Originally posted by Blaine91555
Originally posted by jtma508
Oh, and after we win, we eat our lawyers.
As long as you don't forget the Chianti and Fava Beans.
All us normal people can truly do is ride out the storm and pray. Being a glass is half full person, I think that article is not literal in the sense some here might take it. Mad Max need not tune up his vehicles quite yet. It is a bit premature to migrate to the wasteland with a pushcart full of weapons and explosives.
An advantage of 299 to 1 in an apocalyptic scenario makes the Fat Cat's the Underdogs. When money ceases to matter, we have the advantage in a huge way. They know that. The first time they run out of toilet paper or their garden needs weeding they will self destruct.
When push comes to shove, the skills of the common man far outweigh the financial prowess of the elite. A man with a pick and shovel will be worth a hundred Bankers in fact. We who know how to bait a hook or field dress wild game will rule. Be very afraid my Banker friends. We can survive without you. It is you that needs us.
Originally posted by aristocrat2
The salvation of Greece.
Ironically, the strong trade union movement and presence of extreme left in the country might actually save Greece from going under.
If some form of General Strike is called, then the Government of Greece will not have to pay the strikers' salaries nor provide those public services whilst it is on. The massive cost saving just might allow them to pull back from the brink.
suddenly discovered on the floor of the Greek parliament that the government of PASOK scattered 800 euro paychecks at people who is said-and note the terms used by the Ministry of Finance - ... ...
Foreign skinites and dendrites!
. According to what we in parliament SPECIFIED there twenty-two thousand such cases (sic!).
To better understand the theater of the absurd in which viewers are victims, the notice of the Ministry of Finance tabled the minutes of the House (as example) - concerned the Albanian illegal immigrant Aydin Murat who lives at the address .... New National Road Patras-Pyrgos, number zero, (skinitis) parentheses.
Originally posted by WatchRider
Originally posted by aristocrat2
Originally posted by beebs
Yes there is an alternative. Out of the ashes of anarchy must come a Second American Revolution. .
This is a foul misleading of the people.
In 1641, Pym and his people overthrew the King of England.
- What did they want? A Parliamentary Government.
- What did they get? Two civil wars lasting 10 years, an extreme fundamentalist dictatorship and finally, the King's son back on the throne again.
In 1789, Danton and his people overthrew the King Of France.
- What did they want? A Republic based on equality, fraternity and civil rights.
- What dd they get? 12% of France sent to the guillotine and later Napoleon as an absolute monarch.
In 1917, Kerenssky and his people overthrew the Tsar.
- What did they want? A new Russia, just like America, but better.
- What did they get? A Communist coup-d'etat by Lenin.
In 1918, Frederich Ebert and his people overhhrew the Kaiser of Germany.
- What did they want? A new peaceful Germany, based on the US Constitution and on socialism.
- What did they get? Humiliation by the allies, a banana republic constantly fighting off revolution, street battles and finally Hitler, another world war and the gas chambers of Auschwitz.
In 1973, Mohammed Daoud Khan overthrew the King of Afghanistan.
- What did they want? A fast track GDP growth to move the country out of poverty.
- What did they get? A communist takeover, an Islamicist extremist takeover, 37 years of war, mass cancer from depleted uranium and a place as one of the world's poorest, most bombed and most corrupt countries in the world.
In 1979, Bakhtiar and his people overthrew the Shah of Iran.
- What did they want? A Western style democracy.
- What did they get? Ayotollah Khomeni and a Islamicist Extremist Government.
Once a ruler/ruling elite is overthrown a revolution can go ABSOLUTELY ANYWHERE.
Notice how you are convientiently missing out the American Revolution in your smug accessments.
That revolution certainly DID get the USA somewhere!
Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by aristocrat2
Sorry, but you are the one who is completely naive.
the stock market is not the U.S. government, and the debt of the U.S. government in comparison to GDP is still pretty good.
The stock market can collapse, and it will not effect the U.S. government at all. Just like the collapse of the stock market in the Great Depression did no bankrupt the U.S. government.
Everyone is talking about Greece. but it is Japan whose government debt it the absolutely worst right now. Hard to believe about Japan Inc, but it is true.
The people who would lose the most if our stock market were to collapse would be the super rich.
Originally posted by Walkswithfish
This is nothing a world war can't fix.
Originally posted by Quetzalcoatl12
Not so good news from Europe, after Germany and France said they were going to help Greece earlier today, I get this from Guardian.co.uk . Check this out dated 2/12/10 (update)
Angela Merkel dashes Greek hopes
Again, those of you that do not believe this is serious, you need to only look back to the last 3 business days where the market dropped to under 10,000. Because of worries of Greek debt.
[edit on 11-2-2010 by Quetzalcoatl12]
Angela Merkel, the German chancellor, mounted stiff resistance tonight to any swift bailout of Greece, as a rift opened up between European capitals over how best to tackle the risks posed to the euro. Despite a show of Franco-German unity on the crisis and the first statement from EU leaders pledging to safeguard the currency's stability, hopes on the markets of a German-led rescue plan to shore up Greece's critical public finances were dashed by Merkel,