It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Have Blue Eyes? Heres Why!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Blue eyes are the best on girls.. especially when they're soaked in tears. Damn sexy!

Haha I've got blue eyes and blond hair. I think my country has the highest percentage of blond hair in the world (maybe blue eyes too, not sure). We went thru our very own bottleneck just a few 1000 years ago.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
So from reading the article, people like me with Brown hair and eyes have less chance to be albino then blonds or red hairs....cool. Having blond hair and blue eyes means your pigment genes are closer to you having your children being albino then people like me.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Thereal

You said that you were wondering if anyone here is left handed or ambidexterous.....besides having green eyes I am ambidexterous. I can do any sports either way and also write with both hands but I prefer to write with my left. I also prefer to use scissors with my right hand. Of my green eyed children one we know is right handed, another can do both but prefers the right hand but the other one is left handed (the one with dark brown eyes and blonde hair). The fourth child is 3yrs old so we don't know about her yet. Right now she bounces back and forth. My husband is right handed. I do know that my mother was "switched"..that is she was left handed & my grandmother made her use her right hand. She tried to "switch" me but I refused...

Growing up I rarely ran into anyone who were left handed but now in my children's classes they are everywhere. I think this is because no one bothers to make them use their right hand anymore.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thereal
And another, by chance how many in this brother hood are left handed and / or ambidextrous?

On the comment of hair color changing.

I was born with brown eyes, black hair, and very dark skin (Heritage)

I then went strawberry blond and covered with freckles, which faded away to a sandy blond, and then into my adult hood very dark again.

I have so many colors of hair now its odd looking in the sun light and strange when half your mustache is blond or half your goatee is red or clear.

My eyes are a very deep blue with gray rings centers, I can also dilate my pupils by thought.

Something else I find interesting about having blue eyes is the arguments over the hue or shade of colors, from my understanding and comparison with people that have brown eyes, color doesn't always appears as most would expect, maybe a mild form a "color blindness" for a lack of a better word. Ive always felt color are very vivid, or maybe that's my imagination.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by Thereal]

I, of the grey/blue eye brotherhood, am completely ambidextrous with my feet/legs. I am primarily right handed, but I never noticed until it was pointed out to me that I deal cards and play cards left handed, tie my shoes left handed among other left handed traits. As for hair and all, I grew up being one of those red headed freckle faced kids, but my hair turned brownish as I got older. Now my hair is mostly grey, but it blends in so well with the light brownish color that most people don't realize I'm grey until they look closely. My goatee is still red-orange with two big grey patches - going greyer daily.
Some people are mentioning heritage - my ancestry is mostly Swedish (I am in e-mail contact with my 3rd cousin in Sweden). But I also have a large dose of German, French (Cajun French, that is), Dutch, Some Irish and a Heinz 57 of other nationalities. Not sure if I have any Russian ancestry to tie into the grey eyed theory, but it wouldn't surprise me.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyeOnYou
both my parents and my brother have brown eyes and dark brown hair, whereas i have blond hair and blue eyes.
i swear my mom must have cheated on my dad with the milk man or somethin lol.

What's your postal carrier look like?

Sorry. Had to be said.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonlova
That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. I beleive that everybody is a descendent of Adam and Eve and all, and maybe one of them had blue eyes or something but.....wow...this is...stupid....and also, isn't everybody born with blue eyes? Some people like me also have eyes that change color-sometimes they are brown, sometimes green. I also have a friend like that-her eyes change from grey to green to blue.

Could I just point out that science has followed the genetic path back to a Adam for a Certain part of the worlds population and its is not Eve as in more like EVES plural seems our African person was the premo of the tribe and had his way with all of the females.
Onto the subject at hand seems that the different coloured eyes is down to a defective gene as the gene pool got bigger so did the diferences.....Blue/Green/Brown etc etc. Still a mystery is the O rhesus negative blood types in the gene pool and Eyes that are Translucent. Eg. like mine.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by DreamerOracle]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh
True eye color is determined by at least 3 different genes.
For the most part there are 2 classes of eye color genes, The blue classes (that produce blue and green eyes) and the Brown classes.

For simplicity I am focusing on these two classes.

Blue eyes are a recessive trait meaning that 2 blue eyed genes are needed to produce the trait.

Brown eyes are a dominant trait meaning that only one brown eyed gene is needed to produce the trait.

Each parent gives 1/2 of the genetic code that they have to a child. If they are brown eyed, it is possible to carry the recessive blue eyed gene. Thus if two brown eyed parents have a blue eyed child, then the each parent carries a recessive blue eyed gene. The gene can be carried for many generations with out manifesting itself if the "other" gene is a brown eyed one.

Hazel eyes (a mix of brown and blue) can come from either the blue eyed or brown eyed gene, or in some cases - neither. That is basically where the other genes that attribute eye color come in. But it becomes way complicated (and I'm trying to keep it simple)

Remember that your entire genetic code is contained within that first cell created from the DNA that your parents gave you, and they only give you half of their genetic code. Every single cell in your body contains that exact same genetic code. Some genes get turned on/off during development to produce the various types of cells (That's a whole other area called epigentics), and can be turned on/off due to environmental effects, thus affecting what part of the brown/blue eyed gene class is the visible trait and creating the different types of blue/brown/hazel/or green eyes.

