It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we really do "this" any longer?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by windowlicker80

I believe you're completely missing the point. True, other countries and people do have it much worse off financially and so forth. I don't think that's his complaint. What he's saying is that he doesn't want to spend his entire life being a slave to the system. (having to do the same mind numbing thing every single day)

He doesn't want to, yet he, and all of us, are forced to. And that's the part that annoys all of us. Because we don't seem to have a choice. And every generation continues to do it. No one seems to question the sense in it. They just grab a shovel and start digging. The OP has decided to put down his shovel and ask the important question of "Why?!"

I stand with him. And apparently so do many others.

No offense meant, Windowlicker80. You just sound sorta bitter to me.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
If people want hope, I recommend they watch this guy's videos to cheer themselves up(this latest video, it's almost like "someone" has read this thread and project his/her thought there):

www.youtube.com...

This one was most uplifting when I first read it(3 days and counting):

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

I'd like to see the world take a turn for the better. Whatever happens in 2012, if anything does happen, I hope that the outcome is less need for military forces, overbearing governments, and an worldwide outcry for love!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Noiyeh
Wait, my friends. An alternative is coming soon.

www.project89.org...

When the site finally pops, the time has come.

Care to elaborate?

Are you Ian Watt? Because that's the name I get when I run this through a domain search. Probably just another similar attempt to what the Zeitgeist Movement did, epic failure.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Noiyeh

World Domination inc.? Not sure about what others think of this, but that doesn't exactly sound like the type of thing one would look forward to.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
This post was a pleasure to read. At least you're doing something most of us aren't doing these days, and that would be thinking. One only needs to watch the news (sparingly) to know that something just isn't right with the world. More specifically, something about our way of life is going to change completely. If you see what is in entertainment these days (The Road, 2012, The Book of Eli, Apocalypse Man, Life After People, The Nostradamus Effect, etc.) something in the collective psyche seems to be anticipating something bad.

Some people think Christ will return, others that the world will end in 2012, or any other number of magical scenarios. The fact of the matter is, the work, sleep, work, sleep cycle you deeply question IS the problem. With the exploitation of cheap fossil fuels in the early 20th century, we have enjoyed a a life of comfort that has no comparison in human history. Kings of the Renaissance sweltered in the summer heat, while even our poorest in the United States enjoy air conditioning. But that comes at an incredible cost. We have completely insulated ourselves from the natural world, believing that progress and technology will lead the way for all time. Unfortunately, this line of thinking is delusional. The minerals we use for our technology are irreplaceable. The plants and animals we harvest are renewable, but we destroy them at such an impressive rate that we are now undergoing a sixth mass extinction.

It is good to hear someone your age question the status quo, because the status quo is going to cost future generations everything. They will look back on us with enmity for our excesses that consumed the planet and our almost magical, comfortable existence while they have to rediscover how to garden and make do with far less that we did.

Go to college, get a job, add a few children to the world...thats been the model here for a few decades, and now it is failing us as a society as we are faced with the unfolding crisis of shortages in all areas of civilization. Here's a word of advice (I'm 24). Don't go to college. Its a consumer right of passage, nothing more. If you can study something useful and in demand by this fast failing technocracy, by all means, attend it. But learning economics, or history, or telecommunications will only get you a job working at Walmart making minimum wage while you pay back 30,000 dollars in loans. Some of the most intelligent and history altering minds relied more on self study than an education. As the world goes to hell, make yourself familiar with skills that will be in demand for this "return to normal": gardening, botany, carpentry, herbalism, first aid, textiles, etc.

Don't put too much faith in this world or humanity's ability to change the path it is headed on. We are insulated from this crisis of our own making through the constant bombardment of cheap entertainment, antidepressants, and shopping. As the world seems to become more insane, so will the behavior of its people and their rationalizations for why things are unfolding as they are. Religion will become more extreme, cults will emerge, and some people will simply bury their heads in the sand. Stay away from these people at all costs. Surround yourself with level headed people of all ages and walks of life. Love yourself enough to learn what is really going on, so that you can help your family and friends as we begin to long plunge into the night from the apex of human progress.

