It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News (conservatives) declare WAR against Higher Education

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Very interesting, but Churchill must have said something similar for the quote to be widely attributed to him. Since I don't trust agenda driven websites, I will continue to credit Churchill with this statement. This in not 100% decided because some liberal decided this statement was offensive to him.

This is why nobody takes conservatives seriously.

"A liberal must have made up that bit about him never saying it, so I think I'll just continue to ignore the hard evidence and go with my gut."

Sorry, I don't mean to lump all conservatives in one pile, but Colbert does a perfect characterization of you guys.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

thinkexist.com...

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”
Winston Churchill quotes

Once again...just because a lefty website said Churchill didn't say it, doesn't mean I have to believe it.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

So uh...where exactly did everyone at Fox get their journalism degrees if higher education is such a bad thing?

Your assumption that "everyone" at Fox news got their journalism degree is erroneous, indicative of your bias, and further proof that educating one's self and looking things up is not the MO of the typical Fox News audience.

Sean Hannity:

Hannity dropped out of New York University and Adelphi University to pursue his broadcasting career. en.wikipedia.org...

Geraldo Rivera:

He received his J.D. from Brooklyn Law School in 1969, did postgraduate work at the University of Pennsylvania that same year,[8] and briefly attended the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism during the summer of 1970. en.wikipedia.org...

Glenn beck:

Beck was raised as a Roman Catholic and attended private Immaculate Conception Catholic School in Mount Vernon. At age 13, he won a contest that landed him his first broadcast gig as a disc-jockey for his hometown radio station, KBRC. en.wikipedia.org...

Neil Cavuto apparently has a journalism degree: people.famouswhy.com...
and Bill O'Reilly of all people has a Masters in Journalism.

This is just to get you started, should you wish to look things up for yourself you will find that not only not "everyone" has a journalism degree at Fox News but that in fact a great deal do not. Irony requires facts, something to consider next time you engage in its application.

-haterproof-

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with the study; I've always thought that people who go to college are much more likely to be liberal than conservative.

At university, the first thing I noticed, from the very start, is that you are encouraged to CRITICIZE and come up with your OWN opinion. They teach you to THINK FOR YOURSELF rather than just listen to and believe anything that people tell you.

Fox news suggesting that it might be better not to go to college is probably the lamest, most incredibly stupid and biased opinion I have ever heard, PERIOD.

Of course some professors are going to have their own agendas to push forward, but that doesn't mean that the liberal sociologist is going to turn each and every single one of his students into a revolutionary-crazed communist!

If anything, I have found living in university to be the closest thing possible to an ideal world:

-Acceptance of others, regardless of race, religion, culture, sexuality, or politcal/philosophical views. There are disagreements of course, but respect is enforced

-Living in an environment where freedom of speech is encouraged. As long as you are not slandering, you can say whatever you want, and post whatever you want.

-Promotion of equality for all

Of course there are, and always will be exceptions, I was sold in to how awesome it was the first day of classes:

There were 2 club sign up booths; one for the christian bible study club, and the other for the atheist club, side by side. The two booth runners, both heads of their respective clubs, happened to be best friends; as I stopped by, the Atheist club guy had just come back from the food court, and had bought the christian club guy lunch.

Fox news/conservative anti-eduation fools=

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Very interesting, but Churchill must have said something similar for the quote to be widely attributed to him. Since I don't trust agenda driven websites, I will continue to credit Churchill with this statement. This in not 100% decided because some liberal decided this statement was offensive to him.

LOL...

remember folks, if the facts dont fit your worldview...change them, facts are tools for liberal elitists anyhow.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

"A liberal must have made up that bit about him never saying it, so I think I'll just continue to ignore the hard evidence and go with my gut."

Sorry, I don't mean to lump all conservatives in one pile, but Colbert does a perfect characterization of you guys.

Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. Thanks for posting. Star from me.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by haterproof

So uh...where exactly did everyone at Fox get their journalism degrees if higher education is such a bad thing?

Your assumption that "everyone" at Fox news got their journalism degree is erroneous, indicative of your bias, and further proof that educating one's self and looking things up is not the MO of the typical Fox News audience.

Sean Hannity:

Hannity dropped out of New York University and Adelphi University to pursue his broadcasting career. en.wikipedia.org...

Geraldo Rivera:

He received his J.D. from Brooklyn Law School in 1969, did postgraduate work at the University of Pennsylvania that same year,[8] and briefly attended the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism during the summer of 1970. en.wikipedia.org...

Glenn beck:

Beck was raised as a Roman Catholic and attended private Immaculate Conception Catholic School in Mount Vernon. At age 13, he won a contest that landed him his first broadcast gig as a disc-jockey for his hometown radio station, KBRC. en.wikipedia.org...

This is just to get you started, should you wish to look things up for yourself you will find that not only not "everyone" has a journalism degree at Fox News but that in fact a great deal do not. Irony requires facts, something to consider next time you engage in its application.

