It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Russia Is About to Dramatically Change the World

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by toasted
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I'm not saying you're wrong....I'm just saying without american dollars and technology,
russia would be nothing....same goes for china....so what I'm saying is, whatever they
tell us is going on about what the russians did this or china did that....pfffftttt..
...they wouldn't be diddly squat without first our dollars [ tax dollars ] and our jobs....which I'm still looking for.....cuz I lost mine a year ago...

can you say...manipulation? how about deception?

lastly, have you read appollyon rising 2012? verrrrrrrrrrry interesting.....

The Russians were deceptive when they were controlled by the Communists.
Bolsheviks under Lenin and the morphing Stalin/ Putin connection IMO have morphed back towards American Capitalism and have left the Zionists in a hissy fit.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Donny 4 million]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

seemingly you have a validated knowledge, what do you think will happen in Canada considering were a cousin state, will our currency tumble as well? will inflation consume the population and atrocities ensue?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by macssam
nobody has to lead the world
specially not these loud, cold and ugly chines

said a fatty and silly american...

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by the hype
reply to post by expat2368

seemingly you have a validated knowledge, what do you think will happen in Canada considering were a cousin state, will our currency tumble as well? will inflation consume the population and atrocities ensue?

I just red from an economist[Middelkoop.W.] that Canada has even larger oil/tar[sand] fields then the normal reserves in the Saudi desert..If both US and Canada invest in these hard to obtain oilfields you have a good thing going on for the longer term right?It only needs some serious financial input first..

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Foppezao]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368
reply to post by Donny 4 million

I hate to burst your bubble, but all the Russian communists that count...are now raging capitalists. Consumed with capitalist greed.

The real communists these days are the a**ho**s in the U.S. that are running things.

Just very interesting to me that so many people make blanket statements about Russia, who have never been there, who have never done business there, and just parrot what they read somewhere else. So much of what you read about Russia is just wrong. I live in Eastern Europe, I am in Ukraine and Russia on a regular basis and have a business partner in Moscow.

At least Russia has a leader that loves his country and is not trying to dismantle it from within. The U.S. is being systematically destroyed, we have a traitor sitting in the oval office and a bunch of arrogant pricks in congress that are wiping their butt on the constitution on a daily basis.

We really should be paying more attention to our own house that is falling down around us and not worry so much about any place else.

I wish you would have quoted me so I could point out any difference in our thinking.
Actually there is none. Where did you think the divegence was?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

thank you,
second line..

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ray Amuro

Originally posted by macssam
nobody has to lead the world
specially not these loud, cold and ugly chines

said a fatty and silly american...

Are you disin the new Buddhas?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I love it!

Nothing like a little competition to drive the price of oil down. Also we have huge reserves up north too, it’s just still cheaper to buy the other guy’s oil right now, and this looks to continue to keep oil prices low.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
all things considered obv. Russia is is rich in fresh water oil deposits and natural gas. this is why there will be a tide of change engulfing contemporary markets of such. I'm Canadian, i love Canada, not a major fan of the US but were lifelong family as long as the current structure in place exists. is it not a consideration that Canada also has a major portion of earths fresh water reserves, oil, and uranium within the Canadian shield. the western tar sands are are peaking, but there are other provinces yet to be close to complete utilization? im not very knowledgeable in this subject and haven't done research im just saying.. my opinion, waiting to be rectified, i feel north America has ample supply of such need be.. all being said, am i completely naive?.. America basically owns Canada even though it hurts me to say that..

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Leslie Willams predicted this in 2007, thats another one come true for him.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
This is really a 50/50 change in our eyes because we have no idea what is going to happen with the whole global warming disasters that have happened recently.

I think a lot more people are really catching on to the global warming scam.

And a point I've made before is, because of all the false numbers that were used trying to prove global warming was because of us, we have no idea what the real numbers are (at least I don't).

If no one does (which probably someone does) though that means we really have no idea what is actually going on.

Oil is still going to be used for a while like it or not. I admit however major countries have invested a ton of money trying to change to 'green' environments, tricking citizens. So I guess I have no idea.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Barkster

predicted what exactly ? the pipeline has been years in development / construction

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
does anyone have anything to say about my comment? please someone correct me... im waiting to be told im wrong.
/off topic, my avatar was myself; and my girlfriend politely asked me to remove the picture.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
1) I can't understand why this didn't happen earlier. I mean, what were they waiting for?

2) I'm having a little trouble wrapping my head around the idea that Russia couldn't sell to Asia before. Was this really the case? Simply the lack of infrastructure?

A rational nation would have started this kind of program up around 1972 or so... (scratches head).

On a slightly different topic, the EU is is the world's biggest food importer, too. The nations have to import both food and oil, and most of them have very weak militaries and huge, expensive social-welfare programs. I don't think this will end well at all for the Eurozone....

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
If you want to check out a good site login to www.ithp.org.... It is an unbiased user generated news sites. You guys seem like you'd all like it a lot. Give it a try.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by Barkster

predicted what exactly ? the pipeline has been years in development / construction

He said there would be an anouncement of huge oil fields in the ukraine/siberia area that would go unnoticed and there was and it did mostly unnoticed. He said once they got the means to pipe that russia would flood the market with oil and put arabia and the middle east in a twist by devolve prices so low they cant make money. He said that the illuminati had decided a long time ago that russia was to become the world largest producer of oil. This article is just a glimpse of the ramifications of tis pipeline.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Interesting point. Especially since Russian scientists do not believe in peak oil. They believe in abiotic sources of oil (ie oil not from fossils). Their oil drilling operations are based on this theory and have evidently been successful.

www.gasresources.net...

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Not going to speculate about the changes this pipeline will bring into the world politics, but economically this project is not well founded, at least it's not really clear yet how well will it work, will there be enough oil to fill it, etc. Btw, 2000 km. oil is transported by rail still.

One more thing. The oil will be traded by a finnish company IIP Oy, owned by very close V.Putin's friend Gennadij Timchenko.
Also, the trade will be exempt from all oil export taxes. Source in Russian Now the tax for westward export is 271$/tonne, so, with planed exports to China that would amount to about 5 billions of $/year of lost taxes. The tax break is planned for few years only, but it's Russia. You never know

So.. the pipeline is good for Mr.Putin, and probably not so good for Russia, except for possible political gain. And most likely the final winner in this all situation is China only.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Oil peaked in 2005, and this article makes a lot of claims, even though it is missing huge sections of the jigsaw puzzle.

It is worth it for Russia to invest in this pipeline and increase oil production because the Saudi oil wells are now in decline, and who ever has the capacity to fill the void will make lots of money, even if it will be short term.

This quote really tells the story.

www.theoildrum.com...

A Nosedive Toward the Desert

Oil prices increased due to increasing US, Chinese, etc demand in the strong economy of 2003 and early 2004. Once it became clear that oil prices had risen pronouncedly above OPECs desired $22-$28 price band, KSA initiated a large voluntary increase in production in the spring of 2004 in an attempt to bring prices back into the band. They were not able to raise production by more than 1 million barrels per day (mbpd), however, and this was not sufficient to stabilize prices, which have never returned to the price band. The band was abandoned a year later.

Why was there a desired price band of $22-$28 per barrel?

The reason is that when oil prices get too high, alternative forms of energy are able to compete, and oil loses its monopoly.

Russia might be able to raise their production up near where SA produced at its peak, but they can't sustain those output levels.

Good bye and good riddance to big oil, the world will be a better place without you.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
What does this mean? The power has shifted and disclosure will be close on the way. The ship of the US is turning too slow to avoid collision.

[edit on 6-1-2010 by DarkCyrus]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join