It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcano watch 2010

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mclinking
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

True. Yet I hear that those persons evacuated from the affected area are being allowed back! Talk about 'your life in their hands'. It's outrageous and reckless to encourage people to resume their material lives which, let's hope, don't suddenly end in a very uncertain situation.

mclinking

The Icelandic people are very blase about volcanoes - they live with them and accept them in their daily lives and don't have quite the fear or foreboding that others might have (I know several people in Rekjavic). A bit like those living in quake zones.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Stunning pictures of UFOs over Iceland

Exclusive scoop by PuterMan

• Fireballs? or UFOs

• Helicopters? or UFOs

• Ufos? or UFOs

• Footage of lava pouring into the valley - will it fill it up?

Either way some good shots of the lava falling over the edge for the first time.

Iceland Volcano UFOs (Warning 43Mb!) [Actually the slides are quite good so I am making a smaller version (without the highlights on the UFOs) right now]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I remember when there was a "hurricane" watch on ATS, then a "Tsunami" watch.

So I'm guessing since a volcano erupted in Iceland that now there's ppl on ATS that believe the world's ending as a result of volcano eruptions.

One thing to add....Oh...efffing PLEASE!

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Tomis_Nexis

I don't think that anyone anywhere on this thread has said that its TEOTWAWNK!

I see ATS as more of a LEARNING site rather than a conspiracy site. I have been here a few months now and I have learned a lot. And my two favorite threads are Quake Watch and Volcano Watch.

Put your tongue back in your mouth and go away please.

2 cents from berkeleygal

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

it looks like lava spew coming from both eruptions

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Great slideshow Puterman! Thanks!

I think they are copters, or debris.

I can't tear myself away from these web cams!

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
none of the links are working for me, tried 2 browsers and nothing

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

try this one

mila.is...

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Smaller version of the slides. No rings round the fireballs!!! (Sorry still 17.7 Mb)

[edit on 28/3/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Don't know if I got this right in my reply but you go girl for telling mr. tongue - I'm right behind you!

I have been having difficulty all day getting cams to load - even though dreaded dial up - i can usually still eventually get them to load - not today though - maybe due to high traffic - idk - really crazy when you want to go into the office on the weekend just for high speed!!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tomis_Nexis
I remember when there was a "hurricane" watch on ATS, then a "Tsunami" watch.

So I'm guessing since a volcano erupted in Iceland that now there's ppl on ATS that believe the world's ending as a result of volcano eruptions.

One thing to add....Oh...efffing PLEASE!

Wow.

how about actually READING the thread before making an obnoxious comment that doesn't actually apply. Pretty sure this thread is about volcanic observations so us that are interested can find out more. Not the 2012 thread.

Nice work mate. Just a comment to get your post count up?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

As far as I can see the (Vodafone) cameras are down, and have been since around 21:45 UTC last night.

The live streaming can was up last time I looked last night but that one cooks my computer!

Edit: Yes just checked. Both the streaming cameras are up. berkeleygal posted the link just above this.

The Vodafone cameras are not down BUT they are still running on UTC so those who are not on UTC will not get a picture which includes us as we went to Summer Time last night. If you use the sliders you can find out what the off set is. I will amend the program to take this into account.

Yes just checked that out. That is what the problem is. Their server did not advance the date/time at the clock change.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Quake Data 3.5.1 Build 40 is now available.

This has UTC date controls so you can access the static Icelandic web cams. There is a slider that allows you to offset the time. You might have to play with it as daylight savings days are different in different regions.

(I think - in theory - you should not have to adjust as I have made the date UTC anyway. Try it, but you can use the slider if it does not pick upon zero)

If you double click the label showing UTC 00:00:00 it should tell you what you computer thinks is UTC to aid you in setting the slider.

There is a view only check box as well. You can just view the slides instead of having to save them, but SNAP NOW will save the current pic irrespective of the setting of 'View Only'.

Link in signature as usual, and of course free. Enjoy!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Iceland is looking lively again

Got to love the cams Link Here for people who don't know

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAgain

Thanks for that. Just be aware people that those are the live streaming cams so you need a fast computer and connection for those.

You can get the 6 second still update version form Vodafone using QuakeData. Much less intensive on the old PC!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
www.mila.is...

seems to be disconnected at this time

the other link www.mila.is...

is working but the other one was my favorite!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

You obviously have a fast connection. I can't use those for more than about 5 minutes.

Folks if you were contemplating downloading the latest QuakeData just hold on. Version 3.5.2 coming very shortly with full size image viewing and 0.1 x to 3x Zoom.

In addition to view only mode you can set it to View Only but save every nth snap (a number between 2 and 50) so for example at 6 secs refresh setting the snap for every 10 would give you 1 saved image a minute with 6 seconds refresh.

VERSION 3.5.2 Build 41 NOW AVAILABLE

You can zoom to 100% and zoom to Fit as well as the above, and I have applied all the zoom facilities to the viewer for the webicorder plots as well.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Ho hum... what a boring sunday night this is!

My favorite iceland volcano web cam is offline.

so I opened my Terragen program and did ya'll an image.

Can you guess what famous volcano this is?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/11b0fe854772.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Mount St Helens?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Thats Krakatoa 2 is it not?

Kind Regards,

elf

new topics

top topics