WSJ: "Prepare for an apocalyptic anarchy ending Wall Street's toxic capitalism"

page: 6
79
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

log in

join

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
What alway$ get$ me i$ that the Fat Cat$ $eem to not realize that if our money i$ no good, thier$ is no good either....
Yep, thi$ i$ an exciting time but kinda $pooky too..hopefully, when it'$ all over the populace will diver$ify the economy with per$onal innovations (making your own job)....

Man, are we F****d....




posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
So, let me ask this, as an aside, here - a lot of people seem to be 'preparing' for this inevitability by investing in tangibles (metals, etc) - exactly how does one benefit from the possession of these things, once the economy collapses? How is it really 'worth' anything?



posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
As long as you can't eat it, shoot with it, wear it or live in it, I doubt it would be worth much and that includes gold, platinum, ect.
The reason gold and such is as expensive as it is is because of what we are willing to pay for it.
When it comes down to it, gold and the like are just pretty metals that in some cases will not oxidize and look pretty in jewelry.
Ok, there are some scientific/techno uses for it, but if we've gone to hell in a handbasket for real we won't be using it for scientific/techno stuff, at least not for awhile....
For the record, I'm a gal that loves the stuff but in the final analysis I realize it's probably worth more on my wrist/fingers/ankles/in my earlobes than for barter in a true collapse...



posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz

So, let me ask this, as an aside, here - a lot of people seem to be 'preparing' for this inevitability by investing in tangibles (metals, etc) - exactly how does one benefit from the possession of these things, once the economy collapses? How is it really 'worth' anything?


You fight Wars with metals and other solid goods. War. War. War. It pulled us out of a depression and into the wonderful 50s!

That is the only thing that is going to fix this. But then it was planned sort of by those playing both sides once again.

Really..it's coming



posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
If TS really does HTF, hold on to your memories of the good times because they will help you get through.




From daydreams on the road there was no waking. He plodded on. He could remember everything of her save her scent. Seated in a theatre with her beside him leaning forward listening to the music. Gold scrollwork and sconces and the tall columnar folds of the drapes at either side of the stage. She held his hand in her lap and he could feel the tops of her stockings through the thin stuff of her summer dress. Freeze this frame. Now call down your dark and your cold and be damned.

-Cormac McCarthy, The Road



posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
does anyone have an idea of what could happen to Canada if theres a collapse? are we going to go down alongside the US? Obviously we'll have some troubles, we wont escape this unscathed, but how bad will it be?



posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
If TS really does HTF, hold on to your memories of the good times because they will help you get through.




From daydreams on the road there was no waking. He plodded on. He could remember everything of her save her scent. Seated in a theatre with her beside him leaning forward listening to the music. Gold scrollwork and sconces and the tall columnar folds of the drapes at either side of the stage. She held his hand in her lap and he could feel the tops of her stockings through the thin stuff of her summer dress. Freeze this frame. Now call down your dark and your cold and be damned.

-Cormac McCarthy, The Road


Oh man you are SO right. That quote was one of many that really stayed with me and strikes such a profound chord in me.

That, and the much darker quote:

"This is my son. I wash a dead man's brains out of his hair. That is my job"

Just wow... powerful stuff. "Now call down your dark and your cold and be damned"

[edit on 11-2-2010 by Nomad451]



posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Poopra
 

No expert but this seems to me just scaremongering to sell a book. Don't fall for it. www.marketwatch.com...

Here's how these savvy Insiders are preparing: In his 2008 best-seller, "Wealth, War and Wisdom," hedge fund manager Barton Biggs, a highly respected Insider in the "Happy Conspiracy," advised rich insiders to expect the "possibility of a breakdown of the civilized infrastructure."


Look its even on offer.



[edit on 11-2-2010 by tarifa37]



posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
ill bet a thousand dollars nothing happens... well when i say nothing i mean there will be no financial meltdown of any kind...i can hope and pray there will be but i know there wont be. im just not that lucky enough.



posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
This morning there is talk of a bridge loan for Greece. Maybe that is just another word for bail out.

www.reuters.com...

