It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Navy Sending 7 Carrier Strike Groups to sea; Destination Unknown

page: 6
0
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Okay, GAZZ, I have to speak up.

1. I don't believe this is connected to an impending ANYTHING strike as far as asteroids, meteors, comets, etc.

2. Please don't be flippant about the subject though. In 1995-1996 there was an article written in Aerospace America, which is one of the technical journals for AIAA (American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics). This is a serious technical journal, ok? In it was an article written about blind NEO's....blind NEO's being objects that becme "near earth objects" but are coming from the direction of the sun. Basically we are completely blind to anything coming at us from around the backside of the sun. This was, by far and to date, the most apocalyptic writing I have ever read...and it was in a SERIOUS TECHNICAL JOURNAL! Since that date I have had great respect for what lurks about us in our orbital abode.

SO, though I do not buy into the "impact" scenario, I just ask that you understand that at any given moment we can be within hours of learning we're about to get the S H I T smacked out of us.




posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
IMO there is no way ship movements could be tied into "the impact". Everybody keeps talking about how the deep ocean is the best place to ride out a tsunami. This is true for a normal tsunami caused by the movement of a collum of water. The wave from an impact would be very different, ever thrown a rock into a puddle of water, ever been by a pool when someone does a cannonball, that's what would happen, a giant wave propagating out from the point of impact.

I wonder how long this has been in the planning stages.



posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
In my opinion, there is something major about to happen that the Intelligence Agencies around the world are aware of. If different countries are heading out to sea with their armed ships, doesn't that mean they are all threatened by the same thing?--potential shower of asteroids, which could bring out the terrorists after the destruction.

Or, they could be gearing up for a major war in the middle east, attacking or retaliating against another country there, after terror attacks hit the United States soil.

That's all I could think of at the moment.



posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Are there any other military movements we should be watching. I know this is fleet week but it's too strange.



posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Sorry Valhall, I really did not mean to strike out against real science but with all the insanity over the recent events and things being said I have done my own investigation, my own research because at first even I was drawn in to it all. Ships at sea, and all the other crap when put together can look like impending doom. along with a load of speculation mixed with a lot of paranoia.

Really I believe.. NO I know there is no chance of any event in the month of June from space. I do believe there is a good chance of a terrorist attack, however the military actions or training is not related at all but nothing more than a scheduled mission. It really bothers me because I have a 16 year old who was in secret living in real terror over these things we've all seen posted in various threads.. I had to spend hours proving to her that there was nothing coming this way, there is no more impending doom for us this month than any other month. and I even had to call a friend who is in the know.

There are a few people and some young ones that are in a near panic over this sick series of hoaxes. and it is not funny.

We could all be better served by taking a step back from all of this and using a rational thought pattern to search for some real answers to all that we are seeing. lets not give in to just what we see on the web or hear in speculative rumors. it is not healthy for people to be thinking things like this.

You are still invited to my party


Gazz

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by UM_Gazz]



posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
What if this was Sept. 10th and we were talking about rumors of a terrorist attack somewhere on US soil? Would you have said the same thing? It's a hoax? It's better to discuss and research obscure ideas like this then to deny the possibility. It's like a think tank. It hurts no one.

I remember reading a thread the day after 9-11 on yahoo. Some one was discussing something which was going to happen the next day which was...9-11. Some thought it was a hoax too. We all know what hapened next.

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by energy_wave]

[edit on 9-6-2004 by Seekerof]



posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz


Really I can't believe the number of people who are so willing to believe in the bogus crap floating about, and the claims that we are about to face impacts from asteroids or comets, or an alien invasion from plaet X.
What ever happened to "deny ignorance"?
Gazz



Come on Gazz, are you drunk? This is not somthin I would expect from you.
Deny Ignorance

Fact: Plant X, Planet Nibiru, whatever you want to call it, Exists

Fact: Scientists have claimed An Impact that could bring total destruction is possible, but not likely.

Fact: Half the US Navy Battle Groups are off the Coasts of North Carolina, and Virginia

Fact: Other World Military presence is also there.

