It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your thoughts on the state of the union address

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Hey did anyone notice the note that was passed to Pelosi? She looked pissed after reading it. Also, the POTUS was sure scolding everyone near the end for bipartisanship, and I heard some rumbling at several things he said. He blamed Bush so many times that I lost count. Did anyone else count that? I can't wait to read tomorrow's headlines!

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Long on style, short on substance with the foundation gradually being laid for his eventual run-to-the-center.

Over all, it seemed more like a cheerleading session than anything of real merit.

[edit on 27-1-2010 by Clark Savage Jr.]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
$12.3 TRILLION in debt...$103 BILLION budget deficit...I wish Obama would plant one of those friggin money trees in my yard! Where in the hell is he going to get all of this money, cause I'll tell ya, I can't bleed any more.

I need a DRINK! For 49 minutes he talked about spending money on this and that. At 8:50 "Freeze on Spending"?????? At 8:54, "but not until next year"???????

" Bush did it! Those last 8 years! I inherited that! " ....BUT..."We cannot wage a perpetual campaign where the only goal is to see who can get the most embarrassing headlines about their opponent – a belief that if you lose, I win." .........One mouth, two sides.

And Bush's tax cuts (which were passed with Democrat votes) were bad, but Obama's tax cuts are good? Bush's tax cuts contributed to the deficit, but Obama's won't?

No change in my opinion. Still won't vote for Dems or Reps. Too poor to be Republican and too Smart to be Democrat.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I noticed he kept stressing that taxes would be lowered. He seems to be appealing to the lowest common denominator, the common man. No one likes paying taxes, but yet they pay (mostly) for Public Service projects and the like.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Long mind numbingly boring like a root canal. wonder what that note said ?
Same old b.s. Obama speech talk blather.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I'm watching the Republican rebuttal.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Relevance - 6 out of 10 stars
Plausible solutions offered - 2 out of 10 stars
Actual solutions offered - 1 out of 10 stars
Verifiable data submitted for acceptance - 0 out of 10 stars
Upset stomach from viewing Pelosi's face to long - 10 out of 10 stars
Induced fatigue from exercise class getting up and down- 10 of 10
Belief at conclusion - 0 out of 10 stars

And I'm a freakin optimist!

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

This isn't about Obama. Obama could promise the moon and it isn't going to happen unless Congress gives it to him.

Who do you think blew up the debt in the first place? It wasn't Bush or Obama.

It's Congress and its never ending spending spree.

They spent all this time on healthcare and are just now starting to seriously tackle the economy. It isn't Obama's fault they took so long on healthcare and ignored the crumbling economy.

Obama bringing up the last administration faults is not going to help the current crisis by any means. When he ran for President he knew what he was going to be facing. By God, he was one of the Senators who helped grow the debt.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I thought the speech was painfully vanilla... with a few interesting things dropped in about nukes, terror and other conspiracy fueling concepts.

[mod edit - removed link to thread of different subject matter

[edit on 27-1-2010 by elevatedone]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I think that what he had to say was 60% BS. Based off of what he has done so far, the issues on the banks and the job creation is a load, glad I have boots.
The banks, do you really think that any small bank is going to willingly take any money to have the federal government get involved in their business, especially if they are sucessful?
The jobs part is nice, however, based off of the past issues, the problem is that the banks are not giving credit, so there for there is no incentive for them to do such. Tax cuts, well consider this, a company can keep people and then benifit from such, so there is no incentive there.
And what all was with scolding the Supreme court Justices on their decision, how about looking at the policies and laws that make them do such.
He talked about a lack of faith in the government, yet makes no mention about the back room deals, bribes, or threats that the legislative branch does to get votes, unfair deals.
I am curious to see if he stops the visits by the head of the SEIU to the white house or if Andy Stern keeps visiting.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

This isn't about Obama. Obama could promise the moon and it isn't going to happen unless Congress gives it to him.

Amen Brother.

