It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WSJ: "Prepare for an apocalyptic anarchy ending Wall Street's toxic capitalism"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

A deal is already done. It was stated this morning.

I could really care less what they do as they have about no literal impact on our economy. But they will be bailed-out (re-schedule their debt). Now they are going to play the game of making them wait it out over the weekend just to show "they mean it" this time when they bail them out. This country has never been solvent from my understanding at any one point. So this I am sure has already been mulled over previously.

The more interesting impact is on our dollar. It will be interesting to see on Friday who is playing what cards before close. Could be a big time US Market rally if funds are covering once again before the weekend and perhaps even taking short term long positions.

This will be a total buy the rumor and sell the news. Meaning US Markets will go up then go down as the dollar will go stronger (selling euro).

Also could be that banks are propping up Euro in the meantime because there is huge selling pressure. A euro that plummets against the dollar isn't exactly good for business for a lot of people.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Well Well. Isn't that what we said when Dubai went by by. We woke up the next day and breathed a sigh of relief, that somehow it didn't affect us. It may only affect a few countries in Europe. Like say Greece or Italy or Spain.

Now they are in danger of collapse and again we try to kid ourselves into believing that somehow it wont affect us. Wake up. It is not called a Globel Economy for nothing. We are all in this together for better or worse.

Sure we may wake up tomorrow and the birds will be singing and all may seem well. Kinda like a tidal wave. It starts way far away and if you don't build a detection system you never see it comming. If you ignore the warnings then you are a fool. Maybe a dead one.

The wave is comming and we have a chance to prepare for it.

Don't wake up tomorrow and pretend that all is well. THINK What can I do that could make a difference. THEN ACT. Make a difference.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Greece is not the first country ever to go by by...
It is not like it is a country alone, so they can't just print money. The question there is more who gets paid what, and maybe who has such old intrests paid up and they have to loose some intrest on the deal.
As the currency is quarantied by others they still have means to manouver.

The big problem we al are seeing. That money and value disagree. Our economy ist stabilising itself into oblivion.
For a sound economy you have to have some inflation. Not a lot, but more than intressts.
We live in a situation the bread made and sold two years ago is worth the same than one sold today. And that is not true. the one sold two years ago is history. The one sold today means work today, and someone gets fed.
If you can put a hundret bucks in a bank and allways get the same or more back...
If you buy a house and although the hous gets older its becomming worth more and more...
It is like a perpetum mobile in physiks...
No they don't work here nore there, somtimes it looks like it, but somtimes there is a bill to be paid.
The Problem we have now, we wan't to honor history the same as the present. It won't work.
The big problem as I see it: The banks tried to make money out of nothing. They took a baloon filled it with air and said, we are serious you can trust us this is worth so much.
As long as handeled carefully everything went well. until the first baloon blows.
Now we know how that went.
We the ordinary people had to bail the idiots out, because we need banks to work.
Now they are doing the same tricks over again.
I mean more or less the United States took a lot of privat insolvencieces and sold that to the rest of the world. Those still can't come up with all the mony that is gone.
Any economic system can survive a crash, but there must be a reconsillation in the trust lost.
That is where it realy gets treacherous. If you can't trust a bank any more... you loose the possibility to interchange goods for money.
Once upon the times there was a gold reserve to stand against the paper currency. Nowadays a Bank takes out a loan to the reserve, the security for that loan is all there is. If the bank does not have enough security no loan... less money. deflation.

Belive me we need inflaton, inflation gives importance to the now, and history to yesterday.

Just the superrich won't like that one. They have the most to loose on this one.

As to prepare for bad times. As a plumber have pipes. There will allways be a demand, maybe no money to pay you, but maybe bread to be had. And the like If you can satisfy a local market you won't go out of bussines.
Some regions have local currencies, to help keep the money local, that might be a way to keep your town running if the rest crahses

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Well, the stock market, and the economy, is an open system that is influenced by unpredictable external factors (just like global climate). Just when the Greece situation seems managed, out of nowhere China raises depository reserves for banks and the market drops again.

Raising depository reserves makes you wonder why they would batten down the hatches, what near term storm is China preparing for?

[edit on 12-2-2010 by Dbriefed]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Damn, I guess they were wrong again, or you all just got trolled by the WSJ.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
There's a related thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm not sure why the sheer size of the debt-bomb at $670 Trillion (from the WSJ article) is not common knowledge by every American and European at this juncture.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Update from the New York Times Saturday 2/13/10
Wall Street Helped to Mask Debts Shaking Europe

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I think there is a lot to be said for occult subliminal signals in art. Take a look at this Google disclosure:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join