It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy Sending 7 Carrier Strike Groups to sea; Destination Unknown

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
this doesseem pretty big, a little to big for just a military exercise. I dunno, but I think this is definetly part of someting a lot bigger.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
OK I started reading about this asteroid impact theory that was thrown around in this thread and I found it quite interesting. But after doing my own research I found that there is no evidence from any "credilble source".

I mean think about it. If the earth was about to be destroyed in less than 3 weeks wouldn't it be HEADLINE news all over the planet? I mean someone would have picked the story up already and run with it..... since it would be the biggest story in history. All I've seen is some asshole with TOO MUCH free time on his hands making up a story in a forum a la John Titor, and some gulible people just wanting to believe in something.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
But the carrier group movements are still interesint, and perhaps in need of a public ATSNN thread. I'm still not convinced this needed to be RATS in the first place.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I know this sounds silly but my money is on France.

A lot of middle easterners speak French and travel to France, there are a lot of arabs in country.

We all know the radical right hates the french and of course considering most of the people in Bush's cabinet were not only alive but young adults during ww2 reclaiming the glory days of that war is very important to them.

They desperately want to get rid of the "It's another Vietnam" interpretation of the Iraq war. The Brits of course have a stake in it as well. The evolving EU is not in Britain or the US's interest and making a critical terrorism connection to France would give them an excuse to go to Europe.

Instead of CNN showing pictures of miles and miles of desert all of a sudden it's gonna look like "Band of Brothers" an image the Republican Hawks desperately want.

We'll be in Marseille by August.

If I'm wrong, the freedom fries and liberty toast are on me.

I will not be freedom kissing any of the men however so don't ask.

Spiderj

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
From the timebome board...

June Timetable -- Leading Up To Something?
Could something be afoot?

June 4-6 Bilderberg meeting
June 6 Bush meets with Pope
-- needs to fly all night to fit meeting into agenda
June 8 Transit of Venus
June 8 1000 Days After 9/11
June 8-10 G8 meeting in Georgia
June 10 - 24 Fleet Out To Sea for Operation "Blinding Storm"
June 19-20 1011 Days after 9/11
June 20 "Impact" according to intercepted Ham Radio Intercept

www.timebomb2000.com...

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
I mean think about it. If the earth was about to be destroyed in less than 3 weeks wouldn't it be HEADLINE news all over the planet? I mean someone would have picked the story up already and run with it..... since it would be the biggest story in history.

I heard that the government said that If we were about to have a apocolyptic disaster they wouldnt tell anyone until the last few hours or so, because of the carnage and chaos it would cause, seeing it to be better to wait for the last minute. We wouldnt be told. Look at what happened with the orson wells radio broatcast.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
EW,
If it doesn't happen, are you going to lighten a bit? We're getting worried about you.
CS

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
7 carrier battle groups!? christ thats a lot of ships. i wonder why the exercise is so large?

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
[edit on 6-6-2004 by ScoFe]

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
energy_wave
Dude, do you have any idea how much credibility that you, those who are saying the samething, and the sources that you are presenting will lose if this does not come to fruitition?

*shakes head*

seekerof

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   
While doing some more reading and research on the massive naval deployment I discovered this website that has an article that covers in depth the deployment. It also makes reference to a thread here on ATS. Here is a portion of the article and the link. Apparently Many Countries are participating in these excersices:

www.urbansurvival.com...
Follow Ups:

Saturday night I received this update from a reader who advised me that someone else has noticed the odd movement of ships:

www.surfingtheapocalypse.net...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And no, we don't have any more details on the rumor that al Qaida has two diesel subs with nuclear weapons that we're searching like crazy for...no public links yet...but go read this link and you'll see how clever these weasels are.

Meantime if you thought we could trust Russia, think again: www.worldnetdaily.com...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It also mentions the list of countries participating in the excersices:

www.urbansurvival.com...
Participants List:

Countries which are planning significant naval operations for the period of interest include The U.S., England, Canada, Holland, Germany, Peru, Norway, Italy, Denmark, France and Australia.

Russian and other Moves:

We note that while the West is putting to sea in large numbers, the Russians are holding huge exercises which could be a cover for who-knows-what: russiajournal.com... We have heard, but don't have links to share that India, China, and a host of Pacific Rim countries are also planning naval exercises. If you see something of interest, please send it along by clicking here.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   

www.urbansurvival.com...
Exercises "Blinding Storm" & "Aurora"

(San Diego) Now, this is where naval things get interesting. Let's go through a list of which countries are putting navies to sea for the month of June and remember that this might all be normal, but in times of tight budgets and high fuel prices, it seems a bit odd that so many countries are putting to sea for the next month. Take the U.S. naval group's departure from San Diego. What's the official story of the 6,000+ sailors leaving Monday?

"Both the National Training Center and Fort Polk's Joint Readiness Training Center will remain open, the officials said, with National Guard soldiers expected to fill in for the units going to Iraq.

The Navy said Tuesday that it is sending a second aircraft carrier, the USS John C. Stennis, into the western Pacific, apparently to compensate in part for the planned deployment to Iraq this summer of an Army combat brigade based in South Korea.

