch ... then God gave them Cain and Abel to adopt ... Whilst Abel was able to deal with the social pressure of having two mommies, Cain couldn't handle all the animals staring ... and so he killed Abel and started this whole issue ...

Maybe God should have considered the consequences of the adoption a little more, maybe Madame and Eve should have talked the issue through with Cain. Maybe Cain should have got some counselling or maybe the animals shouldn't have been so judging ... what ever the case it was tragic outcome that could of been prevented with more education, more communication and more compassion.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
This homophobic thing is like the Red Scare.

We should call it the Gay Scare from now on? Yes?

Maybe the pink scare? Or the fabulously colored scare?

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Do a little research all you religious nuts and learn about the rampant homosexuality in all of the animal kingdom. And yes, it has a strong evolutionary function (if you care to know that). I guess all the gay animals need to enter Christian rehab - or burn in hell.

[edit on 24-2-2010 by whatsup]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I think wikipedia has the answers on this one frankly as it presents the widest spectrum and is monitored for vandalism pretty stringently.
wikipedia article on lgbt adoption

I would like to say though that if you exclude someone then it is you who create the stigma and it is you that create the problem. If lgbt folks were treated in an egalitarian manner, they wouldn't be living under all the pressure and stupid threats and fearful and backward attitudes they face almost daily.

These are our sisters and brothers, our fathers and mothers, our children.
If you hate someone, it is you that creates the hate. Remember that.

[edit on 24/2/2010 by djusdjus]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I'm going to try really hard not to attack the op, but instead to discuss this with an open mind and common sense.

I can honestly see how someone who came from a "traditional" family might think that having two same sex parents would be less than....optimal. I really can understand how someone would feel that way, and I mean no disrespect when I say this, but that comes from ignorance, pure and simple. I'm not name calling or trying to be argumentative. That is just a fact. And since I can understand where someone who feels that way might be coming from, please try and understand my point of view.

My father left my mother and I when I was 2 yrs old, and my mother then abandoned me when I was 14. I had no family, no one, nothing, and have been on my own ever since. (I am now 32, by the way) I would have LOVED LOVED LOVED for one -let alone two- people to love and care for me and would have not thought twice if they were gay/lesbian or not........so I have two things to say about this:

1. Until ALL the children in the world, (or we can even just start with U.S. since I know it's a problem here) have a warm bed to sleep in and a family to care for them, let's not be so....ridiculous, is the first word that comes to mind. Let's ask all the kids in horrible foster homes or group homes, or those children living on the streets, if they'd rather stay where they are, or risk "depression and thoughts of suicide" by going to live in a loving, safe environment. Lets let them decide!

2. Stop judging others. PERIOD.
**What if a couple is overweight? Or (God forbid) obese? Perhaps they have issues with food? Chances are, they will also make unhealthy fattening foods for their children, which will, in turn, make their kids fat, too, which will allow for other children to tease them and call them names, which will, in turn, make them depressed and possibly suicidal. So I think along with gays and lesbians, fat people shouldn't adopt kids, either.
**But people who are Jewish don't celebrate Christmas, which could be very stressful to a child when they see their friends eating a candy cane, or painting a picture of an ornament, which in turn, could also make them depressed and possibly suicidal, so only Christians should be able to adopt.
**Of course, there have been studies that when kids grow up in a home where both parents work, they can feel like they don't get enough attention. What if they sit around watching all their friends whose Moms show up at lunchtime, or volunteer for the PTA? This could easily make them depressed, leading to suicidal thoughts, so CLEARLY only parents where one stays home and doesn't work should be able to adopt kids who so desperately need a home.
**Dogs are therapeutic, so the adoptive family must have a pet, you want the child to be a smart, productive member of society when they get older, so the adoptive parents must have a PhD - wait! only one of them, because the other can't work....and OF COURSE!!!! The father must enjoy football, beer and car magazines, because the adoptive child cannot be a sisssy....and the mother must enjoy cooking, cleaning and sewing, because we don't want any "Butch" women, either, right?

I guess I didn't stay as open-minded as I wanted to be. Now that I think about it, I was MUCH better off on my own!!!!!! Who cares if I never had any food, no way to register for school, and forget about clothes that fit or shoes that kept my feet warm!! Can you imagine the damage two lesbians could have done to me?????

I CRINGE at the thought!!!!! (phew! I'm done now!)

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Interesting thread...

The best aspect of the homosexual argument (in all of its forms) is that it always brings out the best in people, and always fields the most logical arguments and most "scientific" data possible

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I'm late to the thread of course, but at the risk of sounding indelicate, I will say the source really sucks.

If I wanted to prove that all dogs bite I would write an article, and only cite and refer to situations concerning only actual biting dogs.