Let's not forget that nothing happens without both sides of the isle.

link   

Thanks , I am a Realist , and know alot of what he said tonight is Fluff , but he will have to Act on some of those Promises especially Unemployment . I will just have to reserve my judgement for now on him until such time that I see some Results ..........

[edit on 27-1-2010 by Zanti Misfit]

link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I'm watching the Republican rebuttal.

Same here, Mr McDonnell needs Barrys teleprompter skills to read it more better and not so to be so obvious when speeching advanced course.
I dont like any of them Slay, lost all trust.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Presidents should go back to the tradition of delivering the State of the Union to Congress in written form. Congress should post the text in full and enter it in the journal.

These have just become political stump speeches and nothing more.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I see we forgot about all the other verbal diarrhea Obama has spilled only a year ago. You know like PROMISING to end the wars.

People have terrible memories these days.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I really liked the reaction shot of when he said he wanted to repeal the laws keeping gays out of the military and there was much applause except that group of the joint chiefs of staff that glared and almost looked as though they were contemplating on getting up to kick the crap out of him on live TV.

Priceless. It said to me that there will be no support from the military should the need for martial law arise. All presidential orders will be countermanded by the Pentagon.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I get nervous when they are all in the same room together. If anything were to go wrong, we would have a 93 year old President. This Guy. When I heard Hillary was out of the country and did not see the Obama kids, it added to the nerves. Shewwwwwwwwwww.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AltraVision
reply to post by Nosred

Hey did anyone notice the note that was passed to Pelosi? She looked pissed after reading it. Also, the POTUS was sure scolding everyone near the end for bipartisanship, and I heard some rumbling at several things he said. He blamed Bush so many times that I lost count. Did anyone else count that? I can't wait to read tomorrow's headlines!

I notice the note passed on: 6:58pm PT

I also notice at the beginning of the speech to yellow folders were given to the back row and there on left and right were 2people sitting under a strange symbol of what I believe is some sword and a snake warped around it.

I also notice on michelle obama's right there were 2 police officers first one was a female officer fallowed by a male officer, also to note something. I don't remember the exact time nor didn't print a screenshot of it but the female officer was holding a cane what seems to belong to michelle obama.

Here are notes I took:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
gave 2 folders at the begining, background:
mechiel obama's officer (female) had a cain on her left hand. Seems like its mrs. obamas

found that a symbol is under 2ppl on the right of obama is a white male on the left is a black female,
I think there embasitors of something.
````````````````````````````
indiana,

wallstreet
unwilling, washington
we can't afford it

``````````````
stubern reseliance
wife has a white female officer on her right side fallowed by a black male officer.
inbodies there strength
```````````
econimy- shore up the banks, do whats nessesary
supported last administration
fee on banks
we cut taxes-mil have more to spend on nesseraties,
cops, construction workers, teachers (didn't cover health care workers)
recovery act (stimulas bill)

Job bill- 30bil use for community banks

tampa, FL - recovery act, (services and information)
Economic expantion,put on hold-washington has told us(fediral government)

financial reform-
Building a new generation
opening up off shore oil
energy/climate bill-last year passed, eagger to advance
*the nation that leed clean energy leads the world nation!!!!

increas export, (didn't say were to export to?)
world class education,-Loan payments go to families, only required to pay 10% then none after so years.

health care-Nations denide services

today more people will loss healthcare, more money.
cover the uninsured

"let's come together for the american people"

"the federal government should do the same!"
"2011- prepared to freez spending (for 3years) to all except:national security, medicare, medicade"

executive order- to pass a reform

"Open the flood gates"
6:58pm-letter givin::

"defend our nation"
home land security

"to forge a national comitment"
Threat of nuclier weponds- arms controll treaty's with Russia
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
It sounded like the fake applause was recorded. It's nice he invited his Obama-ites to stand up and holler while the majority sat and rolled their eyes.
Lies before, lies again.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I liked how the GOP literally LAUGHED OUT LOUD when he was talking about waiting till 2011 to start the spending freeze because the budget has to stabilize or something.

now if this doesn't tell you the state the economy is I don't know what will.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join