It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

trail cam picture - What is it?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
To me...
It looks like a dog, with his left rear paw up for a scratch or a spritz. I think that is his tail aiming at two o'clock.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I think it's a galloping horse. see my YouTube video for a very basic and simply overlay analysis.
View the Full-screen HD for clearer picture....

Youtube link:

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Nice -- I watched your vid before I read your comment and I thought it was a deer being carried over someone's shoulder.

reply to post by Sf18443

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew hempel
Nice -- I watched your vid before I read your comment and I thought it was a deer being carried over someone's shoulder.

reply to post by Sf18443

Yeah... I think it is definitely a long-nose animal of some sort...

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

Is this from your camera? If so, could we see other pictures from other times/dates, possibly with pics of deer? If not yours, what is the source? How do you know it is located in Louisiana?

To clear up a few misconceptions: If this pic is from Louisiana, there are no moose and very few bears. It is not unusual to have only one pic, from a trail cam. The cheaper or older cams don't have video or rapid exposure. Most have a timer, which allows only one pic every so many seconds, in order to preserve film (on the older 35mm cams) or battery life and memory card space (on the digital cams). If a hunter is carrying a deer, it is definitely not under his arm. The only possible way would be to have it over the hunter's shoulders, with the forelegs on one side of the neck and the hind legs on the other. Not likely. All hunters that I know merely drag the deer.

Until we get more comparative pics or, at least, more info, I'm going to place a small bet on dog. It appears to be slightly quartering away, to the right. Running into the rising or setting sun is causing some shadowing, which is what is causing all the confusing.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
If that's a horse, and still assuming this is Bushnell, Florida...those are some really big trees and some HUGE leaves and blades of grass.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
OMG! It's Gov. Mark Sanford! He really was hiking the Appalachian trail!

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
If that's a horse, and still assuming this is Bushnell, Florida...those are some really big trees and some HUGE leaves and blades of grass.

Bushnell is the name of the company that makes the trail camera. The OP states the photograph was taken by a motion activated trail camera in Louisiana. But your analysis is partially flawed in my opinion. The grass is most likely tall and in the foreground. The 'animal' appears to be closer to the trees and it is not odd for a horse to stand 4 to 6 feet off the ground, and we have no way of knowing, from this image, how far the trees are away from the camera and the animal.

Bushnell Trail Cameras

[edit on 12-2-2010 by Sf18443]

[edit on 12-2-2010 by Sf18443]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

It's not Bushnell, FL. It is a Bushnell brand camera.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sf18443

and we have no way of knowing, from this image, how far the trees are away from the camera and the animal.

fair enough, there in lies the depth perception argument. It appears that the trees are only 20+ feet away from the camera. There again this could just be my perception. Truth of the matter is, we'll never truly know, but I will say it has been fun debating the possibilities. I still haven't discounted my flying butt monkey theory. Anything's possible.

[edit on 2/12/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Hey OP, re-post the picture without stripping the EXIF info from the .jpg
My Irfanview program just busted your ass

[edit on 12-2-2010 by logistix111]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by logistix111

Please share your find. If possible, keep it simple. My computer IQ is quite low!

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t

Originally posted by Sf18443

and we have no way of knowing, from this image, how far the trees are away from the camera and the animal.

fair enough, there in lies the depth perception argument. It appears that the trees are only 20+ feet away from the tree line. There again this could just be my perception. Truth of the matter is, we'll never truly know, but I will say it has been fun debating the possibilities. I still haven't discounted my flying butt monkey theory. Anything's possible.

Haha... flying butt monkey!? That is hilarious. and honestly could be anything...

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I think it looks like a dog slightly angled.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Here is a more high contrast color corrected image

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by logistix111

[edit on 12-2-2010 by logistix111]

Don't have it, I ripped the image off a hunting forum. I am a hunter myself and read the forums to see what is going on.

One thing I know is not all JPG's carry EXIF Tags, so that isn't proof. Plus you don't need Irfanview. Right click the file go to properties and view details.

This can't be a hoax on my part, because I don't have a clue what it is myself.

Originally posted by WTFover

Is this from your camera? If so, could we see other pictures from other times/dates, possibly with pics of deer? If not yours, what is the source? How do you know it is located in Louisiana?

Not my camera, I don't know who owns it. The poster on the hunting forum claimed it was taken in LA.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by logistix111

Not so fast... Uploading any photo through the ATS Media Server RESAMPLES the image, wiping out the original creator info in the EXIF data.

I assume you saw something like this in your EXIF viewer:

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 80

That's the new creator information that the ATS Media Server applies to every photo.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
OOoooo! I wanna play too!

I'm seeing quite distinctly 2 very different things. The more supernatural thing I'm seeing is Lavos from the videogame Chrono trigger, bending over.

[url=http://media.strategywiki.org/images/thumb/2/21/Chrono_Trigger_Sprites_Lavos_humanoid.png/80px-Chrono_Trigger_Sprites_Lavos_humanoid.png]Lavos[/u rl]

The other thing I'm seeing is a man with a sleeping bag rolled up on his back, bending over picking up an item that could be a rope, or a strap of some kind. Maybe he's folding up a T-shirt. The man is wearing a cap. People seem to be making the entire area part of this guys head. His head is only a small portion furthest to the right.

Edit: I guess I don't know how to link correctly, it came out as the url..

[edit on 12-2-2010 by danj3ris]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Can you provide a link to the original pic?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join