It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm so sick of the backwards logic that is the well accepted American Philosophy.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by godless

The purpose of most religions is to provide a spiritual justification for the rule of the few over the many.

Exactly!

www.varchive.org...

All religions were created by Man. But that's no reason to go Atheist !
www.deism.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I agree with the Heretical Monkey. The Abrahamic religions are what we are talking about when we are usually discussing religion. They are not all religion, just the dominant ones.
Upon learning of Wicca and subsequent studies I have found an inner power I never dreamed of as a Christian. The Abrahamic religions separate us from the divine for the purpose of enslaving us to the church and state.
I must admit now, just weeks before qualifying for Wiccan clergy, that, I now have some renewed interest in the Abrahamic religions after reading "The Terra Papers". I've seen and used the power Wicca gives all humans but perhaps there is another facet to the "Source" of all things that I should be considering.
Finding the truth in this convoluted mess is so frustrating at times. A week ago I would have told you that the Abrahamic religions are completely contrived nonsense and that there is nothing to any of it. Now, I'm not so sure.
There is something going on. You can't get the truth from the texts of the Abrahamic's Bibles and Quran, but there is evidence in them.

Blessed Be

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Flidais

the info you're missing is in the biblical texts, just mistranslated or incorrectly taught or focused on. every time a new generation of translators/teachers come along, they translate and teach from it based on their current understanding of the meaning of words and concepts

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Thanks, Zanti.

Thanks for the kind response. I sincerely appreciate supportive posts like yours.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by autowrench

yes you could've said it better yourself.

61.9 million people were systematically killed by the Soviet Communist regime from 1917 to 1987. (and those are just the ones we know about! the actual number is probably much much higher!)

[edit on 28-1-2010 by undo]

There's a rather compelling argument that Zionist Jews created the concept of communism. Strong evidence connecting Herbert Aptheker of the Communist Party, USA to Leon Trotsky, the man who took over Russia with Stalin. Aptheker and Trotsky are both Atheist Communists, as well as respected Jews. Aptheker is listed in the Who's Who in World Jewry and Trotsky, who's real name is Lev Bronstein, is listed in the Who's Who in American Jewry.

These evil Jews are responsible for all Communism, so the Russian Revolution wasn't Russian at all. This is so tragic, yet people shout things like " I would die for Israel!"? Supporting Zionists should really not be taken lightly. These things are real, but I doubt any Jew lovers will even check it out?

www.davidduke.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
i've been studying most of my life on the subject of biblical prophecy and other ancient texts and the cultures. i created a thread on one of my theories, over 2 years ago now. it has 30 more stars than yours but oh my gosh it took me 2 years to get that many. now adays, all you have to do is post a thread saying how you hate some group or another (usually religion) and pick at why they suck, and wallah, insta-star mania. all that research i did and you nearly have me beat in 24 hours with your big paint brush, that just slaps your preferred color on millions of people. sigh.

i give up.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
What you say is not important as much as what you are projecting. Hate.

You can't fight fire with fire.

Fix your life, and set an example for others to do the same. Condemnation should never be a tool used for change.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
There is hate in every group and organization and in every culture around the world. Man is devious and will hide behind any religion and twist his interpenetrations of his particular religion to push his agendas. Most men want two things:

1 Money.
2 Power.

Most evil men do not care, how they obtain it, just do not get in their way.

What motivates man to be evil, is greed.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Zerbst

I'm so sick of the backward logic that is the not so well accepted Zerbst Philosophy.

The majority of Americans are Christians or believe in GOD like a Christian but just keep it to themselves.

You don't see anyone making threads ranting on about Atheist like you do you? Its because we have better things to do than to bash someones beliefs.

If your so sick of it MOVE to Venezuela or what ever country you think you will like. Then again you want to sit here and preach to us on your Philosophy, like we should listen and change our faith or whole belief system. Do you have a God complex? Do you think that you better than most of the people who live in the country? Maybe your the guy Brad Paisley was singing about, ("I'm so much cooler on-line")

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Zerbst

actually i heard/read the opposite. i heard/read communism was started by the jesuit general.
he's called the black pope, not because he's black but because his job is the flip side of the job of the white pope (the public pope). hearsay is pretty rough sailing, but in both cases, note how they point to something to do with abraham religion, if not in earnest, then under pretense.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Your ignorance is not worth responding to. But since there's a word minimum here, I gotta say something. Go grab a high school History of Western Civilization, a Basic Critical Thinking book, an General Theology encyclopedia, and a maybe a weekend seminar on The Proper Manners of a Gentleman...and get back to us. Grow up some and you'll discover life is much more shades of grey than black and white.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

These threads are developed to inspire meaningful debate, not to argue about and use to insult. There's no malice intended and they're not ammo for personal attacks. You are the second person to misinterpret my thread and make it personal. How can you take offense to random statements? What causes you to ignore the context completely in favor of some personal attack? These could be generic topics of curiosity that have no relation to me personally. Just healthy debate material that happens to follow the entire purpose for this site. You can discuss either side of an argument without agreeing to any of it, it's called debating. Then there's the fact you know absolutely nothing about me? What use is it to make wild accusations against my character? What is the point?

Everything you and the other poster assumed of me were false. I'm not an Atheist, but what relevance is that to this thread? It's not mentioned or implied anywhere? You made it up! You also made up my desire to change your beliefs, preach here all day and hear your opinion on my geographic location. I do not have, nor have I claimed, any superiority or God complex. All these accusations, insults and judgments bare no reflection of me whatsoever. You fabricated every bit of these completely useless falsities, yet had they been accurate they remain useless just the same.

