It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm so sick of the backwards logic that is the well accepted American Philosophy.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
The moment we have chosen not to condemn and slam ourselves in our hearts is the moment we realised our true potential and freedom, the moment we have regnized our true divine self.

Its going to become clear that strength comes from standing up right with all your own beliefs with conviction. May you release yourself from self imposed exile. There is no enemy here but what you decree as in yourself which you see that you do not like.

I speak into a space that has no time, look upon others, as you look upon yourself. In this corner that I am seen, I overlook that small space in which you occupy for all eternity, as you have decided.

The choice will be yours, and yours alone. That is a certainty. Now is the time to face the true challenge and be who you are and stand in all you rightousness and beauty for all to see. God Bless.

And you and I will be laid bare, together we will now meet and be free, as one.

May the grace and love of god guide all leading to their true self.

I do not fight, I stand and watch as others fight themselves, where others rise.

I stand and others come to me only to face who they truly are, a battle they commenced, destroyed by their own undoing.

[edit on 28-1-2010 by DarkCyrus]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImperialMaj
@ Zerbst:
Quote : "You either obey all Gods laws, or you choose another faith."

Sorry buddy, all humans would constantly be changing religions then. No flesh can obey all laws in a perfect manner consistently as we are born in sin and it does affect everyone, irrespective of chosen religion. You fail to understand the concept of imperfection, redemption and continuity of culture, therefore your sad suggestion to abandon your religion/faith when you fall.

Get over it, no one's perfect except the Lord's Grace.

Choose wisely.

What I'm trying to say is not that you can't disobey, but you cannot remove entire issues. In other words, you can sin and repent, but you can't decide one day to remove one of it's mentioned sins altogether. Some religions are based on a series of documented statements written in a text to be used as a guide. In order to maintain legitimacy to the text you would have to account for all it's contents. None of it's commands should be altered, or removed, by man if it's truly taken as the word of God. Only when followed in it's absolute entirety can it remain a respected affirmation to it's faith. Judaism, for example, is commanded to practice capital punishment and slavery in it's original concept, yet these practices have been removed to maintain political correctness. Discounting even a single word of it corrupts the entire concept. It's based on following it's instructions from God?

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Thanks for the support, Sean.

I don't mind the critics, but I would appreciate they at least make an effort?

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
God is peace, love, joy, happiness and purity of heart, body, mind, and soul, everything all in complete abundance and never lacking, never ending, forever, everything through his eyes is perfection at every moment in existance through eternity, we are all, all is us.

The doorway is openll:ll

CONTROL is weakness.

PURE is strength of heart

all is combining and transforming

Coalescence

You have been heard, your chance will have been given, you faith is your own. Go with it, and learn to control through passion, instead of fear.

I am the us, ultimate, and the nothing, the weak and the strong, the feeble and the intent, the will and the lack, the need and the desire of union, amongsts seperation I stand with that task of the walking path, I go.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

if it's truly taken as the word of God

yeshua was the word of God.
the word of God isn't in a book.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by Zerbst

WE ladies are not an object you can make decisions for about our manner of attire, thank you very much. Arguing over which position to choose on the subject of female dress, denotes that you think you have the right to make such a decision. Let me spell it out for you: DRESS YOURSELF PAL.

[edit on 27-1-2010 by undo]

Hello, undo.

I don't follow any religion, nor do I have any concern with clothing methods. My point was that these practices are born from a concept created long ago. The purpose of the Muslim dress code for women was to circumvent lustful temptations towards them. It's intentions were good, but using this old method to curtail lusting over women in modern day equates to curtailing their rights as well.

I was not condoning this at all. The point was that Muslims are still practicing these methods to remain obedient to their faith. It's believed to be an order to follow respecting their faith, no different than any other sin. Not to repress women, as it's currently being made to believe.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Zerbst

Time to feed the tree of life, no longer having any neglect for any.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
OP I'm sorry but you might wish to work on yourself before you decry the inequities you percieve in others. Such as your tendency as illustrated here to blame groups for the actions of individuals amongst other things. Respectfully, your rant reads like a subjective self rightous attack on anyone you disagree with and shoe horning any impression you can to support a basic "They suck." analysis you refuse to change.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Zerbst

well i don't think the word of God (et.al, yeshua) was teaching that women should wear veils. that was paul and paul was not yeshua. paul was alot like moses, doing the best he could under the circumstances and as was the case with moses, people started taking every word he uttered as if it were straight from the mouth of God. thus people are worshipping at the altar of paul instead of listening to the voice of the holy spirit.