Civilization will not end, the world will not end. Everything is going back to normal...a normal carrying capacity of humans, not the current seven billion. It is saddening and nightmarish to wonder how all of this will unfold. But those scars will heal in time, and the planet will shake off a few billion like a wet dog coming in from a storm as she takes time to mend the wounds we have incurred on her over the last century.

Good luck.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I have been feeling something has been coming down the pike for the last 25 years or so..don't know what it is, whether bad or good (for the record I am 49 years old). I understand how these young folks feel. Yes, I was in the rat race and was taken out by circumstance (disability). I found myself homeless, living in a van with my three Cats for 9 months having lost everything I owned. I have since emerged from homelessness but it taught me valuable lessons that I would not have learned other wise - I had to ask myself, 'did I really need all of that crap I had?'
The answer was no, not really.
Could I survive adverse circumstances? Yes I could.
I did not lose the most important thing to me, my Cats (I never had children). I knew as long as they were around I was never alone.
I understood that yes, there are wolves out there (the human kind) but there are also decent people and random acts of kindness.
Whatever happens in 2012 (if anything), I believe it will be a procession of events leading up to something as opposed to something that occurs on one singular day. I feel a sense of urgency becoming more keen in recent years, not a fearful urgency, but an expectant one. Not fight or flight but watchful waiting. Going on with my life but being cognzant of what is going on in my community, my nation (the US) and the World.
In my life I have had a lot and I have had nothing.
If some worldwide goof-up happens (providing it is not a planet - ending event) and I live through it, I will protect myself and others around me at all cost and provide comfort, help and compassion where neccessary.
If nothing happens - well I will go back to living my relatively quiet life, learn a new trade (something I REALLY enjoy) and gripe about the price of Platinum because all I want is one stupid ring and the Metals Cartel (cartels are never good) wants me to pay some ridiculous, arbitrary inflated price for the blasted thing.
Whatever happens, I'll be ready, whether good or foul.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
This thread is really about the greatest conspiracy of all ! All the other conspiracies are merely to keep our minds out of that one. Once we realize we can really choose what we do of our lifes, the rest will follow naturally.

Let's keep it up boys, it's refreshing thoughts and it should stay pinned for everyone to read.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by SpaceGoatsFarts]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Its great that I see a lot of people believing in this big change which is suppose to occur by 2012. I have asked myself so many questions on what could happen and envisioned all the different scenarios of what could be. What I have concluded is that the result will be extremely positive.
Kudos to all that are noticing this lie/illusion we are living in but there are are still way to many people living in the dark, not by not knowing but by being completely ignorant and unwilling to be open minded. Now I asked, what will become of these people and what of us who are awakening to this illusion? I then remembered hearing somewhere "the ground underneath us will rumble so greatly".
Usually whenever there is a great natural disaster, lives are lost along with great devastation and it is almost always that in the aftermath we see the people coming together to help each other.
I personally accept whatever outcome 2012 holds for me. I am even at peace at the possibility of a global disaster happening which results in my death. The only thing I am not at peace with and fear is Nothing At All Happening.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I can not agree with you more!

I have posted a similiar thread to yours on another website because I agree that our systems are just ridiculous.......... who said it had to be this way anyway?? I am 40 and I am so sick of the grind.... there has to be another way!

When the whole disclosure thing came out (David Wilcox) and there was talk of alien disclousure before the end of 2009 I was overjoyed because I thought..... finally...... now things are going to change.

I would love to see a world where there is peace, no-one is starving or tortured and that includes all animals too. A world where we can enjoy this beautiful world and have time to do it.

