It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we really do "this" any longer?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I'm young like the OP and I feel the same way. We can't continue doing what we are doing now for more than a few generations or society will destroy itself.

Everyone wants to create, build and contribute something to society. If you feel you have no purpose in life then it will inevitably lead to feelings of apathy and depression.

When you wake up in the morning and know you are going to do something worthwhile in this world, this is the best feeling in the world. This is what leads to happiness and fullfillment.

Younger generations are starting to realize there is something seriously wrong with our society. More people now than ever are awake, ready and eager to change the way we live.

Here is one example. Today's society is more environmentally aware and trying to limit pollution. I don't know if others feel the same way but a small thing like this gives me some hope for the future.

Change won't happen overnight. It will take baby steps and build on itself. Everyone will have to make the choice to switch from A to B.

My idea of utopia is a world without money, mass media, belief systems, politicians, war, violence and pollution. The world can't stay the same. Look at how it's changed compared to a 100 years ago.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Sorry to resurrect this thread 7 years later. Although the 2012 phenomenon is not as relevant anymore, I would attest to economic slavery being very well still as relevant today.

I just can't take the system anymore. Indeed this is not how life is supposed to be, working for corporations most of your living hours, only to spend a few moments of your time on things that really matter -- family, spirituality, passions, etc. And we are doing this because when we don't work then we don't get money, and when we don't get money we don't get to provide for our family and don't get to live comfortably. But is living this way at all comfortable? Is this at all fulfilling? I definitely think it is NOT. It is only that we were taught and conditioned to think that this is how life should go, this is how 'success' happens. Surely, there must be another way to live comfortably without being enslaved in the system.

And yes I do agree that most are waking up. I have so, albeit 7 years late.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TheOneElectric

WOW

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   
i dont know.but we can still take some selfies.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 10:20 PM
link   

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join