It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

trail cam picture - What is it?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I think it looks like a "big cat" trotting or galloping away from the camera -- Perhaps a cougar.
Texas cougars are known to live in Louisiana.

Its tail is to the right and almost horizontal. I can see its snout and ears. Its front legs look like they may both be off the ground, but probably ready to land again on the ground. I can only see its right back leg, but its left back leg may be in a forward position (if its galloping or trotting), and therefore obscured by its body (i.e., its left back leg is forward, and it is currently pushing off of its right back leg).

The long and thing tail is what makes me think "cougar".

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/797decfe008c.jpg[/atsimg]

My second thought was "person with backpack bending over".

[edit on 2/12/2010 by Box of Rain]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Here's a nice GIF showing possible options:

Don't forget to scroll!

I thought it was HAARP at first, but clues seem to lead away from that theory sadly.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Box of Rain

Nice job labeling the various parts of the animal. That is the way that I look at the photo, but I see a large breed of dog ( boxer, pit bull, mastiff ) with a tail. And he has stopped to pee, lifting the left leg.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SassyCat

HAARP! What is that strange light coming through the trees on the right????

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Edited Picture

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f06917c73475.jpg[/atsimg]

Semper

it looks to me to be a hunter carrying a quiver, or a pool hustler looking for a game in the woods

Seriously though it looks like a quiver straped over the back of some one whos hunched over

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
It is just a damn DOG people!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
and it is not very big either i mean look at the vines around it... it is just a close taken picture ...and it is not missing a leg it is just walking and the back leg is in front of the other one.. but i can see how it would freak people out... good find..

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cygnus_Hunter
Hiyas !

Just blew the size of it up in paint (500/500),and to me it looks like a big cat,the picture is shot from an angle from his/her right hand side(and slightly behind).Its tail is swishing,and is on its right hand side.

Nice big cat!

[edit on 11-2-2010 by Cygnus_Hunter]

How can you possibly think its a cat? WTF!
Its HUGE dude!

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
the dog i am thinking of is a wolf hound but that is just a guess...

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
It is a cow or young moose with its ears down walking away and to the right.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
sorta looks like a moose to me...

weird angle of course.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Its a ninja hunting bigfoot

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Its a deer....a deer...a deer...a deer...I tell you its a deer with its head down grazing.......being attacked by a triangular shaped UFO

I have looked and looked and looked...and I cannot for the life of me figure out what the hell the triangular shaped thing is with the "rods" on it..

But the animal is a very well fed deer.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JahKinG SouLJaH

Hiya WTF dude !

Ill post this link again,just in case you didn't see it the first time around,cougars are not the chihuahuas of the cat family.

Don't be fooled by perspective and lighting or poor resolution,it may or may not be a big cat,but don't discount it either.

Look at the link.......Looooook at the link.

www.wlf.louisiana.gov...

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
It's got the weirdest gait, that is if those are two limbs to be seen dangling rather than on the ground, apes swing their arms symmetrically if walking bipedial, (there is a term for it, which I forget) in fact, I don't think there is anything that walks or rather has a stance like that, but then.. it is in Louisiana. Cygnus, may well have it, a Cougar that's picked up a little deer.

[edit on 12-2-2010 by smurfy]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JahKinG SouLJaH

Originally posted by Cygnus_Hunter
Just blew the size of it up in paint (500/500),and to me it looks like a big cat,the picture is shot from an angle from his/her right hand side(and slightly behind).Its tail is swishing,and is on its right hand side.

Nice big cat!

How can you possibly think its a cat? WTF!
Its HUGE dude!

The term "big cat" usually does NOT refer to an over-fed house cat, but rather that term usually means cougar, lion, tiger, etc.

The long thick tail (curled to the right in the photo, but extends all the way toward its head, as I showed in my previous post) makes me think "cougar" -- probably a Texas cougar:
Cougar

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
It's got the weirdest gait, that is if those are two limbs to be seen dangling rather than on the ground, apes swing their arms symmetrically if walking bipedial, (there is a term for it, which I forget) in fact, I don't think there is anything that walks or rather has a stance like that, but then.. it is in Louisiana.

As I mentioned in my post at the top of this page, I think the picture caught this animal in mid-stride while galloping or trotting.

Therefore, I don't think the front legs are "dangling", but rather they are in the air and ready to land. The left hind leg is forward and obscured by the body, and the right hind leg is back...the animal seems to be pushing off of that leg the moment the image was taken...

...just like this picture (front legs off the ground, one rear leg forward, one rear leg back):
Cougar Running

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
OMG, IT'S THE DEVO DOG!

... no, actually that's poor Ned Beatty running for his life.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Its a Normal Earth Animal. Sorry to burst your bubble... You see, the human mind is a peculiar thing, for example, while looking at a pile of leafs one would often perceive familiar shapes and figures in random objects, even with the knowledge that it is a perceptive illusion created by our mind. We tend to see familiar shapes /objects of those that we are interested with, ( Of course this doesn't apply for all examples.)

[edit on 12-2-2010 by Inertia]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
It looks like a horse walking away from the camera. (maybe Moose.) See how front leg bends. horses and moose walk with forward foot held high to take step as other side leg comes back.. smooth skin like horse. Head held same level as back plodding. ears turned back. tail between hind legs. No mystery here.

can see leg flanks and hip bones.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join