The Stennis, which left its San Diego home port Monday, will participate in an exercise off Alaska in June and then join the USS Kitty Hawk, which is permanently based in Japan, in the western Pacific." Link

(Norfolk) a local television station in Norfolk reports that a total of seven carrier strike groups are putting to sea in June - which if I'm not mistaken is an unprecedented move: "While the Navy won't say where the seven carrier groups are going, the carriers not already deployed are expected to be gone for only one to two months." Story (RealPlayer needed) at www.wavy.com...

(England) The British are also putting an unusual number of ships to sea during June. www.navynews.co.uk... Meantime, Channel 13 in Hampton Roads, VA reports in part that:

"Called "Exercise Blinding Storm" by the United States and "Exercise Rapid Alliance" by the U.K., the training will involve about 30,000 troops from seven nations in exercises off and on the coast of North Carolina.

Dutch marines and French soldiers will take part, as well as a Peruvian submarine and contingents from Germany and Canada. The flotilla is expected to set sail Tuesday, with the two-week amphibious exercise scheduled to begin June 10.

The British landing platform dock ship Albion has already arrived. It carried four Challenger II battle tanks the British equivalent of the U.S. M1-A1 Abrams tank. The tanks will be sent ashore aboard the ship's new landing craft during the exercise.

The biggest British ship the aircraft carrier Invincible also has docked with a crew of 1,050. "
www.wvec.com...

We find the names of the exercises interesting. Blinding Storm might be construed to mean that people can't see something that's right in front of them (we wonder if there is a chemtrails angle to all this?) and Aurora has something to do with electricity in the atmosphere at high latitudes... but that's only wild speculation. What's not wild speculation is that the news coming off the U.S. Carrier Ronald Reagan is constrained: The ship's web site is down for reworking: www.reagan.navy.mil... which is not what I'd expect during a normal exercise....

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   
To say that something is definitely going to happen in June would be an understatement.

But what?

I've read all sorts of theories like the meteor impact to the possible nuclear attack on the east coast of the US by Al Qaida.

I want to know WTF is going on here. The timing of this exercise seems a little weird to me. Anyone got any contacts in the navy? Family members that are in the navy? Something is going on and Im not buying that its just an "excersice"

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 02:41 AM
link   

www.safehaven.com...
Let me just say from the outset that the Federal Reserve has confirmed our Stock Market Crash forecast by raising the Money Supply (M-3) by crisis proportions, up another 46.8 billion this past week. What awful calamity do they see? Something is up. This is unprecedented, unheard-of pre-catastrophe M-3 expansion. M-3 is up an amount that we've never seen before without a crisis - $155 billion over the past 4 weeks, a $2.0 trillion annualized pace, a 22.2 percent annualized rate of growth!!! There must be a crisis of historic proportions coming, and the Federal Reserve Bank of the United States is making sure that there is enough liquidity in place to protect our nation's fragile financial system. The amazing thing is, the Fed's actions mean they know what is about to happen. They are aware of a terrible, horrific imminent event. What could it be?

One can draw no other conclusion except that the Fed is acting irresponsibly in its managing the money supply, in fulfilling its duty to "maintain a stable currency." I reject the notion that the Fed is acting irresponsibly. No, something is up, bigger than we have ever seen in the history of the United States. Let me ramble. Perhaps they simply see the ominous technical landscape we have been warning about in recent issues, and are attempting to pull out all the stops to avert the predicted crash. The recent rally in just about everything is similar to 2003's market behavior when the Fed pumped massive amounts of liquidity into the system during the first half of the year. This time seems different. The amount of liquidity is too large. The Fed is deflating the value of the monetary base by a fifth! Why are they willing to do this? Wisdom says something bad is up - big time.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Maybe I go on about the impact a little too much sometimes but, what if it were true. Navy's of the world all going out of port about the same time? For what? To ride out the waves?

If AlQuida does do something to the US there is no one to blame but George. He could have spent our resources on Bin Ladin instead of Iraq.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
It is a UNITOSS excersise. The U.S. Navy routinely conducts these types of simulations, war games if you will, often in conjunction with other countries. However, this particular excersise is of a much larger scale than normal, that is why all the fuss over it. No worries ladies and gentlemen. There is nothing to fear. This is all scheduled and planned according to protocol.

The U.S. Navy is due for an excersise of this magnitude. Our troops on board those ships need the training, and the subs do also. This will be good for our military. That is the intention here. Training... Believe it or don't.

Mr. M

[Edited on 1-6-2004 by StarChild]

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
the outbreak of WWIV?

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
the outbreak of WWIV?

There hasn't been a III, yet... Don't jump to conclusions.

Mr. M

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
energy_wave
Dude, do you have any idea how much credibility that you, those who are saying the samething, and the sources that you are presenting will lose if this does not come to fruitition?

*shakes head*

seekerof

Amen Brotha Seekerof!

Can we say PlanetX anyone? Didn't that single handedly destroy the credibility of many boards just for them supporting the theories? We got away lightly on HAARP

I believe it to a be wargame designed to simulate large scale dogfights and military actions against a well equipped middle eastern nation, such as Egypt or Saudi Arabia.

Ok, you know what, whilst we're being paranoid, lets just throw Bohemian Grove and the Bilderberg meetings into this, Late June, Early July you know

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join