It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Russia Is About to Dramatically Change the World

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I'm not saying you're wrong....I'm just saying without american dollars and technology,
russia would be nothing....same goes for china....so what I'm saying is, whatever they
tell us is going on about what the russians did this or china did that....pfffftttt..
...they wouldn't be diddly squat without first our dollars [ tax dollars ] and our jobs....which I'm still looking for.....cuz I lost mine a year ago...

can you say...manipulation? how about deception?

lastly, have you read appollyon rising 2012? verrrrrrrrrrry interesting.....

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Also worth noting , for the first time in many years Russia is also experiencing a population growth rather then the usually decline that they have been accustom to for many years .

Edit to add , it is not to far fetched to see even closer ties between China and Russia as China will need new markets for there manufacturing industry as the U.S economy continues to experience difficulty .

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Max_TO]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I'd support the Russians as long as they don't do anything "wrong" with the power of owning large quantities of oil. I can see the US government doing something againist this though, maybe it's just my distrust for them, who knows lol

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Also worth pointing out Russia Planning Nuclear Powered Offshore Oil Drilling Platforms

Russia is planning to build floating and submersible nuclear reactors to power oil drilling platforms which it intends to use to extract the untouched oil and gas reverses of the Arctic.

A floating nuclear power plant is being constructed at the SevMash shipyard in Severodvins located in north-east of Russia.The reactors will provide power to drilling platforms of Gazprom, Russia’s leading oil & gas company.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This really explains why we have to return to a self dependent country. We have food....as we are the largest supplier of food in the world....which will always be far more important than oil.

The rest can be done on our own soil. There is NO REASON that we can't raise tariffs to increase manufacturing and productivity here and also help stave off our debt. We have to if we are going to get out of this rut. It's as simple as that. We cannot continue to borrow China's money to buy their products. It has to change.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

How right you are but unfortunately we are bound by various trade agreements that make that very very difficult .

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Talk about a day late and a dollar short....oil will be obsolete in the near future, as alt. fuels are developed.

I give this story a BIG GIANT

Your view may be a bit "short-sighted".

Oil is needed for far more than just fuel/energy production.

Oil is the basis of our society's entire petrochemical industry, which includes not only much of our food processing and pharmacuetical industries, but also almost all of our plastics production and manufacturing..

And when you think about it, IF you think about it, light -weight plastics and the plastic-based, resin-dependent composites derived from plastics development, are central to the further development of a future based on efficient use of alternate energy sources.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bhadhidar

For now....FOR NOW!

Necessity is the mother of invention

Some day, we will fully control the all-mighty molecule and fossil fuels will be obsolete. But, not until it is an important issue to those that pull the strings.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
It's sort of amusing to think that oil built America, Now Oil is going to destroy America!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Does Russia except any currency other then the U.S dollar for oil sales ?

Second line

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Yep, I understand that. It's not something that can be done overnight...that's for sure...but to save the middle class it has to be done. The middle class is disappearing.

It's amazing though when you see how everything is intertwined and how dependent...really all countries..are on one another.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by David9176]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sgrrsh26
more information please
My girlfrtiends Russian and i want to know what this means for her family back home

It means marry her and move over there.. lol

It's funny the big stories never make the evening news, but the nut job who sees Jesus in her french toast does.. lol Good find on this story.. It makes the bigger picture make more sense.. The US is so screwed.. =/ I guess I'll just stockpile the alcohol and wait on the pretty fireworks..

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Seems to me that the middle class is not disappearing its simply being transferred to other countries such as China , Russia and India , at our expense

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Might sound crazy but recovery from WWII is what is going on. During WWII all the major players in the world were detroyed during the conflict except the US. Japan, Russia, Germany and the list goes on. No wonder the US was top dog for so long. The US has not built anything except its military for a long time and it needs to change or else will end up being a third world country just from sitting idle while the rest of the world moves toward the future.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Seems to me that the middle class is not disappearing its simply being transferred to other countries such as China , Russia and India , at our expense

It's really already happened which is why the entire country is loaded with debt...we're trying to hang on to what we used to have. It's gone.

Oh how the world is a changin'

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Yep how right you are and it's very sad to see how a lot of this was done by our own hand , i.e trade agreements and wally mart

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Double post

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Max_TO]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Russia pumped more than 10 million barrels of oil per day during November. With Saudi Arabian production falling, Russia is now the world’s largest oil exporter. Toss in Russia’s natural gas exports, and Russia is the biggest energy superpower in the world, by far. That does not even count Russia’s massive uranium resources and nuclear expertise.

Ummmm......
Okay this seems like it can really change a whole lot going on in the world.

On top of this don't they have, thanks to siberia, 1/3 of the worlds largest freshwater reserve?

What are your thoughts on this ATS
How much can change now?

www.thetrumpet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

The US forced Russia's economy into a "death spiral" in the Eighty's that brought an "end" to the Cold War and broke up the old Soviet/USSR, just about destroying Russia and its economy in the process.

The Russians have not forgotten that "lesson"!

China sells the US cheap labor and cheap goods made with that labor.

The more they sell the more we buy, like addicts on a binge. This leaves China with a large US Dollar surplus, which the Chinese, ever the wise businessmen, immediately convert onto US assets (real estate, corporate ownership, etc.). This brings them power on the world stage that China would never had been able to achieve by force of arms alone.

China controls a large portion of the US debt, and that kind of power over a nation is to be used to best advantage.

China has learned the Wal-Mart Secret of Success: Volume ensures Profit better than Value. The US may be China's biggest and best customer, but for China to achieve her goals, the US cannot be China's only, or even most important customer.

Enter Russia.

For China to expand it needs resources. Russia has the resources. For China to reach out to other, larger world-wide markets (remember; Volume!) it cannot be burdened by the increasingly desparate needs of one customer (the US).

Russia offers china a solution:

Russia will supply China with all the resources it needs to expand its reach. In turn, China will abandon the US, which by now has become a drain on China's capacity. China will sacrifice the US assets it holds at, or below, "fire Sale" values (destroying the US economy in the process) and, with a guarantee of support from Russia, turn her eyes to the rest of the vast world market once dominated by the US.

Revenge is a dish best served cold. And it gets very cold in Moscow.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

One of the other things to consider that is related to this is that Russia has the most advanced fleet of icebreakers in the world. They have steadily maintained and added to this fleet and now that the artic is thawing a bit, the transit route over the north pole is less than half the time and hence half the fuel. They also have two modern port cities with a trained population in the artic. The US has kiboshed their icebreaker fleet and is down to a single ship. The primacy of the artic ocean is another thing keep an eye on as it too can change the balance of power.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bhadhidar

China has also just recently bought a Canadian company with rights to a stronghold into Canadian's oil sands .

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join