It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Madeleine McCann 'Died In Holiday Apartment'

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I continue to puzzle and try to piece together the disparate elements of this case although I am starting to believe that all the puzzle pieces on the table don't actually fit. Be that as it may, I thought people might be interested in getting a flavor of what it must be like for the police, dealing with the Tapas 9.

The rogatory interviews conducted by the Leicestershire police are often unintentionally funny. Here's an example from the interview with David Payne:

www.mccannfiles.com...

1485 ”And what sort of time would you generally put them to sleep?”

Reply ”Err I mean we would, so they, I mean they had the you know if they ate at the err kids club you know and again it’s just difficult what happened after, you know for the weeks after because we ate at the kids club then, did we eat before, how often did we eat, ours were a bit fussy on the eating and from what I can remember sometimes we ate you know in the, in the room, but that could’ve been mixed up with my recollections of you know what we did after. Err but that was generally around five, five thirty so we wouldn’t certainly get back to the room till six, we often went to the play area you know that seemed to be quite another time of the day where we, you know most people would be there and the children were there err you know played, sometimes you know there was a social tennis bit in the evening err certainly we tended to watch a little bit of that if we hadn’t played, you know, ourselves and then from err from there you know say right okay it’s time to go up, so perhaps you go up around six thirty, seven o’ clock, then they’d have you know the, most nights we liked to give ours baths because you know we just felt that we liked to get them into as much of a routine in a strange environment as possible. Err you know so probably we’re looking at trying to get them down about seven thirty, somewhere around there.”

Detective Columbo could smoke a whole cigar listening to that.

Payne can't get his kids to sleep but I'll bet he could get the whole Leicestershire police department curled up under their blankies in no time.

[edit on 17-4-2010 by ipsedixit]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I just read and heard something that really floored me concerning this case.

A new book has been published, highly critical/analytical of actions and statements of the McCanns following the disappearance of their daughter, Madeleine.

Analyse des Vermisstenfalles Madeleine McCann by Daniela Prousa, in German obviously, was recently published.

I'm sure the McCann's high priced legal team will be scrutinizing it carefully, but considering everything that has come out of the mouths of the McCanns since Madeleine's disappearance, it seems to me that it might not be so easy to get an injunction against this book as was done in the case of Goncalo Amaral's book, The Truth of the Lie

The following is a link to a blogpage advertising the book by Daniela Prousa.

unterdenteppichgekehrt.blogspot.com...

If you scroll down the page you will find an embedded audio clip of Gerry McCann speaking to someone (likely a journalist of some sort) in which the following words are, apparently, spoken by Gerry:

The media leaks and lies put out there to try to give an image that we were guilty was particularly hard, but not as bad as the night we found her.

The clip ends at that point, so I want to be cautious, in interpretation of Gerry McCann's words. What did he say next?

The clip is about two thirds of the way down a long blog page, on the left side of the page. You have to listen carefully for Gerry's words behind a Spanish language voiceover. The headline above the video in large red print is:

Die nacht in der wir sie fanden

I've heard it said that people often let things slip when on camera. Gerry's quote is definitley disturbing. I hope this book is translated soon.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Great catch. The huge problem is the tape ends just as he says 'The night we found her...' STOP

He could easily have said: 'The night we found her (stop tape) missing'...

See what I mean?

I'm not saying that's what he did or did not say, I have no idea, but, without a full recording???

Really, I'm not trying to shoot a hole in your theory either, I'm just sayin'...

peace

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

hey - as you point out - what was said next ?

i hate quote mining

and will quote it :

The media leaks and lies put out there to try to give an image that we were guilty was particularly hard, but not as bad as the night we found her.

i cannot find a clip or trascript on line

but i have a theory - here is apes expanded " quote "

" The media leaks and lies put out there to try to give an image that we were guilty was particularly hard, but not as bad as the night we found her MISSING "

now i have no evidence that that is the origional quote - but it does make sense - and is totally innocent

[edit on 26-7-2010 by ignorant_ape]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Further down the blog page a quote from Gerry is transcribed as follows:

Gerry McCann: The way the leaking of the accusations was handled, the lies that the media turned to give an impression that we were guilty, the disappearance of our daughter, was especially difficult.

Same quote. Different ending, but not because the tape ended too soon. The quote appears to have been edited. By Gerry? Further along in the tape?

If that is the case then the quote on the audio clip could be a significant slip.

When this book comes out it is going to be fascinating, I'm sure.

Everyone who looks at this case knows already that the McCann's story, particularly about the "jemmied" shutter and window changed due to police diligence.

A book analysing their statements in an exhaustive, and hopefully sober, non-ironic, non-exclamatory way will be highly interesting. Too much of the commentary along these lines has just dripped acid. It's not helpful to sober analysis.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by ipsedixit]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by unicorn1

I agree that there is a massive class bias in this case. The opprobrium heaped upon the Matthews, and the working classes in general, showed that In the UK we love to mock the poor and under-educated.

However, when a pair of middle class professionals with a nice house and nice lawyer friends are neglectful, it is all poor them and they can't really be to blame. I think this is one where we will never know the truth - and I am not sure that BOTH of the parents do either!

Peace/Love/Unity

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by anarchosyndicalist

and I am not sure that BOTH of the parents do either!

Peace/Love/Unity

You could very well be right about this. I have a suspicion that this original idea of the Policia Judiciaria might be right on the money.

Hypothetically speaking a statement like, "I gave her a swat and she ran away from me, jumped up on the couch and fell over the other side of it and broke her neck.",

when speaking to a spouse could very easily become,

"She was running around for no reason, acting like a three year old, when she jumped up on the couch and went right over the top. Her neck broke when she fell."

[edit on 26-7-2010 by ipsedixit]

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
If you want to know what most likely happened to Maddie visit this link:

mccannfiles.com...

And scroll down to “A summary of key points from 'The Truth of the Lie'”

It paints a vivid and disturbing picture of the most likely possibility, which is that Maddie died in that room in a tragic accident, because she was sedated, and her parents covered it up.

This page has the best summarization of why the investigator thought the McCann’s were involved in a crime, but that they had connections which helped them cover it up, and projected a certain view point to the media from the start to be sure the case would be treated as an abduction in people’s eyes, no matter what investigators would eventually claim and for the most part it seems to have succeeded. Though many out there agree the story is fishy the media in the UK has taken their side most of the time, even when evidence as disturbing as dogs sniffing out the scent of death in their hired car was reported on. They have been rallying to the McCann’s side from the start and I think the book helps to show why that is and how the McCann’s and their connections have manipulated the situation.

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join