It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcano watch 2010

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Folks - check out the web cam!!!! - We have a large Lava flow coming down the volcano!! I hope that is what it is and not the earth splitting!!

[edit on 26-3-2010 by Anmarie96]

cool picture you captured below - i must learn how to do that - When I posted it was still daylight -

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

View of the cam i got earlier, lava-falls over glacier....

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anmarie96
Folks - check out the web cam!!!! - We have a large Lava flow coming down the volcano!! I hope that is what it is and not the earth splitting!!

cool picture you captured below - i must learn how to do that - When I posted it was still daylight -

Not sure I like the new uber-zoomed picture.. although you can see the material being ejected easier...

It's almost certainly a lava flow...

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by MoorfNZ

Not sure I like the new uber-zoomed picture.. although you can see the material being ejected easier...

It's almost certainly a lava flow...

No I don't like it either.

Did you see the big flare up?

New area????

Edit: I will be releasing another version of Quake Data. I fixed it over night to take snaps of this directly, and automatically, from the vodaphone server. More details later.

[edit on 27/3/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Yeah I'm seeing that new area on the live camera.... its dimmed out a few times.... break out? I just saw it move as I was typing this, then a 2nd one. I think it's throwing debri up.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Okay, I'm driving myself crazy with these video links. Where are getting the one in color?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

I know what you mean,

Before the sun completely set i could see the lava erupt and flow in full colour, but as soon as it went pitch black, all i could see was a white glowy blob, which was completely different to the screen caps that Foxe and Puterman posted.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
eyjafjallajokull in Iceland is now erupting from a totally differant place thanweve seen previously.

If you look at a screen shot here: Here

Taken by skitzspiricy yesterday, the ongoing event is plainly visibe.

Today the activity past the ridge, the "new event" as such I noticed is showing nothing, the original event on the right ridge even though busy last night is showing nothing, but in the basin below the ridge, within the caldera/cone as such a new vent appears to be open.

I am interested if anyone knows this Cam, if the view is towards Ketla or away as well?

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

This one?

The activity seems to have settled down a lot. The sky above Eyjafjallajokull is very clear today.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by skitzspiricy]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

reply to post by skitzspiricy

Elf, Skitz, guys. That white is the lava flow melting ice, activity seems 'low' because it has passed the ice itself. The main eruption is about the same. If you look at previous pics/videos theres not a lot of cloud/smoke coming off the main eruption. All that white you see is just steam from melting ice.

It's already been explained by the vulcanologist there. It's still in the same spot, but it has grown larger in length.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by Foxe]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Yup, lava is dropping into the valley.

OK, the next release of Quake Data is ready. Version 3.5.0 Build 39

When you have downloaded and installed the new program, then IF you trust me, download and unzip this file and double-click it. It will create a registry entry for the Iceland cams at Vodaphone. All you need to do is to tell it where to store the files it downloads once you are in the program and then re-save it ('Save Settings') to save the change.

Once you have installed the new program, then under the menu item Webs go to Volcanism Sites > Web Cams > Webcam Snagger

This is designed to take timed snaps of static cams so is good for Iceland, Old Faithful, Popacatapetl etc.

• You can set the lapse time for anything from 2 seconds to 2 hours (all in seconds)
  • You can snap a picture at anytime, even if the timer is running.
  • You can save and load settings

Last night when all the world and his dog were logged on to the Iceland cameras we could not get a picture here on the 'normal' web site, but this dives straight into the server and gets the file. It is still subject to some delays, but it worked last night when we could get nothing on the web.

If you get an error (which may happen if it times out or goes over an hour boundary while waiting for a response) just click the snap now button and see it it corrects.

The other thing that is new and included, and really is still under development, is the display of webicorders as a slide show. As I have rushed this out for the cam snagger the plot section is not quite finished, but one of the menus does work which allows you to see a series of plots you have saved as a slide show.

What I am working on is a side by side version of this, and one which goes off an gets the plots before displaying them, i.e. you don't have to save them first.

If there is a problem please let me know as this was a bit of a rush job..The help has not been updated yet.

Coming soon - Did UFOs visit the area last night? I am getting the pics prepared soon.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Excellent, is it compatable with Windows 7?

... im not sure if that is just lava going into the cone and melting the ice, as the lava from the open Ridge would have to go under or over lots of other ice before getting to that point.

I feel it is a new opening of the vent there, and as the two other places (on the tidge where we can still gas coming out) and the new event on the other side of the mountains as seen yesterday have both stopped, now this is new one is opening.

Thanks Puter for the info on webi, is it safe with windows 7 then?

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Yes, it has been run on Windows 7 64 bit by Shirakawa so should be OK.

Let me know if you have problems.

This NASA photo might make it a bit easier to visualise what is happening.

I should perhaps add that the snapper is not really intended as a viewer, although it does show what it snaps. Because the image since of the Iceland pics is so large it appears a bit small on screen. I find looking at them in Preview works for me. I haven't worked out how to zoom these things yet! (Programatically I mean
)

[edit on 27/3/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Coming soon - Did UFOs visit the area last night? I am getting the pics prepared soon.

In an earlier post here I said that with all this web cam watching we are doing someone sooner or later should be spotting UFO's! I am watching, losing sleep but watching!

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Actually I saw tons of them... the "UFOs", my rational was A: Circling helos/planes for night shots which they do everynight. B: balls of debri glowing, launched and landing.

reply to post by berkeleygal

^ Exactly what I meant. All the other clouds = steam from glaciers. Only one vent atm

[edit on 27-3-2010 by Foxe]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I vote for thread to be made a sticky.

S&F

Thanks to whoever first posted the webcam links, can't top watching

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
CNN has a video of the eruption.

CNN.COM

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
if this fully erupts half of Europe to france will be poisoned by gas...

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

True. Yet I hear that those persons evacuated from the affected area are being allowed back! Talk about 'your life in their hands'. It's outrageous and reckless to encourage people to resume their material lives which, let's hope, don't suddenly end in a very uncertain situation.

mclinking

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhain
CNN has a video of the eruption.

CNN.COM

Thanks for that - great to see an aerial view of the cams I've been watching
gives a lot more perspective to the area... and
at those people at the edge of the flows!!

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join