It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy Sending 7 Carrier Strike Groups to sea; Destination Unknown

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave
So Ocelot...Are trying to tell us something?

All Im saying is that I think something's going on. An excercise like this was done in the weeks prior to the 9/11 attacks. So im suspect of the timing of this excersice thats all.

We should all stay alert in the next couple of weeks thats all im saying.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
OK! i got it. John Kerry was in virginia on monday. maybe they moved all the ships out so kerry doesnt see all of them so he cant cut any if he gets elected.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild
It is a UNITOSS excersise.
The U.S. Navy is due for an excersise of this magnitude. Our troops on board those ships need the training, and the subs do also.
Mr. M

[Edited on 1-6-2004 by StarChild]

Well, yeah that is true, the Navy does need a lot of training, they do need to catch up to what Clinton did to our armed forces.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

So Ocelot...Are trying to tell us something?

All Im saying is that I think something's going on. An excercise like this was done in the weeks prior to the 9/11 attacks. So im suspect of the timing of this excersice thats all.

We should all stay alert in the next couple of weeks thats all im saying.

Umm, that exercise was completely different than the one that they are doing now. That was a test of NORAD and the AF.

This is a Navy run exercise that is being conducted to test whether or not we can deploy several carriers at the same time. It is a much a test of the ships as the supply system that keeps them out there.

If this test is successful then we might very well see the end of routine six month deployments for Navy ships. Instead they will surge for shorter periods of time to respond to potential hot spots.

That is all it is for.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

I do believe that its very possible that :
1)They are deploying many of their ships to stay out at sea because of some specific threats to them. (remember the message the terrorists said they would attack an aircraft carrier)
2)They are deploying these ships because another war is about to start.
3)These are real military games and nothing more.

I have to agree with this assessment, in particular I find Muaddib's pointing out that there is a specific threat being made against a carrier the most intriguing.

I honestly dont believe that the US administration is staging a terrorist attack against its own country, as I dont believe they did that on 9-11.

As for an asteroid coming in, I have been somewhat following the investigation on another web site. With that, I have to say I doubt, like others, that the fleet would be dispatched to be destroyed by the impact. For what purpose would the administration want it destroyed?

So could something happen? Absolutely. But I find in all probability that there are going to be war games being taken underway and that the position of the fleet is not being made public because of threats being made against carriers.

[Edited on 6-1-2004 by William One Sac]

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The ships moving out may be going to New York for �Fleet Week�.

Fleet Week 2004 Visiting Ships

The following ships are scheduled to participate in Fleet Week 2004. This list is subject to change based on operational requirements.

• USS Iwo Jima (LHD 7)

• USS Anzio (CG 68)

• USS Barry (DDG 52)

• USS Mahan (DDG 72)

• ONR Starfish (IX 531)

• USCGC Reliance (WMEC 615)

• USS Monterey (CG 61)

• USS Carney (DDG 64)

• USS De Wert (FFG 45)

• USS Halyburton (FFG 40)

• USS Shamal (PC 13)

• USCGC Katherine Walker (WLM 552)

www.fleetweek.navy.mil...

[Edited on 1-6-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I would have to say that this is either an enormous exercise, or an attempt to get the ships away from some sort of danger. And don't forget the vast number of support ships that make up each carrier group. Each carrier group represents more naval/air force power than most countries have in their entirety. So, we are talking about more than just 7 ships.

If the threat of an incoming asteroid is real then I would say that moving the ships into the open sea would be a safe bet. There is the possibility that the impact could destroy the ships, but if they stayed in the harbor they would be destroyed for sure. So the risk is decreased if the ships are at sea.

noaa.gov - What You Should Do (In case of a tsunami)

If You Are on a Boat or Ship

Since tsunami wave activity is imperceptible in the open ocean, do not return to port if you are at sea and a tsunami warning has been issued for your area. Tsunamis can cause rapid changes in water level and unpredictable dangerous currents in harbors and ports.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Okay, I got this information from someone I know that used to be in the navy. His conclusion is that there is more to this than a war game. It is in preperation for something.

I agree. Something is in the wind.I was in the Navy. Given that even with Afghan. and Iraq we haven't seen this many deployments. Even during the Nam we never had all the marbles in play.In all the time I was in the Navy we never put it all out to sea with one exception. During the "73" war involving Israel. I was in an ASW squad.(Anti Sub Warfare)stationed at NAS Jacksonville, Fla. I was on duty that night when the orders came. Every squadron was packed and birds at the end of the runway in 4 hrs. Mayport empted out. Certainly they never have done this for a parade or memorial.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Just how hard would it be, to take down NK and Iran both at the same time.

At least contain Iran while we take out NK in just a few days, then China moves their troops in to clean up.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I wonder if this is related...