It's propagandized to "prove" an already existing belief.

You can do it with almost any subject if you have the motivation.

As you all know.

[edit on 2/24/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
This may not have started off as a gay bashing thread, but you can bet your ass it's going that way. Cos when them christian fundamentalists get on, that's the way it always goes. (like, every.single.time) And I'm not talking about christians, I said fundamentaists. 2 completly different things.

You sounds every bit as fundamentally biased as those you generalize about negatively. The OP did not post a gay-bashing article. But right-off-the-bat, that's what early posters took it to be. It got ugly early and that set the trend. And those early posters were not fundamentalist Christians.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

He added that this situation “produces diverse trauma and behavioral disorders that can even lead to suicidal tendencies or attempts.” “According to various studies containing testimonies from children of homosexual parents, most them of admit to suffering strong emotions, such as fear, anxiety, apprehension, shame and anger in trying to hide from their friends and relatives the homosexuality of their father or mother,” he continued.

It's a common sense among those who believe there's a global plot running out to set up a NWO and the pro-gay propaganda is one the many tools working on it. I 100% agree with it and I guess appropriate to expose the bizarre situation involving kids adopted by gay couples, 'cos is REAL and it's a very SAD twisting of values. Ain't talking about religous dogmas, but HUMAN CONDITION.
Think what kind education, what kind moral a man that allow himself being penetrated by other man, will pass to a child??? The sexual behavior among men and women, already can be traumatizing to kids depending on the habits of the couple, can you realize what a gay relationship can do with the mind of a child???
I guess 99% of people, during the childhood, had the inconvenient and boring experience, of to listen moments of parents sexual life, mainly people that grew up in small houses or apartments. But after these terrible moments, all just were gone, 'cos is NATURAL. It's part of this energy field that attract and keep together men and women. But what happens with those children that have to listen two men penetrating each other??? I refuse to use the word "sex" 'cos anus ISN'T a sexual organ, but a EXCRETORY organ, part of the intestine. However my point is, how can be destructive, devastator to a child, specially to a boy, having to live like that, with people like that. In the cases of female couples, although I think female homosexuality less aggressive than male one, the image that most children are grown from the mother, the "spiritual female balance power", characteristic of those who provide life, simply disappears since lesbians don't cultivate in themselves, this property.

IMO those governments committed with adoption rights to gay people, IMO are indeed committed with the building of a f*cked depraved society, once they put in risk the credibility of family structure I mean NORMAL family structure. And honestly, there's nothing "square" about normal families, 'cos the energetic polarity that keeps men and women together, is the gravitational center of mankind. People CAN'T evolve without this structure. No matter how much gay supporters hate to admit it, there's a NATURAL gravitational field that ONLY happens among MEN and WOMEN. That's a principle of complex life forms. Ok, it's a cliche but works. Actually has been working for millions of years. Gay people can't handle with it?? They hate it?? I wish I could say them, to move to another planet, but I can't. Unfortunately is quite convenient to those pulling the strings of the ones in the charges of power, create more ways of to confuse and misguide society. One day, the same ones that allow the increasing of gay structure within society, will allege our world is so decadent that will be necessary its "rebuilding". And when I say "rebuilding", you can realize BEFORE THAT extermination, social engineering, etc, etc. It's like a tree that can't be overturned by the ax, then they put some termite larvae within the stem and expect to weaken it.

For what matters, ain't a religious nut, but a defender of this powerful magnetic energy that there's among men and women, the key to ascension, the "holy graal" itself. No other relationship, rather than men and women, can provide mankind need to evolve.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

gay or straight the family image was destroyed by the rockefellers.

it worked once upon a time and everybody was happy and sang kumbiya.

then womens lib happened and all that you are describeing is a result of it.

at least that is one theory. im not really old enough to know either way, the world was kinda screwed up already when i got here...so bare with me.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I oppose the "Gay Rights" brigade because they are trying to put their needs and desires ahead of what is wanted by the majority. I do believe there is an agenda to glorify homosexuality in the media and promote the Gay Lifestyle as something that should be aspired to.

However, I disagree with the conclusions drawn by this study. While the levels of stress are probably higher in those with same-sex parents due to their compulsion to hide this fact from their friends, I do not think being gay is the cause. It is more society's unacceptable of same-sex couples that leads them to feel this way.

Now why does society feel this way? Is it simply because a few religious bigots have managed to sway the opinion of the majority? No it is not. And this is the fact that is often dismissed by the PC brigade. Those being brought up by same-sex parents are missing out on being exposed to the attributes and behaviours of the absent gender parent. Whether you love or dislike the opposite sex, balance is important for the maturation and development of the child.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join