-haterproof-

Whatever you do, do NOT look at where Keith Olberman and Rachael Maddow got their degrees...

dont look..dont look!!!!!

you'll be sorry..

(not to you mate, to fox news robots...they really dont want to find out)

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

thinkexist.com...

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”
Winston Churchill quotes

Once again...just because a lefty website said Churchill didn't say it, doesn't mean I have to believe it.

You're making no sense now. I would advice not posting anymore because you're destroying your cause.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

LOL...

remember folks, if the facts dont fit your worldview...change them, facts are tools for liberal elitists anyhow.

Its a sad world that we live in. Sad indeed. That poor guy needs adversity. Unfortunately, it appears that he's his own worst enemy.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

Can't agree with your post more. Thanks for posting.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

thinkexist.com...

Winston Churchill quotes

aaand the final smackdown on this dead horse...

Misattributed
If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
According to research by Mark T. Shirey, citing Nice Guys Finish Seventh: False Phrases, Spurious Sayings, and Familiar Misquotations by Ralph Keyes, 1992, this quote was first uttered by mid-nineteenth century historian and statesman François Guizot when he observed, Not to be a republican at 20 is proof of want of heart; to be one at 30 is proof of want of head. This quote has been attributed variously to George Bernard Shaw, Benjamin Disraeli, Otto von Bismarck, and others.

from t3h WiKi

Remember kids, friends dont let friends surf drunk, and if they do, they block propaganda websites.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Incidently, I did send a revision request to thinkexist that they may wish to correct their error. Did you know I can put any quote I want and attribute it to whomever I choose on that boy.

Understandable though...was looking at their contributors to the quotes site...its random people.

For some reason, I am skeptical about Juicy1181's research into the authenticity of the quotes she provided.

I might attribute some silly stuff to Einstein for a laugh and freak some people out.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Hmmm. You seem confused as first of all, I am not even remotely a typical Fox "News" audience member. I listen to Hannity, Beck, and Oreilly on the radio, not by choice but I enjoy the laughs.

I am also confused as to what bias you are describing? I am biased because I assumed journalists had a degree in journalism? Silly me. I guess I just kind of thought they should in order to expect any credibility but hey.

-haterproof-

LOL. Speaking of irony. I believe you are chastising me for being a Fox news defender of some sort. Did you dare read my actual post, you would see that I was actually pointing out 2 things.

1-Journalists that have a degree in journalism cannot use their educational institutions to base their assertions that those institutions are faulty.

2-Fox news is full of crap pretty much all the time.

All you did was validate that by proving it but your overall tone and actual words to me show you had no idea you were backing me up. Thank you.

Oh the irony.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

My apologies, I seem to have misread your intent.
Irony restored, personal auto-flogging sequence instigated.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

So...to whom then? Can someone please explain what in my post made it look like I was defending Fox news in any way?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

So...to whom then? Can someone please explain what in my post made it look like I was defending Fox news in any way?

No, your misinterpreting whats said...people arent hammering you, they are building off of you. adding to it.

at least thats how I see it.

aka, you asked: Where did they then goto school
Someone replied: Thats easy...half of them didnt
I added: But their counterparts did, in a very big way

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

No, your misinterpreting whats said...people arent hammering you, they are building off of you. adding to it.

at least thats how I see it.

aka, you asked: Where did they then goto school
Someone replied: Thats easy...half of them didnt
I added: But their counterparts did, in a very big way

See, I thought hatproof missed my point but you tried to pull it back in the right direction. Then I saw the little parenthetical statement at the bottom and was not sure if you were also deciding I had said what hatproof seemed to think I had.

I understand that hatproof was stating that most of them did not go to school but read the context. They were clearly beating me up as a fox viewer over it. I am still not sure what I said that even remotely appeared that way.

I feel better now because this means I was right about you the first time so sorry but I had to ask.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

reply to post by K J Gunderson

My apologies, I seem to have misread your intent.
Irony restored, personal auto-flogging sequence instigated.

Ah, and that is why I had to ask. I thought perhaps there was some confusion but was not certain. Thanks for clearing that up. I hope you see more clearly what it is I actually said now.

Thanks for all the extra irony though.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

The local news stated that some politician in Utah wanted the 12th year of public school eliminated because most students only played that year away. Of course the rest of the people in charge quickly put the muffler on this person's mouth. Did not hear anything about FOX being against education.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

Fox News (conservatives) declare WAR against Higher Education

your under some kinda control to beleive this..

All in all, when your last breath is exhaled, from your lungs, if you are self aware of your death try to remember some of the stupidest things you have ever done.. This post included..

Control. Choose a side of it..

Freedom, has no sides, and occurs at higher learning, the type of learning slave money cannot aquire..

yet continue with thy diligents... It beguiles my understanding of human nature..

[edit on 16-2-2010 by Bicent76]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join