It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

trail cam picture - What is it?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Movhisattva

"I have to admit, that reading through some of this posts gives me both a big smile, and the makes me shudder at the same time. Funny, and terrifying on how easily we miss the obvious."

Well since its fact that the object in the captured frame has not been 100% postively identified as a Dog and that there are many that feel it is something else. Your feeling of terror maybe a little misplaced unless you have absolute proof that you are not sharing .... the rest is personal opinion.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jbmitch

You've quoted Deinonychus' words, not mine... I just quoted him myself.
Bless.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I have a great Idea.

Anyone who cannot see that this is a DOG, has to get their eyes checked.

Then they have to come back here and tell us what was wrong with their eyes.

This picture is of a DOG. No If's, One Butts... Butts of 1 dog, that is.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

I take it that you do not hunt very much?

I had to download the original and zoom in before I could make it out.

It looks to me like a hunter dressed in camoflauge and wearing a hat (as many bow hunters do). He also appears to be carring a deer over his shoulders (note the legs dangling off to one side).

*For those who have never packed a buck, imagine carrying a 150 pound sack of flour on your shoulders. To keep your balence, you must lean forward.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Hey guys, I've done everything to this picture I can think of and here's what I came up with, I'm not saying it's positive just another slant on it.

Looks like a guy with a hat picking up a crate but I could be totally wrong.

Hump

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
It's probably easier to say what it couldn't be first. Some have said it is some type of big cat or feline, but no living or extinct cat would have a snout that long (the part sticking out and down on the right). I am also uncomfortable with the idea of it being any type of animal, whether native to the area or not. At first I thought it might be a black bear with mange (which would make the head look larger and the ears and nose more obvious), but the bulky object on the back of the thing (that many are calling a back pack or bed roll) lacks natural form IMO.

Also, if you look where the animal's hip apparently is (the sun looks be highlighting the outer part of the pelvic bone defined by muscle), you'll notice that its knee is almost impossibly far down on the leg(s). In other words, for this to be a dog (a dog w/o something strapped on its back), it is way out of proportion or deformed. There are few living quadrepedal animals with these sorts of proportions (wallabies and kangaroos come to mind as those that do have very long hind limbs and very short forelimbs, and they are mostly bipedal, but certainly no dog, deer horse or bear) of having hind legs nearly twice the length of the forelimbs, even when photographed at an angle.

My thoughts are that it is either a man with some pack equipment on his back and some other gear, or a dog with a pack on its back.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I might be able to buy the deer explanation, if someone could come up with a believable excuse for the rest of the anomaly.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by tyranny22]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Damian-007

I think you're one of many who need an eye examine.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by skid

hey that's what I said too -- deer over the shoulders of a hunter. Right on.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by drew hempel]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

It's a froggy dinoman. Seriously. Big bulging eyes out of the side of it's head... and a large carnivorous jaw. Unusually elongated front appendages. High and very muscular haunches. Do you have any friends who know about the trail cam and are into pranks?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
like i said 10 pages ago. Its a bow hunter carrying a dear he killed out of the woods. I feel pretty confident about this because I bow hunt every year. The guy is bent way over trying to carry the darn thing instead of dragging it. A hundred and fifty pounds of dead weight is hard to move by yourself.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by murfdog

I'm changing my guess. It's a dog. Yup.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Hey all just a quick note.. The thing in the back is a swinging tail. kinda looks like a lion. the way the sun is shining is hard to tell but the tail end is extra shaggy.. or Some other smallish cat or creature. Considering it was the only picture, which i find hard to beleive. Instant pictures are just that instant considering the path that creature was taking. It was either really fast..No blur by the way. Or it is a mockery of our intelligence. With a swinging tail and its path save it teleported int veiw.There is no way it could have been a single picture. The first pic would have captured it on the far left considering its path.. and the last though this could have been the last, would have had prior pictures.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Another quick thought... Thats the head facing.

And this possibly the rear end we see mind you this thing is moving so one back leg blend in the shadow mayking its two back legs look like one big leg

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by thaknobodi
Misplaced baby elephant. No one said elephant yet.

I see a highly emaciated baby elephant. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
One thing it isn't is a real good picture of anything.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Its a bear. Look at the head.

Judging from the lack of foliage on the trees I'd guess this was taken in early Spring/late Winter when bears come out of hibernation and have lost lots of body fat.

I do wish people would think of a normal explanation before jumping to unrealistic conclusions.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Simply switch the angles.. Cow swinging tail

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Therian

It's a dog. No really, it is a dog. There are people seeing lions and tigers and bears. Indian elephants, alien creatures, moose, hunters carrying deer( I drag mine.???), all manner of things! I didn't notice camels in the list. It's a dog..... sorry for the rant. I am done.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Therian

Simply switch the angles.. Cow swinging tail
Thought I was done ranting.... It's a cow? What kind of crazy arsed farm did you grow up on? Was the farm on an island? Was you fathers last name Moreau? Just funnin', but I don't think it's a cow. I still think it's a dog.

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join