It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your thoughts on the state of the union address

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
All I saw and heard was this:

"Im telling you things you want to hear and you are falling for it. Hah hah suckers."

"Yes! My people are applausing on cue as directed, this is turning out to be a great ploy!"

"Look at me, I'm completely fooling these people into believing I am for the people! I rock!"

etc etc.

What a scam! A true leader of The American People, would be entirely about the people as our founding fathers were. As of today, there is nothing left of the vision or the country they left to us.

Take for example The Pledge Of Allegiance.

Where is the seperation of church and state? Where does freedom play in a republic? Perhaps it should state:

"I pledge allegiance to the people, of The United States Of America and for the freedom for which it stands. One nation, united, indivisible with liberty and justice for all."

Anything that goes against the founding fathers or intercedes upon our freedoms and rights as bestowed upon us by our founding fathers, is wrong and an abomination of what The United States Of America stands for. Anything less, is in violation and thus criminal and should be dealt with in an unbiased, unabated and uncorrupted court of law in compliance within the laws of the founding fathers.

The federal reserve is a criminal and those who support it or fail to abolish it are criminals and thus, their words are not to be trusted and can only be deemed as outright lies.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by shasta9600

Originally posted by Justaposter
I played the Obama drinking game. Made the speech much more enjoyable and easier to watch.

What's your version of the Obama drinking game? Do you take a double shot everytime he 'connects' with the younger hip hop crowd, by saying something like "I need to give a shout out".

I can't believe disclosure didn't happen again.

Oh no I didn't know about that one. I would have been passed out on the floor! LOL

I played the "lets blame the last admin" game.
Any time he alluded to the last Admin you take a shot, or a swig or slam the damn thing down. Your choice

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I'm no big Obama fan as many of you know. I thought his speech was good, as far as speech's go. Some parts of it actually made sense, however, I heard alot of I'm gonna suggest.........not I'm gonna make it happen. Actually he played the blame game alot less than I thought he would, I was surprised by that.
The SC looked pissed with a capital P.......no friends there I think. The looks on the faces of the military chiefs may have actually sent a message, it's not a done deal, he can always hold off on that.
Finally, was it just me or did he not look like he needed a smoke as he was going up the aisle.........

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
As I said it's all for show the bases of both parties eat these speeches up,but when you really think of it there is really no real answer to the sate of the union.If we had a President who honestly did not say the sate of the union is strong then we would have a full fledged meltdown across the nation.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Not impress at all. Just a bunch of I want this and I want that.

Blame Bush, attack Republicans, Brag on his own administration which does no wrong, blame bush, attack republicans, more of I want this and I want that.

Seriously, what counts is the legislation he signs off on, not the mumbo jumbo he is spilling.

Tomorrow morning we are right back to where we where right before this speech.

It worked for regan, why won't it work for him? Because he is the antichrist muslim named barry? So far that seems to be what I normally get from people.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by millicake

Those two Officers are the ones that stopped the Fort Hood attacker, Nadal Hasan. The female was wounded by Hasan.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
Same here, Mr McDonnell needs Barrys teleprompter skills to read it more better and not so to be so obvious when speeching advanced course.
I dont like any of them Slay, lost all trust.

I agree.

You know something I couldn't shake the feeling that we will see a lot more of HIM in our future.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
If he delivers on half the promises he made during the speech then it confirms for me that TPTB are being dismantled and discarded.

I enjoyed the speech, and look forward to the year ahead.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

It worked for regan, why won't it work for him? Because he is the antichrist muslim named barry? So far that seems to be what I normally get from people.

You might get it from other people but it sure didn't come from anything I said.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

hahah lol yeah right. He's so in bed with the NWO/TPTB and the deep state it's ridiculous. The ENTIRE game and pony show we call Washington is one big country club. They are so out of touch with America and their own country it's scary. Look at all the damn lawyers, bankers, and CEO's running our country. Where the hell is our government BY THE PEOPLE for the people. Our government is supposed to be a citizen's government. But America has decided that unless you are a Harvard Lawyer or some other wealthy elitist you are unfit to enter public service. And we wonder why the hell government is so intrusive in our lives and our society so paternalistic. We as Americans deserve everything that is coming our way.

[edit on 27-1-2010 by Zosynspiracy]

SM2

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I thought the entire thing minus 1 comment was a complete waste of time. Almost everything he said was a blantant lie. How can this man of all people say anything about lobbyists? This coming from the same man that brokered all the little deals with Andy Stern and most of his appointees and cabinet members were lobbyists and special interest workers. Then he moves on to slam the supreme court decision. I presonally agree with it on prinicipal, but can see where it could lead to a disaterous end, however, his campaign was fiananced by the speical interestes and corporations, he is just angry the playing field would be leveled. This spending freeze is just a crafty way of ripping off the people some more. Only 17% of the spending is frozen to this years levels, for three years,which doesnt take effect until next year the part he left out was, he raised by 20% last year,give me a break. It was so ridiculous, half the room laughed out loud at him. Just remember though according to Obama "Because thats how budgeting works" which brought an even louder outburst of laughter. Then the ever present blame bush lines, yeah bush was pretty horrid as well, but if memory serves, the Dems controlled most of congress for a large portion of the time, and oh yeah, Obama was there to help them do it.

All in all, my opinion, one big lie after another. I can not believe the audacity of this narcissistic child to actually get up there in front of the nation and so blatantly lie thru his teeth.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by skunknuts

Originally posted by jam321
Not impress at all. Just a bunch of I want this and I want that.