The European markets are responding positively to the news.

It sounds like Iran is starting an info war by applying its parental controls to filter out Google. Apparently their government does not have much faith in its people to use their own free will when reading the news. Ain't the free world great!



posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Welp, no doom and gloom so far. Wall Street has opened on the up side with news that Europe will be helping Greece with its debt.

Looks like the EU just dodged its own bullet today.

The market is about 20 points down right now but that's really nothing but regular transaction activities.

Looks like economy will live for another day now.



posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The people of the US were told this would happen by every criticaly thinking man in the world for the last 40-50 years, when they continued to tell the US that the materialistic nature of their beast will be the destruction of their nation.

The US raised its arrogant heads and laughs at these people as though they are fools that know nothing. Hell Ron Paul has been saying it almost as long right in front of your faces. To covet money and idols is to brainwash yourself out of existance.

I have heard these things from every angle since i was born, im glad i know how to live off the land. For some this will not affect us, for the many that play the game will soon lose it all, if you think those that jumped from building in the last great depression was something wait till this happens. For some money and power is all they know, its what they were raised on, and some will not be able to live without it.

The meek shall inherit the earth, this means the ones that dont play in their system and go about life on their own, they way it has been for thousands of years before the lies of communisin, democracy, socialism, and capitalism.

This society is so detachted from reality its going to hit home and hard. For those that use resilience, and do not depend on the government will get the head start. Remember to keep enough food for a few weeks, and try not to go out to much for you will become a target if your walking around in a imploded society.

Spring is just around the corner so hold on its gonna be a bumpy ride. Maybe this great destruction of the systems we know will bring the next great evolution of our societies, but i think it will just be every man for himself, generatio"ME" or the next ones coming up the pole are going to have it the worst all they know is creampuffs and video games.

All we can do is watch the chickenhawks swoop in and try to take it all for themselves, as we have seen people stocking up and getting ready for all hell to break lose, have had their supplies taken, their weapons removed and in some casses they end up going to jail, now if this does happens they would have been the people prepared to save others and help, but now they have been removed from the picture.

The myans predicted a lot, to bad most doent realize that all their recordings pertain to people and government and not the end of this planet. people have been brainwashed into taking sides against armagedon and the antichrist instead of preparing to help each other.

I started a thread once about what we should do to defend against this, and no one came, no one participated, we solved nothing, for we never tried to fix it either, we would have a foundation to build on if we focused on each other and not material greed.

To many are fascinated on how they are going to destroy us and not how we are going to fix it now or after., Its very easy to spread that they sky is falling, but most lack the inititive to think outside of the box, or just aren't willing to, or which is where i have drawn my conclusion is they just don't care.



posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by bpg131313
 


Thanks for the correction, and I agree with everything you say.



posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
haven't you people learned anything from these apocalyptic mumbo jumbo? it always turn out to be nothing and if something did happen, it's not worth mentioning, like iran and their "blow" to capitalism-an electric car, whooptiedoo. we sure felt that one, what shall we ever do, they have a world destroying electric car, dear lawd!



posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37
 


While doom is free and easy on the web, it's worth noting that we are talking about a WSJ source and a book written by Barton Biggs, former chief global strategist at Morgan Stanley.



posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by aristocrat2

Originally posted by beebs


Quote:

Yes there is an alternative. Out of the ashes of anarchy must come a Second American Revolution. .




This is a foul misleading of the people.

In 1641, Pym and his people overthrew the King of England.
- What did they want? A Parliamentary Government.
- What did they get? Two civil wars lasting 10 years, an extreme fundamentalist dictatorship and finally, the King's son back on the throne again.

In 1789, Danton and his people overthrew the King Of France.
- What did they want? A Republic based on equality, fraternity and civil rights.
- What dd they get? 12% of France sent to the guillotine and later Napoleon as an absolute monarch.

In 1917, Kerenssky and his people overthrew the Tsar.
- What did they want? A new Russia, just like America, but better.
- What did they get? A Communist coup-d'etat by Lenin.

