It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Russia Is About to Dramatically Change the World

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

How Russia Is About to Dramatically Change the World

www.thetrumpet.com

Over the next few days, Russia will change the world. It has completed a new oil pipeline and port complex that sets Russia up to become a more powerful oil exporter than Saudi Arabia. The ramifications for Europe and Asia are profound: The shape of the global economy—and the global balance of power—will be altered forever

According to Reuters, the first oil transport loads on January 15. In a symbolic move highlighting Russia’s warming relationship with China, Hong Kong will receive the firs
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com
www.ogj.com
[url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/6890708/We-are-at-risk-of-a-trade-war---and-the-West-has-most-to-lose.html]www.telegraph.co.uk[/ur l]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Russia pumped more than 10 million barrels of oil per day during November. With Saudi Arabian production falling, Russia is now the world’s largest oil exporter. Toss in Russia’s natural gas exports, and Russia is the biggest energy superpower in the world, by far. That does not even count Russia’s massive uranium resources and nuclear expertise.

Ummmm......
Okay this seems like it can really change a whole lot going on in the world.

On top of this don't they have, thanks to siberia, 1/3 of the worlds largest freshwater reserve?

What are your thoughts on this ATS
How much can change now?

www.thetrumpet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
my grandmother said something about Russia "taking over". maybe this is it?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
this will definately upset the balance, perhaps this is why the united states is in iraq, afghanistan and now yemen... all strategically important areas having to do with shiping, oil, and pipelines...

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
maybe these Middle East wars are really proxy wars and the Cold War has never ended?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Talk about a day late and a dollar short....oil will be obsolete in the near future, as alt. fuels are developed.

I give this story a BIG GIANT

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I don't know what the ultimate motive of Russia really is. I will say that Russia really needed a way to boost its economy. (understatement) I really have to applaud their efforts. Hopefully the quality of life improves for Russian citizens.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Russia once wanted a pipeline in Afghanistan and invaded it. The US wanted a pipeline in Afghanistan and we invaded it. War on terror? Hardly.

Maybe Russia turning into a power bloc in fossil fuels will cause the western nations to really get serious about alternative fuels.

But I'm guessing not, it's easier to start another war.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
If true, this will bring more oil to global markets and put brakes on the prices. At least it could. I say, everybody wins.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

If true, this will bring more oil to global markets and put brakes on the prices. At least it could. I say, everybody wins.

It could, although its usually the lack of refineries that has greater impact on oil prices. But then, I'm assuming the whole oil marketplace isn't being subject to price-fixing schemes by various cabals (OPEC, Exxon-Mobil, et. al.)

Perhaps the Russians greater involvement in oil exports will lend some honesty and credibility to.. to.. LOL I can't even finish this sentence

+30 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Talk about a day late and a dollar short....oil will be obsolete in the near future, as alt. fuels are developed.

So you have figured a way to fuel a Super Power's military on wind, sun and Gore retoric?
Care to share?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Russia will always be on the verge of changing things on Planet Earth. It is the biggest national landmass by far, hence the German and later the American obsession of Russia

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I read through the articles and I do agree with the posts. But one thing stated in the one article sticks out in my mind.

World oil production will peak in the year 2020.

How many times will oil production peak?

How many times will their be oil shortages?

I believe their is no such thing as oil shortage and we continually fall for the same lies. When has their EVER been a shortage of oil?

I believe this is all control that we have to see sooner or later.

Why is it we are in the middle of the largest economic recession, yet oil price is still above $70/barrel.

Maybe there has never been any oil shortage ever and we have always been lied to.

I don't know. Explain it to me folks, it just does not make any sense.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donny 4 million

So you have figured a way to fuel a Super Power's military on wind, sun and Gore retoric?
Care to share?

Yeah. DO AWAY WITH MILITARY!!!

Besides, I stated "AS THEY ARE DEVELOPED"...didn't say it was a reality as of today...but it will be well before this pipeline ever pays for itself smart guy

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Excellent find Modern A! Pretty good article.

This is world changing stuff. This could help explain a few things. The increased push for us to "go green" and it definitely could explain the wars. What's even more amazing is that Russia is buying oil contracts with Iraq...along with China.

How long has Russia been working on this thing?

The US is doomed MA. We've got to get out of this war and get energy independent. It's time to scale everything back and start rebuilding and getting our infrastructure fixed before it falls apart.

It's too bad our country is already TRILLIONS in debt.

My god how could our government make all of these horrible mistakes. Everything is going to come home to roost eventually.

It's funny...if you think about it....

We buy Chinas slave labor products and they buy our debt so they can buy oil from Russia.

We've probably lost our "lone" world power status now. Russia and China will now be the new powers. Sure would be nice to be off foreign oil right now.

The only thing that will keep the US going is that we are the largest supplier of food to the world. It's our one good "export" we have left and it can never leave....and to me...is our one saving grace. People can live without oil....but no one can live without food.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
This is world changing stuff. This could help explain a few things. The increased push for us to "go green"

Hey heyyy.. nice catch!!!
Interesting!

The US is doomed MA. We've got to get out of this war and get energy independent. It's time to scale everything back and start rebuilding and getting our infrastructure fixed before it falls apart.

It's too bad our country is already TRILLIONS in debt.

It's even worse then being in trillions in debt
It's being in trillions in debt under a FIAT currency where once reserve money gets released the currency will collapse.

My god how could our government make all of these horrible mistakes. Everything is going to come home to roost eventually.

Think about this way
OMG the country will soon collapse, let's get as much money for ourselves as we can.

The people never really mattered.

I think it might be a good time to leave the country, move to scandanavia
btw your lil boy is very cute!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Care to share?

It is already being used in military craft.

If I prove it to you, they would have to silence you!... and me

Energy is merely a yoke of opression, we happily carry.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Care to share?

Yeah. DO AWAY WITH MILITARY!!!

Besides, I stated "AS THEY ARE DEVELOPED"...didn't say it was a reality as of today...but it will be well before this pipeline ever pays for itself smart guy

Yeah, because we will have free energy soon. Didnt you here? And once the millitary is gone we will have peace and love and we will live as one......and no one will need to work....and there will be no sickness..... I think i have developed a rash from the smell of the $..t your selling!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
more information please
My girlfrtiends Russian and i want to know what this means for her family back home

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandletlive
I think i have developed a rash from the smell of the $..t your selling!

It's people like you that prevent such ideologies from being a reality.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join