It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Have Blue Eyes? Heres Why!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Ok someone explain this to me:
I have one blue eyed parent and one brown eyed parent but I have green eyes.
My husband has blue eyes. We have four children all of them have green eyes except for one. He has the lightest complexion and very blonde hair but his eyes are brown!!!
So what is dominant?? I have noticed people's reactions to this and everyone always comments on how unusual it is......but then again I never claimed to be normal

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
my eyes change color often, sometimes they are brown, others hazel, and when i am focused on something they are yellow, when i am sad they are green.

But my eyes have never been blue, both sides of my family have blue eyes, but i do not, strange? just or freak show eye color changingness lol

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kates15

'Ok someone explain this to me:
I have one blue eyed parent and one brown eyed parent but I have green eyes.
My husband has blue eyes. We have four children all of them have green eyes except for one. He has the lightest complexion and very blonde hair but his eyes are brown!!!
So what is dominant?? I have noticed people's reactions to this and everyone always comments on how unusual it is......but then again I never claimed to be normal '

In general, darker colours are dominant in hair and eye colour.

Your parents both had recessive green eyed genes, or actually green can be a mix of blue and brown.

Your kids got their green eyes in a similar way, as for the brown eyes, well thats very rare but possible due to your green eyes, as green eyes are related to brown.

Hair is also the same.

A good rule is that the hair can never be darker than the hair of the darkest parent, the eyes never darker than the eyes of the darkest eyed parent.

its complicated and no one knows the exact genes involved for either hair or eyes.

The way hair colour works is not a gene for blonde and a gene for brown etc.

Works in shades.

Having brown eyes and blonde hair is not that uncommon or hard to come by. The genes are seperate, same with skin tone. Roughly speaking...

Its complicated and you can only apply rough rules which dont work everytime. However if both parents have blue eyes and the child has brown its a good idea to get a paternity test.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Aren't we all then?

According to this theory all would one need is a single blue eye relative in his family. And if we take the same principle and apply it to other features of the human body one could assume that we all have a single common ancestor.

Darwin would go even further and say that we all came from the same monkey

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Not really a problem but this article has been posted here before.

Blue-eyed people have a single ancestor
People with Blue Eyes were Genetically Mutated 10,000 Years Ago.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Wait...So technically couples that are both blue eyed are technically partaking in an incestuous relationship?

Owned.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by asd10

Well, I am about as Irish as one can get, and my eyes are green...

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by angeldoll

That's what I tend to think. I don't see any of this stuff originating from a common denominator. Sorry, I have to call bull# on this thread, to be quite frank.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
well all that.

one question comes to mind.
where did that came from?
no such thing as "non terrestrial intervention" in science.

still, jaw dropping facts that astonish the science GODS.
of this Egypt like priest that knew it all, in there perspective.
sounds a lot like, old science to me !

so lets open up.
and why did we get blue eyed people ?
some written history , erm quite a lot of ancient history, tells about blue eyed ...

just a fact to be ignored if you like so.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Just adding my .02 to the pile...

I have grey-blue eyes. My 1st wife had hazel eyes. We had one blue eyed daughter and one daughter that has sectoral heterochromia with one eye blue and one eye about 1/3 brown and 2/3 blue. Here are her eyes....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b70a31df9b5d.jpg[/atsimg]

My current wife has brown eyes and our daughter's eyes look like someone took blue, green and brown and mixed them together... not really sure what to call her eyecolor.

Oh, and everyone quit stressing about the comment that us blue eyed guys are "bigger" - it was a joke. What really counts there is body proportion and I am 6'6", so....

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
My eyes are a mix between blue and green, mostly green and i'm from copenhagen

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whine Flu
Wait...So technically couples that are both blue eyed are technically partaking in an incestuous relationship?

Owned.

no.

the mixing of dna prevents incest.
one of the reasons that blue eye`s are rare.

its a reasons why the genome project is a taboo around the world.
two facts that cant be disputed, moslims with blue eyes.
even worst than that, genome proofs most, if not all, have mixed blood with the jewish, far back in their blood line.

its a fact that this blue eye fact confirms.
if you like it or not.

its in youre eyes.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The famous National Geographic girl

verdenibilder.jkorvik.com...

her story
0biboy0.multiply.com...

[edit on 2-2-2010 by conar]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by conar

I remember that picture. Those have to be some of the coolest, most beautiful eyes ever. She didn't even know how famous her picture was.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Hello everyone
My wifes parents both had Blue Eyes ......she has Almond Deep Dark Brown Beautiful Eyes that you could loose your soul in.....milkman strikes again?
I have Primarily Grey/Blue Eyes but when I'm in a real good mood (like when I first met my wife) they look Emerald Green........when I'm feeling under the weather they tend to be a very light Blue. So seems I have weird rellies.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by DreamerOracle]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

It says that brown eyes are dominant. So 1 brown eyed parent + 1 blue eyed parent = brown eyed children.

WRONG! I have brown, my husband has brown....out of our 4 kids, 2 have blue, 1 has gray, and only 1 has brown......see how smart your scientists are lol.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
if they have tracked it down, then how come there is such an enormous gap of 4,000 years? Thats a LONG time.

6 to 10 thousand years ago is like saying the police are looking for a man who is 1nch to 172 inches tall

IMO - it means they don't know jack

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
any one know how the "blue eye devil" saying came about? and just to fill the second line I'll say i don`t think genetics is a complete science and has allot of guess work treated as fact

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
i have two huskies, one has brown eyes and the other one have blue eyes. sometime i think the one with blue eye has poor vision, the brown eyed husky can catch a ball in mid air but the blue eye have never been able to do that. apparently nature has no boundary.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyeOnYou
both my parents and my brother have brown eyes and dark brown hair, whereas i have blond hair and blue eyes.
i swear my mom must have cheated on my dad with the milk man or somethin lol.

My daughter has blonde hair and blue eyes,while myself and her mother have brown hair and brown eyes.I always joke about the milkman,got to have a look at his eyes!lol

joking aside I was told two brown eyed parents can make a blue from relatives,prob an old wives tale

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join