Army Issues Order to Stop U.S. Soldiers from Leaving

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Army has issued orders preventing thousands of soldiers designated to serve in Iraq or Afghanistan from leaving the military even when their volunteer service commitment ends, officials said on Wednesday.

news.myway.com...::13:07%7Creuters.html

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Could the fleet be headed towards the Taiwan straits?

China is conducting a massive exercise aimed at showing how it could invade Taiwan if it wants to:

www.washtimes.com...

Perhaps Washington feels that this 'exercise' is for real and wants more than the usual battle groups nearby if it heats up?

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Good gawd OIMD...I hope not

Yeah...we'll take on China now...

mother?

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Sumthin is up... No Doubt. I want to know why so many other countrys are involved in this. We can all claim Bible Prophecy, Asteroid Impact, Terror Attack, whatever it may be, whoever we need to find out the real deal and sift through this #. I dont know if we need to start a new thread as far as to trying to uncover whats going on with research and not claims.

I like to argue as well as the next person, but I believe this issue needs Some REAL Attention. I'm not in anyway trying to put anyone down, we all have our "Theories" but this 'could' be Life or Death, or just a normal exercise with a bunch of paranoid people trying to make something out of this.

We could structure it like a Research Forum Project, just it will be open to everyone to post.

Anyone Intrested?

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Well, I guess some one could always move this thread to the public forums and then we would get more input.

?

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Dont know if this was posted allready...

Space.com

A giant, 40 stories tall wave could one day drench the eastern United States, the result of an asteroid-driven tsunami. However seaside dwellers need not move just yet, the asteroid isn't due for another eight centuries.

Researchers in California have developed a computer simulation depicting the ocean impact of the asteroid 1950 DA, a half-mile wide (1.1-kilometer) space rock that swings uncomfortably close to Earth in 2880. Although the probability of such an impact is remote to say the least -- astronomers estimate it to be somewhere around 0.3 percent -- the computer model does give researchers insight into the destructive power of tsunamis caused by near-earth objects.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It says 2880, but If Info is released it would cause mass chaos. Just Intresting as to the Eastern Seaboard of the US.

Yeah, Val. I think we need a public thread for this, but I think it should be a research based thread, not an argument thread.

itar-tass.com...

KALININGRAD, June 2 (Itar-Tass) - Large-scale international naval exercises BaltOps-'04 begin in the Baltic Sea on Wednesday and will continue until June 17, with up to 50 ships from 15 European countries and the United States taking part

www.abc.net.au...

Hundreds of personnel and aircraft from four countries will join the Royal Australian Air Force for its biggest air combat training exercise - Pitch Black.

The biennial exercise has returned to the Northern Territory and will run from July into August.

Singapore, France, Thailand and the United States will take part.

Apparently there are alot of exercisies going on.

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I wonder if this is related...

Army Issues Order to Stop U.S. Soldiers from Leaving

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Army has issued orders preventing thousands of soldiers designated to serve in Iraq or Afghanistan from leaving the military even when their volunteer service commitment ends, officials said on Wednesday.

news.myway.com...::13:07%7Creuters.html

I mean't to quote this post. My bad folks.

As I previously posted: The Army has been doing this for a while. My brother was due to retire out of the Army about 6 months ago. With one month left to go, the Army froze his orders and deployed him to Iraq anyway. Now technically, the Army is only allowed to do this to Officers of which my brother is.

Something does not add up.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
For the Bible Code Theorists:

Hidden Codes/Planet X

NWO (New World Order) - Babylon - Mobilization - Doorway - Opening
NASA - Nuclear - Missile - Naval (does NASA try to destroy this planet)
Rebel - Attack - Authority - NASA (the inhabitants of this planet will attack the authority of NASA)
NASA - Bewildered - Furious - Infuriated (NASA is dumbfounded, not what they expected eh?)
Cruel - Interferer - Tyrannous - Inhabitant (this planet is carrying the backup armies of the Antichrist's, so much for the peace loving "want to help humanity" lies they've been believing from the aliens eh?)

the one that grabbed my attention was the second one:

NASA - Nuclear - Missile - Naval (does NASA try to destroy this planet)

Not proof, but one of those arguements.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
There is a good bit of info about the ship movements in this link and yes ATS is also listed as a source. It starts around "What's with June 20?"

www.urbansurvival.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Is anyone working on anything like this for the month of July?

I mean given all the paranoia about here and on the web about this month I have to wonder if someone is working on an even better hoax for July..

Really I can't believe the number of people who are so willing to believe in the bogus crap floating about, and the claims that we are about to face impacts from asteroids or comets, or an alien invasion from plaet X. Is it just me or is there something in the water?? Is it possible for people by the thousands to collectivly lose their minds at the same time?

What ever happened to "deny ignorance"?

Hey sorry for my rant but I gave up the points to post it

Gazz

[edit on 6-6-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Oh and by the way I am hosting a post end of the world party at my home on July 1. I'll be slow cooking some steaks on the grill, beer in the kegs, and all the hot wings and chips n dip you can eat.. and you all are invited

Gazz

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join