It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we really do "this" any longer?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

Hey, what're you talking about akira?

You seem like you got a nice bike, ride it!

If we happen to see each other, let's ride. Doing is so much more different than talking about it.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Greetings ATS,

Firstly i concur that this post is extremely well written and agree with the sentiment wholeheartedly, being of similar age it's comforting that others feel the exact same way as i. However i feel i may be past the point of no return and already conformed to the "Economic Slavery" of the world.

From an early age i've always been taught, i need a job, i need to contribute, i need to survive. No where in all of this have i ever been told i need to be happy in what i do. It's extremely easy to say "live life to the full" but living life to the full requires finacial backing and therefore will require a job to attain such funds to do/see anything worthwhile.

The general conformist view is that everyone should work, and people genuinely are disgusted by people living a free existence, for example travelling, sampling culture etc. People say you will learn to think differently as you grow and adapt. Personally i don't think anyone learns or grows into this state, there are eventually worn down by society's views and feel as they should settle into this life as people expect.

I don't think the system will ever be broken, i can't forsee it happening. I don't think any amount of change will alter the fact that people perceive work as a necescity. Whilst i read here there is so much change going in the world, with people awaking to reality i cannot see it from my window. I see hatred growing more rapidly, small minded and ignorant views coming to the surface more and more and 2010 i believe will be full of bloodshed and mass riots on the streets of the world.

2012 is coming, and i think in the next few years we will see mass social unrest, which will ultimately destroy us as a people. However much i'd like to believe we are going into an age of peace and prosperity i feel like we're going to see thee exact opposite. Yes, many people are waking up to alot of things, which is brilliant, but from where i'm sitting the vast majority couldn't care less and will never care.

ATS is place i come for hope, and read some truely amazing stories, and i love reading the content here but mainly for the fact i can't see anything of the sort happening around me.

Peace and Love

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
This is my first reply to any post on ATS and I am glad it starts with what I think. I am 26 from London and I have been asking the same question for nearly 10 years. I agree that anyone with an idea or an opinion that is different to what is "commonly accepted" is consequently tarnished with the loony brush. I am sure we all have been laughed at least once or twice when talking openly about our views, but we have all been there once.

Can we do this any longer was the question, personally, I think that it’s an individual answer and not so much as a collective one. By that I mean the world is made up of many different people, many different beliefs and opinions and its down to the person to choose for themselves. Myself, I like to read and watch documentaries of the topics that interest me and I do all I can to keep an open mind. Therefore I have an open playing field. Although in order to survive in this world you have to conform to work. How I wish It could be much different. A world of travel and warless would be a paradise!

I also agree that the world is becoming more accepted to what they are being told through the media. It would be silly in my view to believe everything we are being told on the news and in broadsheets. People’s opinions and views are based on fictional concepts that we have no control over, the media writes the news, we just tune in for the excitement.. A type of brainwashing I would assume. (And by brainwashing I don’t mean being strapped to a chair watching black and white spirals like they do in cartoons, I mean that people are not being told any different contrasting information to cast a view)

I believe that 2012 does hold a significance in my view. Which I understand others may contest against (which is fine) and I certainly don’t consider myself as correct. However, the books I have read and the documentaries I have watched shows me that this era of time does lead to an interesting one around Dec 2012. Leading up to this time a number of things will start to make more sense to more and more people, and that excites me.

Already things are starting to come out as I was told over ten years ago that it would, and little by little it’s starting to get people asking questions. And has me asking new ones. I am excited about things that lay ahead, I am not worried as there is nothing that can be done “if” Indeed what is due to happen, happens.

Between 2010 and 12 I believe that it will consist of the acceleration our shift of consciousness, things has already started happening and I think that exciting times do lay ahead. So many ancient civilizations of our past have followed a time line of the stars who have each seen a sequence that make sense. The Maya, The Egyptians to name two keen astronomers of our past, each who have all left us a legacy behind them. I believe that a lot of the answers to our future is buried deep in their wisdom.

So in closing I would encourage people to be open minded, stop watching the news, do your our research and listen to people’s views and question them. This way you can make your own mind up.

TheOptimist

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I just realised USA wants to be the underdog. They want to be bankrupt?
www.usdebtclock.org...

The endless wars is proof #1 that USA wants to go bankrupt. Yemen next?
www.costofwar.com...

Proof #2:
If its not on purpose, they would have released superior technology and claimed patent on it.
Dont tell me they are not sitting on something crazy tech, like anti-gravity cars like in old sci-fi movies that takes place in 2010...
combustion engines in cars for more than 100 years... come on... why hold back on clean tech..

