It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcano watch 2010

page: 58
<< 55  56  57   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Ok, here is a different take on Volcano Watch, how 'bout volcano watching? Has anyone here been to a place called Soufriere?

It's a tourism destination you can read about HERE

What I found interesting is how one local tour guide and life long resident stated that the volcano becomes more active around a full moon.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by zenius

The same system I believe Soufriere Hills, Monserrat. (Soufriere from Sulphur hence the similar name)

Link to webcam link The camera is not very good, or was not when I last looked at it.

This had quite some eruption some time ago - 1995 and has been going at it ever since. Wikepedia article. There have been pyroclastic flows and lava dome collapses, and I am not sure I would view it as a tourist destination! I would love to go and see it mind!

Maybe the mud baths on St Lucia would be better.
edit on 13/12/2010 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Yeh, love to go. Think I'll pass on the mud baths though.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

You have my respects then, I'll not call you sir
'
'
thanks for your explanation, though it was not necessary.
I know what you are asking of me,. no worries.
I will eventually come up with a valid statement of facts regarding the suggestive increase I speak of.
Honestly,.I just need to apply my time in this direction.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Did anyone see this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...
about Valles Caldera and recent activity?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
as its nearing the end of 2010 id like to tell all of you to expect the volcano watch 2011 thread before new years eve . and to give everyone of you who added to my thread a most heartfelt thank you for the wonderful and very informative additions to this thread . its been an active year as far as volcanoes go and i believe next year even more active ......

i appreciate every one of you ............... thank you for keeping this going when at first i had thought that it died the thread i mean but that never happened ......

merry xmas everyone and happy new year .........

MAMMA NATURE DO YOUR WORST AND WE LL BE HERE AT THE 2011 WATCH THREAD TO BARE WITNESS TO IT ALL....
PEACE

alysha.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by zenius
Did anyone see this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...
about Valles Caldera and recent activity?

i have and so has puterman and we both think its nothing much to keep on eye on yet.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

Firstly, I read your avatar, and saw that you are in mourning and devastated. I know not your situation, but I would like to send you my condolences.

Second, thank you for starting this thread. this and Quake Watch are by far the most informative threads on ATS, and everyone treats each other with courtesy and respect. This is unfortuneatly becoming a rare thing. Thank you to all who have helped increased my understanding and encouraged further research.

I look forward to Volcano Watch 2011 and will keep my eye out for it.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Mt. Bulusan records 6 volcano quakes in last 24 hours (philstar.com)
Updated December 28, 2010 02:33 PM

MANILA, Philippines (Xinhua) -- Mount Bulusan in Sorsogon, northern Philippines recorded six volcanic earthquakes in the last 24 hours, Philippine volcanologists said Tuesday. "Bulusan Volcano's seismic network recorded six volcanic earthquakes during the past 24 hours. Steaming activity at the crater and known thermal vents were not observed due to clouds covering the summit of the volcano," the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs) said in its website.

www.philstar.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Doom might be here people.

Explosions heard from Eyjafjallajökull volcano

This time around, it appears my break is going to a shorter then I planned. According to the newspaper named DV (a short of tabloid in Iceland) there have been a lot of explosion heard from Eyjafjallajökull volcano. According to the news this started around 19:00 UTC, when exactly is unclear at present time.

This was reported by a local farmer in the area. But according to Icelandic Met Office and the University of Iceland nothing special has appears on seismometers around Eyjafjallajökull volcano. But it is good to know that in the first eruption in Eyjafjallajökull volcano on Fimmvörðuháls it took few hours for the harmonic tremor to appear following that eruption. For now all that can be done is to wait and see what happens next. This might be a start of a new eruption, or this simply might be nothing for the moment.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I will roll the dice to say it will be nothing,.
my volcameter sez not yet

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Volcano kills 800 tons of fish what?

bumping old thread with new stuff

ph.news.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by The Great Day

wrong thread friend. Try the Volcano Watch 2011 thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 55  56  57   >>

join