It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Russia Is About to Dramatically Change the World

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Please forgive me once again, not to bust in here,But;
Is anyone seriously thinking for a minute that U.S. is or hasn't been involved ?

People, please stop for a minute and just connect some dots here.

Let's go in reverse; from a U.S. citizen point of view first: Small businesses have all been cut out and major Corps pretty much own most else.
2- Walmarts are up all over the place and owned by who? A: China
3- Banks are wittlin' down to just a few, and a very strong call for & support for global currency. BTW; didn't the Swiss bank accounts just get exposed and aside from tell us first attitude; and then came the penalties?? Enforced by who???
4- Just after Reagan called for the coming down of the wall in Berlin, and we were toldof a new age of peace, that is just until those nasty terrorists started and kept everyone's attention everywhere but where?????

Do I really need to go on? It's the NWO like it or not, and not much anyone can do about it..too late. Sorry, and if you don't like it; well, ummm where ya gonna go, seeing as you need their oil to fill up your car with...

Not forgetting about people in other countries, but guess what; You're in tougher shoes, as they've tightened you up long ago. They haven't figured out how to get all the guns back here yet, although they did try the volunteer program, which means the patriots are taken care of, no problem there...they did what was asked of them, they always do, but for the rest of the majority, we'll hang on to them just a little longer, thank you.
Now I'm too old and broke to resist, but I am paying attention, little that it matters, but it might.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I expect some war games to be played out around Russia over the summer there is no way the US government and their handlers in the oil companies will not allow this to happen so,perhaps they will do some saber rattling and all that or perhaps have some random "Islamic terrorists ."attacking the Russians.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

sure alt. fuels and are being developed.
but for now, oil is where the money is at.
unless alt. fuels become more lucrative than oil,
they won't be replacing oil... and this is far from happening...
you think russia is doing this because they have nothing better to do.
NO, they are doing this because obviuosly it's very lucrative.

in genereal a new technology (e.g. alt. fuels) will only replace its predecessor (e.g. oil), when said predecessor is "milked dry".

take tv's for example.

lcd tv's where first introduced in 2004 i think (please correct me if i'm wrong, i don't remeber right now), but the technology was available since the 80's, they sold crt tv's until there was no more profit to be had...

this will be the same with oil.

it's all about money, corporations don't care about what is best for the environment, what is best for us, they only care about how much profit they will have... why take a risk on something, when you are still making money with what you have.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by bladebosq]

[edit on 5-1-2010 by bladebosq]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by ModernAcademia

We've probably lost our "lone" world power status now. Russia and China will now be the new powers. Sure would be nice to be off foreign oil right now.

Now you know how us British feel! We used to run the world before the American's did! But as history shows us, power is fleeting. If the balance of world power does shift away from the US it will be an intersting time indeed.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

The ramifications for Europe and Asia are profound: The shape of the global economy—and the global balance of power—will be altered forever.

This is overstatement. Russia has little going for it economically other than dependence on it minerals and energy. Otherwise it produces little and has less to export. The coming years will see more dependence on oil and minerals to regain its former economic strength. It will also be tempted to use oil and gas as leverage to get what it wants in Eastern Europe and other areas to regain its former empire. But it will be a struggle.

Regarding Russia's "newly expanding population", Russia has been under water population wise since 1992 and was still in the negative in '08. There was a little blip this year but nothing to be excited about. In contrast the US has had a 1% population growth (aprox.) since 1968 and it continues today. Probably Russia will go back into negative territory again soon.

Negative population growth is not a good thing for a nation for many reasons not the least of which is that youth generally carry the burden of the aging population including baby boomers.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Could this be part of the reason Russia pursued former oil tycoon Mikhail Khodorkovsky, head of Yukos Oil Company? I know the charges were based on embezzling from his own company and money laundering, but he did in fact control the majority of oil production in Russia.

Maybe the Russian state is vying to get back in power and using control of oil as a means. Is this a power play by Putin? That guy is still the power behind the throne in Russia.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
don't think America can use the excuse of wmds' to attack and bomb Russia.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by pauldamo

don't think America can use the excuse of wmds' to attack and bomb Russia

But if we did, it would actually be the truth this time around. Pretty sure Russia still has a good sized nuke arsenal...

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Talk about a day late and a dollar short....oil will be obsolete in the near future, as alt. fuels are developed.

I give this story a BIG GIANT [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a15d7c171fc5.jpg[/atsimg]

If this were the case we'd all be living off the abundant industrial applications of hemp for the past couple of hundred years.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Ignorance Is Strength - Russia - Death of a Nation

Fifteen years after the fall of Communism, Marcel Theroux goes on a personal journey through Putin's Russia. He discovers a country that's literally dying. When the Soviet Empire collapsed in 1991 it was generally assumed that life was going to get better for the average Russian. Sadly, however, as Marcel Theroux's journey through this vast and troubled country graphically demonstrates, most people are actually worse off than they were 15 years ago. In fact, modern Russia seems to have most of the disadvantages of the old Communist system, but few of the advantages.

Meanwhile, the majority of the country's wealth has been siphoned off by a tiny minority of oligarchs and mafia-backed businessmen. So, although the economy has grown rapidly in recent years (largely thanks to the country's vast mineral wealth), most people have grown poorer in real terms. The country Theroux explores is in serious decline. The population is already falling and threatened further by the very real possibility of a million deaths from AIDS by 2020.