[edit on 8-1-2010 by conar]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I take my hat off to you my Brother\ Sister. It took some of us decades to realize what you now realize... "We're free range slaves". This is a Matrix, an illusion. Be sovereign over yourself. Fear not, you are very loved and very protected. We are all one. We are all. The Creator. 2012...read The Ra Material, Law of One. NAMASTE

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
here's some music to listen to while reading your post

[edit on 8-1-2010 by conar]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Well put, Amen! Damn to those who discredit todays youth. I'm 40 and have been thinking of this for 15 years. Sadly, friends and family don't get it when I bring this up "it's just the way it is" is their mantra.

The answer to 1984 is 1776!
Cheers

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
re: "I see hope."

This is an interesting thread, but while I too see something coming, my vision is dramatically different from those of the author. I do *not* see "hope."

But then, I'm not at all sure that the author is sincere. He begins his post with "I have no clue what the future may bring." But then he goes on to talk about his feelings, and how a better future is on its way.

I can relate to what he's saying. My experience, though, prevents me from agreeing.

For most people, the good times are here now. The author is an American, but he doesn't realize how good he's had it. (That's right. Past tense.) Odds are only one in ten that he would have been born into a lifestyle that was so free and affluent. There was a ninety percent chance that he'd have been born worse off... and probably 50/50 that he'd have had a TRAGIC life. (And HISTORICALLY, the odds were probably 99 out of 100!)

Instead, the author bemoans being 19 and having to work until 65. He feels destined for better. Well, I think things are going to change, but not the way he wants. The U.S.'s best days are behind it, and the nearly free ride is just about over for most Americans. If this kid survives at all, he'll be working HARD at slave wages until he's 80. That's MY prediction for what's coming to America.

Unfortunately, my prediction isn't based on what "I feel." It's based on logic, and on a pretty good collection of numbers regarding the state of our finances, and on a core belief that no white knight is going to come along to get us out of this mess. My prediction is based on math and an understanding that mathematics doesn't lie.

Americans have become numb to the truth that, sometimes, really bad things DO happen to good people. They think that the horrors that have befallen so much of the world cannot possibly happen to them. They think that there is a destiny somewhere that ensures that however badly we screw up, things will nevertheless turn out okay. After all, we are American.

It's even worse with this kid. He was raised by a government propaganda machine called 'Public Education,' that ingrained almost every child since the 1980s with Marlo Thomas's "Free to be, You and me" philosophy of Specialness and Entitlement. The kid is fresh out of school... probably not going to college and looking at his first job working in a burger joint or washing cars. He can't accept the possibility that Marlo was wrong... that maybe he ISN'T just going to walk into a job where everyone loves him and think that he deserves to be in Management from Day One.

Poor kid. This isn't his fault. He's been mislead since he was a toddler, and suddenly he's been cast into The Real World. I feel for him, because not only is The Real World a pretty rough place, it's also making a sharp transition from the Best of Times to what may well be the Worst of Times. If he's finally in the water and struggling now, he's going to be a GONER when the tsunami that's coming finally hits.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageofdeceit

I am a "westerner" and my point being don't conform, don't listen to the box your furniture is pointed at, don't sleepwalk into a waste of existance. He's obviously knows this because he's already identified it, What i was saying is that he doesn't have to take that path no one is forcing him, he unlike the majority of the world is in conrol of his own destiny (unless he has a girlfriend) so stop whining and do something about it before it's to late.

You my friend i congratulate because you realised that life is not a compulsory oppressive ideological set formula.

As for me i was born in the wrong time frame i'd much prefere to live of the land and commune round a camp fire under the stars when things were alot more real.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Message received I am not worried about the end of the world any more, or about politics or any of the conspiracies out there. I no longer fear death, and I am at peace with that. yes, I too feel something may happen, but not for destruction just a new age. That is all, and the powers that be know of it and i feel they are trying to bring about this new age faster then we are ready for it.

My suggestion to you is instead of living in fear, meditate, just as easy as that. It may take you a year or two but I believe meditation is the best thing to get over all of this fear. I've been doing it for two months and although i haven't come close to mastering it, i feel it is something we all should do. My next piece of advice is to pick up a book called From Intellect to Intuition By Alice Bailey. It's a great book on meditation, and the next book The Mystical Qabalah By Dion Fortune. you may not understand it all but those are begining books to get into. I wish you much luck, and to be honest I am a 32 year old women what does it mean to be a grown up???

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Decomposed

Lol your not the first superpower to fade, we lost our status after the wars mainly the first one and then got raped by our closest allies on the second, exchanging gold and companies for there intervention so we didn't have to speak german, anyhow every older person ive spoke to who lived through the 10 years of complete poverty afterwards remembers it as the "good old days", nothing to bring humanity into harmany like a good old war/economic crash/a few nuclear bombs on japan, but then again you did adopt the anglo-saxon banking system as a foundation for your countries creation.

Dude once the unfortunate people of the USSR got passed paying a $1000 dollars for a loaf of bread everything went honky-dorry, look at them now there challenging for world number 2 behind china. Pheonix from the flames and all that.

