It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy Sending 7 Carrier Strike Groups to sea; Destination Unknown

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I doubt the impact theory. If they knew of an impending impact the entire fleet would have been sent to sea not just a select few.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
I doubt the impact theory. If they knew of an impending impact the entire fleet would have been sent to sea not just a select few.

yeah I doubt this also. I mean where the hell did they get this idea anyways?

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
You know I�m not sure. I didn�t read the entire thread but I think energy_wave brought the theory to this thread from one he started regarding an asteroid impact.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Moron to the left of me
Moron to the right of me
Moron in front of me waffled and blustered
Storm'd at with folly and shell,
Boldly we rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of Hell,
Into the posts of the uninformed 600.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
EW has had a number of threads regarding cataclysmic events recently. He is extremely worried and paranoid about what could happen. Part of it stems from a recent post talking about a major impact that the government is keeping from us. I believe that was tied into a link from the BushCountry website. That's the one that referenced a ham radio operator picking up a message on 11.176 MHz saying x days a hours until impact. Followed by a warning to the station transmitting that they were "in the clear", not using scrambling. That's supposed to happen in June. I think he's tied that in with the Venus transit and the NWO and too much time on the computer. I hope he starts to relax aa little.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Aside from the fact that "IF" there was an ocean impact being out at sea would not do you anygood. Also the "impacts" aren't supposed to happen until June 17.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
You guys may ask why I posted this in RATS. But there's a good reason for it. As I was checking the news today I came across this news article:

Navy to Deploy Carrier Groups to Test Rapid Readiness

A major exercise soon to be underway will have a large part of the Navy fleet deploying out of Norfolk.

WAVY News 10 has learned the Navy is sending seven carrier strike groups out to sea.

The exercise is designed to test the Navy's new rapid deployment readiness.

Several Norfolk-based carrier strike groups will participate. The USS George Washington is already deployed. Two others, the USS Enterprise and USS Harry S Truman will leave soon.

Other carriers involved in the exercise include the USS John F. Kennedy, the USS John S. Stennis, and the USS Ronald Reagan - which left Norfolk on Thursday.

While the Navy won't say where the seven carrier groups are going, the carriers not already deployed are expected to be gone for only one to two months.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I think they're putting them off the coast of Georgia in prep for the G-8 summit.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
A simple question - during the cold war it was common to announce the intention to hold exercises well in advance - to prevent missundersstandings with warsaw pact nations - if this is still the case then surely such an event is noted - to avoid an unneccesary rise in world tensions. Anyone find anything of this nature?

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
"Also the "impacts" aren't supposed to happen until June 17. "

The article said, they would be out at sea on the 10th for two weeks, that puts them on the East coast at aproximatly the same time and place as Aussi Bloke said the object would hit..

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I'm sorry EW, but you need to get out more. Who in their right mind would sail their carriers INTO the zone where the feared and probably imaginary asteroid will land?

Originally posted by energy_wave
It seems too coincidental to have naval manuvers off the East coast at the same time a rumored astoroid is about to hit in the same spot, along with this Iranian sub story

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Netchicken I think EW is hinting that that's exactly the point, that they want most of the ships destroyed, I could be wrong. EW, I disagree completly with you, that would be the dumbest thing any country would do.
I do believe that its very possible that :
1)They are deploying many of their ships to stay out at sea because of some specific threats to them. (remember the message the terrorists said they would attack an aircraft carrier)
2)They are deploying these ships because another war is about to start.
3)These are real military games and nothing more.

That's what I think, not sure which one but I think the whole AB thing has already gone too far and its just a hoax.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I wonder if this may have something to do with the G8 meeting. If Iran does try something the G8 meeting would be a very nice target.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I see no logic to anybody sending troops and equipment to ground zero of an asteroid impact. Its both suicidal and fruitless. Though if the asteroid is not really an asteroid at all and perhaps something else, then there might be logic to it. Such a viewpoint is incredibly lacking in evidence at this time.

[Edited on 31-5-2004 by heelstone]

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave
"Also the "impacts" aren't supposed to happen until June 17. "

The article said, they would be out at sea on the 10th for two weeks, that puts them on the East coast at aproximatly the same time and place as Aussi Bloke said the object would hit..

WHAT #ING ASTEROID?

Seriously, what the # is this asteroid you keep spouting about time and time again? Wheres your proof?

I know i'm not alone when i say you're really beginning to get on my proverbial tits with this impact bull#.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

I know i'm not alone when i say you're really beginning to get on my proverbial tits with this impact bull#.

I agree, I cant believe the main thread about this BS is still up and running. Its all just infighting and one man claiming he is the savior of mankind. Didnt the BrianLG thread get shut down for for the same reason.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I'd say a Naval blockade is on the cards. A year before the recent Iraq invasion US Prepositioning ships started arriving at a port near me. The US Navy had not visited the area for nearly ten years so this was a strange event. After a cover story of the crews needing R and R, they practised invasion procedures with the UK Royal Navy. As you may know Pre-positioning ships are integral to invasion.

Now, two years on and with no further US Navy visits during this period, two more US Navy ships have turned up, this time they are guided missile destroyers. After the usual Rand R they are conducting exercises with the RN in an area known for ASW exercises. (Ask any former Soviet "Fishing Trawler" skipper).

So possibly, in about a year, if not sooner, look out for a blockade in the Persian Gulf.

zero lift

First show up to practice invasion and now show up for ASW, Iran, subs ?

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Can some one supply the link to this infamous "asteroid" thread???

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Here's a few, not that I'm buying them, being I think that this type event can not be squashed from being broadcasted, but here are some:
Imminent Series of Asteroid Impacts, what to do?

energy_wave has been suppling and contributing to this thread:
Very Scary End Of The World Article
Is Earth In Imminent Danger From Inbound Meteors?

I don't know where he/she (e_w) is getting or finding this brand of 'hype' and hysteria, but he/she needs to certainly take a break from it:
World Wide Seismic Event II...

And more 'hype' and hysteria:
Cover-up/reality/or big movie promotion? Asteroid impact concern?

I could probably find loads more but I think that this is the type hype that comes around or with a Hollywood movie being released depicting the end of the world, as we know it.

seekerof

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Well, I have noticed that this tends to happen on ATS a lot. Something that is worthy of watching and discussing becomes an aggravating attempt to keep logic in the conversation because everybody and their favorite "theory" gets thrown in the mix. Seems that's what has happened again.

Some one earlier in the thread (I think it was heelstone maybe) pointed out that gathering most of your navy in the location of an impending asteroid hit wouldn't make too much sense, now would it?

I think some times if people would just drop their obsession/addiction to their theory and step back and look at each situation with a fresh set of eyes, there would end up being a lot less drama, a lot more efficient discussion, and a lot less wasted energy wading through the obfuscation.

Just for the record, whether there is about to be an impact or not...I don't see any logic in attaching it to a massive movement of naval ships. But then again, I usually don't see the logic in attaching HAARP to everything from earthquakes, to shuttles disintegrating to migraines either. That's my opinion.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Agreed Val.

Btw, here's another that is strictly related to this thread/topic. You can see where this is 'twisting' and 'spinning' to:
Either this is the biggest military exercise ever, or something is up.

seekerof

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join