yeshua explains that moses entered laws in the books that were not accurate. yeshua describes just how far off the mark the human race really is. his example is the subject of divorce. the law of MOSES stated that a man could divorce his wife if she committed adultery. yeshua explains that even THINKING lustful thoughts about someone other than your spouse is already adultery in the eyes of God, so clearly, under those circumstances, pretty much everyone on the planet has committed adultery, a sin that was punished in yeshua's time by stoning!

yeshua was trying to describe for those who would listen (who had ears to hear) that the road isnt written down on paper. unfortunately, that's where we're at -- worshipping paper.

in islam they take that paper and run off into the sunset with it, insisting their environment stop them from sinning, when the source of sin is INSIDE not outside.

[edit on 28-1-2010 by undo]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
OP I'm sorry but you might wish to work on yourself before you decry the inequities you percieve in others. Such as your tendency as illustrated here to blame groups for the actions of individuals amongst other things. Respectfully, your rant reads like a subjective self rightous attack on anyone you disagree with and shoe horning any impression you can to support a basic "They suck." analysis you refuse to change.

To suggest I need some qualification to show contempt for such despicable things is ridiculous. The statements I've made aren't opinionated rhetoric to support my personal agenda. They're observations of things I wish had never existed. Are you implying that the things I've said are my personal fantastic delusions or something? That I'm somehow enjoying them? You think I like thinking "they suck" and these are things I wish to support?

This is an honest reflection of what I see. If you read through the thread you'll see that many others see things this way as well. I would like nothing more than to be wrong about all of it, but you haven't convinced me. You haven't presented any contradiction at all, only judgment? Why would someone completely disagree with so much, yet refrain from any rebuttal at all? When I see something I disagree with I challenge it every time.

Please clarify what you disagree with. If my assessment is inaccurate then prove it to me and the others. Your initial response has provided nothing useful to these problems.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Zerbst

well the real bummer about religion is that it's a handy package to stuff people into and blame as a group for their less than sinless state lol

islam is no more guilty than anyone else. that was also yeshua's point. he doesn't isolate it to any particular group. he claims the whole of the human population has the same set of problems.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Religion causes division among people, as well as animosity. There is also an enormous possibility those texts have been altered in many kinds of ways. I've read things in the Bible that cannot be legitimate. And so much could be removed too. Everyone knows right from wrong and how to be a good person. It's a built in feature and comes standard on every model!

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Reply to post by Zerbst

Ah I see, because there are some people who agree with you and you dismiss any counter argument, you think you are right. What a wonderfully self affirming concept. Problem being it be applied against you by your opponents. Firstly, where did I say you liked what you through selective perception believe the problems that be in our world? That wasn't even a thought much less a inference or flat out statement. Secondly, if I disagree with you why exactly would I bother even speculating about fixing problems I feel you identify as "The Problem" that to me consists of little more of slams and a disinterest in exercising any understanding for anything outside of your narrow view. Which seems to include ascribing things not said or even hinted to being believed to any dissenting person. You don't want a better world, you want the impossible dream of you being right and everyone to become like you. Which creates strife as unbendable fools attempt to force the world by force.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Zerbst

BRAVO ! I could not have said that as eloquently as you have here . There is so much Truth in your words that you make me feel Ashamed.......

[edit on 28-1-2010 by Zanti Misfit]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Zerbst

no, that's not the answer. the answer is, difference of opinion causes anomosity between people and religion is not a necessary ingredient for that difference of opinion to turn deadly. the history of the planet earth is replete with examples. the big factor is when you get alot of people who believe the same thing or claim they do, with or without "religious" foundation. THEN it becomes dangerous, deadly, painful, abusive, prejudicial, and etc.

the common human being isn't the driving element; that honor goes to the guys in charge. but those aspects of human nature that we share in common, are what keeps the problem of deadly opinions, going on and on and on. ad nauseum.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by godless

Oh good, another blow hard know it all trying to school us all this should work.