Blame Bush, attack Republicans, Brag on his own administration which does no wrong, blame bush, attack republicans, more of I want this and I want that.

Seriously, what counts is the legislation he signs off on, not the mumbo jumbo he is spilling.

Tomorrow morning we are right back to where we where right before this speech.

Nah, you're just posting the same thing you would have no matter what he said. His speech and sentiments are to America's benefit.

Exactly. He could have said "I've been crapping golden bricks for a week now and I'm giving them all to the PEOPLE!" and some people would blame him for not making them platinum.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I don't understand why the President's speech is relevant and why it's being discussed, especially here. It's the same crap spewed every time. They try to make us feel better by saying what we want to hear. When it reality he will do nothing we say and it's worse than they let on.

The President has no control behind the scenes and we know who pulls his strings so why do people soak this garbage in? The entire political scene reeks of WWE wrestling. Pure make believe for show.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Are you people brain dead? Did you guys even understand the speech?

I never thought I would say this but that was a damned good State of the Union from Obama!.

There are a lot of key issues people are not even talking about on this thread...

1.) The American Government is scared shirtless of it's people currently.

2.) Scared enough to actually start bashing lobbyists and the media.

3.) The SC was insulted right to their faces for changing a century's old law and allowing America up for sail to foreigners.

4.) Obama is going to absolutely screw the Banks, Seriously he has got the banks crapping their pants.

5.) He is actually busting out an Executive order for his commission to go through.

6.) A lot of Government organisations are going to lose millions dues to his reducing in spending.

7.) He is still going to keep up with his green tech crap, but mare nuklear power plants will open.

All in all I think he was saying "America, we are headed into some really hard times!".

Looks like the Government is so bad off, that it can't afford to hid some of it's ugliness any more. Interesting over all.

Can't wait to see how the Stock Market opens tomorrow.

[edit on 28-1-2010 by Izarith]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
My general opinion on the whole speech was it said nothing about the State of the Union. It was a stump speech.

*In regards to jobs: Sorry, government doesn't create jobs, the private sector does....legislating job growth will never work in the long run (it will end up being an entitlement program or another bureaucracy job.

*"Full employment" - Does this guy even understand free market principles? In a free market you will never have "full employment", unless involuntary servitude is brought back and conscription....

*Opening up drilling and getting started on nuclear energy.....Bravo! Long overdue and I hope he pushes it; given Congress's track record it will probably fail

*The fact that there were two distinct moments where I believe the joint chamber laughed at him or what he said shows his inability to change his stance on things. He talks about change, but is unable to change some of his stances in light of current events; i.e, 'overwhelming scientific evidence' (where ever your stance on Global Warming or Climate Change there is nothing man can do to stop the Earth from going through its cycle.....show me otherwise and Ill concede my statement.)

*The swipe at the Justices....breaking decorum....will he be censured like Joe Wilson? Doubt it

*Enjoyed when he would break away from the teleprompter....it was refreshing to see a leader speak from the heart and mind rather than from prepared speech.

70+ mins is too long. He could have made that speech in 30 mins. Get to the point! Great speakers know how to drive home their ideas in concise manners...

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I always watch the presidential speeches no matter what party they affiliate with.

He was very motivational and I thought it was a good speech. Now it's a matter of watching his actions and what happens now.

I live in the deep South. I casually mentioned on facebook that I had watched the speech. No opinion about it, just that I had watched it and I got cursed out just for mentioning it. People are angry here and don't care about his speeches and stubbornly believe that he is the "anti-christ" or something.

You can't say the word "Obama" around here in public without people getting crazy irate.

I think his speech fell on a lot of deaf ears.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I will say this ONLY ONCE...

And I hope people will *listen*, ponder and then respond to this simple thought of mine.

"Good people do not get involved in 'politics'..."

Anyone elected into any political office has corrupt tendencies (on either fabricated "side")

Government is not "us vs. them" but "us vs. the people"

The same people arguing on MSNBC/CNN/FAUX News all drink, hang out, and slap each other's backs behind camera.

Just go to any popular political bar in DC or any bar in your own state capital and witness yourself.

The "sides" are a fabrication to factionalize ourselves (the population).

Wake up, realize that government in and of itself is an evil -- a necessary one for population control.

The state of the "union" --

The whole speech should have lasted 10 seconds or less..

"Ladies and Gentlemen, the state of our Union is ... we are all F**KED. Thank you very much, and goodnight."

Politics ... games for either the elite and/or the weak-minded.

[edit on 28-1-2010 by MystikMushroom]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
As I was sitting in a pretty nice bar tonight, I heard people clapping and almost cheering at his address. All the bar televisions had it on. Of course, I just shook my head like this: :shk:

It made me wonder, for everyone that was clapping and cheering, were there any people clapping just to fit in? Cheering just to fit in? Just to please the person next to them or the friend they came to the bar with?

I am still wondering...

[edit on 28-1-2010 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by AltraVision
reply to post by Nosred

Hey did anyone notice the note that was passed to Pelosi? She looked pissed after reading it.

"note": (remember, knees together nan,

1.bp.blogspot.com...

we've already stopped two of your kids from running up and down the halls,

thanks

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
It was nothing more than a rehearsed play. The Dems spin things their way, and the Reps spin things their way. Unfortunatley there is little truth to what any of them say. It is a play that I no longer wish to pay for, but we have no choice.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join