It's not a great as they make out in Russia.

Free Press?

The Kremlin announced today that it is forming a new 28-member commission whose mission is to combat “the falsification of historical facts and events aimed to disparage the international prestige of the Russian Federation.” Now let’s read between the lines. The commission won’t have any power outside Russia, so the bit about protecting the country’s international prestige is a lame fiction. The real goal is to make sure that the Russian people only know the history that the Kremlin wants them to know.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
nobody has to lead the world
specially not these loud, cold and ugly chines

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
It will alter the worlds balance if the oil is traded in currencies other then the dollar, the only thing that will keep the dollar and the US shortage/credit bubble alive then are the [FED's]hedgefunds in the caribbean. Still though the peak oil is a serious threat to our current system of industry and economy, In Europe and US we are well aware of this, other industries are booming such as solar power, and around 2035 ITER will go online and supply the EU, Japan and probably the US with thermonuclear energy.Around that time oil wil be a primitive source of energy[imagine what a nanotech revolution could usher us into]..Also around that time China will have serious demographic problems around then and its economy will shrink dramatically, word on the street is India will then become the largest english speaking country and biggest economy on the planet..

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Foppezao]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Big oil will never allow alternate fuels to be developed to any real significance. As soon as it becomes popular to use the alternatives, oil will drop in price and it will be too expensive to use the alternative fuels. Unless the new fuel was free or close to it.
This has all append before if any of you are old enough to remember the 70’s
Russia is trying to corner the energy market, and it looks as though they are doing a pretty good job of it. This is why the invaded Georgia last year. He who controls the energy controls the world.
Look to see Russia to start influencing EU policy by turning up and down the flow of gas and oil.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Russia will always be on the verge of changing things on Planet Earth. It is the biggest national landmass by far, hence the German and later the American obsession of Russia

Many folks are unaware of this. It is really what puts the US in a similar catagory. You get my star.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Donny 4 million]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by murfdog
Big oil will never allow alternate fuels to be developed to any real significance. As soon as it becomes popular to use the alternatives, oil will drop in price and it will be too expensive to use the alternative fuels. Unless the new fuel was free or close to it.
This has all append before if any of you are old enough to remember the 70’s
Russia is trying to corner the energy market, and it looks as though they are doing a pretty good job of it. This is why the invaded Georgia last year. He who controls the energy controls the world.
Look to see Russia to start influencing EU policy by turning up and down the flow of gas and oil.

AT some point the last drop of oil will be used[and prices unacceptable], at the same time other industries such as solar panel industries will use enlargement of volumes to get prices lower for their products and thus lower energy prices [which is already happening in Germany, Spain, US]..Really in the end oil is so 20th century..

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Foppezao]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalo321

Were you ever active in a foreign war?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368
Lots of misconceptions on here about Russia.

Entrepreneurship is busting out all over, capitalism is rampant, and the economy is recovering by leaps and bounds from a disaster caused by the greed mongers on wall street and the idiots on capital hill. Virtually any restaurant in Moscow is always busy while restaurants in Florida that have been in business for 40 years and more have closed the door. I have been both places recently and the differences are mind boggling.

America has HUGE reserves of oil and natural gas that lie untouched while we are "dependent" on foreign energy. It is a dependence created by design and the people who are doing it should be in prison. It is being done on purpose to bring our great nation to its knees so the black knights covered in shining white armor can come to our rescue and enslave us in the process.

Look xpat the common demonator is communism. Wake the f up!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by win 52

Originally posted by Donny 4 million

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Talk about a day late and a dollar short....oil will be obsolete in the near future, as alt. fuels are developed.

I give this story a BIG GIANT [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a15d7c171fc5.jpg[/atsimg]

So you have figured a way to fuel a Super Power's military on wind, sun and Gore retoric?
Care to share?

It is already being used in military craft.

If I prove it to you, they would have to silence you!... and me

Energy is merely a yoke of opression, we happily carry.

No yoke on my neck sunshine
Crap I own stock in electric ships and burn fire wood. Guess how they charge the batteries.
I'll be squalkin for eternity. Diversify

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
everything is following the script. of which we are absolutely unaware. including myself. question for the op, and anyone knowledgeable in this arena : considering the ties shared between the US and Canada what are the hypothetical repercussions that Canadians will face once this all plays out?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Donny 4 million

I hate to burst your bubble, but all the Russian communists that count...are now raging capitalists. Consumed with capitalist greed.

The real communists these days are the a**ho**s in the U.S. that are running things.

Just very interesting to me that so many people make blanket statements about Russia, who have never been there, who have never done business there, and just parrot what they read somewhere else. So much of what you read about Russia is just wrong. I live in Eastern Europe, I am in Ukraine and Russia on a regular basis and have a business partner in Moscow.

At least Russia has a leader that loves his country and is not trying to dismantle it from within. The U.S. is being systematically destroyed, we have a traitor sitting in the oval office and a bunch of arrogant pricks in congress that are wiping their butt on the constitution on a daily basis.

We really should be paying more attention to our own house that is falling down around us and not worry so much about any place else.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join