I really hope that an advanced benevolent race hear our calls and come and help us out with free energy for all, the means to grow food for all and the methods to help us life peacefully............ sadly I don't think this seems to be able to happen without some sort of intervention.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by cleolotus]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
It was strange though - when I became homeless I had a feeling, in the depths of my soul, that I was being prepared, that I was in a way, being primed to be able to subsist in adverse circumstances, that there was a reason for the homelessness and privation, as if someone were tapping on my shoulder saying, "you need to go through this, there are things you need to know and to learn".
Very odd..and there are times I feel it may have had to do with whatever is coming.
I wonder - has anyone felt as though they were being, well, for lack of a better word, 'tested'?
It seems that things in this world are just a little wrong - can't exactly put my finger on it but things going on seem a little more screwy than normal, the 'harmonics' of the World are well, wrong....
All I can say is, whatever happens (if anything) I hope it isn't like the movie..that totally sucked.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I guess I should have said that the 'harmonics' of the World are 'off'...but I also notice a awakening of many people and this is a positive thing.
We have intuition just like animals but it seems it takes a little more for us to acknowledge it - sometimes logic (however necessary) sometimes gets us into trouble, makes us disregard things that we should be paying attention to; kinda like having a bad feeling about turning to go in a certain direction, so you go in another one, only to find later on there there was a fatal accident in the direction and on the street that you decided not to go down around the time you were at the corner wondering which way to turn.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by PaganArchangel]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

I can totally agree with you, I'm double your age ( 38 soon to be 39) and I too am annoyed , no annoyed is not right , frustrated is better at the work, sleep, work sleep routine we have.
I personally want more to my life than that, its like we are not given time to learn about ourselves, or our world or anything else for that matter, we have to conform to the rest of society.

We are told from an early age from when we can first speak and reason that we have to work and work hard to be truly appreciated by our peers, I remember both my mother and my grandfather telling me that, but over the years ( mainly from walking to work with the people) that it shouldn't be like this, its a nagging sensation, tugging at the edges of my psyche, to not follow the herd.
I have reasoned that there is more to life than simply conforming, sure it pays a wage, but what can I get with that wage?, a few shiney baubles, TV's , cars and then what? what can I take with me when I finally pop off this mortal coil?

All the money in the world won't prevent me from dying, no amount of visits to the gym or vitamins taken will stop me dying. All I can do is watch in horror and shock that my life is slipping away , slowly day by day, minute by minute, I listen to family and friends saying " I've wasted my life" and I smile as I have done the same, but what do they do to rectify it?

Nothing.

I have tried to rectify the errors of my life , in the past I have experimented with Astral Projection , and explored other 'alternative' theologies about life, Wicca , other religeons, occult but all those things are frowned upon by the established order or even friends and family , why?

Simply because they are different , the do not conform to the brainwashing schools and work and life in general wants you to have, I have since AP'ing found out that there is an existance after this one ( or at least seems to be), and hence do not fear death when it comes I have tried to explain this to friends and family and they laugh at me, I do not care, all the money is the world I cannot take when this body dies , the only tangible thing I can take is my consciousness, my soul, the id of my life, me .
No shiney bauble wil journey with me, no car can drive me to my next destination, no TV will be there , all I have will be is what I am .

Work , commuting, TV, games, all prevent you from finding out your own truths about you, they are a distraction, to stop you learning that you do not have to work , sleep or commute, but we do because are told thats what me MUST do to 'fit in' , to be 'popular', I do not want to 'fit in' , I'm not even fussed about friends, sure I speak to colleagues , acquaintances and family , I do not want to really sociallise with the majority of them , I do not feel I need to, I want to spend time by myself to learn more about me.

My wife complains that I do not want to spend time with her, I spend 16 hours with her, she moans that I am always tired, I want to sleep because that is when I experience the most 'life', I want to AP most nights, hoping and praying that I can control my consciousness enough to AP, but most times I am too weary from work that I simply fall asleep and let the dreams overtake me.

Nothing wrong with sleeping IMO .

I have become paranoid over the time spent thinking about life in general, TPTB , the wars, the poisoned food and water, TV distracts you with stories of doom and gloom, Newspapers are no better as they all prey on the mind to keep you focused in one direction, that direction is out, not in.

I have realised over the years that I have to prepare my own food to try and ensure that it is at least a healthier option than processed junk, drink bottled water rather than tap, and the tap I do drink goes through filters, I don't smoke, or do drugs ( you couldn't tell from this ranting) , I play the odd online game ( mainly to get away from TV), but more often than not I read , I daydream too much.