Like I've said, my intentions here at ATS are not sinister, I'm not here to insult, judge or "bash anyone's beliefs" as you claim, only discuss issues and learn some things.

Then there's my favorite ATS statement of all time, meant, I guess, to insult me, but absolutely backfired. You came here and posted nothing relevant, useful or even true, but like magic this attempt succeeded in its failure!

Although you're oblivious of it, you contributed to my thread after all. You managed to give a perfect example of the thread topic by accusing me of your behavior. You falsely insulted and accused me using the exact tactics used in your false accusations, so ironically, your backward logic is in the statement you made below.

You are shown guilty in this post committing the acts you falsely made of me, so you, in effect, accused and insulted yourself for precisely what you wrongfully accused of me! Backwards American Philosophy at its best.

You said:

You don't see anyone making threads ranting on about Atheist like you do you? Its because we have better things to do than to bash someones beliefs.

You on the other hand have been seen in my thread "ranting on" calling me "Atheist" and bashing me with nonsensical falsities as if you have nothing better to do "than bash someones beliefs."

Absolutely Hilarious!!

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Zerbst

okay, let's address why your op is generating the kind of negative responses that it is.

these latter religions have no problem adjusting their word of God

people adjust everything. that's what we call, personal subjective reality. we adjust by our experiences, our understanding, which inevitably adjusts our viewpoints. are you expecting people to not adjust? are you sure that's a good idea?

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
sorry, double post.
see post above ^

[edit on 29-1-2010 by undo]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by Zerbst

okay, let's address why your op is generating the kind of negative responses that it is.

these latter religions have no problem adjusting their word of God

people adjust everything. that's what we call, personal subjective reality. we adjust by our experiences, our understanding, which inevitably adjusts our viewpoints. are you expecting people to not adjust? are you sure that's a good idea?

God's word instructed followers of Judaism to enforce the death penalty and they did. That is until this practice was no longer politically correct. If man can change Gods laws they aren't Gods laws at all. It's hypocritical to the system therefore it loses respect.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Zerbst

well that could be argued, since it seems the hebrews had a bit o' trouble separating moses' law from god's law. clearly the two things are not identical. just a cursory reading of moses' law should tell ya that!

so what's your REAL beef? that people are less than perfect? or that they aren't keeping OT law? or that they aren't keeping the laws to your satisfaction? or that they aren't all perfect living examples of yeshua? or that the entire planet is a nest of hypocrites with you and i tossed in for good measure, since you scarcily can prove you're not and neither can i prove that i'm not. the only difference appears to be what's going on inside... not outside, ya know ?

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I think the people are being flat out deceived. They're being literally managed as a commodity for maximum efficiency and output of their resource capabilities. Carefully handled according to a likely diligently monitored, adjustable strategy. When I say carefully I mean care of the product output, not so much it's physical well being. This has probably been developing for quite some time and implemented very slowly? Super efficient, Hi-Tech slavery.

This would have more than likely seen years of R&D and perfected on varying groups of incarcerated, indigenous or other despondent people? The US Government, as well as their scientists, biologists, basically anybody close to these abhorrent blowhards in need of human test subjects to work out the horrors of their latest legal extortion scheme to bilk the populace. The US sponsors pharma test labs allowing them quiet, free reign testing of their toxic drugs on average people to escape liability and exposure to potential civil and company image damages from the certain body counts. This was traditionally operated in third world tribal areas on people least likely to be noticed when they vanish. Sadly, with the mountains of expensive corporate funded legislation piling up to protect these murders and D.C., FDA, WHO, AMA and the rest are all bought and paid for, these test trials can now be performed on the American public if even necessary since the FDA has now been creating fake drug trial documents to speed up the process of cashing in. Fake drug tests means their deadly poison gets much deadlier. This causes many more public deaths, but it's justifiable for the extra $billions the faster turnover affords.

Apply this mentality to every marketable risk possible in the entire world, multiply it by 10000 and you'll be close to what I think we have become.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Zerbst

and you think those are christian principles in action?

wait wait.
i'm laughing too hard to answer your accusation adequately.

whew.

okay, better.

we are only a christian nation in name. this is so "christians" can be blamed as a group, for whatever the big boys decide to do. all the big religions have the same problem. it'd be closer to the mark if you said, the leaders of the world's nations are all on the same agenda. they pretend to fight wars with each other in the name of their specific religious heritage, thereby creating phantom menaces, then blame their own people for the fiascos that develop, urging them to weed out each other from the genetic pool when the population grows unwieldy or unresponsive. when that fails, they kill a couple generations of female children.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

it'd be closer to the mark if you said, the leaders of the world's nations are all on the same agenda. they pretend to fight wars with each other in the name of their specific religious heritage,

I agree with this. If religion was somehow removed from the human condition, we'd see the naked truth behind most national and international conflicts. Greed, power, territory and wealth....ennui, hubris, pride...

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

removing religion won't solve it. lol we'll find some new group think territories to separate ourselves into and repeat the same scenario. the issue at hand is, the leaders all know this! they know, and they manipulate it for all its worth, then blame their own people and their people's beliefs, on the situation. just as you are doing now. it isn't religion. it isn't the people. it's the leaders. well, it's the human condition + the leaders manipulation. it's an auto adjusting population control mechanism.

[edit on 29-1-2010 by undo]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join