Okay folks, lissen up and the man without a God will school you in some basic knowledge concerning "Religion". The bulk of the philosophies we call religions were created in order to support political heirarchies at the very dawn of human civilization. Please understand, for the vast majority of mankind's tenure on this planet we existed in small bands of hunter-gather groups. These tribes tended to be loosley organized and its citizens had a maximum of free will concerning their day-to-day participation in the business of the tribe was concerned. The "religious" beliefs of these people have been lumped inot a general description called "Animism". THese people believed that there existed an unseen spirit world that manifested itself in everything around us and in us. Many of the groups believed in a "Great Spirit" but there was no political heirarchy in their spirituality, no ruling spirit that could tell the other spirits what to do. Any dicissiions that the spirit world made were fashioned in council, juswt like the eecisions that the tribes made.

I believe the book of Enoch refers to the counsel of demons.

You need to go deeper if your going to come across as an authority.
Right now you're not.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by djbj597922
If you think about it, religon is probably the number one killer of mankind in the entire history of the world. Believe in what you want, but personally I will never worship any god. I will believe in myself and be the best person I can. I will be good and kind to all living things not because some god told me to, but because I know in my heart its the right thing. I will never kill in the name of any god. I will never look down upon someone else for believing something else, because I am open minded. However, I do feel sorry for people who give themselves away to an idea that has murderd so many in its name. It really is ludacris if you stop and think about it. Why have faith in something you have never seen. Instead I would say have faith in yourself. Worshiping a god ireplaces free will with idealism. Everyone knows whats right and wrong. Why do we need a god to tell us that.

Hear hear! Couldn't have said it better myself. I too have a rant with Christians trying to save my soul from their invention, (Hell) and trying to make me worship an Idol, and a false God like they do. (A man nailed to a cross) I believe in a Creator/Creatoress, a God and Goddess. I do not think that they need worship, and I know they have no need for money. I also know they do not "dwell" in a building, and that they do not interfere in the affairs of mankind/womankind. And I agree that religion alone is responsible for more deaths than any other thing. The Church is also responsible for the destruction of many thousands of texts and documents from Earth history, (Mayan/Alexandria) that we could be using right now, to see our way through. But no! they were PAGAN writings, and the church cannot have anything Pagan laying around, people may read it and get a better idea, you know. Like I did, a long time ago.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

What is your fixation on making this about me? This has nothing to do with me, nor does anything I've said. You claimed that I would support these opinions and never change. I never claimed you said I like anything, I asked you to elaborate your point. You claim I dismiss any counter argument, but where is one? I even asked you specifically to provide one, But now you say the problem afflicting the world is me? This was your response? You won't contradict anything I've claimed because the problem is me? All you have to offer to this thread are wild accusations about me personally?

...disinterest in exercising any understanding for anything outside of your narrow view.You don't want a better world, you want the impossible dream of you being right and everyone to become like you. Which creates strife as unbendable fools attempt to force the world by force.

I politely asked you to specify what your disagreements were and you accuse me of having a narrow view? I politely asked you to contribute something positive to the discussion and you remain fixated on me personally? I've stated my opinions and never once asked anyone to agree with them. I welcomed you to debate your opposing view and you refuse to contradict a single thing I've said. You reply with invalid personal speculation towards me and have yet tried to say anything relevant to the topic, but ironically the relevance is in the nonsense that is your response.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

yes you could've said it better yourself.

61.9 million people were systematically killed by the Soviet Communist regime from 1917 to 1987. (and those are just the ones we know about! the actual number is probably much much higher!)

Mao Tse-Tung
Kill tally: 14 to 20 million deaths from starvation during the 'Great Leap Forward'. Tens of thousands killed and millions of lives ruined during the 'Cultural Revolution'.

Pol Pot
The Cambodian genocide of 1975-1979, in which approximately 1.7 million people lost their lives (21% of the country's population), was one of the worst human tragedies of the last century.

what the heck kinda books are you reading or has your filter gotten so exclusive that you can't see the obvious implication is that the problem isn't ISN'T, isolated to religion. It's pandemic, multicultural, multi-ethnic and most certainly rears its head in every world view and belief system in the history of this planet!

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
tank man

i suppose they are protesting religion

egads people, it isn't a religious problem, specifically. it's a people problem, that's why it crosses all belief systems and world views.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join