You are not gods children and im glad you can see that, it's unfortunate that our corrupt governments have followed you.

Now how do you give negitive stars?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
So I ask you:
What do you see occurring in 2012? Be honest. Tell me what you believe may happen, and tell me what you want to happen. Be honest, this is a friendly area. All answers are welcome.

What do I see? I see secrets of old being revealed. I see many nations attempting to take the lead in these "new" systems of energy production that will become common knowledge. I see somethings being leaked that a lot of people are not ready for. I see the beginning of the post industrial society, one in which machines become the industry and create for the people. I see people starting to learn how connected they are to one another and the universe at whole. I see hope.

I would love all of those things. But let's not forget that people make them happen.

We can all sit around and wait for these things to develop for us, but it will happen with that much more certainty and that much faster if as many of us as possible actively participate in our communities and abroad as much as we are able. We also create reality and so creation happens through us.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by bsbray11]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Hi again! I write this after noticing my child put about 500 buggers under the computer table. A few wise words my deceased father who always told me:
1. Nothing is certain in life except death and taxes.
2. Youth is wasted on the young.
3. You only get a few real choices that are important in life, making those choices makes a thousand other choices null and void from making the important choice up. Or you could say that by making the one choice it decides a thousand other choices.
4. Anything worth having requires an enormous amount of effort.
5. Patience is definitely required to be sucessful.
Find something that you in particular like, and do it well. Don't have kids if you don't want to sacrifice and be worked to death. I think that is my greatest joy and it requires a great deal of effort. Joy comes to those who
follow their heart.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I Don't believe there is any relationship to the mayan calendar and 2012. If it does actually end in 2012, well, did you expect them to have a calendar for the rest of existence? Humans are only capable of doing so much.

I don't believe anything will happen in 2012.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

The most amazing thing about this thread/original post is this: and I say the following with the utmost respect and ask you to scrutinize it, that way - you are 19. What have you really 'experienced'? I'm twice your age. I realize that double your age doesn't necessarily equate to twice the experiences, just let me say, I've traveleld the world and seen a lot. As a teenager with time, means and access to a website like this, it already implies certain inherent 'advantages' you've been fortunate enough to live with - me too. Having said that, what could you possibly have 'been thru' to feel that you have any kind of wisdom to offer anyone else. Wisdom comes with age, because it takes TIME to experience, over and over events and situations, before you are equipped to impart your knowledge onto others.

Aside: I'm watching a show on the History Channel, right now, about the dust bowl of the 30s-40s, and am thinking, 'Jesus. LOOK at the way people used to (had to) live.' That is amazing, man. How many people would actually be able to survive back then. Survival training should really be taught (mandatory) in school.

What have we become? A nation of pussified, sit-com watching, dreamers.

I started watching this [Dust Bowl] show right after skimming past the Disney Channel, and seeing the crap that passes as 'entertainment' or 'normal' - this stupid idiotic show, "Sonny with a Chance" - this is the crap we teach our kids what 'life' is - it's sickening, we really are being 'dumbed down' - and, I remember thinking again, I'm talking to a kid...

And, yet, you have come to the same brilliant conclusion that I have: we cannot go on like this.

That says something.

Thank you for posting.

Oh, and Technology (where we've come) is effing AMAZING! If there are intelligent beings out there watching us, I would like to believe they are somewhat impressed with us. How we've developed. And, before I get a lot of "Are you impressed with a colony of ants" anologies #1) yes, I am impressed by that, but #2) sure, maybe they have figured out how to bend space-time to travel or develop anti-gravity technology, or whatever: but, are they capable of reasoning, sarcasm, humor, competition-sport, love(?)...? THOSE types of things, or do they just 'exist'? - humans really are amazing - those are characteristics to be admired.

[edit on 1/8/2010 by SquirrelNutz]

[edit on 1/8/2010 by SquirrelNutz]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cabaret Voltaire
OP, you are not doing enough metaphorical killing. You need to kill more. Don't help anybody. Destroy them. That is what your boss does at work. That is what the animals in the jungle do. You need to learn to compete. Stop reaching backwards to help somebody along and start moving forwards to build and create something better in the future. Let the others die off. Become a killer metaphorically. Take. Don't give.

THAT is precisely the kind of attitude that got us in this mess to begin with! It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out either. Too many people have been taking for too long and too few have given anything.

This goes for everyone, especially our crappy politicians who climb into their chair thinking they are god's choosen. Government has become much more of a liability than an asset and I am talking very seriously.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Cool post. Nice job to the OP for "getting the ball rolling." Lots of good posts here, I have enjoyed reading them. Skimmed through some and read others fully. Very intresting information from different Perspectives.