Fact: The FBI and CIA (Unbeknownest to the DOHS) claimed Al-Qaeda is "Here" and ready to Attack

Fact: Events involving Military Ops were in action right before 9-11

Fact: This is a conspiracy theorists wet dream

Conclusion: We need to Debunk the shizzle that needs to be debunked with PROOF, we need to elaborate on the Proof we find.

Deny Ignorance is keeping an open mind and not trampling in the MUD we have been in most of our lives......

*EDIT*
I posted this before seeing your last post Gazz, Please post information you have so we can all rationally bring this together. I'm sick of coincidences, I'm Sick of the government telling us about # week(s) after the fact. The truth is knowbody knows for sure. Until we can uncover anything that might need to be uncovered, I believe we all need to be open to anything. Progress can not be made if we are in the same spot all the time....



[Edited on 2-6-2004 by TrickmastertricK]



posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
OK, Facts are good. But what will you say when this time passes without event?

I am not denying the facts you state. It is just the time and the combination I question.

I am sure if I spend enough time I can pull together enough facts to back up any hoax I want to pull on even the best of you.

All I am saying is LOOK. really look at it all from ALL angles.

YES we could be faced with a series of impacts from space at any point in time that could wipe out humanity. but look at the odds. and also look at the real data available from real sources. there is no way to hide an event like this in this age.

If you put enough things together you can make it look like Bugs Bunny is actually a real leader of an alien race of beings who are about to invade earth after launching a series of giant carrots at us that will weaken our defences.

Gazz



posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz


If you put enough things together you can make it look like Bugs Bunny is actually a real leader of an alien race of beings who are about to invade earth after launching a series of giant carrots at us that will weaken our defences.

Gazz


And that Haliburton is really a subsidiary of Wyle E. Coyote's "ACME" company.....


Good point, we should look at all possible angles. I still can't help but think something is up though.



posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Came upon this little article mentioning that this deployment is dubbed: Summer Pulse 04....from the article:


The exercise continues through August with seven carriers and will include allied forces from around the world, officials said.


Further reading uncovers that this is a test to see if the Navy can deploy massive numbers of Carrier Groups to a crisis zone anywhere in the world in 30 days.....probably why the deployment is expected to last as long as it is scheduled to.


It is the first exercise of the Navy's new Fleet Response Plan, in which ships will move away from regularly scheduled, six-month deployments and instead be prepared to leave as world events demand.

The Navy wants to be able to send six carrier strike groups in less than 30 days to handle crises anywhere in the world, while having two more carrier strike groups ready to sail within three months to reinforce or rotate with those forces.

Navy Carrier Truman Sets Sail in Test of More Flexible Fleet Deployment Plan


Bear in mind that the:
> this will involve the Canadians, Dutch, UK, and some other nations.
> that the UK has massive numbers of ships involved, as well....this is a huge deployment for them.
> China is getting ready to do a massive naval/military execises.
> The Russian's are getting ready to do likewise, as is Iran.
> Singapore has a naval execise with the US upcoming.
> "Cobra Gold' execises between Thailand and the US just finished up.
> 5 Carrier Groups were deployed at any one time during the Iraq conflict.




seekerof



posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
... and a drill was meant to be conducted on the morning of 9/11 to test response to multiple hijackings in the United States. They happened to pick a morning there were multiple hijackings in the United States, but you can't help bad luck when you are the Bush administration, can you.



posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I just posted this in another thread, but seems to fit this one as well.... Well, if you believe in the Astroid theory:

check out neo.jpl.nasa.gov... and look at "Recently Discovered Near-Earth Asteroid Makes Record-breaking Approach to Earth " near the bottom of the page.
This was reported on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 the date of the arrival was on the 18th at 5pm. This asteroid came within half the distance of the moon from us. Did they not really know until this time, or did they finally have enough information to know that it would not hit us. So, they finally released it.... Or, do they really have no idea what is coming towards us?