Over the years after eating home made meals, experimenting 'mentally', reading and such, not drinking soft drinks or smoking, cutting back on TV, not listening to the MSM or news and investigating things that interest me that my IQ has increased more than it was in the past, I look at people on the street, what them eat their burgers, drinking their cokes, smoking their cigarettes, being lazy in front of the TV and all I can see is 'dumb' sheep, blindly following the herd , and that frightens me the most that they do not see themselves like that, they think they are popular, no, they are being laughed at, by the people taking advantage of them, the media, the cigarette manufacturers, the banks. When I take the mickey out of them they get annoyed and grimace at me , but if the media or banks or government does it they shrug , moan a little under their breath but continue on their way or simply laugh it off and continue on their downward path. sad really.

The wife often tells me to grow up, but I shall not, as it means I have succumbed to conforming, I shall be an old man with the immortal, indestructable attitude of a teenager and I will look forward to it, so should all of you.

Wow , I realised I can go off on a tangent , no wonder people find me confusing to talk to sometimes.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
What do I think will happen in 2012....

Nuthin, life will continue into 2013 and then 2014 and then 2015
and then and then and then.

Unless someone can explain how the Mayans could predict the end of world but
not the end of their own civilization.

Some other notable events will continue to occur:
The Japanese will eat the last whale on the planet, probably a street vendor.
Jews and Pales will still be at War
Jews still going on about the Holocaust
The US still giving Money to Israel so Israel can buy US Miltary hardware to
kill Palestinians.
The US will still have troups in Iraq, Afghanistan and Iran.

One thing is certain, and you make this one your calendar. The sun will
absorb the Sun when it turns into a red giant in 'bout 5 Billion years give
or take a few hundred million years and then no more and then.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
OP, you are not doing enough metaphorical killing. You need to kill more. Don't help anybody. Destroy them. That is what your boss does at work. That is what the animals in the jungle do. You need to learn to compete. Stop reaching backwards to help somebody along and start moving forwards to build and create something better in the future. Let the others die off. Become a killer metaphorically. Take. Don't give.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cabaret Voltaire
That is what the animals in the jungle do. You need to learn to compete.

I'm no animal. Or rather I was an animal when I was young, but not anymore.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I thought i was alone on this, i've also had the feeling of "something about to happen" and i just can't shake it. This is why i've been following the news and ATS since december, i'm 21 by the way.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dukarth
I thought i was alone on this, i've also had the feeling of "something about to happen" and i just can't shake it. This is why i've been following the news and ATS since december, i'm 21 by the way.

Good

Now here is my advice : read carefully the suggested threads in the ATS mails.

Read them with your heart and not with your fear. It's very important.

Peace

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Well i for one rather like my material things...just bought myself a new blu-ray player and TV. But i think the problem with much of what you are saying is the vast majority of people hate their jobs and are overwhelmed with taxes,taxes,taxes that they don't have the time to take a step back,clear their mind and reaffirm what it is they truly seek from life. They are too busy paying for things that time seems to slip by in the blink of an eye. Completely detaching myself from 21st century society and living in a remote area is really not something i want to do. But rest assured it would be a very hard life, alot simpler but i know for a fact me and alot of other people simply couldn't cut it no matter how romantic and noble it sounds. In the end if you don't want to live in a materialistic world full of wants and needs, a mundane 9-5 job then simply don't go down that path.
As for 2012, something will happen...something is happening all the time and will continue to. For better or worse i don't know.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
OK. I'm 33, and I feel like I'm ready to die. Is this bad?

I feel like I've done what's there to do, and learn what's important.

Of course there's more to life... but maybe I'm not interested in living this ERA?

In retrospect, I probable feel like I'm not afraid to nip in the bud, mate. There's a difference eh? Not fearing - as opposed to wanting to die? Life is good. Freedom makes it exciting, unpredictable - yummy!

So, let's live... let's die... who cares. I don't. Hmmm, Maybe you should try living life to the fullest then come back and post on this thread of yours. S&F. Love and hugs too.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join