The reputation of my dead mother in law is now restored threesisters thankyou......no need for my wife to go hunting down any Chinese /Australian Milkmen.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
New research shows that people with blue eyes have a single, common ancestor.

... and, if that is so, the same goes for all their brown-, black-, green-eyed descendants... no?

[edit on 3-2-2010 by Vanitas]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
New research shows that people with blue eyes have a single, common ancestor.

... and, if that is so, the same goes for all their brown-, black-, green-eyed descendants... no?

Yes! Unless we've been visited by aliens then everything (not just humans or animals but also all plants, protists, fungi, bacteria and archaea) alive today on this planet shares a common ancestor.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by rhinoceros]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

Lowest IQ that has been tested, that I know of, is 128.
We tend to be very independent group - even if we can't do it better, we all tend to want to do it for ourselves, whatever it is. We're all nearsighted.

Other than that, nothing I can say stands out...

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Blue eyes is not a genetic mutation. The few blue eyed people on this planet were seeded here. There are other plants were the people are completely caucasian looking without indian, asian, or black ancestry.

there are master geneticist beings who take pleasure in creating different genetics to seed different planets. the reason why planet earth has so many races is because they found that they could promulgate all of our races on this planet, because the genetics of all of our races survive well here.

But be assured that other planets have blue eyed blond people and somebody intentionally engineered them to have it be so. Just as asians were genetically engineered by the master geneticist beings whose job is to do this , to create bodies for the human soul to experience the sensations of the human realm.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
hahaha, now I can officially say that I'm a X-men xD
I have grayish blue eyes (with an amber ring in the center) that turn into different colours every time (even them have a sense of fashion, they turn into the colour I'm wearing hahah).
My dad haves deep blue eyes, and my mom, dark brown. Father had blue black hair, my mom, brown. I have this weird eye colour and brown hair. And I've born with black eyes and blonde hair. My dad said the milkman joke time to time xD

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by asd10

Oh crap you're totally right!!
Okay so grandparents have Bb Bb to make bb and bb... and after this it is only possible to make bb.

I was thinking only from the grandparent -> parent genes Bb Bb oy...

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
o geez people in this thread are having too much fun talking about how cool their eyes are, I hate when people say their eyes change color based on their mood or what they wear what a bunch of crap, that is not normal or true, its just the lighting and surroundings. Its human nature to talk and think about yourself in such regards.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

i cant say how true it is either i was summarizing something from a book on genetics I could be wrong I may have written it wrong.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr_skepticc

Green eyes are the least common. They are a mix of blue and yellow (of course).

So, what's to say for green eyes?

Who cares what color your eyes are. It's not like it gives you special powers or privileges...unless you want to try to consider yourself part of the master Aryan race and thank Hitler for your status.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
If you are born with blue eyes, and one of your parents has blue eyes and the other has brown eyes, it means the parent with brown eyes carries a heterozygous gene for eye color. What that means is they carry both the gene for brown and blue eyes, but the brown is dominant unless they mate with someone who is homozygous recessive in eye color (meaning their eyes would be blue).

Your either going to be born with light or dark eyes. Light eyes are a recessive trait, but this recessive trait can be carried in the genes of someone with brown eyes. This is of course the very BARE bones of eye genetics, and extremely simplified.

So, using a punnett square we can see four simple possibilities.

"A" represents the dominant trait for eye color, aka BROWN.
"a" represents the recessive trait for eye color, aka BLUE.

So, let's look at our parents.

"Aa" represents the father with brown eyes but a recessive gene for blue.
"aa" represents our mother who has blue eyes, since both her genes are recessive.

So, when our subjects mate, 50% of their children with theoretically have brown eyes, and 50% of them will have blue eyes.

You can also change the genetics of the parents around. So if both Mom and Dad both have brown eyes, but they're both recessive carries of the blue gene (Aa), there is a 25% chance that their children will have blue eyes.

Moreover, if both Mom and Dad are homozygous dominant for brown eyes (AA), all their children will have brown eyes. If they are homozygous recessive for brown eyes (aa), their children will all have blue eyes.

My entire family has blue eyes

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I have very dark brown eyes.
However, around the outside border of my pupils the dark brown turns into very thin but discernable bands of (from inside to out) of hazel, green, blue and gray.
One cannot inherit something that wasn't part of their lineage.
I say that this study sounds like some "hey, we are different" aryan BeeEss and smacks of someone trying to make themselves feel a little too important....
The world is full of diversity - it would be different I suppose if humans were the only species with blue eyes but that is not the case.
(I have a Cat with blue eyes, so what's up with that?)
Unless you've got wings, gills or super-duper strength or don't need to put your pants on one leg at a time, don't worry - you're no different than anyone else on this spinning piece of rock

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I read that full article a little while ago. I read another one too that is VERY interesting. I never heard it broken down like this before but it does make sense. Appears to be based on fact.

wiki.answers.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I read the wikianswers...For the record, I am of African ancestry- so I suppose all the other little bands of colour in my eyes would make sense...A hiccup in the lineage I imagine would cause all different types of eye colours...

But who cares?
We are all just humans living the human existance, which would be a lot better if our species weren't so fractious....

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join