As for my perspective on the matter.. 2012 could be the beginning of a "transitory phase," maybe lasting THREE years until the year 2015. I think three years because of the symbolism behind the story of the "Sun dying for Three days" and then rising. This is something like a macrocosm of the solstices which happen annualy, except this will be a Galatic solstice, so instead of just three days, which is the amount of time it takes the Earth to STOP and then REVERSE its inclination, it will be a macrocosm of this, meaning it may take three YEARS (a step up on the Cyclical Level). I don't know what the implications of my theory means, or if it even holds true scientifically (lol) but this is just my two cents so take what you want but don't take seriously.

I Do feel there is some Primal Energy at work here. I think some people are more "in tune" with it than others. My personal experiences are feeling energy from others, being much more sensitive to energies, colors, geometries, thinking more conceptually and beyond the linear. I think that Females are going to be naturally "in tune" with something and they will have a large role to play in how things play out.

I see that many people, including myself, are going to be unaware to these changes and may start to "lose themselves." My advice is to merely "leave your(false)self behind." Our TRUE nature is NOT what we THINK we are. Infact, it may be everything EXCEPT what we THINK we are. Actively engage and awaken. Do we sit around sleeping or do we make a move forward. Learn to forgive yourself, which is (for me) the hardest person to forgive. I am extremely hard on myself.... I am actively working on this. Learn to love yourself from the Inside out. It is hard to love others if you don't have a genuine love for what is inside your own self. We are all reflections of ourselves
| (:

Last bit of advice or whatever it is... Learn the ways of the Force, experiment with Tai-Chi, do the opposite of what you would "normally" do.. Live in this moment, not in past or future.

BIG PEACE to PLANET EARTH

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Thank you for your post....it inspired me to register so that I could reply. It is nice to see so many people talking about things that really matter.
In regards to this particular topic, I have a question for you: Who stands to gain from so many people believing that something bad is going to happen? Do you think that this is a coincidence? I am sure you are aware of how powerful the media is but are you aware of how powerful a large group of people who are all focusing and believing the same thing are? When you combine the two, the media focusing the attention of millions of people where they want it, they can basically create anything they want.
So, what do the media and the people who control the media want? First of all, they want us to feel weak and powerless, like we do not have any control or say in what is happening around us. Secondly they want us to continue to accept their "version" of what life on this planet is like (sleep, eat, work, repeat). Thirdly they want you to support their businesses so that they can maintain their Olympus god-like lifestyles for as long as possible.
So what can we do? We start off by doing exactly what we are doing here....bring awareness to the situation and then choose otherwise. Take back control of your attention and intention and point it towards what you do want. So, what kind of world do you want to live in? If our time is limited here, which it is, what can you do to make the most of it? Even though some people are having tough times around the world, there are people simultaneously living amazing lives and experiencing joy and success. It is because it is all possible here....all at once. Why do you think so many souls are here on the planet right now and so many ET's are out there watching?
Bottom line is we all need to grow and expand our own consciousness and create our own experiences here on Earth or else......SOMEONE ELSE WILL CREATE IT FOR YOU.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

2012 is a brilliant and diabolical ploy to take your attention away from the present moment (reality) and to create division and fear.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsloan
This is the worst advice on this thread.
This advice is telling the op to conform right back into what he is having troubles with conforming to. Your just telling him to conform after he has a "bit" of freedom from the grind. It's not about conforming to any of todays crazy slave ways. I don't have a better peice of advice. I can just say if your going to go against the system make sure you educate yourself beyond the means of need. It's all b.s. any way. I own my own company and I still want this and want that. I have financial security and I still can't say I'm happy, Most people would trade places with me, but it's a virus, you want more, you need more, your never happy, Bigger house..get it....high end cars..get it.. live a life people wish they had...And then it starts all over again,again,again, My only happyness is my kid and my wife every thing else is just a damn rat race. So kids I'm telling you don't take her advice. Don't spread your wings to fly and then eventually return to where you started from only in a different spot. Buck the system! Buck it! Buck it! And don't look back!

Sorry to hear that you're not happy. I, for my part, am deliriously happy, because I have found what I always wanted. I loved my "hippie years" and sorely needed a break, but my innermost dream was always to have a place to call home and be surrounded by people I love and who love me, and who will always stick with me, through thick and thin. That, for me, is happiness.

And by the way, our house is very modest and we can easily make the payments, our cars are from 1998 and we paid for them in cash and drive them until they fall apart. We pay off our credit cards every month and never rake up large debts. I don't indulge in buying expensive clothes and jewelry and am very aware it's all just "stuff." (Which we're also trying to teach our son.)

We're certainly not living the jetset life or trying to keep up with the Joneses. I define freedom as being able to quit my job tomorrow and do something else and still being able to maintain our lifestyle. If you're dreaming of being free like a bird indefinitely, then I recommend starting before it's too late.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join