In 1918, Frederich Ebert and his people overhhrew the Kaiser of Germany.
- What did they want? A new peaceful Germany, based on the US Constitution and on socialism.
- What did they get? Humiliation by the allies, a banana republic constantly fighting off revolution, street battles and finally Hitler, another world war and the gas chambers of Auschwitz.

In 1973, Mohammed Daoud Khan overthrew the King of Afghanistan.
- What did they want? A fast track GDP growth to move the country out of poverty.
- What did they get? A communist takeover, an Islamicist extremist takeover, 37 years of war, mass cancer from depleted uranium and a place as one of the world's poorest, most bombed and most corrupt countries in the world.

In 1979, Bakhtiar and his people overthrew the Shah of Iran.
- What did they want? A Western style democracy.
- What did they get? Ayotollah Khomeni and a Islamicist Extremist Government.

Once a ruler/ruling elite is overthrown a revolution can go ABSOLUTELY ANYWHERE.



Notice how you are convientiently missing out the American Revolution in your smug accessments.

That revolution certainly DID get the USA somewhere!



posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by aristocrat2

Originally posted by beebs


Quote:

Yes there is an alternative. Out of the ashes of anarchy must come a Second American Revolution. .




This is a foul misleading of the people.

In 1641, Pym and his people overthrew the King of England.
- What did they want? A Parliamentary Government.
- What did they get? Two civil wars lasting 10 years, an extreme fundamentalist dictatorship and finally, the King's son back on the throne again.

In 1789, Danton and his people overthrew the King Of France.
- What did they want? A Republic based on equality, fraternity and civil rights.
- What dd they get? 12% of France sent to the guillotine and later Napoleon as an absolute monarch.

In 1917, Kerenssky and his people overthrew the Tsar.
- What did they want? A new Russia, just like America, but better.
- What did they get? A Communist coup-d'etat by Lenin.

In 1918, Frederich Ebert and his people overhhrew the Kaiser of Germany.
- What did they want? A new peaceful Germany, based on the US Constitution and on socialism.
- What did they get? Humiliation by the allies, a banana republic constantly fighting off revolution, street battles and finally Hitler, another world war and the gas chambers of Auschwitz.

In 1973, Mohammed Daoud Khan overthrew the King of Afghanistan.
- What did they want? A fast track GDP growth to move the country out of poverty.
- What did they get? A communist takeover, an Islamicist extremist takeover, 37 years of war, mass cancer from depleted uranium and a place as one of the world's poorest, most bombed and most corrupt countries in the world.

In 1979, Bakhtiar and his people overthrew the Shah of Iran.
- What did they want? A Western style democracy.
- What did they get? Ayotollah Khomeni and a Islamicist Extremist Government.

Once a ruler/ruling elite is overthrown a revolution can go ABSOLUTELY ANYWHERE.



Notice how you are convientiently missing out the American Revolution in your smug accessments.

That revolution certainly DID get the USA somewhere!



posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The DOW and NASDAQ have made good gains today. Along with UK, Australian, Canadian and Hong Kong, Japanese and Singaporean markets. The EU took a hit, except for Greece. Seems like just another average day in world markets to me...



posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
the wsj is one of "their" publications - fear mongering when needed will be a common characteristic of these types of papers. Just remember the ptb will lose big time in a total collapse scenario. Which means they will prevent this from happening if they can, and imho, they can. So, never allow them to put you into panic mode. Just prepare as best you can in terms of financial and storage requirements - then pray, hope, and don't worry.

It is not that hard to figure out: get out of debt, have minimum amts in banks, use only small local banks, if you invest, keep it to what you can afford to lose, store food and household items in case of supply interruptions.

Don't let them yank your chain - fear is used to control the herd and send them in this and that direction. Ever watch a herd of horses when they are nervous and then stampede. Don't do it.



posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The guy driving just found out where the market's headed by summer....




www.youtube.com...



new topics
top topics
 
79
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

log in

join