It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

trail cam picture - What is it?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by deinonychus
As I have already pointed out, this is a dog.

I have to admit, that reading through some of this posts gives me both a big smile, and the makes me shudder at the same time. Funny, and terrifying on how easily we miss the obvious.

It is running away from the camera, in a bound, giving the illusion of arms. It's head is turned ever so slightly towards it's right.

The lighting is what is both masking some of it's features, and highlighting others, creating the illusion that it has abnormal muscular development, and a hairless body.

I can't believe how far a picture of a dog has gotten!

Exactly my thoughts, thank you.
Also, I haven't found out yet how to see a 'hunter with backpack' in the pic. I've tried, though.

Originally posted by Zeta Reticuli

If you are so sure then please post a picture of which dog you find this to be.

To me it looks like a similar race as this one (argentine dog), but dark haired:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/249cae3de42f.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/56103637025b.jpg[/atsimg]

Either that or a cougar.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover
reply to post by xstealth

Can you provide a link to the original pic?

forum.gon.com...

He says he got the image off a Louisiana forum.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Looks like a hunting dog to me.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I stilll think my theory at the top of page two will completely suffice......

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Now, I want you all to bear with me on this, because it's so simple it HAS to be the right answer.

What we're seeing is an image of a creature that nobody would ever expect to see in Louisiana; and, yet, if you stare at the image, it becomes very obvious...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3f15d617160d.gif[/atsimg]

It is, without question, a very small Indian Elephant.

Thank you. Thank you all.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by deinonychus

I agreed with the hunter hypothesis first, but looking at the sharpened picture I think that you're right: It is a dog. And, specifically, resembles a pitbull.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Ok, this scares me, b/c what does it say about ME?

But it looks like 2 people having sex to me.
I thought that first, then I thought it was a lion, then I looked again and I thought again it looks like 2 people having sex.

The 'small arms' belong to the female. The big legs are the males, hunched over her. The 'tail' that some of you are saying is a deer's - to me that's 2 heads very close together.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I'm really kind of amazed that the Chupacabra team isn't all over this, right? I mean, we have some sweet chupacabra-like characteristics... Slim forelimbs, stronger hind legs (for standing), oddly-shaped head, has nobody really asked of this thing is Chupacabra?

Because Chupacabra has gotta be down home in Louisiana, chilluns... They is all sorts ub scary critters on back in dem swamps an' on down in de bio (that's how we say "bayou" in the Gulf States, it's bio, like biology). Of which there is a lot in Louisiana. But they is also very superstitious on down in dem woods, dem Cajuns will tell ya. De debbil lib out in dem woods, shy, I tell ye!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8dcfd869ffb7.gif[/atsimg]

Pardon, sometimes I lapse into my east Texas kayjoon language. It comes in handy when dealing with southerners, Cajuns, an' most ub de peeple down dair, even though I'm up here in the Great Smoky Mountains.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

Well, that's an interesting snap.

I'm leaning towards a lucky, if somewhat weird angled shot of a rare and endangered example of a Louisiana black bear.

The head really shows it up as a bear, the weird looking parts are the hind quarters and the 'arms'.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
looks like someone trying to get recognition from a staged photo.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
it's an inbreded swampman x with a bear/deer/javelina/chupacabra/easter bunny/santa claus/hunter HYBRID...that's what it is.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure it's someone bending over, but the weird thing is that the nature of the moultrie cam is to take pictures from movement, for someone to get into the frame and whatnot wouldn't there be more pictures? Those cameras are expensive, but handy.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

Thanks for the desaturated photo. It's clear to me now. That the wicked witch with Toto in a bag slung over her back. I can see the wheels of her bicycle. She is peddling furiously to avoid the oncoming tornado. It blew her evil hat forward and to the left and we just see the rim making her face look grotesquely our of porportion. She may be on steriods and cover with saran wrap.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Love your graphic, but chupie has wings!

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
i don't know but when i enlarge the picture,it looks like a young horse to me,or foal,or whatever you might call it in English (sorry,not my native language)

are wild horses native to that part of America maybe?just a offtopic question...

also,the hunting dog idea kinda makes sense to me.

but like i said,i don't know,it's just my own opinion,i could be very wrong.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by deinonychus
Well, as interesting as this picture was at first glance, I can assure you that it is a pit bull terrier.

The scale is what is confusing.

It is a dog.

you have my vote and star'd, yeah dog running away from where camera is

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
the next time you put down a trail camera, please for us, put in other cameras look back at one another. So we have a circular view of the area you want to see. And next time you'll see the hunter. LOL

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Ok, I looked at it for about ten mins...not sure what it was after reading all the different theories, so I asked my eight year old to look and tell me what it was,

"oh that's just a mom lion running way from something" he said right away and walked away.....so I am going with him a lion or cougar or big cat.

[edit on 13-2-2010 by fernx]

[edit on 13-2-2010 by fernx]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I'm not even going to write a explaination because I find it stupid that i'm even replying to this post, it's a freakin DOG. What the hell is everyone doing in ATS trying to flip-flop or debunk a dog picture? Theres no speculation or opinion on this... it's is a freakin dog, clear as day. Maybe it's possible that some of you have worse vision than me, agree and excuse your rediculous debate. Everyone else not suffering from some medical problem and have relatively good sight, find another post worth debating. This is ABOVE TOP SECRET, not NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Ok, I give up.
So what is it?

One more try, maybe its a buffalo, with wings.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join