I wonder what was happening a few weeks before this was released?



posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Some more information regarding the near earth objects for June 2004. One, called 25143 Itokawa, is expected to come its closest to Earth on June 27, 2004--I got this from the projected orbit simulation here:

link

And here is some more informative links. This is interesting, I wonder if this is what the rush is all about?

link

pdf file

link

If you google 25143 Itokawa, there is evidence it will be very close to earth by June 26/27, 2004.



posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz


There are a few people and some young ones that are in a near panic over this sick series of hoaxes. and it is not funny.

We could all be better served by taking a step back from all of this and using a rational thought pattern to search for some real answers to all that we are seeing. lets not give in to just what we see on the web or hear in speculative rumors. it is not healthy for people to be thinking things like this.

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by UM_Gazz]


You have a point here UM_Gazz!
I tend to let myself believe some wild stuff from time to time, but not to the point of hysteria. I did once tho. It was back in 1999. I was surfing the web looking up info on the upcomming meteor shower in November of that year (Pursius (sp?) I believe) and I found an article on a Nasa computer programmer that had fled to a cave in Indiana or something because of an earth bound meteor that was going to strike earth. This guy dipped out on his job and headed for the hills. I can't remember exactly what the article said, but I remember it scared the piss out of me.

Needless to say, it never happend. I remember having a "whats the point" additude about everything during that time too. My life was sort of on hold worrying if we were all going to die. My girlfriend felt the same way seeing this article. We actually thought since this guy was an employee of nasa that he knew something we didnt. Anyway, what a waste of a week or two worrying about nothing. It's enough to give someone a nervous breakdown.

I searched for a while on the web afor the article and this is all I could find:



A Kennedy Space Center computer programmer was in a cave last week awaiting the destruction of Earth by a meteor
home.att.net...


Does anyone remember this story? I believe it was posted on www.earthchangestv.com... but I found nothing there.



posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Facefirst

And that Haliburton is really a subsidiary of Wyle E. Coyote's "ACME" company.....


Good point, we should look at all possible angles. I still can't help but think something is up though.


I beg your pardon...the big red and gray is a subsidiary of NO ONE...

I believe ACME is a subsidiary of Halliburton.





posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Originally posted by Facefirst

And that Haliburton is really a subsidiary of Wyle E. Coyote's "ACME" company.....


Good point, we should look at all possible angles. I still can't help but think something is up though.


I beg your pardon...the big red and gray is a subsidiary of NO ONE...

I believe ACME is a subsidiary of Halliburton.




Memo from the NSA:

Please watch out for the following terrorist clues:

Falling Pianos
Falling Anvils
Falling Boat Anchors
Faulty Dynamite & Fuses
Coyotes disguised as female roadrunners
Malfunctioning catapults

Any tips leading to the arrests of said offenders would be greatly rewarded.

Thankyou for you time.
(meep-meep!)

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by Facefirst]



posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Has anyone debunked the snowball net post? I read that one 3 or 4 months ago and marked my calander on June 19th as the impact date. If some one has a link to prove Aussi Bloke is a hoax then please post it, But the snowball net post is still out there.

The first sign will be the cloud moving in to dim our sun around the 6th to 8th of this month. Ever wonder why they are letting the forest fires burn? An excuse maybe for the dimming?



posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave
Has anyone debunked the snowball net post?


www.abovetopsecret.com...
And buried in the "big thread" it's been debunked several times.



posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
... and a drill was meant to be conducted on the morning of 9/11 to test response to multiple hijackings in the United States. They happened to pick a morning there were multiple hijackings in the United States, but you can't help bad luck when you are the Bush administration, can you.


And the AB hoax also had a lot of coincidences just like 9/11, does it mean AB's asteroids are coming?

The Naval fleet, the dimming and sudden brightening of the sun, the references of a dust cloud we seem to be passing....does all that add up to three asteroids coming in this month?
Or is there another possible explanation?

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by Muaddib]



posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I have been reading these navy carrier/asteroid connection threads for a few days now and I just don't know what to think of then especially with the incident in Washington last night. I'm not saying that I am not overly paranoid, but I also don't jump on every wagon that passes by. Since I have little to no safety from rocks falling in random places, I'll just be aware of the possibility and not worry as it would prevent nothing. That is not to say that something seperate is not up with the navy carriers themselves, but I am still searching for the best explanation for that.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join